TTT2u and Soul Calibur 5 Make it to SBO

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
aris
The Beard Signal
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
For those of you who don't know, SBO is Japan's equivalent to Evolution. However, up until this year SBO (Tougeki) has strictly included arcade games only. It has just been announced that both Soul Calibur 5 and TTT2u will be at SBO this year. This is bitter sweet news to me. On the one hand it ads legitimacy to SC5, but on the other, it's a sign that arcades are struggling all over the world. I'd like to focus on the positive here and hope that now that SBO is acknowledging SC5, the game will be taken more seriously world wide. Furthermore, there are a total of three 3D fighting games in the lineup this year. SC5, VF5 and TTT2u at one tournament? Sick! The full list of games can be found below.
aris
The Beard Signal
DrBhup666
Deity
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
ok, first of all, isn't SCV in the arcades? Like, at all?? How did they manage to balance that game this good then?? Also it has almost no bugs, glitches or infinets.

Secondly, are arcades struggling in Japan as well?? How is that possible?? Gaming culture and arcades have strong roots in Japan. Are the consoles killing the arcades over there too?
LockDeltz
7th Dan
PSN: LockDeltz
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
ok, first of all, isn't SCV in the arcades? Like, at all?? How did they manage to balance that game this good then?? Also it has almost no bugs, glitches or infinets.

Secondly, are arcades struggling in Japan as well?? How is that possible?? Gaming culture and arcades have strong roots in Japan. Are the consoles killing the arcades over there too?

I wouldn't say console gaming has killed off arcades, especially since the price of home gaming is outrageous. I mean were talking about $60 video games. If consoles were to kill off arcades, the manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft, Namco, etc) would have to lower their prices significantly.

As of now arcades are still considerably cheaper.

Last edited by LockDeltz on Apr 27th, 2012 at 04:35

kwelts
Dragon Lord
PSN: kwelts
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
do you know how much money it takes to train at an arcade? i'd say a $60 dollar purchase is way cheaper in the long term.
Signature Can you hook me up with Video Game Design contacts? Looking for an internship.

bojack13
5th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Since Nightmare will no doubt be one of characters in the final SC5 match, I wonder who the other one will be between Mitsurugi or Siegfried?
Signature

Always rooting for Christie and other low tiers!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
This is good to hear!
The Troll
6th Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah death to 2D fighters! And those lousy arcades! Online FTW
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
How is including one console game a sign of the entire global arcade market? They could have easily not have added the game.
EddieRang
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
It's hard to get excited over TTT2:U when us US players don't have access to it.
Signature Eddierizzle representin H-town, TX

,, and Player
Jap Stick Hustla
lanshan75
Kyu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello,everybody,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.