Hwoarang Jfsr Guide

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
KhronicKicks
Shihan
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 104
From: United States
XBL: The Kickb0xer
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Doing JFSR is impossible! It really bugs me. I can get one out of 50 tries.. This isn't as easy as doing a EWGF.. are there any tips so I can accurately perform it? :S

*******
3L1 here

I figured this topic would come up a lot so I stickied it. Kensjero also went ahead and did a very readable explanation of how to do it as well so I merged the two topics. Post all your JFSR related questions/comments here!

Last edited by 3L1 on Oct 30th, 2012 at 15:25

Signature GGnoRE
3L1
Moderator
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1028
From: Canada
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
It's slightly different then the EWGF. You need to tap f, n, d/f+4. The speed at which you do it doesn't matter so take it slow at first but make sure you hit the d/f and 4 at the exact same time.

When I was learning it I figured out that for whatever reason I always do left hand before right hand. Mentally I overcompensated and made sure I entered the 4 before I thought it was time to enter the d/f and that was what really broke it open for me. Turn on command history when you're practicing it to see what you did.
If you're getting a d/f+4 you did the 4 too late
if you're getting f,n,4 you did the 4 too early
if you're getting f+4 you missed the d
if you're getting d+4 you missed the f
Also it's easier to do it from RFF so maybe try it that way first?

There's a few tutorials out there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DPSiAHltg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iz7LsaiLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prC5rDKuZ_0

This thread is still very awesome
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...?threadid=96830
KhronicKicks
Shihan
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 104
From: United States
XBL: The Kickb0xer
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks Ill try this out
Signature GGnoRE
Toki
3rd Dan
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 32
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
How well does JFSR track? It's supposed to be an enhanced back kick like Baek and Jin's b+4 being a big launcher, JF and I want to use it in the same situations I use Baek and Jin's b+4 but it doesn't seem to track very well. JFSR seems to track better but only because it hits faster.
SSJ-Luffy
Lone Wolf
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 348
From: Germany
PSN: SSJ-Luffy
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 3L1
It's slightly different then the EWGF. You need to tap f, n, d/f+4. The speed at which you do it doesn't matter so take it slow at first but make sure you hit the d/f and 4 at the exact same time.

When I was learning it I figured out that for whatever reason I always do left hand before right hand. Mentally I overcompensated and made sure I entered the 4 before I thought it was time to enter the d/f and that was what really broke it open for me. Turn on command history when you're practicing it to see what you did.
If you're getting a d/f+4 you did the 4 too late
if you're getting f,n,4 you did the 4 too early
if you're getting f+4 you missed the d
if you're getting d+4 you missed the f
Also it's easier to do it from RFF so maybe try it that way first?

There's a few tutorials out there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DPSiAHltg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iz7LsaiLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prC5rDKuZ_0

This thread is still very awesome
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...?threadid=96830

I was always pressing directional button earlier then attack button, so I think it's a common mistake for everyone...
Our damn brains...
Signature Touhou addicted Tekken player.
TTT2 Mains: +
Subs: , , Leo, Ling, Angel, D-Jin
No Mercy
2nd Dan
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 21
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
You should start trying JFSR from RFF. It's much easier than LFF.
VISUAL KEI
4th Dan
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 41
From: USA California
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by No Mercy
You should start trying JFSR from RFF. It's much easier than LFF.


that kills the versatility of it, though
mr.fuddy-duddy
Berserker
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 416
From: Philippines
PSN: couchpotatojay
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by VISUAL KEI
that kills the versatility of it, though

Agreed.

But like what was said above, it is much easier from RFF. I don't know if it's just me... but I found it easier to learn to do when I'm on the P1 side. After I got the timing down, that's when I started doing it on the P2 side... but, hey! That's just me.
Signature MAIN:
IN-TRAINING: Baek, A. King, Michelle
Add me on PSN ;P
SSJ-Luffy
Lone Wolf
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 348
From: Germany
PSN: SSJ-Luffy
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mr.fuddy-duddy
Agreed.

