[TAG Discussion] Team up! we cant win by ourself

Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kiwi
Shihan
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
yo im having doubts about leo being a good partner. she seems to me more like a whiff punisher type. Her poking is horrible.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't even want your opinions on other characters.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
was trying lei with feng. im not good with lei but it seems as though lei seems better playing solo imo.

even the throws feng's df+1+2~5 or lei's uf+1+2~5 (which remove red bar) isn't always that beneficial because you lose the oki afterwards.
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

Mad Daimond
7th Dan
PSN: MadDaimond
XBL: Mad Daimond
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
What about this teams - Feng-Bob, Feng-Ganryu or Feng-Lars? Good or bad?
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
I pick Bob as my tag partner, because he's more damaging and had better poke tools.
I dont know about Gannny.
But Lars is always a strong character. if his style suits you, then you could pick Lars.
Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
Kiwi
Shihan
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
No offense to Hao, but feng + Jin dont really work in my opinion.

You need a lot of skill to cover those shortcomings. And imo if he didnt use Jin, I reckon he be Tekkengod by now.

feng and jin dont really have any penalties but they dont really have any synergies either. A few of those combos deal great damage. But a lot of Fengs single combos still deal shitty damage compared to the other characters.

In fact, this is probably by far still Fengs biggest problem. Some of his T6 combos are so gimped in terms of damage, it takes maybe 20% of the life bar (around 50-60 damage).

the good news is, with the right partner, you dont have to use those combos anymore.

with the right partner, fengs juggles become juggles on steroids.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiwi
Awesomeness

Holy shit you said something I agree with 100%.

I've never felt like those two had great synergy from the start.

Have any of you tried picking up Jinpachi? It's so weird. I feel like Feng and Jinpachi are the same thing fundementally. They work so pretty well together combo wise. I still have a lot of things to figure out.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
wooden-man
Fujin
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Jinpachi is cool, love his 14f df2, he is one of the characters in the game that has no execution barrier.
And if anyone wants to pick up a quick partner then consider these characters that has no or low execution barrier especially in juggle.
I'm not saying they will be easy to learn, but u sure have one less issue to overcome and u minimize screw up due to bad execution.
Signature demotion risk

UndeadEwok
5th Dan
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you guys feel about feng/leo comp. i've been messing around with them and seems like some good cohesion. thoughts?!
Mr. ZugZug
2nd Dan
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
My main team is Hei/Feng. If you tag in Feng off of a EWGF you can get some really stupid wall carry combos in part to Hei's hell sweeps. Any thoughts, questions, or comments on the team?
SonicFrames
Kyu
PSN: sonicframes
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr. ZugZug
My main team is Hei/Feng. If you tag in Feng off of a EWGF you can get some really stupid wall carry combos in part to Hei's hell sweeps. Any thoughts, questions, or comments on the team?

I've been experimenting with that team as well. Hei's db+2, EWGF, and various other tools seem to work well with Feng's mixups and gimmicks. Considering the fact that I play Hei rather aggressively, it looks like a fine team.

On another note, I've also been trying out Feng/F. Law. Any thoughts on this team? It seems to me that the team's dmg output on the wall is low...? Any comments would be appreciated.
Signature Sonic Fang for life? Heh...we'll see.

"Snake...we're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing...the only thing I was good at. But at least I fought for what I believed in." --Grey Fox (MGS1)
KingTUTTUT
Warrior
PSN: TuT--TuT
XBL: TuTu
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo bruhs i havent played TTT2U much ao i gotta catch up who is the strongest team
I tried wang for a lil but it would be nice to get alot of big dmg on most combos no haha
any ideas thx bruhs
Signature Bruh seriously no !!!
brokenglass
2nd Dan
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
I know that the discussion was a while ago but I was wondering why it's believed that Feng/Jin have no synergy? I'm mainly curious since I'm having a character crisis right now with my Feng's partner and Jin was on the list of characters I felt like trying out.
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys,
i cant help myself but wondering, why do you guys keep thinking that there is an ultimate partner for any certain character. IMO, every team will be based on you own gameplay. which one that suits you best, which one that exploit your true potential.
well, ok, Feng has certain unique style that perhaps will helps others in a specific department, or vice versa, whereas other character will make Feng looked better.
in example, when paired with Lars, Feng could easily dealt more damage from db+4.
db+4,2~1 B! Lars uf+3 Feng ff+4,3,b+1+2
its very easy since Lars uf+3 flipping the opponent from FDFA (face down feet away) into a FUFT (face down feet toward).
so youd have to make decisions for yourself, which partner suits your Feng best.

@ UndeadEwok
Feng/Leo has a good natural chemistry, since Leo is basically a female version of Feng.
a lot of Feng movelist looked a lot like Leo has.
And if youre looking for a good example of Feng/Leo pair, try searching youtube for Yuu's No Respect.

@Mr. ZugZug
Heihachi is very strong in TTT2. And yes his HS will deal a lot of damage in wall.
Feng and Hei will easily deal over 100 pts from any standing launcher.
Hei now is a very good friend for any other character

@SonicFrames
As for Law and Feng. Law is simply one of the easiest character in Tekken
he has great variation of tools that will surely help Feng, like poking tools. Feng poking tools is very limited
but keep in mind, Law has a very low damage input, and so does Feng
so you might wanna play oki hunting and laying set up more

@KingTUTTUT
Wang however, deal more damage than Feng. So you might want to utilize Wang for dealing damage, while using Feng to play cat and mouse. And Wang's WM (Waning Moon) could easily connect with Feng f3,4. Huge huge damage from one single failed escaping throw

@brokenglass
you surely has seeing Korean Hao in action right?
and if you like to play turtling, then Jin will suit your Feng like a gloves.
They both has a lot of poke tools that safe. Same as Feng.
And since they both has similar attacking distance, attack pattern and unsafe lows.
you will find that you'll be using Feng the same style as you using Feng.
Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
Vash1422
Master
PSN: Vash1422
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by brokenglass
I know that the discussion was a while ago but I was wondering why it's believed that Feng/Jin have no synergy? I'm mainly curious since I'm having a character crisis right now with my Feng's partner and Jin was on the list of characters I felt like trying out.

I don't know why anyone would say Jin isn't a good match. The way I think teams should be judged is simply on how they can maximize each others juggles, their red life capabilities, and special tag throws. Other than those three things, no matter who you have teamed, it's just going to be your individual skill at playing those two characters. As adipati said, Hao is currently one of the only true Tekken gods in Korea, and he plays Feng/Jin. Jin is a fairly good partner for Feng as he can extend his TA to do more damage from things like Feng's db+4. Though I have to disagree with adipati on there being no perfect team for a character. it really does come down to which characters you are best with, however, that doesn't mean that certain characters don't work perfectly together. Feng/Leo is quite possibly the best team for each other, every juggle is maximized, red life potential is great, and they have a special tag throw. Though you shouldn't base your team around who is best together, just find who you are best with/enjoy the most and find the best options for them.
Donpiff
Kyu
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Im trying to find tag filler for Feng/ Kuni. Kunimitsu's combos are so long F3, 4 whiffs after TA!. FF4,3 whiffs also. Anyone know good tag fillers for Feng?
twistedsenses25
2nd Dan
PSN: twistedsenseless
XBL: twistedsenses25
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Donpiff
Im trying to find tag filler for Feng/ Kuni. Kunimitsu's combos are so long F3, 4 whiffs after TA!. FF4,3 whiffs also. Anyone know good tag fillers for Feng?

I just picked up that team today actually. I haven't found any filler, but honestly, Kunimitsu's combos ending with that izuna drop typically do enough damage to rival any TA! you could do. I'd save it for when you are at the wall if anything, unless you are trying to end in something that would allow Kunimitsu to stay in the opponent's face for a mixup immediately.

That said, I'm looking for the same, TA! filler for both of them to amp up Feng's damage.

I swear, the two of them seem to have fairly decent synergy, and devastating red-life combos for his tag bufferable moves.
Signature