Hwoarang: Ask a Question, Get an Answer (III)

Page Splits 1...<2122232425>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#441 “Quote” Edit Post
What is RFF f+4~4's frame data? I looked here: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/hw...en-6-frame-data but the move is missing. RFF f+4~4 does 21 points of damage.

What is the third hit of d+3,4,4 and df+3,4,4 on block? Also missing from the frame data. I am pretty sure it is not the same move as RFL 4, which is -14, the third hits of those strings seem to me to be safe.

Last edited by forest16 on Apr 5th, 2012 at 13:04

3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#442 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
What is RFF f+4~4's frame data? I looked here: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/hw...en-6-frame-data but the move is missing. RFF f+4~4 does 21 points of damage.

What is the third hit of d+3,4,4 and df+3,4,4 on block? Also missing from the frame data. I am pretty sure it is not the same move as RFL 4, which is -14, the third hits of those strings seem to me to be safe.

This frame data is way more accurate. It's not 100% (RFS d/f+4 is definitely not 0 on block) but it was compiled by the TZ community a year or two ago and it's pretty damn close
http://sdtekken.wordpress.com/tekke...ang-frame-data/

RFF f+4~4 is 19f and it's -12
avoiding the puddle is basically a bulk translation from inatekken. it looks like it got written as "4,4" right under the data for f+4

d+3,4,4 is really just f+4,4 with a d+3 at the beginning. f+4,4 is -7
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#443 “Quote” Edit Post
Great! I hate to say it, but that frame data might be better than avoidingthepuddle.com's.
Damo420
4th Dan
PSN: T6-The-One-420
XBL: Luv Dat 420 << N/A !
#444 “Quote” Edit Post
ok this seems to be the only thing i never took into consideration for my hwo and thats simply because i didnt no so whats the deal with CH b+3 , jfsr launcher sorry notation skills r sucky , ive seen it done a million times on youtube ect but never bothered adding it to my hwos arsenal , since ive started trying it i seem to miss the jfsr nearly everytime its like the opponent hold his nose and falls back to fast for me to get jfsr out in time , i need to master this set up so all info on it would be so appreciated Thanx all
Signature Low Spammers I <3 You =) Free Wins For Damo =)
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: Ixayek_Usurper
#445 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Damo420
ok this seems to be the only thing i never took into consideration for my hwo and thats simply because i didnt no so whats the deal with CH b+3 , jfsr launcher sorry notation skills r sucky , ive seen it done a million times on youtube ect but never bothered adding it to my hwos arsenal , since ive started trying it i seem to miss the jfsr nearly everytime its like the opponent hold his nose and falls back to fast for me to get jfsr out in time , i need to master this set up so all info on it would be so appreciated Thanx all

Ya, your referring to the RFF CH B+3.

Well, the trick is to delay the JFSR input, i.e. , tap 'f' wait the max time, then hit 'd/f+4'. (the max delay for this is 7frames)
Your basically using JFSR @ its max range.
TBH man, its very difficult to get conscistently.
I normally go for the DASH LFF B+3. Its just easier.

Another useful set-up for JFSR is the LFS (left flamingo stance) B+4 on crouchers.
If they don't tech you get a free JFSR.

GL bro!
Signature Parsnip, ketchup..!?... Hop in the van!!?! *shrugs shoulders*
Damo420
4th Dan
#446 “Quote” Edit Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ixayek_usurper

Well, the trick is to delay the JFSR input, i.e. , tap 'f' wait the max time, then hit 'd/f+4'. (the max delay for this is 7frames)

Thats what i thought was the deal range and delay , ive just started playin on playstation for few weeks now and not comfortable with f,n,d,d/f as the dpad on xbox is very very diff style and what im used to so my tekken skills aren't in tip top shape as they should be lol i feel like a noob so this set up will have to wait as i can only do full frame jfsr constantly
thanx for the info Ixayek_usurper very appreciated =)
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#447 “Quote” Edit Post
Pro Tip: JFSR is easier in RFF
Damo420
4th Dan
#448 “Quote” Edit Post
u no i really find it much easier in LFF ! feels like its quicker in slightest way than in RFF to me , it prob aint but it feels it to me , here i teach u guys something go in practice and do 2~3 , N , f+3
Basicly u do the jab to get into flamingo but then go N so he puts his foot bk on the ground soon as his foot hits the ground hit F+3 or F+4 ....... the N to get out of flamingo actually homes a just frame input , basic what it does is puts f input for u so f+3 is actuualy ff+3 adds to his mix up game being able to do this i love 2~3 and then just pause and hit tht just frame f3 most people fall for it specialy crouchers
sorry if u already knew this
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
#449 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Damo420
u no i really find it much easier in LFF ! feels like its quicker in slightest way than in RFF to me , it prob aint but it feels it to me , here i teach u guys something go in practice and do 2~3 , N , f+3
Basicly u do the jab to get into flamingo but then go N so he puts his foot bk on the ground soon as his foot hits the ground hit F+3 or F+4 ....... the N to get out of flamingo actually homes a just frame input , basic what it does is puts f input for u so f+3 is actuualy ff+3 adds to his mix up game being able to do this i love 2~3 and then just pause and hit tht just frame f3 most people fall for it specialy crouchers
sorry if u already knew this

