Zafina Combo Discussion

Page Splits 123>...11
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
S-square
7th Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Just thought of sharing some of the zafina combos in TTT2 for people to take a look at or for new comers to learn them .

1)Staple combos without TA!
Any 1hit launchers: df2, uf4, ws2, scr4~B, ws[1],2 , f3~B, ws3~B(? not sure if CH needed), db[4],2, etc (might have left some out sorry!)

(1), df1, df1, f2,3, SCR3+4 B!, df4, 1
(1), 1, uf1, f2,3, SCR3+4 B!, df4, 1
(1), df1, f2,3~B, 1+2 B!, (dash) 4, SCR4/~B
(1), f2,3~B, 1+2 B!, (dash) f2,3, SCR 3+4 (~D mnt, for people who like okizemi from mnt stance)

Some launchers that gives better recovery/launch high enough (such as df2, ws[1],2 (not very consistent), SCR4~B, db[4],2)

(1), uf1, df1, f2,3, SCR3+4 B!, df4, 1 (most damaging combo from df2 if I am not wrong)
(1), uf1, f2,3~B, 1+2 B!, 4, SCR4/~B

*for combos for ws1,2 where both hits, just take away 1 move before f2,3.

2) Low trip combos

SCR df3, ws4, df1, f2,3, SCR 3+4 B!, df4, 1
SCR df4(CH), df1, df1, f2,3, SCR 3+$ B!, df4, 1 (Needs confirmation, but should be doable)

For the following lows: db1+2, SCR df4~D MNT(CH), SCR df3~D MNT, D3~D MNT(CH), SCR [3,3],4~D MNT, MNT 3(CH)
(2) --> Trip move that ends in MNT stance, so all the following combos will be done in MNT.

(2), d3,1, d1,4

*if d3,1 CH or d[3],1 hits, you can do d3,1, d3,1, d1,4
*Instead of d1,4 you can do 4,3 instead to remain in MNT

3) CH combos without TA! (for these moves on CH: 1+2, ff3~B, [2],1)
(3) --> Combo starter/launcher

(3), df1, df1, f2,3, SCR3+4 B!, df4, 1
(3), f2,3~B, 1+2 B!, (dash) f2,3, SCR 3+4 (~D mnt, for people who like okizemi from mnt stance)
(3), df1, f2,3~B, 1+2 B!, (dash) 4, SCR4/~B

*For moves with B!, ff3 can be used after B! instead for good okizemi.
*df1,3 or f2,3~B can be used for a better wall carry but lesser dmg than df4,1
*These are most of the staple combos I can think of, some small moves can be changed here and there but I chose to use df1 for the filler on most part is because sometimes the launch might be slightly off axis and df1 catches them the most consistently, even if they were launched from behind.

4) Wall Combo without TA!:

W! 1+2 B!, uf1, df1,2,1
W! ff3~B B!, uf1, df1,2,1
W! SCR 3+4 B!, df1, df1,2,1 (Or for post-bound W! that is slightly low)
W! B!, f2,3, SCR4
W! B!, f2,3, SCR3 (allows for SCR1+2 for good damage on hit or good frames on block)

*For post-bound W!, the same moves can be done, just without the B! moves.
*The last hit of df1,2,1 can be delayed slightly for "ground dmg" which does more

5)For TA!, it can get really messy so you can be creative depending on which character you pair up Zaf with.
But if Zaf is acting as a TA! filler: (MNT = manually going into mantis by doing D3+4)

B!~5, ws1,2, (Main) --> +ve: Flings opponents quite high for Main to finish, -ve: Low dmg
B!~5, MNT, d1,4, (Main) --> +ve: Good dmg, -ve: Hard to connect on longer combos, low toss
B!~5, MNT, d3,1, d1,4, (Main) --> +ve: Good dmg, Many hits, -ve: Only usable on early B!, leaves behind a lot of red life
B!~5, ff3+4, (Main) --> +ve: Very Good Dmg, -ve: Not many characters can connect after zaf doing this
B!~5, 2,2,1+2 (Main) ---> +ve: Good dmg, Many hits, Spikes for ground dmg by Main, -ve: Only works with semi-short combos

The combo most people use if they plan on doing TA! with Zaf as a main is:

Launch, df1, f2,3~B, 1+2 B!~5, up to 3hit filler, (Zaf) ff3+4
Launch, uf1, f2,3~B, 1+2 B!~5, up to 3hit filler, (Zaf) ff3+4

*For characters who can fling the character back to zaf like yoshimitsu's 4~3 or Lars's move that goes under your opponent and then hitting them back towards your main (im sorry I don't know the notations), Zaf can do 2,1,3 as an ender for good damage and okizemi.

