Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
aris
The Beard Signal
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
VideoGamer has posted some details on TTT2's new "Fight Lab" mode. It is apparently a new mode to teach new players and veterans the basics of the game. I hope this doesn't take the place of a simple record function in practice mode. Details below.
aris
The Beard Signal
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL Combot in ranked...

Most broken character in the history of Tekken. But I'm sure they'll find a way to make this work, 5 months is a long time when you're not working on Scenario Campaign

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Guc edited my signature, and I can do nothing abou- I HAVE RETURNED!!!
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#4 “Quote” Edit Post

You'll be able to pit your customised Combot against other players online. "Currently we hope to be able to use them in Arcade mode and online play," says Harada. "Obviously there's a problem with ranked matches, but other than that we hope to have other modes available."

I hope I can disable that if I host a room. I'm sure we'll be able to, I just hope they didn't miss out on that simple detail.

So far it's nice, but according to the description, it's definitely missing:
1. Getting off the ground.
2. Movement. They have side step, but not back dash cancels.
3. Block punishment and any combination of the above. Including mixups while getting off the ground.
4. Whiff punishment and any combination of the above.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
AZYG4LYFE
Special Mallet
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I like where it's going, but I'm not 100% sure, would be great to categories the mode on different levels of difficulty.

Use of combot online, just have a separate mode for that, unranked and just for fun, though I'll know for sure some will take it very seriously and debate and stuff...online that is.

There was a special survival mode which was meant to make players rely on spacing and block punishment, all throw attempts the cpu broke 100% of the time so it would disncourage 'cheap' play, this was on tekken 3D prime edition, which was a bitch to complete, but do able,. If they have a mode similar to that on the console version of TTT2 that will be great.

Ahh yes, throw breaking mode for combot too, should be there.

AZ
Signature #CKT
360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th)
Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd)
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
GrandKitaro777
"Ra"
PSN: GrandKintaro777
XBL: Passing the Salt
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
I hope I can disable that if I host a room. I'm sure we'll be able to, I just hope they didn't miss out on that simple detail.

3. Block punishment and any combination of the above. Including mixups while getting off the ground.

I'm glad that harada didn't spell out the whole game to noobs. Let them use their heads and figure on their own. Why should Harada hold their hands the whole game experience?

Signature Zafina, Steve, Kazuya

Pixel
Xiaoyu & Raven
PSN: NinthPixel
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Looks like it may actually be fun, especially if there is online record keeping to compete with. It is hard to know how they could implement back dash canceling in the Lab. However, stair stepping (backdash, sidestep, backdash, sidestep) could be taught rather simply to those learning the game.
Signature I play on a Hit Box ( http://hitboxarcade.com )
I may be garbage, but I am the leakiest garbage you will ever take out to the dumpster.
darth612
7th Dan
PSN: darth621
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Another suggested idea is a Juggling tutorial where players must hit Gon up into the air and then keep him afloat with successive strikes. With each successful hit Gon expands like a beachball, until he eventually pops.

Signature [Alex][JayCee]
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
I'm glad that harada didn't spell out the whole game to noobs. Let them use their heads and figure on their own. Why should Harada hold their hands the whole game experience?

I want to bring up the average. The console game gives them no guidance. If new players learn how to get off the ground, back dash cancel, and whiff punish, the average new player gets a lot more potential. It's not like they're going to know what they're doing with all of these tools in real matches. It's not hand holding, it's showing them how to play Tekken properly, if they want to know. Just because I show a person how to side step and d/f+2 on one particular move in tutorial mode, doesn't mean they're going to suddenly be good at it in a real match. There is still a whole mountain of tedious training they're going to have to figure out on their own before competing with experienced players, but the basics of Tekken shouldn't be hidden.

Right now, there is no knowledge unless they google tekken, come here, sign up, ask questions, and eventually read the right guide or get good advice. There is a big gap in basic Tekken skills from what I've seen online or with scrubs and what I expect from decent Tekken players.

Originally posted by Pixel
Looks like it may actually be fun, especially if there is online record keeping to compete with. It is hard to know how they could implement back dash canceling in the Lab. However, stair stepping (backdash, sidestep, backdash, sidestep) could be taught rather simply to those learning the game.

Easily.
1. Teach them a back dash. Teach them to hold the second back or else they get launched, or the difference between b,b,n and b~B.
2. Teach them back dash whiff punishment.
3. Teach them back dash cancel. Teach them two back dash cancels, consecutively. Give them trophies.
4. Have them back dash cancel twice to get out of range of an attack/string. And maybe whiff punish. Give a few attacks/strings to try to avoid, easier/slow/short to harder/faster/longer.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I hope people realise how awesome this sounds

Combot, the Taskmaster of Tekken
Signature Perfect Input: S.M.P., tmd02, Eternal_EMZ, Orochimaru, A.X.L.(Kknator95), Mordrek
MatthiasVS
Kyu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
I want to bring up the average.

I totally agree with you. You are only as good as your competition as they say, and generally playing a random person in Tekken can be hit or miss skill-wise. I know back when I first started playing Tekken, I thought by learning my character's best launchers / highest damaging combos that I was going to be teh ish. A lot of people do this only to find out that spamming launchers or that badass 10 string they've been memorizing won't work against any decent player. They get frustrated and don't see any alternative options (namely the defensive ones). The game doesn't exemplify certain key mechanics to make them relevant to newer players. I hope all this is addressed with this new fight lab mode, and the skill base for the average player rises because of it.

Last edited by MatthiasVS on Apr 18th, 2012 at 12:53

3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
I hope people realise how awesome this sounds

Really though, I'm still smiling after hearing about this hours ago. People have been asking for this game ever since 4 and it's finally here. Not only that but it looks like it will have a good training system, potentially the best netcode, and no paid DLC.

You can decide if you hate it after it comes out but for now WE ARE TEKKEN!
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm definitely going to have a combot with EWGF and asuka's d+3+4. Ultra top-tier.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP

MCP once again doing us all a favour
DrBhup666
Deity
#15 “Quote” Edit Post

What are you, an idiot or something?? Of course we need to make more people learn and play Tekken at higher level. What's wrong with teaching newbies how to play Tekken properly?? Are you afraid of not having total n00bs to win against..?? Seems like that..
The Troll
6th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post

Er... because Tekken is the most difficult fighting game ever and 70% of the people you fight online are s**t?
-=StReeTz=-
-SKULLDUGGERY-
PSN: XxStReeTzxX
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Troll
Er... because Tekken is the most difficult fighting game ever and 70% of the people you fight online are s**t?

Correction: Er... because Tekken is the most difficult fighting game ever and 98.9% of the people you fight online are s**t?

I hardly ever find anyone decent to play against and when they are good you'll beat them and end their streak and then they'll kick you out.

-And that's the bottom line cause StReeTz said so...
Signature I hide behind sarcasm because you obviously didn't grasp the concept the last 4 times you changed my profile.
sahilmalhotra17
Virtuoso
PSN: grimmjowjammerj
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GrandKitaro777_

If this was posted for trolling purposes, good job I must say. Has all the makings of a classic.
If not I must respond that I returned to tekken after a 10 year break in january and would have loved to have all the features MCP mentions in the br practice mode. for ppl who only get decent matches about once a month, practice mode is the only thing available to try and improve. It needs to be as detailed as possible. Hope they didn't skimp on the record function.
harshakazama
Virtuoso
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Namco always suprises everyone with the final product
Signature
"Every Power has its Price,
Would you be able to Pay it ?"

"Let the Mayhem Begin......."
soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
EWGF - Kazuya
Devil Jin's SS+2
Jin's Shun Masatsu
Jin's CorpseThrust
Paul's Deathfist
Lars' u/f+3
Heihachi's d/f+1,2
Jin's f+4~d+1+2
Dragunov's iWR+2
King's air grabs
Steve's CH b+1~f+2 B!
Hwoarang's Sky Rocket
Baek's f,n,d,d/f+3
Bob's WS+2,1
Heihachi's f,n,d,d/f+4,4,4,1
Leo's f+1+2
Yoshimitsu's CH ff+2
Heihachi's qcf+1 grab
Asuka 1+2
Asuka UB

prepares to be banned using this character online
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?