Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
JuStBlAzEiTuP
Iron Fist God
PSN: Warm_Rhino_Poo
#1681 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jeizon
How do you do a quick PAB after a duck/crouch, cause I see some steve players do this.
Thanks in advance.

i personally just tap b (back) or u (up) then tap f3+4. others may do it diffferently. works for me though.
Signature NO PRACTICE= deserving losses
3-0 Done Representative
The Steve of GA
www.gmma.us
jeizon
Kyu
#1682 “Quote” Edit Post
Heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1c3kD186I
at approximately 1:15 the DCK to quick PAB d+1.

How did he do it that quick? Any tips or strageies?

@JuStBlAzEiTuP I did'nt think that tapping b or u will do to get into quick PAB while DCK , but anyways thanks for the info
Signature + = Owned!!!
Trukki7
7th Dan
PSN: Trukki3
#1683 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jeizon
Heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1c3kD186I
at approximately 1:15 the DCK to quick PAB d+1.

How did he do it that quick? Any tips or strageies?

@JuStBlAzEiTuP I did'nt think that tapping b or u will do to get into quick PAB while DCK , but anyways thanks for the info

In TTT2 you can do the PAB d1 from FC. It was FC df1 if I remember right.
Signature Metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HpBs_ri808
jukstine
6th Dan
#1684 “Quote” Edit Post
What is the fastest launcher of steve which is about 15-16f ??
Signature Hey you, you wanna try me guv??
Shut up already. .
com' on

GOOD practice makes perfect. .
Trukki7
7th Dan
#1685 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jukstine
What is the fastest launcher of steve which is about 15-16f ??

For stable punishing its uf2 witch is i19 :S
But I think PAB df2 can be done in i17 or so. Havent tested it tho.
Steves best punish for i15 is ff2 and for i16 db32 if enemy is close enough.
Signature Metal!
TheSleepyOne
Kyu
XBL: russ42790
#1686 “Quote” Edit Post
Umm... My friend wanted me to help him learn Steve so I ended up practicing him, despite NOT wanting to learn him. But now I figure hey why not... I kno not a lot of people on the zaibatsu forums play on xbox but if anyone could help me with Steve so I could probably in turn help my friend (he's currently a grabber/ db+2 Steve) it would be greatly appreciated. I mainly use ling and julia, sometimes Nina and Lars. My GT on xbl is russ42790.
KhronicKicks
Shihan
XBL: The Kickb0xer
#1687 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you pull off a wildman in a combo? I do f2 -> d/f 1~2 -> f21 b -> f dash cancel and it doesn't work im too slow. What am I doing wrong
Signature GGnoRE
thebee362
Kyu
#1688 “Quote” Edit Post
Can someone tell me the way you are supposed to do f,f,f 2 from close up? I don't mean the notation I mean the move
thebee362
Kyu
#1689 “Quote” Edit Post
Can someone tell me the way you are supposed to do f,f,f 2 from close up? I don't mean the notation I mean the move
thebee362
Kyu
#1690 “Quote” Edit Post
blackninja14
2nd Dan
PSN: Blackninja14
#1691 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by thebee362

fff2 is almost newer used.
ff2 is.
this should help ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=142AkKLp6XI

Fight me i am a steve player psn is my username
Ahmada0
5th Dan
PSN: AhmadSJ
#1692 “Quote” Edit Post
After a f21, how do you go quickly into a duck?
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#1693 “Quote” Edit Post
is steve a relatively easy character to play? i am choosing between lars and him
Signature FlyMagpie*

tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
XBL: Untouchabletony
#1694 “Quote” Edit Post
Steve is one of the most difficult character to use in this game hands down besides mishimas. Be prepared to spend alot of time learning his wall setups and combos.
Signature B+2 and PAB we wildin out!!
-=StReeTz=-
-SKULLDUGGERY-
PSN: XxStReeTzxX
#1695 “Quote” Edit Post
So can someone explain the DCK cancelling again. Im sure this is beaten to death with this character but iv'e been trying to do it for the longest and i cant get it.

What puzzles me is that sometimes when i put the D/B in it cancels the DCK but other times the D/B goes in but it doesnt cancel the DCK and i just get DCK~1.

Edit: Yeah i can't do this consistently at all. I can do it, but not one after the other. If my FLK stance doesnt come out because of an unintentional d/b after the F+2,1 then my DCK doesnt cancel. Always something with this shit.

Note: Inputting the d/b as soon as you see the duck is to early unless you hold it for a split second longer then you normally would. Iv'e gotten some success with delaying my d/b input more towards the middle of the DCK animation but i still cant do it consistently.

-And that's the bottom line cause StReeTz said so...

Last edited by -=StReeTz=- on May 13th, 2012 at 12:23

Signature I hide behind sarcasm because you obviously didn't grasp the concept the last 4 times you changed my profile.
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#1696 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -=StReeTz=-
So can someone explain the DCK cancelling again. Im sure this is beaten to death with this character but iv'e been trying to do it for the longest and i cant get it.

What puzzles me is that sometimes when i put the D/B in it cancels the DCK but other times the D/B goes in but it doesnt cancel the DCK and i just get DCK~1.

Edit: Yeah i can't do this consistently at all. I can do it, but not one after the other. If my FLK stance doesnt come out because of an unintentional d/b after the F+2,1 then my DCK doesnt cancel. Always something with this shit.

Note: Inputting the d/b as soon as you see the duck is to early unless you hold it for a split second longer then you normally would. Iv'e gotten some success with delaying my d/b input more towards the middle of the DCK animation but i still cant do it consistently.

I'm new to steve too, and I find it works best to just slide from F to D/B, N, and then WS 1,2. It just takes practice. I would recommend practicing F+3 into DCK Cancel WS 1,2 first, then practice it after f+2,1 ~FLK, then practice the juggle.

What I'm having trouble is is getting into ALB. What move can you do it from? FLK 1 or something? I find the transition to be very slow and I can't use it as a combo ender from a low parry.
Trukki7
7th Dan
#1697 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QuarterHungaryn
What I'm having trouble is is getting into ALB. What move can you do it from? FLK 1 or something? I find the transition to be very slow and I can't use it as a combo ender from a low parry.

Yea FLK1 is about the only move that is used to get ALB in combos. And if it comes too slow it might be cuz you are not going into FLK again after FLK1. Meaning you have to hold b after it too.
Signature Metal!
EndTimes
War Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#1698 “Quote” Edit Post
I like how the steve fox forums is really stepping it up and helping people -_- unlike other forums.
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
-=StReeTz=-
-SKULLDUGGERY-
PSN: XxStReeTzxX
#1699 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
I like how the steve fox forums is really stepping it up and helping people -_- unlike other forums.

Well i generally answer a lot of the questions about Lars in the Lars forums. Him being my main character and all. I think it's because most people have moved on to the TTT2 forums.

@QuarterHungaryn
Well when i attempt to do this i dont get the cancel because i assume the D/B was put in to early...which is one of the reason's his duck cancel annoys me. It doesnt feel like im cancelling anything but instead feels as if im waiting until the animation is almost over then putting the D/b in.

Last edited by -=StReeTz=- on May 14th, 2012 at 18:59

Signature I hide behind sarcasm because you obviously didn't grasp the concept the last 4 times you changed my profile.
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#1700 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -=StReeTz=-

Well when i attempt to do this i dont get the cancel because i assume the D/B was put in to early...which is one of the reason's his duck cancel annoys me. It doesnt feel like im cancelling anything but instead feels as if im waiting until the animation is almost over then putting the D/b in.

Yeah, it is really unfamiliar at first, but you just need to get used to it. Maybe try practicing his wavedash (d/f+3~d/b d/f+3 d/b...) then just try doing the N WS+1,2. You'll get it eventually.

Also thank you for the help regarding ALB, but what notation do you use to get into ALB from FLK? If I press 3+4 he just goes into the thing where he sways, like what happens when you press standing 3