Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Sir Canealot
Nina's Dad
PSN: SirCanealot
XBL: World n+4 Champion!
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Greetings, good people.

I have decided to come out of my long retirement for TTT2 as I feel that the community - no, the world - has been lacking in both 1,3 and n+4 research. As the best Asuka player in the universe, I plan to thrust forward and fix all of the world's problems with n+4 and 1,3.

However, for such grand research I find myself lacking in time! (and a full time job might have something to do with it too)

I feel that every forum should have a basic combo thread for quick reference for all my esteemed colleagues here and for noobs quickly trying to pick up the character. (and I may be starting some more of these in the coming days!)

Please post basic combos here and I will update the first post with their damage and general difficulty. Please only include things that works on all characters and in most situations.

Please also include things like guaranteed sweeps after throws or things like Kazuya's b+1, b+1,1,2 from TTT as this is also a combo. (go try it, lol)

Quickly! Let us make this place great!

Yours,

SIR Mandem ting that one time Richard Williams lol

Last edited by Sir Canealot on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 22:14

Signature SirCanealot
And they shall know no fear....

Universe 2017 Best Asuka Universe Player
Rapham0n
Shihan
PSN: Raphamon
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
@TC:
I appreciate what you are trying to do but I have to be honest and say that you instantly come off as an arrogant dbag the moment you proclaim something like "I'm the best <insert character name here> player in the world." So do yourself a huge favor and tone that crap down. As good as you might think you are trust me when I say there is always somebody better out there. Always. And usually the people who brag about how good they are tend to be the ones that are not really that good.

Anyway, I was just about to make a thread for "Asuka Kazama solo combos" but since you've already created this one I might as well add my stuff here. Unless you meant this thread to be for really short combos, because I'm not really clear on what you mean by "basic combo thread". To some people a "basic combo" is a 3 hit string. To others a "basic combo" is any combo that is not impossibly hard to do regardless of number of hits. I'm just going to assume this thread is for all combos because it would seem redundant to make another thread for combos.

I looked up the combo list that eleetplayah created for Tekken 6 BR and I started testing all of the combos in his old thread. Due to some changes in TTT2 some of his old combos can now be improved on for either added damage or easier input. So while most of my list I got from eleetplayah's Tekken 6 BR thread I did make a few changes. Keep in mind that when I play this game the most important thing I look for is ease of use while still maintaining decent damage. I also test all of my combos on Ling Xiaoyu, Wang Jinrei as well as Jack-6 in a stage with no walls, just to make sure everything does hit even against the smallest of characters as well as the bigger characters in the game.

Since this post is long already I'll post my combo list in my next post. So apologies if it turns out to be a double post.

Again, all of my combos are easy to do and they don't involve ridiculously strict timing nonsense like dashes during a combo while your opponent is in the air or iWR moves or any of that abnormally difficult stuff. Also since I use a normal PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 controller it's obvious that my combos are PS3 controller friendly. I can't guarantee that my combos will be easy to do on the standard Xbox 360 controller. The Xbox 360 controller is very clearly not made with fighting games in mind. So if you are on Xbox 360 and are using the standard Xbox 360 controller then that will most certainly add a level of difficulty to these combos.

Also keep in mind that I'm using a HDTV. It's nothing fancy. It's an entry-level HDTV. This means that my combos are HDTV friendly. As long as your TV's input lag is not too bad then you should not have any difficulty doing the combos I post up no matter what brand of TV you use. (In other words my combos do not require a lagless monitor.)

Last edited by Rapham0n on Feb 12th, 2013 at 17:04

Rapham0n
Shihan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is my combo list for TTT2 Asuka Kazama. Feel free to point out any improvements you can make. *(Special thanks goes to eleetplayah for his T6BR combo thread. Without his thread I would never have figured out any of these combos. Most of the combos have been taken from his old thread and only slightly modified)*

-Asuka Kazama Solo Combos-

(note: TAG dmg = the amount of damage the combo does when playing against a Tag Team. SOLO dmg = the amount of damage the combo does when playing against a Solo Opponent.)

(note 2: The damage listed is NORMAL damage. RAGE/NETSU as well as Counter Hits have not been taken into account. When in RAGE/NETSU state or when landing a Counter Hit then the damage will obviously be even higher.)

