Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
The damage on ub+2 is pretty good. It would be without a doubt a scary move it it became faster or less punishable. I only use is sparingly just like ff+1+2. Usually I use it when I anticipate an opponent attacking from very close range or as you said a whiff punish. It would be a shame if they didnt improve it.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally find time to visit the arcade again today for a game. Tested on that ff+1+2 charge, it does a short stun, but silly me didn't test the non-charge version.
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wooden-man
Wow so much changes.
I didn't even have time to study the difference between t6br to ttt2 and now ttt2ud hahaha
Guess I'm really outdated, as I was comparing t6 with ttt2ud. So much diffenerence in frames and damage.

Anyway, I was at the arcade last night and when I was about to leave, I saw someone connects db1+2 b! right after db+4. Not sure if it's new.

I saw this combo listed in inatekken too
I was trying the whole day, but can't connect it at all.
Anyone else did this?
adipati
AdvG thatgarlicguy
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
yesterday i managed to play TTT2U after a month absent.
and i havent manage to test much besides ff+1+2 charged and non-charged.
on charged, we stunned opponents like ws+1+2 on hit. nothing guaranteed i think
on normal, they still the same KND.
and the charging itself takes time. enough to get us launched out of it.

from the official site, the changes for Feng are:
f+4 - techincal change?
db+4 - homing
ff+1+2 - now hold possible but got lowered attack power
???3 (running 3) - damage increased

Last edited by adipati on Apr 14th, 2012 at 04:13

Signature head of Advance Guard
the Indonesian Fighting Games Community
http://www.facebook.com/AdvanceGuard
https://twitter.com/AdvanceGuardtv
http://www.youtube.com/advanceguardtv
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
-----
Mundo -
Does anyone have a summary of all of the changes that have been made to Feng for TTT2U?

----

f+4 can tag out after (only useful if your partner has a low hitting B! move)
db+4 homing
ff+1+2 can hold to charge
ws+3 more damage

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...367#post4501367

funny how so much attention is made on feng's ff+1+2 even though most of us wont ever need to use it.
all i want for feng is uf+2 to have auto punch parry. i dont need the other random buffs.
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#146 “Quote” Edit Post

funny how so much attention is made on feng's ff+1+2 even though most of us wont ever need to use it.
all i want for feng is uf+2 to have auto punch parry. i dont need the other random buffs.

So true! lol

Yea I'm upset about the punch parry. I can't lie though, that shit got us out of way too much. I think it's fair that they removed the parry, I can't be upset with that. I'm sure it still gets out and around many strings or traps regardless with buffed side stepping.

I kinda hate qcf2...I wish they kept the old punch but made it safer. I actually used it quite a bit for whiff punishment. Hate that there are 2 qcf launches when qcf3 is safer.

I also wish they'd make is f+2 a 14 frame attack. But only mishimas seem to get awesome 14 frame CH attacks (Kaz df+2, Devil Jin's b,f+2)
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
not too sure about uf+2, but compared to t6 the ss ability seem smaller now?
I remember what makes this move annoying is the ss ability, it evades a lot of non-tracking moves especially up close, where i can get all the way to their side sometimes against moves that dash forward i can almost get all the way to their back, swooping direction, but now i experience a few time where I trade hit with with non tracking moves and at time I even get interrupted, but it don't happen very often so its still consider annoying to many.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anyone noticed inatekken wiki states BT+1 on NH giving +14?
if that is true, we have a 12 frame jab that on block is almost neutral, and on any hit, allows us to do 50 damage. pretty amazing stuff as we no longer have to hit confirm the counter.

Originally posted by OffInBed
I kinda hate qcf2...I wish they kept the old punch but made it safer. I actually used it quite a bit for whiff punishment. Hate that there are 2 qcf launches when qcf3 is safer.

you should try ssr, qcf+2. it's very evasive almost 100% high crush, you cant get floated out of it and there is something about the animation that makes people duck.

my opponents said it somehow looked like db+2 so they tried ducking, which is weird because db+2 shouldnt be duckable on reaction... yet they try to duck qcf+2

Originally posted by retsu_himura
not too sure about uf+2, but compared to t6 the ss ability seem smaller now?
I remember what makes this move annoying is the ss ability, it evades a lot of non-tracking moves especially up close, where i can get all the way to their side sometimes against moves that dash forward i can almost get all the way to their back, swooping direction, but now i experience a few time where I trade hit with with non tracking moves and at time I even get interrupted, but it don't happen very often so its still consider annoying to many.

i dont use uf+2 as much, as the removal of punch parry means it is less useful.

