TTT2 Baek Set-ups, Mix-ups and Strats

Page Splits 123>...9
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Discuss strategy, set-ups and mixups here.

Guide is MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD.

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 9th, 2013 at 08:06

Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 9th, 2013 at 08:04

Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
crusheznbs
1st Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
so... iFLA involves canceling the 3, 3-5 frames before impact. essentially holding your horses and waiting a bit on 3, 3 ~ F cancels and even more on 4, 3 ~ F, but quicker on 2, 3~ F cancels, right?
and to optimize combos (ex: 3+4 F 3+4 F 3+4 etc.) it involves releasing the forward at the same frame window....

one other thing i was wondering was what would be the fastest way to SS with baek and how could it be utilized effectively to evade and set up launches? (without using the pseudo super flamingo side step out of 4+3 and 4,3,3).
Is it just B3, df3 ~ U_D? So just a small ss from the FLA transition and a bigger one with the FLA WD.

I noticed in the Match replay of Jung Pa Dak (Baek, Hwoarang)VS Knee you put up in another thread showcased some very fast side steps
EX: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6zID-oJu0#t=23s) seems like an example of the super FLA SS out of 433

But http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6zID-oJu0#t=29s
he does not cancel any moves, just flamingo then fast side steps.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by crusheznbs
so... iFLA involves canceling the 3, 3-5 frames before impact. essentially holding your horses and waiting a bit on 3, 3 ~ F cancels and even more on 4, 3 ~ F, but quicker on 2, 3~ F cancels, right?
and to optimize combos (ex: 3+4 F 3+4 F 3+4 etc.) it involves releasing the forward at the same frame window....

Essentially, yes. You need to be able to wait and anticipate the kick just snapping from the knee, and then you press the buttons.
2,3 is a direct transition, unless you're talking about 1,2,3~f in which case yep, you need to kinda react quicker. IMO f+4,3 is one of hardest cancels to do, simply because you need to wait. when doing 1,2,3~f or even 4,3,3~f I kinda get into the flow of things, but f+4,3 is hard simply because you need to wait quite a lot. I don't use f+4,3 simply because of that; afraid that I'll mess up and give the other guy a free CH opportunity.

one other thing i was wondering was what would be the fastest way to SS with baek and how could it be utilized effectively to evade and set up launches? (without using the pseudo super flamingo side step out of 4+3 and 4,3,3).
Is it just B3, df3 ~ U_D? So just a small ss from the FLA transition and a bigger one with the FLA WD.

b+3,df+3~D is the way to SS the largest, as U will just bring you where you began.
The fastest and the largest is SSR, b+3, FLA SSR (hold d), b+1. This brings you to the opponent's back even if they're just standing. However, if you need to get out of your opponent's fact, SSR, b+3, FLA SSR should do the trick, especially if he's being aggressive and stringing away like there's no tomorrow. This leaves you in FLA right behind him, and this is where you can use your TKD combos (BT combos that do half-life on any bloke) to make him pay. In T6 it was FLA 3,4,4,4; WS 2,1 B!; WS(do a CD here to get to the opponent and for iWS) 4,4,4, which gave 105 dmg. I don't know if it still works and if it does, what damage does it do, (as I haven't played TTT2 much) but I expect it to be around the same area. If you have a partner which has good TA! that pops the opponent up from BT and does a good chunk of damage, you're looking at halflife anyway, especially with Baek's df+3+4 ender.

I noticed in the Match replay of Jung Pa Dak (Baek, Hwoarang)VS Knee you put up in another thread showcased some very fast side steps
EX: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6zID-oJu0#t=23s) seems like an example of the super FLA SS out of 433

What he did there was just 4,3,3 iFLa cancel and then hold D for two SS.

But http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6zID-oJu0#t=29s
he does not cancel any moves, just flamingo then fast side steps.

That's just b+3 into SSR. I'm really impressed with Namco buffing up Baek's FLA SS and SS in general; will give more opportinities for TKD combos it seems.

PS: Don't ask why they're called TKD combos. I don't know either haha.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
UPDATE: Tapping down_up will not work for any cancels sans for 1,2,3 and df+3. You need to hold forward for the last kick, and then let it go at the right time and hit d+command to make the move come out instantly.

Last edited by Budding Fighter on Jan 14th, 2013 at 07:50

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 9th, 2013 at 08:07

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 9th, 2013 at 08:13

Lord TKD
TekkenChile.cl
PSN: LordTKD
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by crusheznbs

Sorry for the translations, I've always had this problem....

yes it is SUPER FLA, requires some practice, it runs like in Tekken 6 but if you delay will be released the low special Parry.

I could do it alone with 2 moves.

