Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: X_Copies
#941 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
Honestly mixing ff+2 and ff+3 doesn't seem to completely solve the problem. Why wouldn't they just block the ff+2 and keep back dashing.

The point is finally having a good long range to add in Nina's game. Before, you always have to get up close to attack because that's what you have to do with Nina. It's definitely troublesome when people are spacing out on you and always have to get up close all the time and put yourself to danger. Wall or no wall people will still keep their distance not just by back dashing away also moving to the side and back dashing away. Will try to get you by you coming to them. When I see people playing that game, I try to land for first attack or try to end up having more life than them and do the same thing by turtling away. Now, with ff3 being less punishable and mixing with ff2 negates how the way I play against turtlers.

Personally, I think ff2 is a good move. Free ff3 after ff2, I'll take it.

what do you do with Paul when people turtle away? you phoenix smash them. Same thing applies to ff2/ff3.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#942 “Quote” Edit Post
I wouldn't mind if they block and keep back dashing away. As long things don't wiff. I want to let them know that I also have reach and need to think twice before trying to bait me for a wiff. Since they know Nina's game is short range so they try to space out and look for wiffs and if she gets any closer then they'll try to counter with magic 4 or df2 something like that. If she successful does get close. They fight/defend then space out again when the time is right. The two ingredients they'll apply to win against Nina. I would do that in a Nina mirror match or me just playing against Nina in general in BR of course.
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#943 “Quote” Edit Post
FF+2 is good but not my favorite move...if its + on hit or maybe same as ff+3 on CH it might be one of my favorite! throwing ff+2 is like wishing upon a star to connect!
10saitoni
MOAR PRACTICE DESU!
PSN: Tensaitoni
XBL: <UM> <JIBRILIST>
#944 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
The point is finally having a good long range to add in Nina's game. Before, you always have to get up close to attack because that's what you have to do with Nina. It's definitely troublesome when people are spacing out on you and always have to get up close all the time and put yourself to danger. Wall or no wall people will still keep their distance not just by back dashing away also moving to the side and back dashing away. Will try to get you by you coming to them. When I see people playing that game, I try to land for first attack or try to end up having more life than them and do the same thing by turtling away. Now, with ff3 being less punishable and mixing with ff2 negates how the way I play against turtlers.

Personally, I think ff2 is a good move. Free ff3 after ff2, I'll take it.

what do you do with Paul when people turtle away? you phoenix smash them. Same thing applies to ff2/ff3.

FF+2 is a good tool but its not so great. i do throw it time to time catching backdashers but It has lousy tracking. Pretty seeable too with FF motion.

In unlimited, i prefer Db+2, the buff pretty much helps with the spacing since its safe and tracks. The only problem is if you throw it too close or too far, you get launched since its pretty damn slow. it has to be the exact distance. It closes the gap if they do block and pretty much stop steppers. And if you are lucky, it will ch and give you a free combo. Plus If you want some red bar, the crumple stun actually gives you enough frames to tag out(even though its not taggable) but your partner should have a quick pickup move. Anna d+4,1 works like a charm. Not to mention lars db2,1.

On a side note. LOLZ, Lars Nina has a red bar combo from SS1+2. Which is not the case with the other chars partnered with nina.

SSR 1+2, deep dash d+3,2~5, Lars Db2,1, Db2~DF~SE Df+1b!= EFFIN RIDICULOUS
Signature B!lovedω

Beware the Underdog
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#945 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 10saitoni
FF+2 is a good tool but its not so great. i do throw it time to time catching backdashers but It has lousy tracking. Pretty seeable too with FF motion.

In unlimited, i prefer Db+2, the buff pretty much helps with the spacing since its safe and tracks. The only problem is if you throw it too close or too far, you get launched since its pretty damn slow. it has to be the exact distance. It closes the gap if they do block and pretty much stop steppers. And if you are lucky, it will ch and give you a free combo. Plus If you want some red bar, the crumple stun actually gives you enough frames to tag out(even though its not taggable) but your partner should have a quick pickup move. Anna d+4,1 works like a charm. Not to mention lars db2,1.

On a side note. LOLZ, Lars Nina has a red bar combo from SS1+2. Which is not the case with the other chars partnered with nina.

