T6BR: Jin Q&A III, ask a question, get an answer

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
j00n
Getting Old
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Please review http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=116286 for the previous thread. Last question submitted was:

What is SLD? If we look at the legend, we see that it's face down & feet away (your character). Ask all questions here and hopefully get an answer. Don't be afraid about asking all sorts of questions (including "newbie" ones; we're all learning)
Damo420
5th Dan
PSN: Soon to be changed !
XBL: Luv Dat 420 << N/A !
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok So I Started Learning Jin And Im Pretty Good Str8 Off The Bat Tbh , But I Have Few Questions
1 . How Exactly Does His Parry Work ? I Usualy Get First Attack Parried But Get Smacked By The Rest Of The Combo =(

2. My Low Parry Option As It Stands Is d/f+1 , 1~3 , 3 , d+4 the actual combo works fine what i wanna no is the opponent hits the ground after 1~3 , 3 but the d+4 after always hits is this gaurenteed ?cuz if so this lil low parry set does some f*ckin gd damage for low parry option !

3. Whats Jins Longest Wall Carry (no bound) ?

4. Does Jin Have Any Cancel Fients Ect ? Examply Nina's d/f+3 , 1 , d Apart from the obvious unblockable cancel

Thanks In Advanced
Exscuse My Notations And Grammer Im Brain Dead And Usualy High =)

Im Thinking Makin Jin My Main As Hwo Causes Me To Get Hate Mail Alot Even Tho Im So Clean And Fair With Him =( Plus Mishima Is Way Forward =)
Signature Main Hwo/Steve Subs Jin/Kaz/Drag "Nina In Progess"
Nina's grabs are just so damn personal =) Like Drags 1+2 (takedown)
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
1) You can parry full strings, you just have to press it for every move. His parry gives true frame advantage depending on how slow their move recovers. Sometimes you can parry and only get 2,4, with slower moves you can get stuff like d+3+4 for a full combo.

2) Yes, it's guaranteed, but they can roll to reduce the damage. LP, 3,1, 2, d/b+2,2,3 does more.

3) I dunno, but something like b,f+2,1, b,f+2,1, b+2,1 is pretty long but doesn't always hit. b,f+2,1, dash 1, dash 1, b+2,1 is more consistent.

4) Wavedash and b+1,d/f.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
tremorman
Iron Fist God
PSN: tremorman
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
@jelo
How did you do at the tournament? You guys had fun playing?
Damn I really miss this.....
Signature Originally posted by Z is: block punish, whiff punish, parry punish..
Originally posted by Kazamarant: I feel as if I lose brain cells every time people mention Tekken style lasers as being cool
Bryan furry
5th Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Can Jin punish a wake up 4 I know kaz can with b+1 2 wondering if jin can punish it:cool
jinsof
6th Dan
PSN: Jinsof
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
no. but if you parry it you can punish with d+3+4
Signature Anger Suit
Bryan furry
5th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jinsof
no. but if you parry it you can punish with d+3+4

Thanks man
stan17
HitmanSTANce?
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
is there a strict timing in f+3,3 after b! ? or you just need to dash in order to hit it?
Signature 19IIEE75

"A gentleman is having the united sentiments of virtue, truth and justice."

"Oki is the Best Policy."
Tiexandrea
Zombie On Your Lawn
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi everybody. I'm finding it really hard to fight against opponents who have good sidestepping games. Normally, I frequently use Jin's standing 4, but it being a high move causes me problems. What are Jin's homing/tracking moves, or which moves track to which side? Thanks.
Signature
Originally posted by Ben111
the main reason old tekkens sucked was that you had to practice to be good at them
( TZ Jargon Dictionary ) ( TZ Forum FAQ ) ( TZ Members' Profile Directory )
WadeTWilson
Shihan
PSN: WadeTWilson
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
@stan, it's easier to do after a 1,3~3 b! rather than a 1,2,3 b! , but all you really need to do is hold f after the animation of the last move and mash the 3.

@tiexandrea
ws+3/cd+3
the 4 of df+1,4/2,1,4 somewhat
df+1,4~4/cd+4 somewhat (only tested this on a cpu, that tekken god zaf that does e-steps at the start of rounds..)
2nd hit of b+2,1 somewhat
d+1 tracks to the left i think
uf+2 tracks right
cds~2 tracks left
Can't remember anymore. just do df+1,4's all day lol you'll catch em.
ContrerasSnake
3rd Dan
PSN: NuclearPolaris
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm relatively new to jin but I was wondering if he has a combo after his : face up, feet towards ch3?

I've looked for it in videos but I haven't seen it as yet, I know of his, face down feet towards 3, ws2, 13~3 B!, but that doesn't seem to connect with face up feet towards.

Any help?
marioschluse
Kyu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Can sbr pls tell me the meaning of all the shortcuts from jins movelist?
It's so hard to understand his combos...
lilleboff
the daoug
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
marioschluse
Kyu
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lilleboff
This page can tell you: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php

Thanks,
but there are words, which I can't find in the legend.
For example I still don't NC NCc, EDC, CNRK, HS etc.