4,3, fla AND 3+4, fla

Sorry I can not contribute much, the language is a small obstacle

saludos
Signature Comunidad de TekkenChile -> www.tekkenchile.cl

My Youtube Account
Mr.Taliban
5th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
also the 123~f fla cancel can also be done by holding d or u or even b. 123~u_b will give you a standard 1,2 into fla with a quick ss property. doing 123~b will give you a fla backdash after 1,2. 123~f fla has the same cancel property as df+3~f. these two moves has unique cancel properties compared to his other moves that cancel into fla.
Signature Was wŁnschen Sie?
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lord TKD
Sorry for the translations, I've always had this problem....

yes it is SUPER FLA, requires some practice, it runs like in Tekken 6 but if you delay will be released the low special Parry.

I could do it alone with 2 moves.

4,3, fla AND 3+4, fla

Sorry I can not contribute much, the language is a small obstacle

saludos

We respect you sir. Any information you can give us is really good.
I didn't know that was possible. Thanks sir!
Originally posted by Mr.Taliban
also the 123~f fla cancel can also be done by holding d or u or even b. 123~u_b will give you a standard 1,2 into fla with a quick ss property. doing 123~b will give you a fla backdash after 1,2. 123~f fla has the same cancel property as df+3~f. these two moves has unique cancel properties compared to his other moves that cancel into fla.

I did talk about that in an earlier post haha. However df+3~b will not cancel. The df+3 cancel will be talked about in a whole lot of detail soon enough...
Marin
Sage
PSN: Marin9892
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
@Budding: Nice posts! Although some of your remarks are somewhat debatable. I think b+1 and b+2 are great moves, because of the added sidestep. And some good moves that I would add are uf+2 (safer than FLA uf+3 as a low crush from FLA and + on block), d+3 and 1+2,4.

I'd also like to add this one strat of my own: 1+2,4 near the wall. First, an example from an actual match vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=F...rXe2qbA#t=5124s

Basically FDFA oki near the wall is scary, because of how difficult it is for the opponent to get out of the FDFA position, because you can get relaunched into the wall at any moment and because basically the only good way out is either by quickstanding, which results in a cornered position (which is also a tough spot to be in), or Tag crashing. Baek has the fastest attack that results in a spiked FDFA position in the entire game, namely 1+2,4 (14 frames). Some moves that are great in this situation:

For resetting the oki:
- d+3
- ss+3
- d+2

For a wall splat:
- df+1
- f+2
- d+4,3,3,3~f

I prefer to use 1+2,4 near the wall instead of a wall splat launch because of the amazing oki afterwards.
Signature TTT2 Baek & Leo Combo Vid
T6BR Baek Combo Vid reupload

Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Keep guessing, till my db+3,3~f damage accumulates, idiot.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 9th, 2013 at 08:23

Commandoo
Champion
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I read alot of this and it's all really good stuff congrats to budding fighter for his input and others on the super side step..I don't know how I would manage without this input makes me want to fight with him even more each time,

one question tho, Does super side step work from doing b+3,d? As I tend to use it a lot?
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the input, pal. Really appreciated. Guys like you want me to keep going and translating those guides.

b+3,D is his traditional double sidestep and due to the buff in sidestepping in general, I don't think it'll be an issue for you if someones pressures you and you want to use it to get out of there. So yeah. I don't know if you can do that (and to be honest, I don't even care because super side step sucked balls), but b+3~SSR should be all you need anyway.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 9th, 2013 at 08:23

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 10th, 2013 at 07:34

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I believe I have just four-five more topics to cover as far as TTT2 Baek is concerned (Okizeme, Juggling, FLA WD, Team Synergy and possible good partners, and General Strategy in depth and more explanations; I don't have the game on me so I can't really make anti-character strats). So, I'm thinking of consolidating all this stuff into one other thread and making this a discussion thread (I suggest mods may want to merge the 'Are You Happy With Baek' thread with this one because it's got some strat stuff in it).

Anyone wanting to contribute to oki? Please? I don't have much stuff for TTT2, only T6. Marin's got the 1+2,4 oki when opponent faces the wall, and he made the vid in which he talks about double db+3,3~f oki off of combos (which the Baek community should be grateful for ), so is everything else the same as T6 in terms of oki?
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
MOVED TO GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 10th, 2013 at 07:34

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Moved to GUIDE THREAD

Last edited by Budding Fighter on May 10th, 2013 at 07:28

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I don't know much about his standard throws, but his db1+3 is pretty much identical to Hwo. If they stand up right away or side roll and stand up, they will be backturned for a short amount of time, where you can backthrow or do a BT juggle. Obviously if they stay grounded or sideroll and stay grounded, d2 is the go to option. I was trying to see what to do against back roll, ff3_db3_cd3 should catch but I couldn't get it...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"