1+2:
- b+4,2,B! uf+3, b+2,4,3 (7 hits, 74 TAG dmg)

SUCCESSFUL DF+1+2 LOW COUNTER:
- ff, 1+4,2, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (10 hits, 84 TAG dmg)

DB+2:
- db+1, 1+4, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (9 hits, 74 TAG dmg)

CH D+2:
- 1+4,2, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (9 hits, 72 TAG dmg)

DF+2:
- uf+3, df+1,2, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (9 hits, 71 TAG dmg)

F+2:
- uf+3, df+1,2, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (9 hits, 80 TAG dmg)

B+3:
- 4,3, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (8 hits, 78 TAG dmg)

CH UF+3:
- db+4,3, d+2, B!, dash ff+2,1+2 (6 hits, 71 TAG dmg)

WS+3:
- 2,1,1+2, B!, db+4,3 (6 hits, 63 TAG dmg)

CH 4:
- f+2 (2 hits, 40 TAG dmg)

CH B+4:
- db+4,3 (3 hits, 44 TAG dmg)

CH B+4,2,B!:
- uf+3, 1, b+2,4,3 (7 hits, 68 TAG dmg)

F+4:
- db+4,3 (3 hits, 46 TAG dmg)

UF+4:
- 2,1, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1+2 (8 hits, 78 TAG dmg)

FF+4:
- ff, 1+4,2, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (9 hits, 77 TAG dmg)

CH SS+4:
- db+4,3, f+2 (4 hits, 56 TAG dmg)

D+3+4:
- df+1, 2,1, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (10 hits, 80 TAG dmg)

(1+4,2),D+4:
- db+4,3, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (8 hits, 75 TAG dmg)

(LEG CUTTER),3: (note: leg cutter is the db+4 move. 1,4, b+2,4, and b+3,4 has leg cutter as the second string. db+4,3 is NCc, and if the 2nd or 3rd leg cutter hits, then 3 is guaranteed.)
- uf+3, 2,1, 2,1,1+2, B! ff+2,1 (10 hits, 97 TAG dmg)

CH (WHIPLASH),3: (note: whiplash is the f+1 move. 1,1 and b+2,1 has whiplash as the second string.)
- df+1,2, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (8 hits, 70 TAG dmg)

CH WHIPLASH,d+4:
- d+1+2 (3 hits, 75 TAG dmg)

FALLING RAIN (FC df,d,df+1+2):
- uf+3, 2,1, 2,1,1+2, B!, ff+2,1 (9 hits, 66 TAG dmg)

CH WS+1+2:
- you can launch the opponent with 1+2, df+2, f+2, or wallsplat with df+3 after it. The CH stun is similar to Kazuya's CH df+2.

WHEEL KICK (2+3):
- db+4,3, f+2 (4 hits, 56 TAG dmg)

LOW PARRY:
- f+1, df+1,2, 2,1,1+2 (6 hits, 39 TAG dmg)

CH FC df+2:
- ws+1,4 (3 HITS, 69 TAG dmg)

3~4:
- d+1+2 (2 hits, 49 TAG dmg)

WALL COMBOS:
(WALL HIT PRE B!) - b+4,2, B!, b+2,1,4 (most damaging)
(WALL HIT POST B!) - 1+4,2,d+4 (most damaging)

PUNCH REVERSAL (b+1+3 or b+2+4):
note: if you happen to reverse an opponent's punch when the wall is right behind you, you can follow it up with a wall combo using b+4,2, b+2,1,4.

Last edited by Rapham0n on Feb 12th, 2013 at 17:24

pIchu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh dear... Richard, mate... good to see you back on the forums!

Not so fond of your ego... but knowing what you're like, having a dickhead here always seems to lighten the mood a bit

I haven't had a good look at Rapham0n's list, but it seems pretty solid. I'd probably have a few easier ones in there as well for variety but could be a good place to start.

By the way, I have an awesome photo of us when you were here... I'll post if I can actually find it...
Sir Canealot
Nina's Dad
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, it's pIchu~~~ <3

I was pleased to see that you're around here too
I had to make some huge stupid first post back on this forum, otherwise there's no point to me being alive and I may as well go live in a cave somewhere.
And it's actually no ego at all, I really believe everything I'm saying!!!

