Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
PSN: Xiang_Allard
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Been a while since our last podcast. Busy, busy, busy month, so it's been a little difficult to get schedules in line. But, at the height of the Evo season, what else is to be expected? That being said, might as well bring you someone special to apologize for the delay. I bet you want DJ Kor, don't you? Damn right you do. Talking Ganryu? Well, now ain't that something... You're welcome.
Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
GANRYU!!!

TZ thread: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...mp;pagenumber=1
VGF site: http://www.videogamingfederation.org/

BTW, I've been having some issues with the editor I have. There were some sound issues that I think I got all of, but if you notice something off, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP.

Last edited by Xiang on Apr 20th, 2012 at 07:23

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Good podcast as always.
AAK
Procrastekkenator
PSN: AAK0924
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
It's not everyday you get to hear strategies from a player of KOR's caliber. Great listen.
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Props for the podcast, I don't listen to them, but I had to skim through this one after I got a call at work from Lil Majin who listened to it in it's entirety.

It's great that Ganny got some exposure, but I'm going to be perfectly honest, we both got kinda sick to our stomachs. Real talk. Now I respect KOR, I fuck with him, he's always been cool people, he gave me some stuff in DR, when he actually played with the character and was one of THE BEST Gannys in the nation. But after that podcast, I heard too many inaccuracies, all of his moves weren't discussed and the properties thereof, setups, appropriate max dmg combos and followups, WALL JUICE???, omg set-ups, lockdown, or what to do against Ganryu, what's his weak side, which way to step, frames, various playstyles, etc. Simply, too much (A PLETHORA) was left out.

Off the top of the dome corrections:

First of all, clap (f+1+2) is 14 frames.

He does have a safe low. (FC d+1) Also ws+1+2, 1+2 is completely safe on block. Not d+1 punishable.

Wall juice discussion, except it wasn't any juice in the cup. AT ALL....

By the wall, d+1 nets a guaranteed combo: b+2, 1, ws+4. Nothing you can do about it.

Also against the wall, b+1, a true homing move along with u/f+2, (d/f+3 and clap track both directions but can be stepped) goes into guaranteed FULL string (b+1,1,1) which nets guaranteed combo: b+2,1 ws+4

From any pure wall-splat, he can always backdash 1,2 for resplat then a LATE ws+1+2, 1+2 to allow d/f+4, 1 into hundred hand splat.

Could go into WAAY more elaborate detail, but that just scratches the surface.

Old stuff in the Ganryu compilation thread wasn't even included and even it's missing things.

Again, KOR is my guy, but this is to be expected when you get a top player to do a podcast about a character that he hasn't played seriously for an entire duration of the installment. Hell, he prob felt he HAD to do it since nobody else stepped up with the character or even remember he exists. He's an excellent player so some basics were there, but terribly shallow overview of the character in general. It's no wonder the character is so underused and lacks adequate knowledge from the masses. The few Ganryu players, even myself, do NOT truly and fully understand the character and use him effectively to maximum potential.

It's just going to be another one of those things where people base the opinion of a character off tiers when even the tier paper is MISSING PAGES.

I'm not a podcast guy, I haven't won shit, but if there's anymore questions about the character or detail needed, feel free to post. No theory fighter. This is legit, apparent, OBVIOUS shit. Fat man shit.

Better yet, I'll just put on an exhibition at CEO. Fuck it.....

Last edited by FlyMikey on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 04:24

Signature Retired...........unless MMs.

Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I do want to say one thing: There's no need for you to have "won shit" in order to be a podcast guest. Big names are obviously who people want to hear from because they're familiar with them; however, if you know your shit... then you know your shit, plain and simple.

That being said, as I've mentioned many times before, I'd like to get one episode for every character in before we start doing repeats, but if you want me to add him to the list of characters we should redo, I can always do that. I think it'd be especially interesting to have a rebuttal of KOR.
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I feel you man. But I'm not trying to step on any toes. I just cringed when I heard some of the info, or lack thereof. And KOR prob never dug too deep with the OG fat guy in Tekken 6, so it was just dry basics and I just felt I had to make some clarifications.

It's just like here in Memphis, use Ganny and people say you just want to be cheap and prob squeeze an easy win. They know. Use Ganny anywhere else and people are like omg or give props for being "that guy". It's because there's ALOT of stuff man. Dude gets nasty. To this day it's puzzling why he just never got any true burn whatsoever and I just wasn't the calibur of player to make noise then.

But there's no need for a rebuttal unless you got alot of time lol. And if it isn't before console TTT2 drops, might as well wait until after he gets PROPERLY carressed in that game.

Tbh, if you did want to run another one, let Lil Majin do it. He's a scientist of both King and Ganryu, down to frames, max dmg, setups for every situation. It's bittersweet. Sucks for me fighting him, but I got a great deal of the stuff I use from him. Just developed my own style.

Actually, maybe let him and KOR do it together? That's only if you feel neccessary. It is for the relevance of the character. But no biggie to me.
Signature Retired...........unless MMs.

Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Honestly, I love me some Ganny. I think he's super solid, but you're right: No one thinks highly of him in T6. People only knew him in T5 because a bunch of top-level guys played him.

So, you bring up some interesting ideas. I'll write them down and, as you suggest, if Tag 2 hasn't dropped, we'll do another on him. If nothing else, I can at least get a head start on a schedule for the Tag 2 episodes.
TonyDmajer
3rd Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I have to agree with FlyMikey.

I have listened to most of your podcasts and after each one i felt like I knew alot more, but this time i dont feel smarter at all.
The only things that I can recall from this podcast are the notations from his juggles, some punishers and that df3 is a top low (and you didnt even say why).

You usually talk about how unsafe/advantageous most moves are - you couldve mentioned that df3 is +5 on hit and only -12 or that his 10frame headbut is -13 on block (I know you mentioned some frame data, but much less then in your other podcasts). Also you couldve talked about matchups (like you usually do) and like FlyMikey said its nice to know what to do against Ganryu.

Dont get me wrong - I really like and respect what you do -
Im trying to give some feedback becouse I like listening to your podcasts ... and eventhough this one was done with the last years Evo champ, it was IMO worse then your other ones (except for the one with Lars )
Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the feedback, and I appreciate the way in which you provided it. Seeing "omg u guyzr wrostevar!I!NI#NRER" doesn't do much for me, lol.

That being said, I thought we mentioned frames on df3, but I know KOR talked about its other attributes, like speed, range, and tracking. We should have done more about match-ups, that's for sure. I've already added it to the list of characters to redo, so we'll get it done one way or another, even if we don't get to him until his Tag2 version.