< >
JMS
~.~.
PSN: JMS_
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
stuff you can try to improve your connection:

other things can affect your connection quality:

• old cables, connectors, or splitters
  • modem signal levels (changes to your cable package can affect these levels)
  • internet use on other devices tied to your network (e.g., netflix, downloading files)

click here for information on nat types

if you have connection troubles, it can take a lot of patience and testing to get things working. be sure to change one thing at a time, and test your connection again after every change. anyone is free to offer corrections to the above info.

after doing the above, if youre still having problems with dropped connections, contact your isp. they can probably see if your modems signal levels are out of optimal range over the phone; if they are, they may send someone to fix it by possibly replacing hardware, or by adding other components to amplify or dampen your signal. beyond that, you may need to switch isp, or relocate.

Last edited by JMS on Mar 6th, 2013 at 03:38

JIX9ISLER1986
Shihan
PSN: Jonathan_Isler_
XBL: Jonathan Isler
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Is anyone having any problems on PSN TTT2 . I cant seem to get in a room. Every time i get in a room it lags me out....this is reminding me of SCV online HELP !! This is nonsense is there a setting i need to change or something ???

What are your connection settings guys MTU NAT ect ???

Last edited by JIX9ISLER1986 on Sep 12th, 2012 at 04:26

Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I was having trouble with psn kicking me a lot. if you are using wireless, get a wired connection. restart your ps3 and see if it still gives u problems.

wrong forum, btw.
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
JIX9ISLER1986
Shihan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
I was having trouble with psn kicking me a lot. if you are using wireless, get a wired connection. restart your ps3 and see if it still gives u problems.

wrong forum, btw.

"wrong forum, btw. [/QUOTE] " i did not know

I am wired is there a setting on the XMB connection i have to change ? i never had this issue with T6 i did have this issue with SCV5 too and now TTT2
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
does your router have some sort of firewall or something ?...

do u know if u have ur ports open? ... check the stick by JMS at the top of this forum
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
JIX9ISLER1986
Shihan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
does your router have some sort of firewall or something ?...

do u know if u have ur ports open? ... check the stick by JMS at the top of this forum

How can i check if my ports are open ? im not sure is there somewhere on the XMB i should be looking to make changes ?

"check the stick by JMS at the top of this forum"
i will check
Osaka
Expert
PSN: Tsinogatna
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, It's been stated that TTT2's netcode is a modified version of SCV's if that's anything to go by. But It's also been stated that the online is smooth and great! So I'm not sure what's going on. :/ maybe too much of a mass of people going online at once? :/ mehh.. well then again.. Idk if the amount of activity online has any effect of other player's experience...
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
PSN: The__Challenger
XBL: CHALLENGER 1980
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
For those of you that have 360. Install the game if you have issues. This helped my friend out.
Signature "What strength!! But don't forget... There are many guys like you all over the world." -SF1
JIX9ISLER1986
Shihan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I think i fixed the problem i changed the MTU settings user Internet Connection settings on the XMB from 1500 to 576 that seemed to work im able to play for now
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JIX9ISLER1986
I think i fixed the problem i changed the MTU settings user Internet Connection settings on the XMB from 1500 to 576 that seemed to work im able to play for now
Set your MTU to "0" to have your device select best MTU for your internet connection.

Even when the recommended size is "1500" I'd however suggest you to set It to "0".
JIX9ISLER1986
Shihan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Set your MTU to "0" to have your device select best MTU for your internet connection.

Even when the recommended size is "1500" I'd however suggest you to set It to "0".

Trying day 2 and i cannot connect to a single game it was running fine last night at MTU 576
JIX9ISLER1986
Shihan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito

How on earth did you set it to zero ??? the numbers keep on recycling

This is frustrating
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
My router supports that.

If you use a ethernet wire then I don't know what could be screwing your internet..., you should check your ROUTER firewall settings (ip-flood specially, etc), turn UPNP off in case you got that shit on, do not forward any port and leave MTU size to 1500.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

JMS
~.~.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
thread merged. see updated first post of this thread, JIX9ISLER1986.
glee10
5th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JIX9ISLER1986
Is anyone having any problems on PSN TTT2 . I cant seem to get in a room. Every time i get in a room it lags me out....this is reminding me of SCV online HELP !! This is nonsense is there a setting i need to change or something ???

What are your connection settings guys MTU NAT ect ???

I was having a similar issue with my router. I fixed this by assigning myself a static ip then putting that ip address in the DMZ. DMZ IP addresses are not behind the firewall of protected by the router in any way. So be careful if you chose to do this.
AAK
Iron Fist God
PSN: AAK0924
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Just want to say thank you to JMS, this thread helped me drastically.
JMS
~.~.
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
np, aak. what did you do to improve your connection?
AAK
Iron Fist God
PSN: AAK0924
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, it didn't drastically change the online play all that much. First thing was that port forwarding helped me finally get player matches with a lot of people where I'd automatically get disconnects. And then MTU settings helped me get matches a little faster in Ranked. Before I had to way nearly 15 minutes to get a match.
Valkerion
Kyu
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Is anyone else having this problem:

I join or create a match, will have 5-4 bars in the menu, match starts and at random times the connection drops to 1 or 2 bars for about a half a second, lags, then is back to normal. It happens about once a round or every other round.

Tried resetting the router that the ps3 is wired to checking the cables ect, but really dont know why this is happening. The first game ive see this in.
No Mercy
2nd Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
The MTU value depends on your type of connection with ISP.
If you have aDSL, MTU should be at 1492
If you have cable, it should be set at 1500
If you have fiber, it should be at 1500 as well. (unless otherwise required by ISP)

Direct ethernet connection to modem is always the fastest way. Because you are directly on the Internet without the need for NAT on your router/firewall. But this way you cut the Internet for everyone else in the house. You might piss off GF or wife. Lol

In direct connection mode, you also want to make sure your modem is not acting as a gateway. But simply a modem mode which provides Internet connectivity. In other words, your modem should give your console a WAN IP address.

If you are on aDSL with direct connection from console to modem, your console should be doing the PPPoE connection request.

That will definitely help your online gaming experience.

If not, change ISP.