Rapham0n: I actually had a much better post before, but it got lost. It would have made you release many more of your bricks.
By the way, I said best Asuka player in the UNIVERSE, not the world. Where did I say world?

Anyway, don't worry. If I get my head around TTT2 and actually start playing at all decently, I'll be posting some "interesting" stuff to "chatting complete ****" in about a 30:70 ratio. Maybe 25:75 if I'm having a bad day.

Thanks very much for posting your list. I'm still trying to get my head around TTT2 and Asuka was the only character I played seriously in T6, so I'm trying to make sure I'm solid with her combos before bothering with anyone else. I did notice her combo system seems very similar to T6, so that's helped a little bit.

I have found more basic information on Jun that Asuka. It seems there's no basic combo threads on the internet yet!

One PIECE OF THE PUZZLE I have not seen is though... What juggles are there off n+4?

Anyway, I must go to work now, so I'll practice some of this later!
Signature SirCanealot

pIchu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
n+4? Neutral 4? You can't mean CH 4 since that is listed... to be honest, no idea what you're on about. Perhaps IRON LOBSTER can shed some light... you're from his home town :p
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry I don't speak London...

@Raphamon

Sir Cane is indeed an old school player therefore a 'made man' so no need to misinterpret his friendly troll posts/topics as 'd.baggery'.

Yes he means magic 4 juggles lol!

CH4, short dash 1+(4),2, d2 b! never fails as sometimes the 2,1,1+2 b! whiffs depending on how you dashed in.

...Don't we already have a combo thread here???

Unless you want to keep this soley for Asuka business then that's fine.
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
pIchu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
hahahahahahahahahaha... conversely, don't misinterpret an oldschool player, a 'made man', his antics as 'not d.baggery' :p

Good to see people coming back though. I remembered HatMan from when I started playing Tekken years and years ago when Richard was around... then... I met Richard... the return of NO PANTS!

Rapham0n
Don't feel bad.. this guy was walking around my house during a party with no pants on. It's easy to misinterpret anything coming from him.
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
This should get interesting now as it is.....
pIchu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Can't find the picture
insanelee
tinh yeu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
omg sirc is baaaaaack

also if her ch4 combos are same from t6

1+(4),2 211+2 should almost never miss

1+4,2 d2

you have to be able to tell by the time you finish 1+4,2 if the second hit whiffed or not and complete it accordingly.

also ommmmmg sirc is baaaaaack

bronson.
Signature www.eightarc.com
pIchu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you met Richard in real life, Bronson?
hackprefect
2nd Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
CH f+1,d+4_3~4, WS 4, dash 1+4, 2,1,1+2, d/b+4, 3 works. 3~4 gets 75 dmg. The freaking AI used this on me one time. The timing is tight, but it's completely doable. Only difficulty is being in range for the WS 4 to hit. If your dash is too short/late, the 1+4 will miss, but if you see it whiff you can hit 3 to try to force them to block and keep yourself safe. Really not sure if (1+4),3 is safe if they immediately tech, though. I didn't get to test that.

f+4, dash 1+4, picks up just like it used to.

Last edited by hackprefect on Oct 8th, 2012 at 19:45

Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hackprefect
CH f+1,d+4_3~4, WS 4, dash 1+4, 2,1,1+2, d/b+4, 3 works. 3~4 gets 75 dmg. The freaking AI used this on me one time. The timing is tight, but it's completely doable. Only difficulty is being in range for the WS 4 to hit. If your dash is too short/late, the 1+4 will miss, but if you see it whiff you can hit 3 to try to force them to block and keep yourself safe. Really not sure if (1+4),3 is safe if they immediately tech, though. I didn't get to test that.

f+4, dash 1+4, picks up just like it used to.

I posted the CH f+1,d+4 combo awhile ago. Does 100+ damage.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Robo-mitsu
Champion
PSN: DemonKingLaharl
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rapham0n
@TC:
I appreciate what you are trying to do but I have to be honest and say that you instantly come off as an arrogant dbag the moment you proclaim something like "I'm the best <insert character name here> player in the world." So do yourself a huge favor and tone that crap down. As good as you might think you are trust me when I say there is always somebody better out there. Always. And usually the people who brag about how good they are tend to be the ones that are not really that good.

