Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Just thought I'd start a thread where people are posting who they are teaming Alisa up w/ and why. Maybe ideas can be shared to help out other people who are stuck *like me* on deciding:

Personally, I'm stuck between:

Jack
P. Jack
Paul

For me, I love passive aggressive Alisa. Meaning, when I'm in, I stay in until a knockdown and then I back off and try to poke and whiff punish. So of course, I made this thread for selfish reasons also haha
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nori
Just thought I'd start a thread where people are posting who they are teaming Alisa up w/ and why. Maybe ideas can be shared to help out other people who are stuck *like me* on deciding:

Personally, I'm stuck between:

Jack
P. Jack
Paul

For me, I love passive aggressive Alisa. Meaning, when I'm in, I stay in until a knockdown and then I back off and try to poke and whiff punish. So of course, I made this thread for selfish reasons also haha

Based on your style, I would say go with Jack. He's more of a keepout character with 2,1, df+1, db+1, FC db+1, and df+2 for whiff punish. Plus, they have a tag throw
Signature
Nori
Crom is my god
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Demoyon: Appreciate the feedback. I have Jack for a backup team w/Alisa, but I ultimately decided to go w/Anna. They are just very strong together IMO
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
CurryRaisu
Kyu
PSN: lkaMusuko
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Besides Jack, P. Jack, Paul, and Anna, are there any other good partners for Alisa?
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Demoyon
Based on your style, I would say go with Jack. He's more of a keepout character with 2,1, df+1, db+1, FC db+1, and df+2 for whiff punish. Plus, they have a tag throw

d/f+2 for keepout all day.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
Nori
Crom is my god
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CurryRaisu
Besides Jack, P. Jack, Paul, and Anna, are there any other good partners for Alisa?
Those are just the ones I listed for my preference, I'm sure there is much more. Alisa gets along w/many of the chars. I'm sure her and Ling work well together. I believe Yoshimitsu also and Bryan works well w/her too

Lilleboff: Yeah, now I just spam Anna's DF2. People are REALLY sleeping on how solid she is now but Jack is a great partner for her too
Signature
What is best in life?

AnimalFries
3rd Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm a Yoshi player that picked up Alisa.
- they "like" each other (still dont know what this means)
- alisa b+3+4 and yoshi's shark attack as a combo ender does 90+ dmg depending on the launcher
- you can steal ideas from chanel
rivie2x
Expert
PSN: rivie2x
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I think I'm gonna go just with Jaycee for now,she's really good and has a ton of useful moves, great mids, throws, scary lows, and the wall throw XD. Plus I also started using Julia in t6. Then in the future I'm thinking about Lars and Zafina.
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
currently thinking about bob, Forest m Bryan and nina still deciding

Last edited by EndTimes on Dec 26th, 2012 at 09:21

Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
crazed ferret
Master
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Ling all the way! They're BFF's.
Signature Kai-lan: Yeye: Rintoo: Pandy: Tolee: ??? Hoho: ??? Lulu: ???
Conclusion: Tekken will not have continued success unless the roster includes a koala, a monkey, and a flying pink rhinoceros.
Raven
Berserker
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Xiaoyu mostly because I've been too busy to learn new characters.
Signature "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win."
-=Sn8kStryke=<~
3rd Dan
PSN: cubstylee
XBL: Haha... no.
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I've got her paired up with Lei. Lei is mentally draining to play, Alisa is relatively simple, so it balances out. She also makes up for things that he lacks (forward range) and he makes up for things that she lacks (strong mixup game in open space).

They have some VERY strong TA wall juice, both ways, but juggles in open space and wall carry could be a little better.

I'm having decent success thus far. I, too, have stolen quite a few ideas from Chanel
Signature Your kung-fu is....not strong.
JTchinoy
Galingan mo!
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I use:
Kuni
Jack
Yoshi
Ling

Why? Because Alisa can dish out decent damage as a TA for anyone.
Signature http://www.tekkenlive.com/
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
that b+3+4+3+4 kicks them away bob is only getting a dash 1+2,1+2
GravityD5
7th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
i use eddy/alisa ... for total keep out and eddy can apply pressure as well... my team sucks on punishments though, but its really good for keep out and pokes
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess its time for me to update this....say my two cents.

First team I played Bob/Alisa
This was a okay team I never really excelled at it I felt so restricted by Bob's moveset (this is not t6 bob) in terms of launchers. his moves are solid. But having what seemed to me only two good launchers ws+2,1 and u/f+3 ( yes he has d/f+2 but its only a ch launch so when your down what do you do?) his damage was good and Alisa was okay considering Alisa's damage is usually always going to be low 80's. But From bob to Alisa it was pretty good. Great wall damage nice combos. All in all good times. hellweeps really good with rage. But meh I guess in the end it was not for me.

Next....Byran/Alisa
Extremely solid team byran is just a good character period. One of the strengths of this team is the fact that every single one of Alisa's launchers gets supercharged and becomes good with byran. You can even use things like b+3+4+3+4 (something you may never get to use with other people it does Great damage). u/f+4,4 the regular damage off this combo is low. But with Byran you getting like 77 damage almost 80 which is Amazing for Alisa's hopkick. Many games I would be playing and I am able to land a hopkick now this is usually where they wold get up and live with rage but not with having byran. Ounce you get his staples down you are going to be seeing 90+ damage easily. I've never had so many perfects. Two combos you win. I call this team team comeback. Off anyone landing anything you can make a comeback for good damage. His TA is extremely flexiable with Alisa you can modifiy it at will to suit you making it more useful than many TA's.

Next Kunimitsu/Alisa
Now this team I was initially happy at first I enjoyed seeing kuni's flip GREAT damage. Her solo combos are like 80's damage. really nice wall carries and b+3+4,3+4 at the wall with kuni is like 0_0 to good. The Alisa side her damage from d/f+2 meh.. but her b+3+4 and ws+2 damage was sick all read life landing a b+3+4 is game changing 100 damage. off ANY b+3+4 you can be losing and woops they got hit by b+3+4 and its GG. Kuni is fairly simple "combo" wise but her lows blow. Some people will have there arguments here but in reality they dont strike fear or really cause the person to want to block low like byran, bob, and Alisa, for example. Good strategy I use is I mass most of the damage from Kuni and play safe clean up Alisa. iwr2 LOL ahh so good. You can hear them on there mics cursing haha. Rage with Alisa is amazing that is all.

Finnally Lars, Alisa
Now I eventually got fed up with kind of spammy people. By Spammy I dont mean people pressing random buttons I mean people who are trying to play safe and poke with alot of safe mids. Lars has kind of the steve b+1 effect you can't go to crazy or expect a reckoning. out of all the teams I played I never really had great taggable launchers. Initially it never seemed like such a big deal. But honestly I always wanted to play lars I just did not think I had to the execution to do so. But after playing many hours just practicing to try to get singular combos down. I'm starting to get it slowly. Its a completely different type of person really. His execution seems hard to me because of his inputs however it is getting better. I like his damage and I love the fact that basically anytime I want I can choose to take red life. His taggable launchers are very viable and have good risk reward. I'm completely going to play this team and this team only. Its hard jumping out there to something completely foreign but the transition will be less painful because we have a excellent repository of already setup combos . I am slowly making progress. I genuinely have a love for this team. when i'm sleeping i'm thinking about things I want to practice for the next day. I think that is when you found the team your suppose to play when you only see things you need to improve and what to do. Then I suppose after you iron things out you work on situational and special conditions.

bonus

Originally posted by EndTimes
currently thinking about bob, Forest m Bryan and nina still deciding

LOL me thinking I was only going to try 1 person.

Last edited by EndTimes on Dec 15th, 2012 at 09:30

angelo-armas
1st Dan
PSN: jigTK
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
My first team is Lee/Alisa
Lee was my main and when I learned about TTT2, I was desperate to find a tag partner for Lee. I picked Alisa because she is easy to control and very spammable. I decided to change Alisa because I kept losing due to my spammable tactics

I went solo with Alisa and found a new tag partner for Lee (Asuka), I never really used Alisa that time because I was focusing on my main tag team

When I had the console version, I decided to find a second team, Jun/Feng were my first bet but it didn't work out so I used Alisa again. My friend uses Ganryu and I really liked Ganryu's gameplay except his speed but it didn't matter anyway so I practiced Alisa and Ganryu's solo combos and tag combos thus my second team has formed
Signature TTT2 Teams
Main:
Sub:
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I use Christie as my main and Alisa.

No reason other than they are my best individual characters.
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I Use Lars Jun Kazuya Jin Heihachi.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
Obscurism
Raijin
PSN: Obscure_Darkness
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Alisa and Bruce all day. Since their play styles are totally different I can keep the opponent guessing.
Signature Ban EWGF.
Team "Next Generation"

I just Obscure'd all over the place.