T6-BR: uf+2 parried at roughly the 3rd frame and then had an active window, then had a huge sidestep left. meaning after scenarios where we were up to -7 (or opponent was +7) we could use the move and probably make it parry/hit
TTT2u: uf+2 now does nothing at the 3rd frame, which means that you will get interrupted if you chose to use it in the above scenario.

in terms of actual sidestep, its still the same. but i do think the mechanic of the move has changed. in BR feng would sidestep left and move forward slightly, whereas in TTT2u they made feng just sidestep left without much advancing forward.

so in BR scenario someone dashes in, you use uf+2; feng ss and advances forward meaning further towards opponent's back, so there is a higher chance of hitting the side. in TTT2u without moving forward as much its pretty much a sidestep + hit move.

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey, does Feng's u+2 still bound? Why don't Feng users use it at all? (not that I expect them too anyways)

Someone should try this when their opponents at the wall:

u+2, then throw out 4 after they block and hope for a CH 4 and a wall splat.

Probably another thing that won't be used THAT much but might be awesome at an intense moment.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
adipati
AdvG thatgarlicguy
#150 “Quote” Edit Post

well, since that was the first time i checked TTT2U, surely the rumour of charged ff+1+2 caught my interest. and i had to try it myself. too bad, its worthless.
oh well, i dont think Feng needs any buff or nerf atm. he's doing fine right now.
but i'll keep my finger crossed on the console release. since they announced, there'll be more character, so it might be some more changes.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
lol my comment wasnt targeted at you adipati Was just a general comment

Offinbed- u2 is only practical in a juggle after f4~b but timing is somewhat strict.

U2 is quite slow n tracking is not great. It probably is useful like the scenario you mentioned, but it's not something that comes to mind normally

adipati
AdvG thatgarlicguy
#152 “Quote” Edit Post
btw, yip_noob. did you manage to participate in ozhadou nationals?
i only see handsomeboi there
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#153 “Quote” Edit Post
nope sorry, i was in hong kong at the time of ohn.
but yes handsomeboi's a very good player, especially in terms of defence and spacing. would be better in ttt2u if he played more as he hasnt received enough exposure to the game imo.

wooden-man
Fujin
#154 “Quote” Edit Post
Drop by the arcade to a few games today, guess I hasn't get familiar with to system yet. Every visit I learn new stuff, finally I've gotten the feel of ending with 3~4,3. Its today that I found out that if u does a 3hit of more filler, usually the main character will switch in right after the second filler hit, guess I'm too slow to realised that, no wonder I whiff so many 3~4,3 in the past. lol.
Signature demotion risk

wooden-man
Fujin
#155 “Quote” Edit Post
Got to warn u ppl about BT hopkick uf+4, not sure if this is a generic changes but it seem to have bad range.
I tried getting into BT mixup on block with 2,4,1~b and 3,3,4~b, then opponent starts crouching to duck my BT throw, and when I i tried BT uf+4, it totally whiff.
Never do this mixup on block.
The distant is within normal throw range, the BT uf+4 animation looks like the kick has already touches the opponent, but it just whiff through.
Maybe it has something to do with character's size? Not sure, but I feel it only hit really up close opponent now.

Anyway, played many 1vs1 matches with feng today, finishing wall with f4,3 b!, 3,3,4 is really good for setting up a BT oki games, really love it now. But when vs tag, the mixup can be easily escape with 2+5 tag out.