Yeah, its just a few post above bro, but thanks for being willing to share info.
Its always appreciated

Its not a just frame tho.
irampage7
6th Dan
#450 “Quote” Edit Post
hi guys...i've been practicing hwoarang for a week and i have difficulties connecting my juggles and most especially my B! enders..its so darn hard that im near quitting...but i cant bcoz hwo is one of my fav chars since tekken tag 1...i havent played t4 and t5 and jumped to t6...

so here we go..here's the juggles that i have difficulty connecting with...

d/f2, 213, dash 242, ff3 B! ( i have a difficulty connecting any combo with "dash 242"...90% of the time it becomes a throw "f,F 2"...i tried the notations f,f,n 242 but it doesnt connect, the opponent hits the ground first)....

another prob is...i cant seem to find a constant B! ender...most of the time i use u/f+343 but most of the time it doenst connect...i also use RFF 3~4, b+4 but seldom connects....any insights?

sometimes i really get frustrated and shut my psp down...and w8 to cool my head off before practicing again .. i hope you guys can help me...btw im using psp thanks
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
#451 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by irampage7

Answers here:
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=120887

@3L1:
Will you make the Hwo starter guide a sticky please man?

Cheers
irampage7
6th Dan
#452 “Quote” Edit Post
nope dude that guide didn't answer my question ...your example in your guide is somewhat different situation than mine..although i got some new info bout hwo..thanks anyways..

any simple d/f+2 combos? im still practicing d/f+2, 213, 1242, ff+3 B! ( i dont know which B! ender is consistent for this combo) can anyone help me out?

im also using b+3, 3~4, 242, ff+3 B! ( and yet i dont know which B! ender is consistent for this combo)...

maybe im a damn slow learner...but im eager to learn..i hope anyone can help me..thanks
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
#453 “Quote” Edit Post
nope dude that guide didn't answer my question ...your example in your guide is somewhat different situation than mine..although i got some new info bout hwo..thanks anyways..

any simple d/f+2 combos? im still practicing d/f+2, 213, 1242, ff+3 B! ( i dont know which B! ender is consistent for this combo) can anyone help me out?

im also using b+3, 3~4, 242, ff+3 B! ( and yet i dont know which B! ender is consistent for this combo)...

maybe im a damn slow learner...but im eager to learn..i hope anyone can help me..thanks

the RFF f,f+3 is the conscistent B!-ender.
The problem i think your having is your not dashing in after the d/f+2.
Should be like this:

d/f+2 [DASH] 2,3,1 [DASH] 2,4,2, RFF f,f+3

A simpler, and less damaging d/f+2 combo is:
d/f+2 1,2,4,2 RFF b+2 B!

If your having problems connecting the RFF 3~4~b+4 is because your not forward motion switching.

Forward motion switching is where you change stance while moving forward.
Its done by executing f+3+4.

All of this is in the guide if you read all the way down man.

GL!

irampage7
6th Dan
#454 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ixayek_usurper
the RFF f,f+3 is the conscistent B!-ender.
The problem i think your having is your not dashing in after the d/f+2.
Should be like this:

A simpler, and less damaging d/f+2 combo is:
d/f+2 1,2,4,2 RFF b+2 B!

If your having problems connecting the RFF 3~4~b+4 is because your not forward motion switching.

Forward motion switching is where you change stance while moving forward.
Its done by executing f+3+4.

All of this is in the guide if you read all the way down man.

GL!

i read you guide all the way down

A.) im dashing after d/f+2... my prob is in "DASH" 242 ...instead of DASH 2(right punch) it becomes DASH throw ( roll and choke)...and still today im doing it over and over again..im using psp pad..

B.) im doing forward motion switch (f+3+4)[while doing the RFF 3~4~b+4] but it seems its inconsistent especially in small chars eg law and girl chars..i found also found out that u/f+3,4,3 seems to work in med- to large chars..

C.) u mean "LFF ff+3" ( instead of RFF) is the constant bound ender...but it has very low damage..

im going crazy dude...im frustrated...maybe i still lack practice? or am I just dumb?...i keep practicing but cant get it...im frustrated with my self...
JANGO
6th Dan
PSN: elere
#455 “Quote” Edit Post
i read you guide all the way down

A.) im dashing after d/f+2... my prob is in "DASH" 242 ...instead of DASH 2(right punch) it becomes DASH throw ( roll and choke)...and still today im doing it over and over again..im using psp pad..

