Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
yeah now that you mention it i noticed that when they starts to turtle my FC mix ups are almost always successful... aside from df1(2), duck jabs and jabs, whats are good moves to imply to make opponents turtle?

and for the JF, thank god, i was afraid to get ridiculed as an anna player coz i really cant do it properly

I used to have her jf consistent, but I stopped using it because her generic wall combo usually does more damage, unless you space it right. its a fun techtrap that guarentees a round though.

as far as getting your fc mixups on. use ff+2 df+4 then dash into fc. if they roll back ws+2 will hit, if they stay down fc f+2 will hit them, and if they tech, they tech into a mixup. Even on block, ff+2 will be great advantage, and it tracks well. there's a lot of ways to get into fc to try and do a mixup, but most can be sidewalked or interrupted, so you'll have to use ff+2, blocking and sidewalking/sstepping to keep them on their toes.

if you block a low, you might as well go for a mixup since her ws punishemnt sucks.
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Does ws+3~b guarentee anything when it hits the opponents back?
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
maybe a CJM booty.

Too bad T6's practice mode is ass... other wise testing would be easy!
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Boggie1
4th Dan
PSN: Boggie1
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
A little question for all you Anna gods in here

her 1 on block is +1, on hit is +8, wouldn't that be a good punisher, especially if you incorporate it very well with good SS'ng, plus its like if it hits at zero range, you always get a df+4 guaranteed or a df+1+2 (and this is usually a CH)

Now does df+4 on hit guarantee her db+4 series (and yes i know these moves are very unsafe but, i for one, still like to use every single move a character has) so to the gods here (aka Galen and co.) your input is appreciated.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Boggie1

her 1 on block is +1, on hit is +8, wouldn't that be a good punisher, especially if you incorporate it very well with good SS'ng, plus its like if it hits at zero range, you always get a df+4 guaranteed or a df+1+2 (and this is usually a CH)

Now does df+4 on hit guarantee her db+4 series (and yes i know these moves are very unsafe but, i for one, still like to use every single move a character has) so to the gods here (aka Galen and co.) your input is appreciated.
Being plus on hit does not mean you get a combo, it just means they are stunned for the plus frames.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Boggie1

Standing 1 is an okay punisher, but 9 times out of 10 it's better to go for the guaranteed damage from 2,3. The ONLY time I would take the standing 1 is if it would prevent the opponent from going into rage by doing 1,2 or 2,3.

d/f+4 on hit doesn't guarantee anything at all... they can block anything you do after d/f+4. About using every move a character has I would avoid that with Anna. d/b+4 series is kinda doo doo... Although I'd use d/b+4,4 for a floor break every now and then cause it does beefy damage.
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
right, stick with 2,3 or 1,2
1,2 into df, df+1 for opponents that can't break throws

My Anna Oki Video
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Taxi, I've done only a 1 or 2 to prevent rage!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
I would just do 1,2 (rage is activated), f+2+4 or df+1 or whatever other mid options or low options aftger the 1,2. I would not just stop my offense because of rage, I would want to get the KO. If they defend properly, then fine, this is a man's game, I can deal with that.
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
but Anna isn't necessarily a man's character, demographically speaking, she really doesn't have the same appeal as Marduk or Jack. She attracts people of the effeminate propensity.

Anyways, I'm all for doing a 1, and then turtling if you have a big lead and you want to avoid your opponent from getting rage.

Soooo, what do you guys usually follow up with after a successful FC f+2? Another FC f+2 isn't guarenteed, I've seen quite a few people block it, although I'm not sure how they did it.

My Anna Oki Video
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
a few questions here

1. things to do after a ch fc f2?
2.df1 ff343, is that df1 really necessary i cant land the damn thing.
Signature FlyMagpie*

Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
1: CH fc f+2 d+4,1, db+1 B! dash db+1 Fc f+2
According to my practice mode endeavors, it's completely guaranteed. They can reduce the damage by rolling back, but if they roll back on a breakable floor, then you get another Bound Usually, opponent would be able to stand up and block the FC f+2, but the weird axis makes them stand up weird and they get hit by it, they can't side roll it either. In fact, I'm using this setup/combo in my oki video I'm making
furthermore, I'm Mr. Taxi Trademarking it right now. ^_^

2: It's not necessary, but it's not that difficult. You just have to dash for the df+1, and dash for the ff+3,4,3. It's not necessarily necessary, but it does increase the damage and wall carry slightly. I don't really use it though because I usually end my juggles with a spike or ff+3,4,3 or uf+1,3,3+4. Whatever takes'm to the wall. If you're a good player, you can win without it, if you're not, it won't really make that much of a difference....

My Anna Oki Video
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks, another thing im trying to learn anna coz im looking for a main tag partner for miguel so im kinda starting with her in BR (still choosing between her and zafina).

1. whats her best M4 combo?
2. how to optimize her wall game?
3. and could you please check out my b&b and tell me if i can improve something or add more
-df2 df3,2~df1 db1 B!
-ch fc f1/ws2/ff3 df1 df32~ss 3 B!
-fc df2 fc df4,1 f2 db1 B!
-and the ch fc f2 suggestion combo (thank you mr taxi ^^V)
-ch qcf1 uf~n~4 df3,2~ss3 b!
im currently having problems when her staple magic 4 and CH uf1,3,3+4 the timing with the dashing is kinda hard.
4. and lastly, what are her pressure moves and mind games outside of crouch?

thank you so much for whoever shall answer and answered my questions

Last edited by CrimsonSe7en on Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:40

Signature FlyMagpie*

Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
1: In my opinion, her most consistent magic 4 combo is Magic 4 ff n 1, df+3,2~ss+3 B! I think there's a better one that has really strict timing requiring qcf+1, but I don't know it off of memory.

2: Use ff+2's, df+1,2, df+4, b+4, 4, qcf+1, hit confirming qcf+3,2 and ss+1+2 to keep pressure on your opponent at the wall. db+3+4,3 isn't that bad either.

3: After df+2, you should use df+1, df+3,2~ss+3 B!
As for the difficulty with uf+1,3,3+4 and magic 4. It just takes practice.

4: ff+2 works wonders, it's +5 and has pretty decent tracking. When the wall is to your right, you also get a juggle. In the open, you can get df+4 for free, and you get a FC mixup/oki setups afterwards.
df+4, df+1 and df+1,2 are great pokes. You can also throw out the 3 or 4 extension from df+1,2 is you want to keep your opponent on their toes.

qcf+4 is also really good, you can get into crouch with it, you're on negative, but their's a lot of pushback, and you can sidewalk a lot of stuff right after. It's really good if you use it right.

qcf+1 is +1 on block, so you could get a magic 4 right after. It also has really good recovery, so you can whiff qcf+1, and then duck their jab punish or block and punish what they did if it's unsafe.

She also has really good oki setups. A lot of them in fact. I'm making a video, so whenever that's done, it should be of help.

You can Counter Hit confirm uf+1, 3, 3+4 so that's good. You can also do uf+1, delay 3 and hope for a counter hit, but some characters have moves that will not only interrupt it if you attempt to complete it on block, but also punish it if you stop(Jack comes to mind) So be careful with that.

df, df+1 is a great throw to use when you're applying pressure with pokes and ff+2's.

My Anna Oki Video
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr. Taxi
1: In my opinion, her most consistent magic 4 combo is Magic 4 ff n 1, df+3,2~ss+3 B! I think there's a better one that has really strict timing requiring qcf+1, but I don't know it off of memory.

2: Use ff+2's, df+1,2, df+4, b+4, 4, qcf+1, hit confirming qcf+3,2 and ss+1+2 to keep pressure on your opponent at the wall. db+3+4,3 isn't that bad either.

3: After df+2, you should use df+1, df+3,2~ss+3 B!
As for the difficulty with uf+1,3,3+4 and magic 4. It just takes practice.

