How do i start?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
silly_monkey
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
i really don't know where to start with alisa?,i've checked out Alisa Juggles and basic moves,but it just makes me more confused.

any tips for a beginner/noob like me? how do i start my practice,which combo/juggle comes first??

thanks in advance.
Zoidberg747
6th Dan
XBL: Zoidberg747
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Go through her movelist and do as many moves as you can. Best first step for learning a new char.

Then come on here and get into the good stuff(frame data/juggles/strats etc.)
silly_monkey
Kyu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
thank GOD at last! someone answered my post!

Zoidberg747 - thanks for the advice,very much appreciated. hope to learn more from you.

I THOUGHT I WOULD BE IGNORED FOR A LONG TIME
Zoidberg747
6th Dan
XBL: Zoidberg747
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Hate to break it to you but im a noob as well. Only have had the game for 5 daysXD
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I always do something like this when I'm learning a new character:

A) Check out the movelist and more or less decide on which moves you want to use often and rarely. With Alisa I can divide those moves into about 3 categories. This is all personal preference, but it gives you a rough idea. I usually use a frame data list to go through the moves, so I can read the frames at the same time.

1) My main moves: 1, b+1, d/b+3, d/f+4, d/f+1, ws+4,
2) Moves I use relatively often: d/f+2, 1,2, iWR+2, grabs, f+2, FC d/f+1+2, 1,1, ws+1+2, d/b+4, b+2,4, d/f+1,4
3) Situational moves: 2,3,3, 4, u/f+4,4, b+3+4, u/f+3,2, boot and chainsaws, d/b+1,1, iWR+3,4

B) Learn juggles. Just check the combo thread and learn one juggle of each launcher. Generally the staple is b+1, ws+1,2, f+1, b+4,3 B! if the launcher doesn't bind, and something like f+2, 1,1, d+3,1+2 if the launcher binds. Also learn some wall carry variations and wall combos.

C) Find out how you're actually going to play Alisa. The two simplest ways of doing that is watching vids of top players and just playing matches yourself. If Chanel or whoever is doing good in Tekken Crash with Alisa, chances are he knows how to play the character, and chances are you can learn a few things watching those vids. Also learn all oki, wall game etc. You can read about that here in TZ and watch vids/try out stuff yourself.

D) That's it, you know how to play Alisa. But I'm guessing you don't know how to play Tekken. There's one thing you need to perfect if you want to win with Alisa, and that's movement. And with Alisa it's absolutely necessary to play her. If you don't want to spend hours learning backdash canceling, you shouldn't play Alisa. Practice throw breaking too.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
silly_monkey
Kyu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Zoidberg - thats fine dude,ill take as a noob talking to another noob kind of advice hehe.. atleast noobs help out each other haha

lilleboff - now we have some directions thanks a lot dude. hope to learn more from you.

practice,practice,pratice
Khinhazzard
Kyu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
you can start alisa by practicing her basic juggles or pokings...
Signature There is no shame in losing, there is only shame in not trying..
anNa_voLtuRi
Dragon Lord
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
have someone teach you and is willing to play with you. :/
Signature Kei Ogata
Park Hyun-Jae

sleppy ...
Team ZAF Website
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Seems we got a lot a new player. Well I will set you straight. lilleboff I am glad this guy became a moderator. He by far will give you the most solid advice. Are you a beginner / newb in Tekken Period? Or with Just alisa. narrowing down how bad or how good you are will help speed up what I need to tell you. To help you improve.
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!