Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So, I don't really understand the allegiance chart but I'm basing my ideas off of chars I like and are comfortable with, maybe you guys can help me decide:

Bryan
Alisa (I'm the most familiar w/her)
Jack-6/Prototype Jack
Ogre/A. Ogre (when he's allowed in tourneys)
Nina
Ganryu

Thanks
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd probably say Bryan, Nina, or Ogre (from that list), but since you're most familiar with Alisa, you'd probably be best off (temporarily) using her.

Since there really is no Q&A thread, I'll actually be merging this thread into a newly created one.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
tyler2k
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd probably say Bryan, Nina, or Ogre (from that list), but since you're most familiar with Alisa, you'd probably be best off (temporarily) using her.

Since there really is no Q&A thread, I'll actually be merging this thread into a newly created one.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
tyler2k
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Seems like the forums are having a little trouble right now, but here's a QnA thread for the future.
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ROYALEFATALE
how do you guarantee the air slam during fly? the command says 1,1,2 + 2 mid hit i think but it's really random for me, i'm pressing the same sequence and sometimes he'll do the third hit and sometimes he'll do the air grab, is it a timing thing?
I can't get that to come out at all, pretty frustrating but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
for the air throw you have to press 2 at the exact time as it hits. so its fly 1,1,2:2 so when the 2 hits you have to press 2 again does that make sense?

how would you guys describe his play style? or rather how do you guys like to play him? aggressively? defensively? poker? lock down? im just trying to get a feel for how to handle him.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Nori: play Ganny. He's good and deserves a bigger fanbase.
WIK: up to now I've been playing him defensively mostly spacing for whiffs and punishment. I'm looking for that distance where I'm pretty safe but from where I can land a df1+2. My experience for now is that I'm usually a bit too far to hit df1+2.
Signature s3:
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
This character is a moving wall.

Terrible backdash, Godlike punishment, solid damage, strong pokes.
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
desariel
6th Dan
PSN: desariel
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
can someone please tell me the right input for the air slam, its totally random. sometime it makes the third hit sometimes the throw. pressing 2 when the 2 hits is too late .

very frustating move indeed. more help here?
kaworuscott
1st Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Does d/f1+2, u/b1~5 no longer work?
tyler2k
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nori
I can't get that to come out at all, pretty frustrating but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong

FLY 1,1,2:2 timing is strict, basically you have to hit the second 2 right as the last attack hits. But like JF demoman, you just need to learn the timing. Also remember that you need to input FLY commands immediately, so it's closer to FLY 1,1,2,<2. This might be hard to explain but the timing is 1,bop,1,bop,2,BAM,2

Originally posted by ROYALEFATALE
ps. what are some of Jinpachi's fastest moves? or does he have anything that involves a sidestep? getting poked out of a lot of his stuff it seems

Jinpachi's fastest attacks would be his i10s, so 1,2 and 2,2. He has SS+2,1 which is NC KND/W!, launch punishable on block, but SS+2 is a -13 NH KND/W! as well, so it's decently strong near the wall. You're probably getting poked out his stuff because you're attacking at negative frames where you might think you're normally +frames. A few good examples would be d/b+2,1, d/b+4, or pretty much any attack where Jinpachi does not KND the opponent, statistically he's at negative frames.

Originally posted by kaworuscott

I don't think that ever worked, but if it did, it definitely doesn't work now.
Blasianlion
2nd Dan
PSN: Blasianlion
XBL: N/A
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Question to Tyler:

Once I understand a bit more with jinpachi, I wish to make a full guide on the jinpachi and wang team. If I make it, pending correct information may it go up? Also a couple of things:

What's the best use of d+1+2? it's a 66 frame ground hit move, but a bit to slow to be used as such. It gives +3 on block, so would it be best to sidestep after?

Also, what's the frame data on the 2,1 in: f+2,1(1+2)? It's not in the Tekken guide.
Signature Panda/Kuma may struggle this time in TTT2, but Jinpachi and Wang will pick up the slack.

Blasianlion
2nd Dan
PSN: Blasianlion
XBL: N/A
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
More questions:

After low parry, what's jinpachis best combo after? So far i've just been doing:

[low parry] df+1,1, f+2,1,1+2 for 35 DMG
[low parry] df+1,1, df+3,1 for 27 DMG and oki
Signature Panda/Kuma may struggle this time in TTT2, but Jinpachi and Wang will pick up the slack.

tyler2k
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blasianlion
Once I understand a bit more with jinpachi, I wish to make a full guide on the jinpachi and wang team. If I make it, pending correct information may it go up? Also a couple of things:

What's the best use of d+1+2? it's a 66 frame ground hit move, but a bit to slow to be used as such. It gives +3 on block, so would it be best to sidestep after?

Also, what's the frame data on the 2,1 in: f+2,1(1+2)? It's not in the Tekken guide.

Sure, I wasn't a mod when I made the Dragunov guide

I'm not sure about d+1+2, it seems to be best suited for the wall just outside of wakeup kick range. I think it has some tracking as well, making it a decent option, but yes, it's very slow to be used constantly. I would probably go for either 1,b+2 or standing 4, although you may trade on the standing 4.

f+2,1 according to Ina is -9/+1/+1. The nice thing is f+2,1 is safe and you can CH confirm CH (f+2),1,1+2.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Is anyone else having a hard time landing that little grab/punch thing at the end of

u/b+1,2~f,1,1,2, 2 (grab here)

I did it like 3 times in a row when I first saw it on the command list. NOW I CAN'T DO IT AT ALL!!!

Edit: nvm...strict timing..yadda yadda
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
So I've decided to try out a Jinpachi/Feng team, and I've found the first part of a combo I think has potential, but don't know how to finish it...

Currently I have (feng on point):
f+4~5 d+1~5 QCF+2 (this makes it so it's like a regular juggle and they're not upside down) f+3. ff+1+2

I think it looks cool but the damage is suckish... so can anyone give me some suggestions on how to finish the combo?
Signature /

"Africa, where food is scarce. Africa, where people are thin. Balumbo Shamanaka, Balumbo Shamanaka."
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I note that FLY 112:2 is being questioned extensively above so I want to lay it to rest before this thread gets clogged (which it will).
After some thorough testing on a CRT setup, hit :2 the moment before the third hit connects, like a frame earlier or so.
Judging by my consistency I would guess its not a 1 frame window, but I'll test on a P stick at some point.
Signature Dorya!
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kaworuscott

d/f+1+2, d+1, B!, u/b+1,2~f, FLY 1,1,2:2
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Syn_SC
I note that FLY 112:2 is being questioned extensively above so I want to lay it to rest before this thread gets clogged (which it will).
After some thorough testing on a CRT setup, hit :2 the moment before the third hit connects, like a frame earlier or so.
Judging by my consistency I would guess its not a 1 frame window, but I'll test on a P stick at some point.

It's SO weird. When I first saw it in prac mode, I landed it about 3-5 times in a row and kept it moving. I had NO idea it was time sensitive. now that I'm actually trying it's just NOT happening. ugh!
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Really? I bought the game 3 hours ago and my consistency is around 80% in matches lol.
Comes from playing a JF heavy character in SCV I guess. =/

Not that it helps, I'm still a Tekken newbie, lol.
Signature Dorya!