4: ff+2 works wonders, it's +5 and has pretty decent tracking. When the wall is to your right, you also get a juggle. In the open, you can get df+4 for free, and you get a FC mixup/oki setups afterwards.
df+4, df+1 and df+1,2 are great pokes. You can also throw out the 3 or 4 extension from df+1,2 is you want to keep your opponent on their toes.

qcf+4 is also really good, you can get into crouch with it, you're on negative, but their's a lot of pushback, and you can sidewalk a lot of stuff right after. It's really good if you use it right.

qcf+1 is +1 on block, so you could get a magic 4 right after. It also has really good recovery, so you can whiff qcf+1, and then duck their jab punish or block and punish what they did if it's unsafe.

She also has really good oki setups. A lot of them in fact. I'm making a video, so whenever that's done, it should be of help.

You can Counter Hit confirm uf+1, 3, 3+4 so that's good. You can also do uf+1, delay 3 and hope for a counter hit, but some characters have moves that will not only interrupt it if you attempt to complete it on block, but also punish it if you stop(Jack comes to mind) So be careful with that.

df, df+1 is a great throw to use when you're applying pressure with pokes and ff+2's.

I would say you've wrapped up Anna quite well. You just forgot her CAT mixups. She has so many options from CAT and if the opponent isn't aware of the transitions then you will find yourself often scoring CAT db+3,3s (her best low). She can go into CAT from standing by b+3 (Isn't very effective, so you'll need to surprise your opponent by doing transitions which I will list)
df+1,2,3~b
df+3, 1~b
WS+3 ~b (Very Good)
If you play the same person for long enough they may start trying to interrupt your transitions, and if thats the case then you should perhaps mix up the actual string instead of going into CAT.
I'm pretty sure theres one I've forgotten, but she has so many tools and options in CAT it would be silly to not use them. She can go into her crouch dash, has a fast launch (uf+4), fast poke (2,1) GREAT low (db+3,3) and a CH launcher (3) that, while unsafe many people wouldn't think that it is so wouldn't even bother throwing out jabs (Don't know how bad it is on block, maybe -12?)

B+3 also acts as a sort of low parry, because if they do a low while you're in cat then you will automaticcaly get an uf+4 launch. Sigh, if only she had CAT uf+4 from standing...
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
df+3,1~b and all extensions of df+3 are generally bad against someone who knows that all extensions are high, you'll get ducked and punished. A simple low jab after a blocked df+3 will interrupt every option except for df+3,3,3 because that jails. The CJM transition won't be fast enough to auto parry the low jab, sadly.

I don't really use CJM db+3,3 much, and I don't think that's her best low either. I think df+4, and FC df+2 are better. It might just be my personal preference, but I very rarely use CJM db+3,3.

B+3 is great if you're getting poked up, and you think there's gonna be a low next. It's better than a hopkick when this happens. Why? Because if you guess right, you get a free launch. If you guess wrong, you'll eat a poke, and going into stance won't make it CH. If you did a hopkick, you might get floated, or worse, CH launched.

I think the best ways to get a CJM mixup are
after punishing with ws+3~b CJM. You're at +9
and at the wall ss+3/db+1 B! ff+3,4,3~b CJM if they tech, they tech into a mixup
and at the wall ss+3/db+1 B! df+3,2 db+1 ws+3~b

Also db+1 is good. Safe mid that can go into FC.

My Anna Oki Video
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
I approve on Taxi!
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
i went to the arcade today i seem can't to play her properly i dont know how to approach my enemy ... haha, crap, anna is hard to play than i imagined to the point that i can play zafina more better x(
Signature FlyMagpie*

Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
Which characters does W! ss+3 B! df+3,2 ff+3,4,3 work on?

Dragunov, Miguel, and who else?

My Anna Oki Video
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
regarding the df1 ff343 ender again please.. i only have two issues.. its either i land the df1 and do 3,4 after wards or do a freaking duck jab then whiff the ff343

funny how i manage to pull of her jf within a week and i cant even do this

Last edited by CrimsonSe7en on Apr 14th, 2012 at 16:59

Signature FlyMagpie*