I'm sorry, but I'm a beginner...

Moreover: How the hell do you do ECD+1, EWHF? Is there any secret? Because my EWHF never hits, no matter how fast i try o.O

Last edited by marioschluse on Sep 13th, 2012 at 16:51

CorpseThrust200
PSN: omgitsnewton
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ContrerasSnake
I'm relatively new to jin but I was wondering if he has a combo after his : face up, feet towards ch3?

I've looked for it in videos but I haven't seen it as yet, I know of his, face down feet towards 3, ws2, 13~3 B!, but that doesn't seem to connect with face up feet towards.

Any help?

CH FUFT 3, ws+4~3 (that's his 4~3 from ws).

If you want to break the floor underneath, you can do CH FUFT 3, cc~d+2.

Originally posted by marioschluse
Thanks,
but there are words, which I can't find in the legend.
For example I still don't NC NCc, EDC, CNRK, HS etc.

I'm sorry, but I'm a beginner...

Moreover: How the hell do you do ECD+1, EWHF? Is there any secret? Because my EWHF never hits, no matter how fast i try o.O

about the words not in the legend... this page should have most if not all of the abbreviations used in the forums

About eCD+1, ewhf, there are two things you need to know. One, you need to do ewhf as soon as you recover from eCD+1. Turn on hit analysis and look for when Jin turns bright after recovering from eCD+1, that's when you start entering ewhf. Second, your ewhf itself should be a quick one, no delays or anything.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been thinking of making Jin a fun sub, unlike my King and Leo .
1. What's the difference between an electric f,n,d,df+1 and a regular f,n,d,df+1? I don't know the name for it lol.
2. Is Jin's poking and parrying the best way to go when playing as him? Has he got strengths in other areas such as oki, punishment, or straight-up pitbulling?
3. Is EWHF (I believe that f,n,d,df+2, is it?) as abusable as EWGF?
4. How do I go learning Jin? I can do EWHF and electric CD 1 once out of three tries, what else is there to learn? Other than juggles, that is.
5. Is Jin's parry comparable to a sidestep, seeing that it doesn't stop any strings, just makes the move whiff, regardless of tracking and whether it's homing or not?
6. mycheats.1up.com says that Jin's juggles are weak. Is that true and if so, why?
7. Who are some of the best Jin players, so that I can view their playstyle and learn?
8. Any extended readings I can do to learn about this poking beast?
EDIT: 9. Whatever the flip happened to Soul Omen? Did the notation (b+HOLD1+2,b~d~u~f) change or something, or did they take it out altogether?
Jin's cool, but I don't think I can make him my main/sub doe to his general turtling playstyle. I'll still want to play as him to take down scrubs who come my way.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
TTT2 - Baek, Ganryu (learning Bryan and Leo) | KOF13 - Daimon, Chin, Takuma | SF4 - M. Bison | Skullgirls - MsFortune, Parasoul, Cerebella | Guilty Gear Xrd - Venom, May
lilleboff
the daoug
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
1) We just call them ecd+1 and cd+1. The electric one (ecd) is -10 on block and 19f with fastest execution. The non-electric version, cd+1 is -12 on block and 20f with fastest execution.

2) He's pretty much all about pokes yes. His pokes are pretty good, but in T6BR, his backdash is so horrible that it's sort of awkward to play him with pokes/spacing/whiff punishing. Anyway, that's what most people do. He is a pretty good punisher too.

3) It's not equally abusable in my opinion, because the reward is smaller and the risk is the same. Still a pretty good move.

4) You learn how to actually play him. You're just talking about execution.

5) Well I guess you could say that. You get less frames to work with a parry than you get with a whiff though. You can pretty much d+3+4 jabs on whiff if you're fast enough, but not possible with parry.

6) They are pretty weak yes. Damage is very low, wall carry isn't that good.

7) Hao is probably the best Jin player right now. I'd watch him. Check out Knee play Jin too.

8) Just go through his movelist, watch some videos and work it out yourself. I don't think there's much more to read, except some of the threads in this subforum.
Ghost_Hunter
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody able to utilize suigetsu strike as a viable counter option? Thanks in advance.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Against poking wars. I don't really use it though, because if I'm expecting a high/mid poke I try and parry it and look for anything I can get.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
TTT2 - Baek, Ganryu (learning Bryan and Leo) | KOF13 - Daimon, Chin, Takuma | SF4 - M. Bison | Skullgirls - MsFortune, Parasoul, Cerebella | Guilty Gear Xrd - Venom, May
Ring4200
Champion
PSN: RyuXXLars4200
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Second character i started, After Lars Alexandersson.
Signature Heihachi: The Iron fist will never end.
Kazuya: Well done daddy.
Lars: You're the best dad.
Jin: You're legendary grand-pa.