B.) im doing forward motion switch (f+3+4)[while doing the RFF 3~4~b+4] but it seems its inconsistent especially in small chars eg law and girl chars..i found also found out that u/f+3,4,3 seems to work in med- to large chars..

C.) u mean "LFF ff+3" ( instead of RFF) is the constant bound ender...but it has very low damage..

im going crazy dude...im frustrated...maybe i still lack practice? or am I just dumb?...i keep practicing but cant get it...im frustrated with my self...

A. practice more f,f N 2 , dash is important for hoa.
As Originally posted by Ixayek_usurper
practice

B. B! f+3+4, 3~4,b+4 if its hard for you do dash d/f+3+4 or u/f+3+4,4

C. RFF f,f+3 goes B! and its pretty good. range and dmg.
Signature "Look at me!
Look at me!
The monster inside me....
has grown this big!"
irampage7
6th Dan
#456 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JANGO
A. practice more f,f N 2 , dash is important for hoa.
As Originally posted by Ixayek_usurper
practice

B. B! f+3+4, 3~4,b+4 if its hard for you do dash d/f+3+4 or u/f+3+4,4

C. RFF f,f+3 goes B! and its pretty good. range and dmg.

A.) yep i can f,f N 2 alone but when i apply it in my combos it becomes a throw i curse psp pads! hehe it makes an extra input and oh i got the dash thingy in that specific combos already (
d/f+2 [DASH] 2,3,1 [DASH] 2,4,2, RFF f,f+3)<~~ i get this 90% of the time already thanks to Ixayek_usurper ...but i cant connect the d/f+ 2, 23, 3~f, 1, dash 242 B!...i followed what Ixayek_usurper in his guide but i cant seem to follow up the "dash 242" because it becomes a throw again...frustrating isnt it?.. hehe

B.) ok ill try that one mate =) thanks

C.) what i meant was Bound ender not Bound moves ... RFF ff+3 is a bound move not a Bound ender

and oh guys! d/f+2, (dash) 242, b2, u/f+343 is the most constant combo thanks to Ixayek_usurper

with b3 launcher i use b3, 3~4, 242, RFF ff3 B! f+3+4, 3~4, b4 but inconsistent....any of you guys know what combos from b3 launcher that are consistent and have 70 or above damage? ....any combos but not with "23, 3~f" <~ i have a hard time following this up with "dash 242" thanks...

PS: and oh while im posting this dumb questions im also trying to search the answers hehehe so that no one will tell me that im just spoon feeding or anything
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
#457 “Quote” Edit Post
A) with the dash 2,4,2 you just need more practice is all.
It'll come good eventually, keep practicing.
Practice doing it without the oppenent being air-bourne to get the muscle memory going.

The trick with the 2,3,3~f is to hit the LFS 3~f when the opponent is almost hitting the ground.
Again it just takes practice.

BTW, i didn't write the guide, mistmatch did

C)
Again, its just practice. With the F+3+4, RFF 3~4,~b+4 you can delay the input of it for quite a bit.
Keep practicing and you'll get there man!

Check EpciStoffer's juggle thread for more juggles man.
He's got damages listed there too.

GL!

irampage7
6th Dan
#458 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ixayek_usurper
A) with the dash 2,4,2 you just need more practice is all.
It'll come good eventually, keep practicing.
Practice doing it without the oppenent being air-bourne to get the muscle memory going.

The trick with the 2,3,3~f is to hit the LFS 3~f when the opponent is almost hitting the ground.
Again it just takes practice.

BTW, i didn't write the guide, mistmatch did

C)
Again, its just practice. With the F+3+4, RFF 3~4,~b+4 you can delay the input of it for quite a bit.
Keep practicing and you'll get there man!

Check EpciStoffer's juggle thread for more juggles man.
He's got damages listed there too.

GL!

thanks dude...
and oh yes mismatch wrote the guide...i misread it hehe...thanks also mismatch
yep i already checked EpciStoffer's juggles some of them are hard for me because of the "dash 242"..but im practicing alot...ill let you know my progess in a week
Damo420
4th Dan
#459 “Quote” Edit Post
dash 242 the way i got the jist of it when i started wid hwo was practice mode have reset position on , from default position 2 will not hit the opponent due to the range so easy way to learn is reset dash 242 so both punches connect the reset , repeat for 30 mins ur have tht done and dusted to perfection
Damo420
4th Dan
#460 “Quote” Edit Post
in mean time u could do 231 dash 1242 maddogjin uses this in alot of situations where he is unsure of being able to connect the usual staple ! but obviously results in less dmg in return for better rate of consistency