But like what was said above, it is much easier from RFF. I don't know if it's just me... but I found it easier to learn to do when I'm on the P1 side. After I got the timing down, that's when I started doing it on the P2 side... but, hey! That's just me.
Well, it's definitely easier to do JFSR in RFF, so it's not just you. The timing isn't that strict in RFF, but RFF JFSR is slower than usual JFSR...
Signature Touhou addicted Tekken player.
TTT2 Mains: +
Subs: , , Leo, Ling, Angel, D-Jin
lespaulphoenix
4th Dan
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
From: USA California
PSN: LesPaulPhoenix
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm able to jfsr in RFF consistently, but not out of RFF. Is the timing different or am I just retarded?
Kensjero
2nd Dan
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
From: Netherlands
PSN: SteveFoxFighter
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
WeAreTEKKEN, mod from WTF, made this guide there, decided to post it here!
Mods feel free to edit etc.
made by me

JFSR GUIDE


Hey, since i made my Hwoarang combo thread, i have received ALOT of questions about JFSR. I explained it to some, tried to show some of them ingame, but 90% didn't succeed. Don't worry, its the 3rd hardest move in the game, along with Heihachi's OTFG. Surpassed by Bryans Taunt B4 and Taunt JU, and followed by jin's EWHF.

Well, a little introduction to JFSR.
Just Frame Sky Rocket, similar to Sky rocket, but with blue sparkles and VERY different!
The main reason why pro hwo's use JFSR is because its safe on block, one of the best whiff punishers ingame, and a deadly combo launcher.

Okay, the notation for JFSR is F,N, DF+4
The tricky part is DF+4 AT THE SAME FRAME!!
Mishima players have a main problem with the F,N,DF because they are used to Wavedashing, but we'll get there!

Okay, now we know what JFSR is, lets get started with mastering it.
First thing you want to do, is go to practice mode, and turn on your command history.

Go into RFF (3+4) and keep doing D+F+4 , you probably won't get it as the same frame so you'll get:
DF
---4

But that's okay!
Because in RFF u can smuggle an extra frame for the execution!
Now once u got used to that movement, tap F and then do that movement again right after it. Doesn't need to be turbo speed since its RFF, so u can slowly execute it!

This should be no problem, because its RFF, so JFSR is fairly easy.
You can do 1,2,4,2 JFSR to mic things up.
Or at W! B! RFF 3~4~f2,JFSR

BUT YOUR NOT THERE
Now learn it in your normal stance, LFF.
This, is VERY tricky, and quite hard to do in online battles as the pressure keeps stacking. The execution needs to be a frame more precisely.

In your command list, it needs to look like this:

F DF
---4

4 needs to be on the EXACT same frame as DF. Every player is used to input d,f,u,d faster, then the limb buttons, so this is a lot of practice. Specially for mishima players..

Also a note, u CAN'T Wavedash into JFSR, like you can Wavedash into a EWGF..
Once u mastered it on practice with a dummy, put the CPU in practice, on ultra hard.

Try to execute is as much as possible, after some time, you'll be decent with it, and you can TRY to execute it online, as its very different and hard!

Some JFSR mixups i use:
RFF B3 on CH causes your opponent to stun, JUST enough time for a JFSR, unfortunately, its in LFF so its ever HARDER!

After u hit 1,1 u have a good frame advantage, so u can pull of ur JFSR before your opponent tries to attack with his fastest attack! (doesn't work on Kunimitsu's ff4)

If your spacing, and your opponent Whiff's, JFSR for breakfast!

RFF ff4,3 <---- if your opponent blocks this, it leaves them in negative frame advantage, so u can JFSR them, but this, however is PRECISELY work, and like Taunt JU... so i recommend after that move, do 2,B4.

Last edited by Kensjero on Sep 26th, 2012 at 02:04

3L1
Moderator
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1028
From: Canada
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lespaulphoenix
I'm able to jfsr in RFF consistently, but not out of RFF. Is the timing different or am I just retarded?

Look up!
Syn_SC
Destroyer
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 387
From: United Kingdom
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
RFF JFSR is the easiest thing to do in the world.

LFF is where you need execution. Now as a primarily Mishima player, here is how I learned LFF JFSR:
Kazuya.

If you can do a Kazuya PEWGF (f n df+2) you can do JFSR. I know this because I seldom input JFSR incorrectly. Honestly, its not as hard as it looks. The combo after is where you're more likely to drop rather than JFSR itself.

