NZ Thread Part 47 - To the Field of Justice

Page Splits 1...<1516171819>...38
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Jordyce
The Third Way
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4398
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#321 “Quote” Edit Post
If they'd been upfront and honest? They made a statement explaining their actions, and I don't think they have to make any sort of statement to begin with. So what if part of the DLC is on the disc, that's the same for 95% of games! You don't think FPS maps are 100% new assets, do you? Ever play Disgaea 3- over $100 of on-disc DLC, it was JUST unlock codes. The media jumps on Capcom because they made them a scapegoat. Same with the 3DS save game issue. Capcom wasn't the first or only company to make a game where you can't delete the save for the 3DS, but they were attacked for it.

The PS Vita version will have a lower resolution, a later release date and obviously not be suitable for competitive play. It's not unreasonable for it receive the DLC characters alongside. Also, console games tend to depreciate greater and faster than handheld titles- by the time the Vita version is released (doesn't even have a date yet), you'll probably be able to pick up the console version for a significantly reduced price, of which you can pay the difference to get the DLC. Or an upgraded version for a significantly reduced price (I'm very happy with my $50 UMvC3).

Do your research when it comes to DLC. Don't just read Kotaku or Destructoid or whatever crappy gaming blog, and assume that Capcom is the big bad, because in reality they're still one of the better developers. The media, especially gaming blogs, are not about giving you all the relevant information, they're about creating controversy and clicks which equals money. They make Capcom out to be evil, heaps of people come, get angry. Further articles on Capcom garner big views.
Signature www.jordyce.tumblr.com [i tumblr thrice daily, sometimes there's tekken]
www.twitter.com/jordyce [i tweet constantly, but rarely about tekken]
www.youtube.com/jordyce [i watch videos constantly, but rarely post them]
Munkey
Destroyer
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 379
From: New Zealand
PSN: Munkey
XBL: MunkeyNZ
#322 “Quote” Edit Post
All I am concern about now, as well as most of the general public agree on this, is what is capcom gonna do about this? Are we gonna get discounted on the eventual DLC release? Are they gonna do them in packages of 4 or 6 characters per package? Timeframe between the packages (I can almost garantee there will be at least 2).
Now I am hearing stories that the DLC willl be released in 8 months time, if that does happen that will not be in time for EVO. Maybe to extend more life into the game or however you see it, who knows.
And I expect some sort of patch for this game in by the end of the month, a friend of mine apparantly has found a infinite combo for Kazuya somehow. At this rate I think I will wait for Skullgirls to come out, well worth the long announcement for at least it should be bug free by release.
And I don't visit alot of those so called crap blogs you mentioned, therefore you must visit them on a regular basis as well.
And I am pretty sure capcom is not the Only gaming company that gets critsised alot, it just happened that they are getting alot for the next couple of weeks to come that all. Trust me EA is on my list as one of my least favourites.
Signature I suck Ass
I am the scubbiest Tekken Player there is
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#323 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Munkey
All I am concern about now, as well as most of the general public agree on this, is what is capcom gonna do about this? Are we gonna get discounted on the eventual DLC release? Are they gonna do them in packages of 4 or 6 characters per package? Timeframe between the packages (I can almost garantee there will be at least 2).
Now I am hearing stories that the DLC willl be released in 8 months time, if that does happen that will not be in time for EVO. Maybe to extend more life into the game or however you see it, who knows.
And I expect some sort of patch for this game in by the end of the month, a friend of mine apparantly has found a infinite combo for Kazuya somehow. At this rate I think I will wait for Skullgirls to come out, well worth the long announcement for at least it should be bug free by release.
And I don't visit alot of those so called crap blogs you mentioned, therefore you must visit them on a regular basis as well.
And I am pretty sure capcom is not the Only gaming company that gets critsised alot, it just happened that they are getting alot for the next couple of weeks to come that all. Trust me EA is on my list as one of my least favourites.


Holy moly its MUNKEY!!!!!!
Signature ~BANKAI~
Munkey
Destroyer
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 379
From: New Zealand
PSN: Munkey
XBL: MunkeyNZ
#324 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KyOKei
Holy moly its MUNKEY!!!!!!

Hello dear sir, hows married life treating you?

Now this dlc stuff for SXT sounds even worse, comes out on the same time the Vita version comes out.
Now gotta see what they gonna do about the xbox users not been able to play co-op on the same console. I don't care about the character exclusives the ps3 gets.
Signature I suck Ass
I am the scubbiest Tekken Player there is
Ginsu
Tekken Lord Black
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 928
From: New Zealand
PSN: Ginsumitsu
#325 “Quote” Edit Post
First games of SfxT online last night and I sadly run into the Scully bros double feature...
Sound cuts is a major distraction

Originally posted by KyOKei
Holy moly its MUNKEY!!!!!!
So true!!!

Now this dlc stuff for SXT sounds even worse, comes out on the same time the Vita version comes out.
Now gotta see what they gonna do about the xbox users not been able to play co-op on the same console. I don't care about the character exclusives the ps3 gets.
Sweet, I'll probably pay for the new characters and the vita version

xbox local co-op got the big finger for the moment btw...
Capcom Blog
ncea
Champion
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 285
From: New Zealand
XBL: ncea/nzqa
#326 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ginsu
xbox local co-op got the big finger for the moment btw...
Capcom Blog


Thats pretty bs..

Anyway, does anyone know where to get good arcade sticks from? that are cheap? or like cheap enough. Cause my current one is fucked up way to hard and i'm getting sick of using a controller.. Its just not fun not being able to wavedash and do df2, ewgf.....
Signature How to get pro with the mishimas in 3 easy steps:
1. Learn how to ewgf
2. Learn how to wavedash
3. SPAM THAT SHIT!!
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#327 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ginsu
First games of SfxT online last night and I sadly run into the Scully bros double feature...
Sound cuts is a major distraction

So true!!!