Last edited by wooden-man on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:56

Signature demotion risk

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#156 “Quote” Edit Post
Got to warn u ppl about BT hopkick uf+4, not sure if this is a generic changes but it seem to have bad range.
I tried getting into BT mixup on block with 2,4,1~b and 3,3,4~b, then opponent starts crouching to duck my BT throw, and when I i tried BT uf+4, it totally whiff.
The distant is within normal throw range, the BT uf+4 animation looks like the kick has already touches the opponent, but it just whiff through.
Maybe it has something to do with character's size? Not sure, but I feel it only hit really up close opponent now.

Anyway, played many 1vs1 matches with feng today, finishing wall with f4,3 b!, 3,3,4 is really good for setting up a BT oki games, really love it now. But when vs tag, the mixup can be easily escape with 2+5 tag out.

Nah, it's pretty much generic BT hopkick having bad range and weird hit box, where it can be duck outside of point blank range, but hit standing opponents at the same range...but honestly BT 2,2 been a knockdown without counter is good enough as a mid BT option.
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#157 “Quote” Edit Post

Going into BT from a block puts u into high disadvantage, mixing up in this situation isn't that favorable.
Also I believe on block, the distant is further apart.
However, I've definitely tried BT uf+4 against opponent that likes doing d+1 when I go BT, but I don't recall whiffing any of it (maybe d+1 draws the distant closer?)
Are u saying that if they just plainly crouch, the kick will whiff?
Not sure if this has anything to do with size, u whiffed against which character?
Need to test this one out, too bad I don't have a partner to help me test this.
wooden-man
Fujin
#158 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by retsu_himura
Going into BT from a block puts u into high disadvantage, mixing up in this situation isn't that favorable.
Also I believe on block, the distant is further apart.
However, I've definitely tried BT uf+4 against opponent that likes doing d+1 when I go BT, but I don't recall whiffing any of it (maybe d+1 draws the distant closer?)
Are u saying that if they just plainly crouch, the kick will whiff?
Not sure if this has anything to do with size, u whiffed against which character?
Need to test this one out, too bad I don't have a partner to help me test this.

Yup, whiffed on plain crouching against Leo today.
I think 2,4,1b on block should be the same distance as on hit.
Indeed, the mixup is very weak on block with high disadvantage, but it's kind of a mental thing. Cancelling the 3rd hit make many players confuse and hesitant, I've seen even arcade regulars with high ranking falling for it on block.
Signature demotion risk

yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#159 “Quote” Edit Post
@wooden-man - its just the way namco designed generic BT uf+4. it doesnt matter which character you are against, afaik all BT uf+4 will encounter the same issue. it's registered as a mid, starts off as a mid but near the end of its animation somehow has properties of a high. if your opponent is further than a certain range (i believe range 2 or so) then they will standing-block it if standing or will crouch under the attack if crouching. i've encountered the same issue with raven.

the easiest way to show this is using BR. with feng do 1,2,2~b then uf+4 you will see what i stated above against a standing/crouching opponent

@retsu_himura - do note there is a difference between a character crouching (d/b) and character doing d+1. a character holding db will register as crouching immediately and will not advance forward; whilst a character doing d+1 does not register as crouching immediately and the corresponding left jab will register as advancing forward.

so what you find is that if i do BT uf+4 against you, and you are doing d+1 (rather than purely crouch-blocking), it is more likely to hit because
- no.1 you may be in the process of going crouch, but still classified as standing (depending on how fast you inputted the d+1 ofcourse) and
- no.2 you become one range closer as your left arm counts as though your whole body is closer. so in a scenario where an attack would just miss, doing a d+1 would result with the attack hitting the left arm and therefore connecting.

I hope that makes sense..

Last edited by yip_noob on Apr 26th, 2012 at 05:13

wooden-man
Fujin
#160 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
Nah, it's pretty much generic BT hopkick having bad range and weird hit box, where it can be duck outside of point blank range, but hit standing opponents at the same range...but honestly BT 2,2 been a knockdown without counter is good enough as a mid BT option.

Thanks for the info, I used to do BT 2,2
But it seem that I meet too much crouch jabbers, shit now uf4 becomes a habit that is hard to kick. lol

Well, went to the arcade again today, just one question, 2,4,1b puts u in negative frame even on hit??
Signature demotion risk