The best thing to do to get to grips with the timing is tap f, wait until near the end of the step and hit df+4. when you're more comfortable with the df+4 timing you can do it faster and faster.
Signature Dorya!
noodalls
Moderator
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 2333
From: Australia
PSN: noodalls
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
LFF
f on F0 (and release on F1). df+4 can be input until F20. Later inputs give df+4
F can be held from F0-F9 (release on F10) and df+4 still pressed on F20 to give JFSR. Later inputs give df+4.
Must press df+4 on exactly the same frame.


RFF
f on F0 (and release on F1). df+4 can be input until F20. Later inputs give df+4.
F can be held from F0-F9 (release on F10) and df+4 still pressed on F20 to give JFSR. Later inputs give df+4.

f on F0 (and release on F1). DF can be held from F2-19 and df+4 pressed on F20 to give JFSR.
19F leeway to press 4 once DF is pressed/held

Interestingly, RFF F held from F0-9(released on F10) stays in RFF, RFF F held from F0-10 (release on F11) reverts back to LFF.
KuruptNightmare
4th Dan
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
From: United States
XBL: KuruptNightmare
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 3L1
It's slightly different then the EWGF. You need to tap f, n, d/f+4. The speed at which you do it doesn't matter so take it slow at first but make sure you hit the d/f and 4 at the exact same time.

When I was learning it I figured out that for whatever reason I always do left hand before right hand. Mentally I overcompensated and made sure I entered the 4 before I thought it was time to enter the d/f and that was what really broke it open for me. Turn on command history when you're practicing it to see what you did.
If you're getting a d/f+4 you did the 4 too late
if you're getting f,n,4 you did the 4 too early
if you're getting f+4 you missed the d
if you're getting d+4 you missed the f
Also it's easier to do it from RFF so maybe try it that way first?

There's a few tutorials out there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DPSiAHltg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iz7LsaiLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prC5rDKuZ_0

This thread is still very awesome
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...?threadid=96830


Thanks for that tip. At first I was doin f,n,d,d/f+4 and it would come out 50/50 and then I realized I was adding an extra d to the inputs. Unfortunatley I think this stick is a little off since the 4 button is a little stuck so I kinda have to hammer down but it's coming out successfully. Any tips on how to utilize this out of a forward dash for example?
Signature It Is better to be a failure at something you love, than a success at something you hate
Commandoo
Champion
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 280
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I tried this out and yeah it's good I guess.. But what does safe on block mean??
Signature Baek newbie ownage!!!
+
+

3L1
Moderator
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1028
From: Canada
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noodalls
LFF
f on F0 (and release on F1). df+4 can be input until F20. Later inputs give df+4
F can be held from F0-F9 (release on F10) and df+4 still pressed on F20 to give JFSR. Later inputs give df+4.
Must press df+4 on exactly the same frame.


RFF
f on F0 (and release on F1). df+4 can be input until F20. Later inputs give df+4.
F can be held from F0-F9 (release on F10) and df+4 still pressed on F20 to give JFSR. Later inputs give df+4.

f on F0 (and release on F1). DF can be held from F2-19 and df+4 pressed on F20 to give JFSR.
19F leeway to press 4 once DF is pressed/held

Interestingly, RFF F held from F0-9(released on F10) stays in RFF, RFF F held from F0-10 (release on F11) reverts back to LFF.

Thanks so much

19f in RFF? I'm pretty amazed that the window is that big but it is significantly easier.

EDIT: I just tested it and omg yes the window is huge. is this TTT2 specific?
CaCarmen
Tekken Lord Black
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 998
From: China
PSN: cacacarmen
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
wasn't it like that in BR as well? No way JFSR is a JF in RFF....
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Rykendawg
5th Dan
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 50
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
How good is jfsr compared to ewgf?
3L1
Moderator
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1028
From: Canada
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rykendawg
How good is jfsr compared to ewgf?

Two different moves with different uses. If you're going to ask me which of the two I'd pick in Tag 2 I'd go with EWGF for sure

 All times are GMT. The time now is 22:43

Page Splits 123>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump