< >
cosmos man
Shihan
#241 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone wants to play on Sunday ?
cosmos man
Shihan
#242 “Quote” Edit Post
I think that xiaoyu + heihachi player is that Dave I know, he is actually a long time player here since T5 BR.
He was gone to UK for a while but back now.

Had a few interesting matches with Joel last Saturday.

How about Meiji ? Are you Japanese ? Let's have some matches together
Distrukjin
Kyu
PSN: Double-O-Snake
#243 “Quote” Edit Post
Really need to get my head around Tag Assults, I play too much like T6 and get beaten by tag2 tactics lol. You play really well peter, I will hopefully get better soon.
JanxSpirit
Kyu
#244 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I know what you mean, old habits die hard.

Super keen to start playing this game properly, as I haven't been fully committed to any Tekken game since the T4 days, and it'd be nice to get my knowledge fully up to date again regarding all the frames etc.

And I'm pretty sure Ling has gotten some awesome buffs in T2 Unlimited XD AOP 1+2 now gives full juggle on CH. Too good!
Footos
Sage
PSN: What's a Network ID?
XBL: What's a Gamer Tag?
#245 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL u guys still play this game?? Why dont u guys hop on ur Xboxes & play CoD with ten year olds that constantly shout "You're a noob sniper" hahaha

Im keen to revive my tag skills. So much different than T6 let alone TTT (damn it, best Tekken ever)...Nearly gave up due to the fact that Anna and Raven are STILL on shit tier...

History Lesson for u all:
Anna
TTT: Upper Mid (uf+1,3 goodness)
T5/5.1: THE WORST IN THE GAME
T5DR: Top 5
T6: Upper Mid
T6br: Shit
TTT2: Shit

Raven
T5/5.1: SHIT
T5DR: Shit
T6: Top
T6br: SUPER SHIT
TTT2: SUPER SHIT

Its gettin harder to win since ppl that I know just tier whore all the time...not you Dave not you hahah
Signature RIP Li'l Penny Von Hardaway 1973-2005
Meiji
5th Dan
#246 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol Marco....anna is tier B in TTT2 so is raven where on the tier B list i dont know...come embrace the game again with us lol

I'll pass on COD literally ...whats an XBOX

Yes we still do play Marco. Still Wednesday nights r the go...plenty of new faces as well lately...TTT2 has brought many new players to us from beginners, casuals to some already with experience from T6 days and picking the game back up..so the community is slowly growing again
Footos
Sage
PSN: What's a Network ID?
XBL: What's a Gamer Tag?
#247 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Meiji
Lol Marco....anna is tier B in TTT2 so is raven where on the tier B list i dont know...come embrace the game again with us lol

I'll pass on COD literally ...whats an XBOX

Yes we still do play Marco. Still Wednesday nights r the go...plenty of new faces as well lately...TTT2 has brought many new players to us from beginners, casuals to some already with experience from T6 days and picking the game back up..so the community is slowly growing again

Yeah I'd evade that 10 year olds' game entirely as well. But I have been playing BF3 competitively!

As per Tekken BBS:
S: Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Paul, Jack
A: Jinpachi, Lars, Leo, Lee, Dragunov, Zafina, JayCee, Bruce, Bob, Marduk, Lei, Feng, Hwoarang
B: Jin, Asuka, Ogre, Ganryu, King, Roger, Armor King, Lili, Miguel, Nina, Anna , Steve, Alisa, Bryan, Baek
C: Xiaoyu, Bears, Christie/Eddy, Law, Yoshimitsu, Wang, Raven , Jun

WTF happened to T6 SSS tier occupants? Steve Bryan & Law?? So Namco thinks that it wudnt be a proper tekken game if it has no mishima in the top tier yeah??
Signature RIP Li'l Penny Von Hardaway 1973-2005
Meiji
5th Dan
#248 “Quote” Edit Post
Marco these r the reason's why the SSS tier are no longer there

Steve - Lost over half his staple combos from BR...was one of the biggest characters nurfed from BR..d/f+2 mid is the biggest nurf for steve the combo is completely gone recovery time into the f,f+2 is very long not even buffering will bound..before the Unlimited patch came out was B rank

Law - Also another character like steve with major nurfs from Br to Vanilla TTT2..can't remember what but alot more of his moves were made with less + frames n made more punishable..also rank B during Vanilla TTT2

Bryan - Lost qcb+4 combo now is shorter...biggest nurf for bryan was his taunt no longer auto tracks and taunt now has more chance to whiff than hit all the time...namco made it more strict timing on taunt and smaller time window for after if knee hits..still at +16 but window for moves after knee is alot shorter....f+4 has had its move changed completely no longer does the little foot poke but is now changed to f+4,1 nc but with the one is a bound move n is considered the new bound move to use....Vanilla TTT2 rank A

