Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
The Chef
Dead Man Inc.
PSN: thechef14
XBL: chefness
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
IGC 2012 results:-
1.Lion Heart aka Simranjeet Singh (India)
2.NiN aka Hyun Kyu Park(Korea).

This has nothing to do with me, but I just noticed it here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/229342393775604/

Seems to be a serious tourney, 10,000 USD prize!!
http://www.wtf-igc.com/portfolio-view/tekken-6/

Nin getting beaten by an Indian in grand final is quite some big news. We can't underestimate these Tiger economies any more!!!
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
This event got to be in some Finnish E-Sports news too.It was really huge setback to Indian E-Sports i heard which is a shame

But NIN losing to anyone in Grandfinal that is not a Korean is big big big news.

Im not sure if those were rumors only those about the event, but here is the story of the event.

http://www.erodov.com/forums/story-...nish/51431.html

I Hope Tekken got to be more better organized than some of the stuff i readed from there.

Im still feeling bad for the indian community about the event...
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
KOR
SOUTH AFRICAN TEXAN
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
wow...
Signature I WILL ATTAIN PERFECTION
Originally Posted by EDDY PISTONS:
I could say we dont play in tx, or you know practice, it would make for a easy excuse but we are texans, we don't know what that means
GMMA.US
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Huh??????
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
oh shit another lionheart? And him beating nin is big outside of gm of course....
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
PSN: Tenshimitsu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Very interesting! Any match movies? Which characters did he play?
Signature http://www.ManjiKai.com - Shiki soku ze kuu!
吉光と天使光:一心同体
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree Nin getting beat is pretty nuts but he HAS probably been playing TTT2 for the last half year. But I just read through that thread KillerDoll posted and this whole event sounded beyond shitty. Supposedly people arent even getting paid their winnings etc? Total BS
Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
jAy-kEi
Fujin
PSN: wogus
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm posting this in behalf on Nin just to clarify things:

As Nin doesnt speak English (or at least not good enough to understand it), he told me he had trouble winning this tournament.

First of all on the tournament website ( http://www.wtf-igc.com/portfolio-view/tekken-6/ ) it says that the first 2 of the final group of 6 will be playing a last "final" set. This never happened due to lack of time or something. However Nin never understood that and that the group league would decide the winner. He hardly played as if the match was the final, and only aimed for the top 2 in the group.

Another thing that comes to mind is that the whole tournament was being played on only one monitor/TV which had lag also.

Last thing to mention is that players in the final group of 6 were dropping games against the winner of the tournament (aka forfeiting). According to Nin it was clearly obvious in his eyes, that people were losing on purpose.

Not to unjustify the victory of the Indian players, but this tournament was clearly not organized well.
Signature
대한민국!
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
killer_jin
&#3232;_&#3232;
PSN: devkaz
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Losing a puny little insignificant and poorly organized event shouldn't effect Nin's reputation at all.

We all know how good Nin is, he doesn't need to win tourneys like IGC to prove that
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Want commentary from other side to get full perspective.
sunnyrulz13
1st Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Lion Hart vs Nin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7C...mp;feature=plcp

I'm posting this on behalf of Lion Hart just to clarify things :

Nin stayed with lion hart at his home for 1 week , they played lot of casuals and lion hart won most of them , so this maybe shock to international community that nin lost , but lion hart vs nin it was always 50-50 for us.
Lion hart has won almost every tournament in india and just that he has not played any international tournament , that doesnot mean he is not good enough to beat nin.He was confident of beating nin in igc , otherwise why would he have invited nin for igc and taken a risk over such a big prize money ?

Secondly , there are lot of things around lag tv , u can check the monitor shown in above video , its asus ml238h , its faster then official evo monitor and i agree there was some lag in igc {due to different set-up} but that was equal for both players i.e lion hart and nin .

Now coming over to broken stick , every international player who played with koreans know that they dont carry a single stick , if there was any problem with the stick , nin would have easily changed the stick.Even lion hart had a spare controller with him during the tournament and i think every good player has a back-up.
jAy-kEi
Fujin
PSN: wogus
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi sunnyrulz13,

so where is the other set? It's clearly obvious you guys are trying to prove a point here (which is: "we beat nin").

Its quite funny too that the video you guys have uploaded contains the tags: IGC - gaming - carnival

So now everyone thinks this is the grand final of IGC which never happened. Even on inatekken.com ( http://inatekken.com/articles/video...-lion-hart.html ) it's been posted as the grand-final. Good job guys, you guys are perfect in manipulating things around (including Nin).

And who is talking about a broken stick?
Signature
대한민국!
sunnyrulz13
1st Dan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi jay { wogus }

I am not trying to prove any point , Lion Hart has won against nin at igc , thats already been done , there is nothing to prove anything.
There are some random people who have assumed that it is igc final videos , where on the video there is no such title as that { there are also tekken rage tags }. Reepal as already corrected this on his site { http://www.levelupyourgame.com/ } and regarding broken stick i heard some people saying on facebook , there is lot of mis-understanding going on.

