Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
alexbib
6th Dan
PSN: alexbib
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So, I'm having trouble with VTSc. Even though the command history always shows the same thing (me hitting 3+4 twice), a fairly large fraction of the time it doesn't cancel. Is there some sort of timing trick?

Thanks,
Alex
-=StReeTz=-
-SKULLDUGGERY-
PSN: XxStReeTzxX
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I know eh? The newest technique your learning is always the hardest man. Crouch canceling steve's duck into ws+1,2 used to be hard as all hell but now it's incredibly easy to do. This VTSc shit is apparently fairly easy as well but i can only get it every 1/5 times. It's actually fairly annoying.

-And that's the bottom line cause StReeTz said so...
Signature I hide behind sarcasm because you obviously didn't grasp the concept the last 4 times you changed my profile.
Dangstro
Sage
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alexbib
So, I'm having trouble with VTSc. Even though the command history always shows the same thing (me hitting 3+4 twice), a fairly large fraction of the time it doesn't cancel. Is there some sort of timing trick?

Thanks,
Alex

are you trying to do it after 1,2 or just stand a lone 34,34?
Signature Do you... tekken?
VATekkenRage.com

alexbib
6th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dangstro
are you trying to do it after 1,2 or just stand a lone 34,34?

After 1,2. If I have lots of time and just want 3+4,3+4 there's no problem, but in the middle of a combo, like getting df312 VTSc ff1+2, it's very difficult for me. Very often it doesn't cancel and I get a tackle miss instead, other times it cancels but nothing comes out even though the command history very clearly shows the ff1+2. Or I get f1+2 instead of ff1+2. It's quite frustrating. I wish the command history would include the frames between the commands, like in VF5, this way I could tell what's happening.
Dangstro
Sage
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
lol i was actually having trouble with the 1,2,34,34,ff12 mid juggle too last night. just takes practice. I was able to get the ff12 grab out though (just not fast enough), so im not having the same problem as you are

maybe you're not hitting 34,34? someone suggested to buffer the 34. and you have to do the first f in ff12, RIGHT after you cancel out of vts
Signature Do you... tekken?
VATekkenRage.com

BigFred
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Guess it depends on the player.

There's a short pause where you have to wait for the animation to catch up. So....
If you're doing something like 1,2,3+4,3+4, 1,2,3+4,3+4, 1,2,3+4,3+4.....
You have to pause after the first cancellation so 1,2,3+4,3+4,N,1,2,3+4,3+4 etc

The rest is practise. Try doing 1,2,VTSc, 1,2,VTSc, 1,2,VTSc from df+1 until you land it consistently then move on.
Signature The meeting of 2 potential lovers:
Girl: My names Carmen 'cause I love cars and men.
Guy: Yeah, the names Beerc*nt, nice to meet you
ATL-dIrT
Kyu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
This is OFdp posting from my phone...

A trick that might help you out that Phunnykidd taught me back in the day is this:

Whenever you are doing 1,2 vtsc or df3,1,2 vtsc, you should do 1,2,4, as if it were a string, and hold down 4. Then, just tap 3 twice to make the cancel simpler. Obviously this wouldn't work with 1,2,3 because that is actually a string. Makes it a lot easier IMO.

Hope that helps.
Signature the dirtiest player in the south
alexbib
6th Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
alright, so after around 5 hours of practice, I can get the stance to cancel pretty consistently. I've come to the conclusion that there needs to be a small pause between each input: df312 (give it a few frames) 3+4 (give it another few frames) 3+4. Now I'm trying to get my ff1+2 afterwards to be as consistent. When I do it, one of 3 things happens:
1)I get it properly and ff1+2 comes out
2)Nothing happens at all! I'm assuming I did everything too early, but that's weird because if I wait any longer the combo simply whiffs.
3)I get f1+2 instead. This is the most common outcome. I really need to find a trick to keep this from happening.

My brain has no idea what my hands did differently when it worked and when it didn't. I'd be extremely grateful if those who have it down could describe the timing they use in more detail

Thanks again,
Alex
zodiac
1st Dan
PSN: sleeplessdragn
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm still quite new to Marduk, but I do think that the window for inputting the ff1+2 is smaller than one might initially think. I still struggle with doing doing the airgrab consistently, but what I'm noticing is that even if you combine the last forward with 1+2, you have to tap both forwards pretty quickly or else you will whiff. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think there is a way to buffer the first f within the cancel, which would cause f1+2 to come out.
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
PSN: OFdp
XBL: CrusherofFeelings
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
For me there is no trick, I just have to be EXTREMELY conscious that I am pressing forward twice, as sometimes I get lost in all the other buttons I'm pressing during the combo. Otherwise, you end up with option 3, as you are getting.
Signature Block more.
Gweedo888
Kyu
PSN: xxGweedo888xx
XBL: Gweedo888
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
K so im having issues with Craig to jack juggle with a vtsc after i tag jack in for up2 and do 1,2, vtsc but i screw up when i go for the Ff 1+2 any thoughts?