If anything they gave the biggest buff to the mishimas...all ewgf's n wgf's are 360 tracking and damage for mishima's in vanilla n the upgrade is enormous..devil jin is still the most potent of all mishimas..

with the console release being official in september n with exclusive characters make it interesting....however there should be a patch coming soon for it

BF3 is interesting though i wont play it competitively
CoolzInferno
3rd Dan
#249 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys. It's been a while, again. :p

Don't know if anyone would remember me, but I'm Weng. The Asian guy who used to play like Armor King, Wang and Julia in T6 in TZ Northbridge occasionally for a little while in like 09/10.

Just as a bit of a heads up, I'm part of OzHadou Perth - we're sort of the Perth hub of OzHadou: the Australian SF community.

We run weekly events on Sunday at Murdoch University. First Sunday of the month is AE/UMVC3 tournament and Third Sunday is Skullgirls/KOF13/Third Strike/Blazblue tournaments.

Every other week it's basically a BYO setup/console/monitor etc with a $2 door fee that goes toward an equipment fund. Basically with the release of TTT2 on console, feel free to like use it as a venue for hosting Tekken casuals and meetups. I kind of vaguely remember when I was part of the scene that there really wasn't that many venues or opportunities for casuals at someone's house (other than at Nigel's occasionally.)

There's an event on this Sunday in the Social Sciences building - Room 1.32 which is purely casuals. And if you join this Facebook page you'll basically get notifications and invites any time there's an event. I'll be there this Sunday so there'll at least be one copy of Tekken and a functional setup for it.

The other main point I wanted to bring up was more of a 'heads up':
I'm looking at running a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 'launch' tournament on the 30th of September at the Murdoch event on that date. It'll probably be a free entry thing with shitty prizes I'll have to source from somewhere, but I guess you can win bragging rights for being the winner of the first TTT2 tournament in Perth :p

We're coming to the end of the current 'season' of the tournament ladders we're running (we have a final month of it in October, then an end-of-year playoff in December) and depending on the demand/turnout for Tekken, there's a possibility it could replace one of the 'dead' games like Third Strike or Skullgirls as a ladder game for next year's ladder.
Signature - Cougar Patrol~!!!
CoolzInferno
3rd Dan
#250 “Quote” Edit Post
The event for the Tekken tournament I mentioned previously is now up on ze Facebookz:

So hope to see you there, whoever still reads this
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#251 “Quote” Edit Post
Good luck man, it will be a pity to see Perth Tekken completely vanish.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
FaYd
War Lord
#252 “Quote” Edit Post
GOGO WENGUS!!!
Signature Perpetual Ascension
PituGuli
1st Dan
#253 “Quote” Edit Post
How big is the Perth community?
Do people still go to Northbridge and play
Meiji
5th Dan
#254 “Quote” Edit Post
Pitu -

Perth community was big 3yrs ago averaging 20 players every wednesday. but sadly numbers have dropped off due to most of the players being international students and either finishing their studies or have had their visa's cancelled have returned home. Currently most ppl who come n play will be scared off by the regulars. Very few of them who start stay or they play but make sure its when the regulars don't appear.

There's also a stand off in terms of price, package deals and machine quality. When it first came out it was acceptable at $2 a game even though we were being ripped. We had no other arcade with it. It costs Timezone $100 for 2000 tag credits roughly. Now that the console version is out the price should fall but not according to timezones way of buisness where a price reduction only comes when the game has made its expenses which i would say already has since we've played 10,000 games at least. But since its a "new" game they won't. No packages help us tekken players yet they head office have tried to promote it failing of course. Last but not least machine quality is an absolute joke. Firstly they remove the T6BR machine which we have used for 6-7 years and ship it of to another store in the eastern states when they could have taken the vanilla T6 machine. All 3 cabs r a disgrace. Japanese machine both sticks are now a shocker. P1 if u press back it registers double back and the stick is sitting on an angle. Player 2 side someone's spilt a drink n its become stiff. Buttons on both sides r shocking while they work to an extent they r prone to making a regular drop out at critical times. Tag crush but its a raw tag. Been tested many times.

Also even if the machines r logged for maintenance the technicians won't fix it they just press the buttons n say what r u guys on about it works...they come in the next day when the machines have had a 12hr break from playing so the buttons some what reset. They would rather spend money on security cameras n bring in other games than fix machines which make money and then turn around n ask the staff why arent u guys making money

Northbridge there's still a few of us who play friday from 4pm onwards.
CoolzInferno
3rd Dan
#255 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey again.

Vaguely related to Tekken, but OzHadou Nationals 11 (OHN) is happening next year in Sydney on the weekend of the 22nd --> 24th of February & OzHadou Perth is running Regional Qualifiers for SSF4AE:2012, UMVC3, KOF13 and... Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

So if anyone was looking at going to OHN next year, it'd be a great idea for you to come along so you can get seeding points and win some money to go toward paying for your OHN trip. Because if you don't it'll be full of Street Fighter Frauds who can't even do combos or Hopkick and I'll end up winning. All the details are on the event page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Check out the Facebook Event
PituGuli
1st Dan
#256 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Meiji
Pitu -

Perth community was big 3yrs ago averaging 20 players every wednesday. but sadly numbers have dropped off due to most of the players being international students and either finishing their studies or have had their visa's cancelled have returned home. Currently most ppl who come n play will be scared off by the regulars. Very few of them who start stay or they play but make sure its when the regulars don't appear.

There's also a stand off in terms of price, package deals and machine quality. When it first came out it was acceptable at $2 a game even though we were being ripped. We had no other arcade with it. It costs Timezone $100 for 2000 tag credits roughly. Now that the console version is out the price should fall but not according to timezones way of buisness where a price reduction only comes when the game has made its expenses which i would say already has since we've played 10,000 games at least. But since its a "new" game they won't. No packages help us tekken players yet they head office have tried to promote it failing of course. Last but not least machine quality is an absolute joke. Firstly they remove the T6BR machine which we have used for 6-7 years and ship it of to another store in the eastern states when they could have taken the vanilla T6 machine. All 3 cabs r a disgrace. Japanese machine both sticks are now a shocker. P1 if u press back it registers double back and the stick is sitting on an angle. Player 2 side someone's spilt a drink n its become stiff. Buttons on both sides r shocking while they work to an extent they r prone to making a regular drop out at critical times. Tag crush but its a raw tag. Been tested many times.

Also even if the machines r logged for maintenance the technicians won't fix it they just press the buttons n say what r u guys on about it works...they come in the next day when the machines have had a 12hr break from playing so the buttons some what reset. They would rather spend money on security cameras n bring in other games than fix machines which make money and then turn around n ask the staff why arent u guys making money

Northbridge there's still a few of us who play friday from 4pm onwards.

Thanks for the responce.

I strolled by Time Zone in Northbridge a few days ago and it looks like they fixed the arcade sticks and button issues for all Tekken Machines?
That should be good news and hopefully it will attract more people back to playing the game
Meiji
5th Dan
#257 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CoolzInferno
Hey again.

Vaguely related to Tekken, but OzHadou Nationals 11 (OHN) is happening next year in Sydney on the weekend of the 22nd --> 24th of February & OzHadou Perth is running Regional Qualifiers for SSF4AE:2012, UMVC3, KOF13 and... Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

So if anyone was looking at going to OHN next year, it'd be a great idea for you to come along so you can get seeding points and win some money to go toward paying for your OHN trip. Because if you don't it'll be full of Street Fighter Frauds who can't even do combos or Hopkick and I'll end up winning. All the details are on the event page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Check out the Facebook Event

I'm planning to go to ohn might as well use this as a warm up event lol
No.Shields
Kyu
#258 “Quote” Edit Post
Well heck its been a while, hey all, Brian from northam here, i am heading my @r$e down to the Regional Qualies for TTT2, on the 20 Jan this year, in my attempt to represent the sticks and to not be one of those frauds XD, wish me luck, i'll probably play Feng again i played him so much in T6 BR, and i'll do Cosmos man a tribute and play Alisa aswell, to all the crew who i had the honour of playing in the past, hope 2013 is a good year for you all, be safe, take care, Regards Brian

P.S Dear Weng i remember you very clearly, get ready, and practice, i may not be the only person from the Hills who may be coming down, and we all can beat up some people who think hopkick and win is viable .................
JanxSpirit
Kyu
#259 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow, this hurts! No.Shields told me about the OHN regionals taking place the other day, but I wasn't able to make it on account of work. Now that I see the results listed on the ozhadou website, I really regret not going. Would have been an awesome day.

Does this mean you going to compete in Sydney Weng??
CoolzInferno
3rd Dan
#260 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Dave, I was already booked and going to OHN, except i was only going to be entering Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and King of Fighters 13. My Tekken and my SF4 are pretty garbage atm.

Seeing as I'm the 'Top Seed' and have seeding points though, I almost feel obliged to enter TTT2. I might decide to dog Youssef/Fayd though and not enter to be an asshole. I mean I'd just end up going 0-2.