6) TA! at wall. (Im not too good with this one, and same as above, you can get creative with different characters)
Generally, when zafina is my main
For fillers with 3 hits, I end with df1,2,1 (can be delayed for more dmg).
For fillers with 4 hits, I end with df1,2,1 (no delay or it will whiff)
For fillers with 2 hits that have a long animation between the 1st and 2nd hit, I saw someone do this: ws3, SCR4 (Big dmg but only works for certain fillers which have a delay between the hits, like alisa's B3+4, 3+4)

For Zafina as a filler:
B!~5, 3~db, df 1,2,1 (Thx Chaoz for the info )
B!~5, df1,2,1
B!~5, B4,4
B!~5, 2,2,1+2

Well, I hope this helps Sorry if I have some errors here and there, do tell me about it and I will try to edit it. PS: I have no idea where to see if i have gotten pms so I am sorry if I don't read them.

Updates:

From SCR df3, there is a combo which I managed to test after getting the game and asking other members in the general discussion PS: This combo is very range dependent, so the SCR df3 has to hit really close else the ws3 will whiff.

SCR df3, ws3, SCR 1+2 B!......dmg 55

This combo does insane dmg if your partner character has moves that do 3hits (at least) or more (max of 5/6).

Here is an example with me using zaf/nina

SCR df3, ws3, SCR 1+2~5 B!, TA! df3,2~ss1~f4,2 (i.e qcf 4,2), (zaf) ff 3+4
if I rmb correctly, this did around 99 dmg and my nina's TA didnt even have a spark, so get creative.

New Zaf TA!:
df 1,4,2 (3 hit TA for partners who have early bounds like nina uf 2,1)

New update 2:

From playing online, I have seen some people use this as a TA in open fields and I also think it will work with certain partners at the wall if zaf is the ender.

ws3, SCR4~B (At the wall as an ender, you can choose to not do ~B and stay in SCR)

Also, I found out about this new ender to use at the wall AFTER you use TA! at the wall.

3, SCR4 (similar to ws3, SCR4 but more consistent) and 3, SCR3 (which allows for the use of SCR1+2, similar situation which f2,3, SCR3 puts zafina in).

And lastly, when using the generic 5 hit B! combo (df2, uf1, f2,3~B, 1+2~5 B!TA!), if your partner only has a 2 hit TA which tosses the opp relatively high in the air (like yos b2,1 or lili b1,4?), you can run up and do this ender.

2,1,3 (to stay in MNT after doing the 3) or even 2,1,3~D (to cancel the last hit and go into MNT and if I am not wrong, the 1 spikes the enemy and thus allows for good okizemi in MNT)

UPDATE!

This link is to the post with lili/zaf combos
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...320#post4568320

On page 3 there are some zaf/chreddy combos too. Both by Pristine

Last edited by S-square on Oct 20th, 2012 at 18:19

Rezz
Dragon Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Amazing post square. Thanks for this.
Signature
Chaoz
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Chaoz83
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
B!~5, db3, ~b, df 1,2,1 (Im sorry but im not too sure about the exact notation of this, do correct me)
---------
This will be on the wall, and its 3~db, df 1,2,1

Signature : Keep guessing...
: Air Time Baby!!
Not_Available
Master
PSN: Mc_T-W-A-T-T
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Do any of you know how many hits maximum before MNT d+3,1 d+1,4 will stop connecting as a TA filler?
S-square
7th Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I would think not more than 4? I think 3 hits is the safest. i.e. launch, hit, hit B!~5, (zaf),.....

@Chaoz: Thx for the correction
@Rezz: Welcome and glad its of some help
Chaoz
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Chaoz83
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
few more corrections
(MNT = manually going into mantis by doing 3+4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(MNT = manually going into mantis by doing d+3+4)

3+4 is SCR

Signature : Keep guessing...
: Air Time Baby!!
S-square
7th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I knew something was funny! Hahah I couldnt rmb right away if it was D3+4 or 3+4 hahha. Thank you
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for this S-square! I don't have much variations on Zaf combos

btw I either use that MNT d+14 or df+142 as TA fillers.
S-square
7th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Welcome . Thats a good idea for a 3 hit TA, I havent thought of using df1,4,2. Its sad though, with nina zafina aint have much TA's that can work since nina's combos are angle dependent and long.

Check out the post for some new updates
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Checked it out. Thanks! I appreciate your post!

Hmm.. haven't used Nina though but my brother uses her. I partner Zaf on either Bryan or Law. that df+1,4,2 is applicable on Bryan's normal-not-so-long-combo-before-bound. Plus, it's also a wall carry!
Eternal Blaze
2nd Dan
PSN: BlazeSRK
XBL: BlazeSRK
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome thread, thanks for this

Is this gonna stay universal or are there plans to add max damage/max wallcarry/etc combos with certain pairings and whatnot?
Signature Zafina, Anna / Vega, Juri / Potemkin, Axl / Shadow Labrys, Kanji
Ralf | King | Vice // PainWheel | Cerebella | Parasoul // Spencer | X-23 | Vergil
Bad At Tekken
Champion
PSN: Sir_Acolyte
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm probably going to seem really dumb for asking but what do you mean by (dash)?
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
TA! filler for Zaf if near to a wall:
MNT d+3,1, d+3,1, d+1,4

Also, if Zaf on ender, try:
d+2,3 MNT <--- saw this done to me by AI..

@Bad At Tekken:
it means go forward (ff)
S-square
7th Dan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
@Eternal Blaze: Welcome . But I think it is out of my abilities to do it with different pairings. Haha. I must admit I am too lazy to do that. As for damages, I might update it if I have the time to, since its gonna require a lot of testing in practice mode and then editing the post itself. But you could drop by the general discussion and ask about certain pairings/combos or even do it here, someone will help you out if they can I believe .

@Bad At Tekken (I believe you aren't gonna be for long): It means a small dash is required for the combo to be consistent. To dash you do ff as farmboyfan has said.

@Farmboyfan: I dun think the MNT d3,1, d3,1 d1,4 will be something that is a staple though. From my experience, the 2nd d3,1 will not connect unless the "1" hits when the opp is W!, but if so, the d1,4 shouldnt be able to connect too. Unless this is done in an angle that allows it to be more consistent? As for d2,3 as an ender....sounds good, since it gets you into stance and if I am not wrong also spikes the opp to the ground.

New update again from me playing around for a bit, check it out
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S-square
@Eternal Blaze: Welcome . But I think it is out of my abilities to do it with different pairings. Haha. I must admit I am too lazy to do that. As for damages, I might update it if I have the time to, since its gonna require a lot of testing in practice mode and then editing the post itself. But you could drop by the general discussion and ask about certain pairings/combos or even do it here, someone will help you out if they can I believe .

@Bad At Tekken (I believe you aren't gonna be for long): It means a small dash is required for the combo to be consistent. To dash you do ff as farmboyfan has said.

@Farmboyfan: I dun think the MNT d3,1, d3,1 d1,4 will be something that is a staple though. From my experience, the 2nd d3,1 will not connect unless the "1" hits when the opp is W!, but if so, the d1,4 shouldnt be able to connect too. Unless this is done in an angle that allows it to be more consistent? As for d2,3 as an ender....sounds good, since it gets you into stance and if I am not wrong also spikes the opp to the ground.

New update again from me playing around for a bit, check it out

Hmm.. I do agree that an extra d+3,1 in the sequence is not consistent and might only connect w/ the right angle. I'll try again this weekend

Edit:
Thanks for the updates! I only used that 3~SCR4 on after bound.. I didn't realise I can also do that as TA 'til you mentioned it. Thanks again!
S-square
7th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry if I confused you, the 3, SCR4 is to be used as an ender, that means zafina is the main and her partner does the TA! move. But you can also use it as a TA!, but you will have to do 3, SCR4~B, else zafina will stay on the map and not leave.
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
@S-square: got it. you're right. Your distance to the wall should be close enough that the 2nd d+3,1 hits the wall and close enough to connect d+1,4. This should be done on early bound (launch then bound). Though the d+1,4 launches the opponent such way that your ender should start on low.. I'll try to post a video and see what you guys think.. Not a good offense though.. hit-or-miss.. but possible

Edit:

http://youtu.be/f-B5FIXgHY0

Last edited by farmboyfan on Sep 19th, 2012 at 03:33

S-square
7th Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea, the video shows what I mean, the distance has to be exact, and even if it did connect, it shortens the wall combo by alot, as can be seen from bryan's ws3,4 last hit whiffing.
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S-square
Yea, the video shows what I mean, the distance has to be exact, and even if it did connect, it shortens the wall combo by alot, as can be seen from bryan's ws3,4 last hit whiffing.

Yeah just need to find a move quick enough to pick up or just do the ws+3.. But for sure not likely to happen in battle

Been watching some videos and found a 1,2,3~db, df+1,2,1 TA filler on Zaf.. useful on walls but i think quite difficult (for me.. slow reflexes..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgazndMDO84

the player uses anna/zaf btw.
Gojira
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't see this one:
f+3 SCR f, 3+4 B!

In case you find yourself hitting f+3 on someone for some reason
Signature ipclheaansgeesdtmoypstirgyfionrgstoomreeraedatshoins..