SSR 1+2, deep dash d+3,2~5, Lars Db2,1, Db2~DF~SE Df+1b!= EFFIN RIDICULOUS

ff2 doesn't have to be great for me to like the move. Yeah, ff2 is a not a bad move at all. I can definitely make a use out of it. Now on db2 would be a better choice to use against turtlers. That also has range and on top of that it tracks and goes under highs.

so is db2 really safe on block? I'm hearing both sides of the story where it's safe now or it's more punishable. Which is it?
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#946 “Quote” Edit Post
It's safe

ZTS's translations can be wrong sometimes lol
Signature "I Still haven't forgiven myself for the Mona business, but i knew that was just grief".
Max Payne.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#947 “Quote” Edit Post
well I hope so. db2 is going to be too good.
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#948 “Quote” Edit Post
well I hope so. db2 is going to be too good.

Move over 1+4, you've got a competitor!
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#949 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by psylence
Move over 1+4, you've got a competitor!

you got a point. I don't think 1+4 is that bad as people think of it since it doesn't put people on crouch on block. It did lose it's tracking abilities but only -5 on block. I dunno, I might prefer db2 for tracking, high crush, and of course the damage that can lead a juggle on CH.
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#950 “Quote” Edit Post
you got a point. I don't think 1+4 is that bad as people think of it since it doesn't put people on crouch on block. It did lose it's tracking abilities but only -5 on block. I dunno, I might prefer db2 for tracking, high crush, and of course the damage that can lead a juggle on CH.

Naw, 1+4 is still pretty good... unless they changed it again for TTTU. Not speaking from personal experience, since I don't have it yet but in videos I've seen it track really well still.
10saitoni
MOAR PRACTICE DESU!
PSN: Tensaitoni
XBL: <UM> <JIBRILIST>
#951 “Quote” Edit Post
ff2 doesn't have to be great for me to like the move. Yeah, ff2 is a not a bad move at all. I can definitely make a use out of it. Now on db2 would be a better choice to use against turtlers. That also has range and on top of that it tracks and goes under highs.

so is db2 really safe on block? I'm hearing both sides of the story where it's safe now or it's more punishable. Which is it?

Yep, i tested it thoroughly. Its roughly -8 on block since i can still counter if he tries to punished with jabs. its one of my fav moves lately.

As for 1+4, *sigh* regrettably since TTT2 even in TTT2U, It whiffs much often not like in BR.
Signature B!lovedω

Beware the Underdog
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#952 “Quote” Edit Post
f~1+4 works wonders to solve tracking issues
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#953 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 10saitoni
Yep, i tested it thoroughly. Its roughly -8 on block since i can still counter if he tries to punished with jabs. its one of my fav moves lately.

As for 1+4, *sigh* regrettably since TTT2 even in TTT2U, It whiffs much often not like in BR.

Yeah, my 1+4 got side walked quite often in TTT2 vanilla. Either the movement has improved or her 1+4 doesn't track as well as it did in BR. Well Galen suggested f1+4. I'm going to test that when TUTT2 comes out at my location.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: ForestSkies
#954 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, my 1+4 got side walked quite often in TTT2 vanilla. Either the movement has improved or her 1+4 doesn't track as well as it did in BR. Well Galen suggested f1+4. I'm going to test that when TUTT2 comes out at my location.
I missed you on EWGFridays Are you going to let WCgaylow take third next time?
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#955 “Quote” Edit Post
Sadly, Galo is moving his way up among the ranks in SoCal. I think it's going to be hard for WeapX to beat him, even though I'd rather see WeapX win.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#956 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
I missed you on EWGFridays Are you going to let WCgaylow take third next time?

Once you go TTT2, you'll never go back to T6 haha. I'm actually waiting for TUTT2 before I get serious again.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#957 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
Sadly, Galo is moving his way up among the ranks in SoCal. I think it's going to be hard for WeapX to beat him, even though I'd rather see WeapX win.

That's fine, I like the competition
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#958 “Quote” Edit Post
Once you go TTT2, you'll never go back to T6 haha. I'm actually waiting for TUTT2 before I get serious again.
You are extremely privileged to live where you do. Now I just think you might be a has-been. When Tag 2 comes out, there will probably be a Tekken 7 or SF5 trailer and then you will just say you are waiting for those games.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#959 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
You are extremely privileged to live where you do. Now I just think you might be a has-been. When Tag 2 comes out, there will probably be a Tekken 7 or SF5 trailer and then you will just say you are waiting for those games.

Ok I really had to read your post several times to understand what you meant. I think the has-been you were referring to is someone just dropping the game completely and waiting for the next version to come out once the news gets out.

I'm not a has-been because I just played TTT2. My head is really wrapped around that game as in my mind is really wired to TTT2. I'm so use to the changes in TTT2 able to play under those changes. If I were to go back playing T6, I feel like going backwards.

I still play T6 but I want my Friday night to be other than T6 for this time around
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#960 “Quote” Edit Post
OK. I was very disappointed is all.