Page Splits 1...<74757677>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Junon_FD
Iron Fist God
PSN: ForMyNinjas
#1501 “Quote” Edit Post
Also, can someone give me some tips for b2~ f ws23? I can get b2~ f b2~f_f4,3 down pretty solid, but when I try and go for ws23, I get either a standing 2, or f+2.

The motion I've been using is:

b2~ f~ b~ f n 2,3 (I execute it similar to laws DSS), but it seems to be hit or miss, so I'm sure I have the notation wrong. Any advice?
Signature ForMyNinjas = Stance masher; flash master.

Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become. -- Anonymous.
Tofma
Raijin
PSN: toffeemandariini
#1502 “Quote” Edit Post
There is no f

Just b+2,f,n,b,n,2,3
Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#1503 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Junon_FD
Also, can someone give me some tips for b2~ f ws23? I can get b2~ f b2~f_f4,3 down pretty solid, but when I try and go for ws23, I get either a standing 2, or f+2.

The motion I've been using is:

b2~ f~ b~ f n 2,3 (I execute it similar to laws DSS), but it seems to be hit or miss, so I'm sure I have the notation wrong. Any advice?
I have a tip. You have to wait for a brief time after Lee initiates the Mist Step before you press back, neutral. Like, if you do b+2,f,N~b,N it is not going to work. Only when Lee is about halfway done his Mist Step can you cancel it with a Sway with b,N. I was having this problem. Try this combo:

Low Parry, d+2, b+2,f,N, 2, b+2,f,N, 1,2,f,N, b,N,2,3
Junon_FD
Iron Fist God
PSN: ForMyNinjas
#1504 “Quote” Edit Post
Eh, I figured it out using tofmas advice. I think adding the delay would confuse my muscle memory further, it's easier to do b2~ f~ b n ws23 for me on stick.

I should probably learn his staple combos, but I pretty much just use b2 over and over. My staple low parry combo has been LP, df1, b2~ f (x4) ws23.
Signature ForMyNinjas = Stance masher; flash master.

Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become. -- Anonymous.
SridharsVs
Legend
#1505 “Quote” Edit Post
You have to wait till mist step comes out completely.... try f~n~MS~ ws+23... if you perform b~n~23 before the Mist step comes out you are going to get it f+2 or a regular 2. Just make sure till Lee sways forward completely and then b~n~23... its quite easy...

Another easy trick that we use to land multiple b+2s or b+2 to ws 23 is b+2~ff~b+2~ff~b+2 etc.. Which means it is easier if you b+2~ff~b~n~23. Do the ~ff~ part at a moderate pace.. not too fast not too slow...
AZYG4LYFE
Follow The Ladder
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#1506 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys,I'm not sure if this was implemented into the PS3/Xbox version of tekken 6, but on the 3DS version you can allow command history to show the exact inputs of all sample combos (more specifically sample combo 7 for Lee) to show you the proper timing and inputs!!

Bye!

AZ
Signature #CKT, 360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th), Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd), Versus Fighting 4: Top 3 (3rd)
5% of my funds are from the Agnes Iro Agency, the rest are from hard work. I am a generous giver too.
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
ShadowKing!256
Champion
#1507 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys, how useful is lee's HMS now?

i don't really transition into it much except when i use d+3 or b+4, any other ideas to HMS useful?
Signature Don't hate me for my throws... Hate Yourself for not Breaking them!
KhronicKicks
Shihan
XBL: The Kickb0xer
#1508 “Quote” Edit Post
HMS 2 is very useful in my opinion. Pretty decent damage for a launcher and theres a lot of mix-ups you can use in a combo.
One thing that I feel is useless about HMS is the jabbing.. I doubt anyone ever uses that move. Its simple retarded
Also, HMS 3 is awesome for random ownage/damage and HMS 4 is okay
Signature GGnoRE
ShadowKing!256
Champion
#1509 “Quote” Edit Post
@KhronicKicks:

yeah... i use HMS 4, mostly a follow after CH d+4. and HMS 3 works on scrubs/bulldogs pretty well for high keep out. as for HMS 2, i rarely get a guaranteed hit on that. any useful ways to baiting people for a HMS 2?

@AZYG4LYFE:

i don't think the ps3/360 can do that though... tried it with both here. i think that feature is just for the 3DS
Signature Don't hate me for my throws... Hate Yourself for not Breaking them!
KhronicKicks
Shihan
#1510 “Quote” Edit Post
Hehe. Its not easy getting anyone to fall for your moves if their blocking constanly.. (you use King loser >.< so your an exception ). I usually get it if the opponent is away from me and runs to me or after i end a combo i quickely enter HMS and use it as a punish. Pretty much treat it like a u/f 4
Signature GGnoRE
Chokii
1st Dan
#1511 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think you can really bait anyone an HMS move quite frankly. And like KhronicKicks said the jabbing Is useless lol. But HMS2 does have a weird windup animation to It though, I notice I can Hit HMS2 pretty cleanly If say I tried to get CH d+3~4 at like range 1 and It didn't counterhit, If the opponent tryed to retaliate with say 1,2 or whatever, I HMS2 and just the windup animation alone would make the 1,2 whiff.
KhronicKicks
Shihan
#1512 “Quote” Edit Post
It is the most useful move for me after HMS 4. But for a launcher I prefer u/f 4 or f,n 3 / f, n 3,4
Signature GGnoRE
KhronicKicks
Shihan
#1513 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh yeah, another good HMS move that deals a fair amount of damage would be u/f 4 (counter). Its pretty decent move.
Signature GGnoRE
n0b0dy
King of Iron Feets
#1514 “Quote” Edit Post
What jab are you talking about? HMS 1? Actually, HMS 1 is not a useless move, it beats out jab after you do d+3~4 if the opponent likes to interrupt your HMS transition. And you can also do HMS 1,4 which tracks pretty decently.
Signature Nobody is Perfect

"There is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness."

Guard of Versoza
K-Keo
Shihan
PSN: K-Keo
#1515 “Quote” Edit Post
hms is a great stance imo. i personally use it a lot. sometimes i even use it to play mind games. the freaker jab is DEFINITELY a USEFUL move. although it can be ducked, not many people do, at least from my experiences. it's a good tool for keeping off the pressure and keeping your opponent out. just don't spam it, and change up your pattern for when you use it. don't do the typical hms 1,1 repeatedly. change it up by doing hms 1, wait a sec, then do hms 1 again, etc. delay the input and your attack pattern is what i'm trying to say. since i'm on the subject of hms 1, you can do it before a hms 3 (hms 1~3) when you're spacing out your opponent, if you input hms 1 right before you input the 3, it gives it a bit more range, catching your opponent off guard or while they're bdcing. sometimes they'll even run into it, but it's all about messing with that range.
hms 2 actually goes under highs very early in the animation, so it can high crush (i think that's what it's called. correct me if i'm wrong.) i normally do it after a move that goes into hms because a lot of people will try a jab or a high move. keep in mind, it only goes under highs EARLY in the animation.
hms 1,4 is actually another tool i use for keep out. if the 4 hits, most of the time people will try to attack, so you get a few CH options, or whatever you want to try.
hms 4 is decent for opponents who like to sleep, or after the good old CH d+3.
keep in mind these are just things that *i* personally do. so, some people might not find it useful at all.

here are some matches of mine to give you a good idea of how i use hms. unfortunately they're online, but whatever. you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSV...272AUAAAAAAAHAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Az...ef8AUAAAAAAAAAA
Signature Without struggle, there is no progress.
K-Keo
Shihan
#1516 “Quote” Edit Post
oh yeah i forgot about hms u/f+4 and u/f+3. hms u/f+3 is used as a 50/50 mixup, especially at wall because it wall splats. hms u/f+4 i use at good range away from opponent. i don't use it much, but you see me use it in a couple of the matches i think.
n0b0dy
King of Iron Feets
#1517 “Quote” Edit Post
HMS 1+2 is also a good tool, tracks decently and is safe on block. I don't really use HMS 4 that much, it has high risk low reward in my opinion, but sometimes just for the sake of mixing up I use it like once in a while.
Signature Nobody is Perfect

"There is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness."

Guard of Versoza
Chokii
1st Dan
#1518 “Quote” Edit Post
This might be old news but you can also transition Into FC after HMS u/f+3, maybe useful for mixup etc...

Last edited by Chokii on Apr 19th, 2012 at 15:52

K-Keo
Shihan
#1519 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh yeah, how could I forget about hms 1+2. A great hms move. And chokii, that is actually new news to me! Lol
Tofma
Raijin
PSN: toffeemandariini
#1520 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by n0b0dy
HMS 1 is not a useless move, it beats out jab after you do d+3~4

No it doesnt.

And it tracks everywhere. Not just "decently"
Signature