I am posting the correct sequence of the score :

Tekken Rage tournament

Lion Hart { 3 } ---- Nin { 2 } .... reset
Lion Hart { 2 } ---- Nin { 3 } ---- Nin won tekken rage but the videos are only available for the 1st set , 1st set was recorded by some player present at the tournament and i guess he was only able to record the 1st set.

IGC tournament

Lion Hart { 2} --- Nin { 0 } ---- Lion Hart won IGC , and there was super 6 format , nin only lost to Lion Hart and Lion Hart won against all the players..

If i had all the videos , i would have posted the IGC videos 1st . I hope this helps.
Manav
4th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sunnyrulz13

Secondly , there are lot of things around lag tv , u can check the monitor shown in above video , its asus ml238h , its faster then official evo monitor and i agree there was some lag in igc {due to different set-up} but that was equal for both players i.e lion hart and nin .

As far as i can make out of the above lines is that the video shown above is of the asus monitor which is supposed to be lag free ,on the other hand the igc monitor was not which means the video is not of igc but of Tekken Rage which Nin won. Is it that hard to understand a simple line?
And good job guys, you guys are perfect in justifying things.
SridharsVs
Legend
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Let me clear things up:

Firstly there were TWO TOURNAMENTS: TEKKEN RAGE held between 29-30 March and then IGC which was held in the first week of April. Nin participated in both the tournaments.

TEKKEN RAGE:
NIN vs LION HART

This video on youtube is from GRAND FINALS SET1 of TEKKEN RAGE and not from IGC. NIN was from the winners bracket while LION HART was from the losers bracket. So, naturally LION HART must defeat NIN in two separate sets to win the tournament. LION HART won the first set 3-2. However, NIN won the GRAND FINALS SET2 3-2 winning TEKKEN RAGE.

The thing to point out here is the way LION HART made it to the top of the losers bracket. NIN himself complained against how some of the participants were purposefully losing games so that others could advance through.

INDIAN GAMING CARNIVAL IGC:
I wasnt there for IGC but I am sure that this is what had happened----
--IGC was supposed to be a 3 DAY event where the top 2players from each day would face off against each other on a final day to decide the winner. But in reality, it turned out to be a 2DAY event. Why??... I guess no one knows....
-- NINs stick did give him problems at the tourney.... he used a JAPANESE QUANBA stick for the matches there. Now, I dont need to tell you guys how different a SANWA is from a KOREAN FANTA. Now now, I am not saying that this was the reason why he lost, but this was just to let everyone know what happened there.
-- Participants forfeiting games... I had personally seen this at TEKKEN RAGE and I can only guess how things were at IGC.
--And finally the most important of them all: THIS IGC TOURNAMENT DID NOT FOLLOW THE SUPER 6 FORMAT COMPLETELY. ALL THOSE WHO KEEP SAYING THAT IGC USED A SUPER 6 FORMAT ARE HOPELESSLY WRONG especially this :

IGC tournament
Lion Hart { 2} --- Nin { 0 } ---- Lion Hart won IGC , and there was super 6 format , nin only lost to Lion Hart and Lion Hart won against all the players..

HERE ARE THE ACTUAL RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT TAKEN FROM IGCs website: http://www.wtf-igc.com/portfolio-view/tekken-6/

3.3.3 Finale (Super Six format) :
----------------------------------------------
Super Six Finals (6 teams, Winner and runner up from the daily pool)

* Each day winners of the 1st and 2nd position will go on to compete with each other on day 3 of the event in the final showdown.
* Super Six will pit players against each other; wherein each winning player will get 2 points for winning a match, 1 point each for a tie, 0 point for losing. Once all the players have faced each other, the top two scoring teams will have a finale match which will decide the winner and a runner up players.

- Two players will compete against each other in a standard Tekken 6 Game in a 5 rounds format. The player to win the 3 out of 5 rounds is declared the winner and awarded 2 points.

-----------------------------------------------

It clearly states that the TOP TWO PLAYERS OF THE SUPER SIX POOL WOULD FACE EACH OTHER IN A “FINALE MATCH” TO DECIDE THE WINNER OF THE TOURNEY.

The TOP TWO PLAYERS FROM THE POOLS WERE NIN-with 8points (Nin beat 4 opponents and lost only to LION HART) and LION HART(LION HART beat everyone in the pool...hmm... really.. I doubt that if it was fair)with 10points. So, these two were supposed to face off each other again as per the tourney rules. BUT THIS NEVER REALLY HAPPENED and the results were announced purely on the SUPER SIX POOL points, declaring LION HART to be the WINNER.
WTF!!?? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FINALE MATCH?? HOW FAIR WAS THAT???

OTHER COMMENTS:
Coming to LION HART himself, judging solely from his gameplay....he is a good BOB player. Sure, he may not be as good as KOR or NYC FAB, but is surely one of the finest BOB players in the country.

Bottomline
--LION HART may have beaten NIN in casuals and also in the pools at IGC, but he never did ELIMINATE NIN FROM ANY TOURNAMENT OR BEAT HIM WINNING THE IGC TOURNAMENT.... THERE IS STILL THAT MISSING FINAL GAME FROM IGC... SO IT COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY. Well what can I say, IGC was indeed a PRETTY SHIT TOURNAMENT with poor management, laggy screens and last minute rule changes. On the other hand, TEKKEN RAGE had LAG FREE MONITORS, but was poorly organized.
sunnyrulz13
1st Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I guess personal rivalry is the flavour of the month . We are really sorry that we were unable to arrange 5-star hotel for u guys at tekken rage and we were only able to pick u up in cars at bus-stand but surely we would try to arrange private jets next time .

Bottom line :

Lion Hart was unable to play with your team in casuals , thats the reason for this shit talk and i wonder who told u about the secret theory of broken stick , as nin didnt said anything about the stick.I think u should check your so called reliable sources before posting anything.Why all this talk , just challenge Lion Hart for a money match and prove to the world he is not good, simple as that.
SridharsVs
Legend
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I guess personal rivalry is the flavour of the month . We are really sorry that we were unable to arrange 5-star hotel for u guys at tekken rage and we were only able to pick u up in cars at bus-stand but surely we would try to arrange private jets next time .

Dear Sunny,
Its not about personal rivalry or anything. Also, I never complained about the hospitality. EVERYTHING WAS GREAT, especially THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS picking us up late night and dropping us to the room, having a little cozy chat to comfort us. I had lots of fun at TEKKEN RAGE especially in the casuals and in the tourney itself. IT WAS A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE TO ME.

Why all this talk , just challenge Lion Hart for a money match and prove to the world he is not good, simple as that.

I NEVER SAID ANYWHERE IN THE PREVIOUS POST THAT YOUR BRO LION HART WAS SHIT OR A PATHETIC LOSER. I FACED HIM MYSELF AT TEKKEN RAGE IN ROUND2. IN FACT, YOUR BRO IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WHO CAME CLOSE TO NIN AND BEAT HIM IN CASUALS. I KNOW HOW GOOD HE IS AND THAT I STAND NOWHERE NEAR HIS SKILL LEVEL. I HIGHLY RESPECT THAT!! LION HART IS ONE OF THE BEST TEKKEN PLAYERS IN INDIA. SO, PLEASE... STOP BITCHIN..... ABOUT MONEY MATCHES. IN MY PREVIOUS POST, I ONLY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE WAY YOUR BRO MADE IT TO THE TOP OF THE LOSERS BRACKET IN TEKKEN RAGE. TRY DENYING THAT.

Lion Hart was unable to play with your team in casuals , thats the reason for this shit talk

I NEVER SAID THAT IT WAS YOUR BROs FAULT FOR NOT PLAYING CASUALS WITH US AT TEKKEN RAGE. IT WAS OURS ALONE. WE HAD A CHANGE OF PLAN AND LEFT EARLY THAT NIGHT. IN FACT, YOUR BRO LION HART EVEN CAME TO OUR ROOM AND OFFERED TO PLAY CASUALS WITH US AFTER THE TOURNAMENT JUST WHILE WE WERE LEAVING.

i wonder who told u about the secret theory of broken stick , as nin didnt said anything about the stick.I think u should check your so called reliable sources before posting anything.

I NEVER SAID THAT NINs STICK WAS BROKEN, I ONLY MENTIONED THAT HIS STICK GAVE HIM PROBLEMS. LUVNEET HIMSELF, TOLD US THAT NIN PLAYED WITH HIS STICK AND NOT ON HIS K-FANTA. INFACT, YOU YOURSELF WERE MENTIONING ABOUT THIS IN ONE OF YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS:
Now coming over to broken stick , every international player who played with koreans know that they dont carry a single stick , if there was any problem with the stick , nin would have easily changed the stick.Even lion hart had a spare controller with him during the tournament and i think every good player has a back-up.

thats the reason for this shit talk

SHIT TALK EH.... TRY DENYING ANY OF THAT SHIT, I HAD POSTED. I JUST REPORTED MOST OF THE STUFF THAT TOOK PLACE AT BOTH THE TOURNAMENTS, SO THAT EVERYBODY WOULD KNOW. ITS NOT LIKE I HAVE SOME PERSONAL GRUDGE AGAINST YOU GUYS.

AND PLEASE DONOT TRY TO DIVERT THE TOPIC BY MENTIONING UNRELATED CRAP SUCH AS:
[B]Originally posted by sunnyrulz13
We are really sorry that we were unable to arrange 5-star hotel for u guys at tekken rage and we were only able to pick u up in cars at bus-stand but surely we would try to arrange private jets next time .

OR THIS
Why all this talk , just challenge Lion Hart for a money match and prove to the world he is not good, simple as that.
LOC
Iron Fist God
PSN: DCS_LOC_4HM
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
wow, this is bad news for India gaming...
Signature NYC TEKKEN
Gosu NY Tekken Watch me battle here :p
NY Tekken on Facebook
Real law
Frank White
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
i think what we can all agree on is that .....Bob is bullshit. lol jk.
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>