TTTU2 Wang Changes.....

Page Splits <1234>...8
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
GosTanMan
Sage
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 450
From: Malaysia
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sithlord
Is there any other changes?? Does he still have a retarded amount of escape-able stuns (like CH [u/f+3],1)??


Yep...its es-capable.

Wang is bottom tier in solo mode.
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1893
From: Netherlands
PSN: Sandilord
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys, please enlighten me. We went from Hallelujah to bottom tier since TTTU2. Did he get nerfed that much? I see he got nerfed but not that bad.
Can't we still play the 'uf3 game'? Doesn't ff2 still launch on CH and give + on block? Etc.
I think we still have a hard Wang...
Signature
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GosTanMan
Yep...its es-capable.

Wang is bottom tier in solo mode.


Of course Wang is bottom tier in solo mode, he doesn't have the juggle damage, but that's what a partner is for. Honestly, who cares? By the looks of it, tournaments are still going to be straight 2v2, it's generally agreed that 1v2 is a gimmick and 1v1 is BR2.0.

Originally posted by sandilord
Guys, please enlighten me. We went from Hallelujah to bottom tier since TTTU2. Did he get nerfed that much? I see he got nerfed but not that bad.
Can't we still play the 'uf3 game'? Doesn't ff2 still launch on CH and give + on block? Etc.
I think we still have a hard Wang...


ff+2 hasn't changed, according to the changelog.

As I mentioned before: Waning Moon still juggles. u/f+3 usable on it's own. u/f+4 wasn't amazing before -14. The nerfs aren't that bad.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1579
From: Canada
PSN: VargasTheSick
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
Of course Wang is bottom tier in solo mode, he doesn't have the juggle damage, but that's what a partner is for. Honestly, who cares? By the looks of it, tournaments are still going to be straight 2v2, it's generally agreed that 1v2 is a gimmick and 1v1 is BR2.0.



ff+2 hasn't changed, according to the changelog.

As I mentioned before: Waning Moon still juggles. u/f+3 usable on it's own. u/f+4 wasn't amazing before -14. The nerfs aren't that bad.


I guess what I don't understand is that someone would walk up to Harada and say " Wang's OP ". I don't think anything needed to be changed. Us long time Wang users know we have to use what we are given, and are always fighting an uphill battle, but the latest patch just seems retarded. Like, buffing his SS 4 ?, really ?.... does anyone even really use that ? how about making d+3,4 a mid :-D
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
poking starter
Virtuoso
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 221
From: Thailand
PSN: -
XBL: -
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
if you compare t6br with ttt2u he is buff

if you compare ttt2 with ttt2u he is nerf

ff3,4 and ss4 buff seem useless..

u/f3,1 only first hit is good enough to annoy your opponent

by the way I feel his ff1+2 very underrate move it's like ff+2 mid version only 1 frame slower but safe(now it's -9) and has more range
Signature -
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1893
From: Netherlands
PSN: Sandilord
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't feel like fighting an uphill battle with Wang at all. I rarely use his ss4 either but this might be a good chance to start doing so. I think I've read that you can juggle better from it now?

Just read pokings post: I use ff1+2 in BR even if it's -12. It's kinda solid, tracks weird sometimes and even though it wasn't a B! juggle, you still got some damage off it. It being -9 now is great news. In short: I agree
Signature
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
People don't use ss+4? Decent range and speed, juggle on CH, leaves you in FC, catches steppers on hit w/ FC d/f+2, barely anyone can launch punish it. The stepping gives the animation away a tiny bit, other than that it's a very solid move.

Originally posted by VargasTheSick
I guess what I don't understand is that someone would walk up to Harada and say " Wang's OP ". I don't think anything needed to be changed. Us long time Wang users know we have to use what we are given, and are always fighting an uphill battle, but the latest patch just seems retarded. Like, buffing his SS 4 ?, really ?.... does anyone even really use that ? how about making d+3,4 a mid :-D


"Balance decisions" aren't necessarily decisions made to keep them balanced on paper compared to the rest of cast, but for other reasons... not too noob friendly, not too easy to spam against noobs, or to keep characters in certain tiers. TTT2 had Wang going a little too close to the upper-mid tier and with a very easy high damage throw, so they decided to kick him back to mid and make you work for your damage from Waning Moon instead. Whenever Kuma gets anything half decent (he was pretty damn good in the beta apparently), he loses it, despite the fact that he needs it badly, due to being trash in pretty much every game (except arguably T4). He's balanced to be low tier (which annoys me, because animals =/= jokes, Roger's usually solid mid near Wang).
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1579
From: Canada
PSN: VargasTheSick
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I know you can't have it so he spams u/f 3,1 all day, but some of the cast are pretty much that bad ( Lars anyone ? ).

I do use SS+4 SOMETIMES, but it sure as hell isn't a staple, it's something I would throw out every once and a while. Characters usually track it pretty good, it has crap frames, and Im pretty sure I've been hop-kicked out of it. I am not sure what the damage buff is, but probably only like 4 - 5 :-/

f,f+1+2 is a pretty good move, and I actually do use it a lot, since it has decent frames, tracks very good, and gives you some juggle damage.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Using ss+4 at range 0 will get you killed, but it evades plenty of stuff when you're back a little. You need to hit that sweet spot that you're close enough you can still land stuff on CH (which makes it one of, if not his highest damage low), but not be close enough that stuff like hopkicks will knock you out of it.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
GosTanMan
Sage
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 450
From: Malaysia
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
I don't feel like fighting an uphill battle with Wang at all. I rarely use his ss4 either but this might be a good chance to start doing so. I think I've read that you can juggle better from it now?

Just read pokings post: I use ff1+2 in BR even if it's -12. It's kinda solid, tracks weird sometimes and even though it wasn't a B! juggle, you still got some damage off it. It being -9 now is great news. In short: I agree


The new b+3 is a solid move. You can use it to lift opponents up for a full B! juggle after CH ss+4 and CH ff+1+2. Yes, ff+1+2 only launches on CH now.
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Played TTT2U!

Waning Moon - still viable for high damage, though it takes a bit more learning. Ideally you want to run up and d/b+4,2~5 for a regular juggle, but other options work. With Wang/Miguel, I did WM, dash d/f+2,1~5 Miguel d/f+2,2 B! d/f+4,1, d+4,1+2~SAV oki. There seems to be better options available too, but they seemed pretty inconsistent in comparison, for example Miguel's d+2 gives a better B! for BT juggles, but it would often be out of range after tagging.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1579
From: Canada
PSN: VargasTheSick
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
Played TTT2U!

Waning Moon - still viable for high damage, though it takes a bit more learning. Ideally you want to run up and d/b+4,2~5 for a regular juggle, but other options work. With Wang/Miguel, I did WM, dash d/f+2,1~5 Miguel d/f+2,2 B! d/f+4,1, d+4,1+2~SAV oki. There seems to be better options available too, but they seemed pretty inconsistent in comparison, for example Miguel's d+2 gives a better B! for BT juggles, but it would often be out of range after tagging.


Thanks for that Jordyce. Im looking to use Heihachi, so tag into EWGF shouldn't be too hard at all, in fact easier then run up and d/b+4,2. How are his other moves ?, what's the damage on SS+4 buffed too ?
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
ss+4 damage is from 19 to 21. Juggles still seem to work. Range seems the same. Still a good move.

I thought Heihachi's EWGF was 14f? It wouldn't hit after WM~5. Don't quote me on it, but I reckon this stuff would work:

WM, dash d/b+4,2~5 (Hei) EWGF, DEWGF, d/f+1,2~5 B! (Wang) d/b+1, (Hei) cd+4,4,1.
WM, dash d/f+2,1~5 (Hei) f+3, d+1 B! cd+4,4,1. (easy)

With WM, when Wang does a tag launcher (especially a BT one), you don't come in super close, so anything you come in with needs to have decent range or some sort of step forward with it (possibly dash jabs though). So a bt d/f+2,1~5 launch into Heihachi, I don't think a straight EWGF would hit, but a DEWGF would. My knowledge of Hei isn't too great though.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1579
From: Canada
PSN: VargasTheSick
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for that again. The first combo you listed sounds very plausible. From what I have read from a few other sources Heihachi's EWGF is 13f, unless they nerfed it in unlimited.

Im not sure if the straight EWGF would hit, however I know in TTT2 they increased the hit box on it, so it would have to be tested. Too bad Canada doesn't have any cabinets. Also that buff on SS+4 is so pointless, why even touch it.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
I was under the impression that Heihachi's EWGF has been 14f since T6...

And I've already listed reasons why people should use SS+4, especially with d/b+3 being slower and more pronounced than it originally was. Decent tracking, leaves you crouching, juggle on CH, only -13 on block (and if further away, I don't think stuff like Kaz's ws+1,2 will hit).
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1579
From: Canada
PSN: VargasTheSick
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
I was under the impression that Heihachi's EWGF has been 14f since T6...

And I've already listed reasons why people should use SS+4, especially with d/b+3 being slower and more pronounced than it originally was. Decent tracking, leaves you crouching, juggle on CH, only -13 on block (and if further away, I don't think stuff like Kaz's ws+1,2 will hit).


Yea it is 14 frames, but it doesn't make sense as I heard some Koreans were using it with WM in Unlimited. So either you have 14 frames to hit with a tag and WM or someone in Korea is lying lol.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 214
From: United States
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
vargas where did you hear that from?
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4441
From: New Zealand
PSN: Jordyce
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by VargasTheSick
Yea it is 14 frames, but it doesn't make sense as I heard some Koreans were using it with WM in Unlimited. So either you have 14 frames to hit with a tag and WM or someone in Korea is lying lol.


I'm pretty damn sure that WM is +13 not +14, I can try test with Miguel's d/f+4,1 next time I'm in.

Originally posted by Jordyce
WM, dash d/b+4,2~5 (Hei) EWGF, DEWGF, d/f+1,2~5 B! (Wang) d/b+1, (Hei) cd+4,4,1.
WM, dash d/f+2,1~5 (Hei) f+3, d+1 B! cd+4,4,1. (easy)


Can confirm that the second one works, but you can only do cd+4,1 as an ender, no second hellsweep.

(EDIT: You know that Hei and Wang are -2 allegiance to each other, right? That Rage is important too, tag crash saves lives...)

I'm enjoying Miguel/Wang, Migzy has the wall carry and damage, Wang has plenty of tag launchers and d/b+1 as easy TA filler damage.

Last edited by Jordyce on Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:40

Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1579
From: Canada
PSN: VargasTheSick
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
I'm pretty damn sure that WM is +13 not +14, I can try test with Miguel's d/f+4,1 next time I'm in.



Can confirm that the second one works, but you can only do cd+4,1 as an ender, no second hellsweep.

(EDIT: You know that Hei and Wang are -2 allegiance to each other, right? That Rage is important too, tag crash saves lives...)

I'm enjoying Miguel/Wang, Migzy has the wall carry and damage, Wang has plenty of tag launchers and d/b+1 as easy TA filler damage.


I am pretty sure you are right with the -14, let me know what you find out though !.

Yea I know with the allegiance chart Heihachi and Wang hate each other. I don't want to use Kuma with Heihachi, so my other team would be Wang / Jinpachi.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
poking starter
Virtuoso
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 221
From: Thailand
PSN: -
XBL: -
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d...%cd%ad%b5%bbTUD

some of move damage change

d/b3 19dmg
b1,2 36dmg
f1+4 48 dmg
u/f4 24dmg
d+4 10 dmg

new move dmg
u/f3,1 19,24
b3,4 12,26
ff3,4 12,19
Signature -

 All times are GMT. The time now is 13:17

Page Splits <1234>...8
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump