Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#321 “Quote” Edit Post
To each his own, Forest. I do it to keep my movement crisp and universal.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
WebShaman
2nd Dan
#322 “Quote” Edit Post
^ And THAT is IMHO very important - one never knows how the game will change.
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#323 “Quote” Edit Post
Any tips on axis after the jap combo? I have trouble getting the first iWS1 after U/F+4, and it's not a timing issue because it comes out but i can see it whiff due to the angle.
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#324 “Quote” Edit Post
Make a video of you doing it and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong.
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
WebShaman
2nd Dan
#325 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jason4579
Any tips on axis after the jap combo? I have trouble getting the first iWS1 after U/F+4, and it's not a timing issue because it comes out but i can see it whiff due to the angle.

I rather suspect that if it is not a timing issue (you say no), that it is then due to SS in the wrong direction. Try SS in the other direction and see if that does the trick.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#326 “Quote” Edit Post
df+2, df+3,2,SSR+1,f,N,1, d,df,f,UF+1 (x3), 1+4 (B!), f,f, QCF,N,1,1+2 (13-hits, 74 pts)

More hits, yes, but 74 points? That surprised me. The damage scaling is such a bitch.
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
#327 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
Make a video of you doing it and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong.

I went into offline VS mode and messed around with it for a bit, and the results actually surprised me. Although it indeed was an axis issue, it was a SLIGHT timing issue that was causing it (and i mean slight, literally only a frame or two), which was only happening due to the more linear axis, as the more head on you are, the more dead-on your timing must be. I've corrected it now, as I noticed that taking larger side steps before hitting gives you a few more frames leniency when it comes to the iWS1's later on in the combo, and this is why I originally thought it was due to the axis. You learn something new every day i guess, although i really wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near this minuscule in detail
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#328 “Quote” Edit Post
If Nina delays the second hit of df+3,2, does it make the iWS+1s easier after the uf+4?
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
#329 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
If Nina delays the second hit of df+3,2, does it make the iWS+1s easier after the uf+4?

Just tried it now, and i found it more difficult at the opponent floats lower to the ground, so the first it a little more strict on the timing, but the rest after the initial are fine.
KPractice
Virtuoso
PSN: K-Stick-Practice
#330 “Quote” Edit Post
I keep missing the forth (second to last) ws1 in her df2 staple juggle, dunno why but happy; I am able to pull off two consistently on the 2P side.

Just gotta make my fanta looser on the 1P side, more practice and it shall come around.

Thanks for the tips; a really helpful one for me was: hit df32 early, sidestep really far, put on hit analysis (from Galen) and lastly do the first ws1 quickly (for me this helped with timing).

Edit: Hitting the first ws1 could be the reason the forth ws1 misses. Going to delay it and see what happens.
Signature "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee
FoxSteve
PSN: hotshot-sensei
XBL: hotshot sensei
#331 “Quote” Edit Post
Sup

Just a big shout out to Galen for his 7x iws1 vid. Thanks to that and the other advice on the forum you've posted I was able to make sense of iws1 after about 3 hours of really trying to make them work yesterday.

I only managed to land iws1 x5 and I saw an Only Practice staple and decided to try it (...ss1~b~uf4, iws1,iws1)
iws1 isn't all fun n games.
- http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_ed..._id=Js00d1CQy8s

Thanks again for all your time on these boards Galen... it makes a big difference.
Signature Steve Fox BR Combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnN8b9ELEZQ
Steve~Hwoarang Staple Combos TTT2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR90rkT6VTw
Hwoarang~Steve Staple Combos TTT2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqzeBf7ZTYI
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#332 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FoxSteve
Sup

Just a big shout out to Galen for his 7x iws1 vid. Thanks to that and the other advice on the forum you've posted I was able to make sense of iws1 after about 3 hours of really trying to make them work yesterday.

I only managed to land iws1 x5 and I saw an Only Practice staple and decided to try it (...ss1~b~uf4, iws1,iws1)
iws1 isn't all fun n games.
- http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_ed..._id=Js00d1CQy8s

Thanks again for all your time on these boards Galen... it makes a big difference.

You're welcome. I'm glad all the info helped. ALSO I'm really glad that you can read and you were willing to do the SMALLEST amount of research before asking someone how to do it. People like you are the reason I do what I do to help! Thank to you as well!
STK
7th Dan
PSN: SC_DTGC_STK
XBL: Southtown King
#333 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
Galen, this is your youtube channel, right?
http://www.youtube.com/user/NinaBRCombos#p/u
You should put it in your signature like me. Lets people know about it more. I forgot what it was. But I luckily had added it to my web browser's 'favourites' already.

Actually, I only did that iWS+1 combo once.

i cant really see the command on the screen. so galen whats the motion u put in urself? i like to try it ur way to see if it helps.
Signature Last Wizard Of The Century...
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#334 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't help him, he uses Lars!

Kidding!
STK
7th Dan
PSN: SC_DTGC_STK
XBL: Southtown King
#335 “Quote” Edit Post