*whoosh*
Signature Shiki Soku Ze Kuu... *BZZT*

Angelo1 on Malekith: "Yeah it would be very cool to see an Asuka player win a tournament if he didn't win almost every tournament he participated in."
Rapham0n
Shihan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys but the main reason I picked Asuka as my main is because her stuff is not ungodly difficult to do. Unlike 98% of the rest of the cast. I chose Asuka because she is pretty much the only character whose combos/strings/juggles I can get right. I don't have the reflexes/muscle-memory/timing/speed/reaction time to pull off things like mid-combo-dashing-while-opponent-is-in-the-air or iWR moves or performing a "slight dash" here or there mid-combo or consistently pulling off 3 or more QCF motion moves in a row or stuff like that.

I chose Asuka because she can still get really really good damage without ever having to use difficult stuff like those I mention above. Doing a dash while the opponent is in a BOUND state I can do because that's easy. Doing a dash while the opponent is in the air is impossible for me because I can NEVER get anything to hit if I have to dash while my opponent is in the air. So that renders any combos that contain a dash instantly useless to me. I cannot get CH 4, dash, 1+4 to hit at all. The timing required on the dash is so strict it makes an otherwise easy to use character unnecessarily difficult.

Like I said, Asuka seems to be a character that can do really well without the need for difficult things such as dashes mid-combo and iWR moves and so on and so forth. All of my combos are meant to be really easy to do while still allowing for good damage.

Also, those of you who say that 3~4, iWS+4 hits, have you tried it on Ling Xiaoyu? I can't get it to hit against Ling Xiaoyu at all. The game is already difficult enough with hundreds of moves, combos, strings, juggles and punishes to remember all the time. I really don't need the added difficulty of having to remember which combos I have to alter mid-match because of them not hitting small characters. So I just test which combos hit ALL characters and I stick to those combos for simplicity's sake. Asuka is supposed to be an easy to use character. Why make the character more difficult than she needs to be by bringing in all this difficult stuff when her easy stuff is just as good?

If you are able to pull off the difficult stuff then good for you. Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with godly reflexes. For some of us the more difficult stuff is just not possible. That is why my combos are aimed at being very easy to do. No strict timing. No weird inputs. No impossibly timed dashes. And best of all they still do good damage.

All of my combos are made so that they can be pulled off by average Joe/Jane using the standard (non-altered) PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 controller on an ordinary HDTV that most likely has at least some input lag. My combos are made for this because I fall into this category. I'm not a tournament-level player. I'm not an elite player. I'm not an advanced player. I'm just an average Joe that sits somewhere a little bit above beginner-level and I play on a standard HDTV (which probably has some input lag) using a normal PS3 controller. And my combos are made to work with that while still giving the user decent damage. Most of my combos only do 2 to 3 points less damage than the infinitely harder-to-do ones.

There are way too many people posting up combos that only the most uber elite players can do and only on a lagless monitor.

Last edited by Rapham0n on Feb 12th, 2013 at 17:38

xQUEENOFLOVEHDx
Kyu
PSN: THEQUEENOFLOVEHD
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
1+2:
- db+4,3, 2,1,1+2 B!, ff+2,1 (8 hits, 79 TAG dmg)
-- ff+2,1+2 after bound: (8 hits, 81 TAG dmg)
-- db+4,3 after bound: (8 hits, 78 TAG dmg)
-- f+1,4 after bound: (8 hits, 79 TAG dmg)

FF+4:
- ff, b+4,2 B!, uf+3, b+2,4,3_b+2,1,4 (7 hits, 79 TAG dmg)
Signature www.youtube.com/thequeenoflovehd
Malekith
Fujin
PSN: Malekith1984
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
use CH4 dash 2,1 2,1,1+2 B! =O
Signature
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
OMG MALEKITH IS POSTING IN THE ASUKA THREAD!!!

just short dash for her ch4,1+(4),2 combo
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
Sir Canealot
Nina's Dad
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
The combination of a really annoying cold and being insanely busy at work means I have retired again.

Please send cake and pizza asap so I can continue my n+4 research.

I need to play Jun too, isn't her n+4 11 frames while Asuka's is 12 frames?

I need to research all of this and invite OwnerOfMcDonald from Hong Kong to help me (I think that was his name; he was awesome!)
Signature SirCanealot