Sweet, I'll probably pay for the new characters and the vita version

xbox local co-op got the big finger for the moment btw...
Capcom Blog


Turn sound off for consistency lol

I rented it for a day and couldn't get into it however much I wanted to. Won't be buying it.
Signature ~BANKAI~
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#328 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Munkey
Hello dear sir, hows married life treating you?



Married life is a whole lot different from just living with someone.. for me anyway.

Still staying over at Fangs?
Signature ~BANKAI~
18_Mishima
casual Tekkener
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 3865
From: Taiwan
PSN: Mishima18
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#330 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 18_Mishima
Signature ~BANKAI~
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#331 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 18_Mishima


BAN!!
Signature ~BANKAI~
ColdFire2010
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1190
From: Taiwan
PSN: ycl71
#332 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KyOKei
BAN!!

i thought this should've happened some 10~11 years ago
Signature 18_Mishima says:
what can I say, I am a Lee b00b
B.G
Sage
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 472
#333 “Quote” Edit Post
IF timezone was telling the truth auckland is getting tag2 this week
not sure if they got proper cabinet so we can play without lag though :s
Munkey
Destroyer
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 379
From: New Zealand
PSN: Munkey
XBL: MunkeyNZ
#334 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KyOKei
Married life is a whole lot different from just living with someone.. for me anyway.

Still staying over at Fangs?

Pretty much.

Not sure if he told you or not but he has a copy of that crap SFXT game. Was fun for the first moment but with that DLC fiasco still running rampant in my head I could not take this game to a serious degree.
I didn't care or mind what they did with their past games like the special arcade editions for SF4 or ultimate edition for MVC3, but their latest trend has pissed quite a few people off.
I still want to play RE6 regardless, but I think capcom need a break from making fighting games for awhile in general.
And what joy waiting for the disc-locked-content characters being released around the same time as the vita version release.

In other news EA manages to surprise me relating their future "Free" dlc for those that played the Mass Effect series.
Signature I suck Ass
I am the scubbiest Tekken Player there is
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#335 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Munkey
Pretty much.

Not sure if he told you or not but he has a copy of that crap SFXT game. Was fun for the first moment but with that DLC fiasco still running rampant in my head I could not take this game to a serious degree.
I didn't care or mind what they did with their past games like the special arcade editions for SF4 or ultimate edition for MVC3, but their latest trend has pissed quite a few people off.
I still want to play RE6 regardless, but I think capcom need a break from making fighting games for awhile in general.
And what joy waiting for the disc-locked-content characters being released around the same time as the vita version release.

In other news EA manages to surprise me relating their future "Free" dlc for those that played the Mass Effect series.


Hence why I didn't bother buying SFxT. However I will get any dlc for Mass Effect as I'm a MS whore =\
Signature ~BANKAI~
18_Mishima
casual Tekkener
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 3865
From: Taiwan
PSN: Mishima18
#336 “Quote” Edit Post
I also think people's expectations for this game were too high. It was never going to be a 'true' cross over - more like 'Street Fighter with Tekken characters', just like TxSF is going to be 'Tekken with Street Fighter characters'. That's probably why it's not gaining any momentum in the Tekken community.

Well look at that, my first post about games in years.
B.G
Sage
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 472
#337 “Quote” Edit Post
ttt2 working at tz auckland
it has some input lag due to the shitty cabinet though
KyOKei
C-('.'Q)
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 20360
From: New Zealand
PSN: kyokei
#338 “Quote” Edit Post
So been playing some t6 and ttt2 here in Tianhe mall in GZ. Shitty sticks on the t6 cabs but still play due to the zillions of challenges I get. Some people buy a bag (looks like 30 - 40 coins) and sit there playing you until they are all out of coins. Even the ones that lose all their games. Then again its cheap. I changed a $50 rmb note to 50 coins 2 weeks ago, I still have 20 coins left today from that stash. $0.40c t6 and $1 ttt2 is pretty light on the pocket.
Found about 4 arcades so far but tianhe is the best for challenges so I go back there whenever I can. This arcade is huge, its probably 3 - 4 times the size of yifans. China Mall has one which is a bit newer than tianhe mall but only found t6 cabs. This arcade is only 2x the size of yifans.

Loving the zillions of places to eat, late night shopping (most shops open till 10pm everyday), gaming and cheap taxis here but hate the weather!!!
Signature ~BANKAI~
BiG_B
David Letterman
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2114
From: New Zealand
#339 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody play six on XBOX Live?


Signature
ncea
Champion
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 285
From: New Zealand
XBL: ncea/nzqa
#340 “Quote” Edit Post
Played my first games of TTT2 last sunday.. got my ass kicked by B.g and imash lol.. my card now has 6wins 16Losses.. fuck im pro.

Originally posted by ColdFire2010
fresh new 'tournament' posters showed to me by tz staffs tonight:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...sc/DSC00086.jpg

looking at the date, you would've thought it's on ttt2 right? well, no...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...sc/DSC00087.jpg


Lol is this tournament still going or is it like we got ttt2 now so... who cares?

Anybody play six on XBOX Live?


Daedalink, Chikage, and me play on Xbl.
Signature How to get pro with the mishimas in 3 easy steps:
1. Learn how to ewgf
2. Learn how to wavedash
3. SPAM THAT SHIT!!

 All times are GMT. The time now is 16:13

Page Splits 1...<1516171819>...38
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump