1. Lion Hart [ INDIA } --- { Bob } ------ 1st prize --- $ 5000

2. Nin { SOUTH KOREA } --- { Steve } ------- 2nd prize --- $ 3000

3. Lov { INDIA }--- { A.KING } ------- 3rd prize --- $1000
Signature A.K.A ---LionHart---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7C9B_sBVc vs Nin
BlixtBob
7th Dan
#322 “Quote” Edit Post
In reply to devil unleashed about the tournament in India (please dont take it as a personal criticism of you since I have no idea if you were involved in the tournament or is just posting the results), the tournament was apparently complete and utter trash with a horrific amount of issues in every single aspect of the tournament organisation, making participation and gameplay close to impossible.
They treated Nin that way too apparently, except for a few kind people who helped him out in the end. Listen to this loose second hand quote: "I played the street fighter tournament and got knocked to the losers bracket, which was then supposed to be played the next day. The next day the loser bracket disappeared from the tournament. I asked whats up, they said the rule changed and that I had to buy a loser bracket ticket to participate in the loser bracket. I said OK Ill buy the ticket, to which they replied that the loser bracket ticket was already sold out".

Look at some pictures here http://www.rakaka.se/index.php?newsID=18957), its in swedish though but you get the gist lol. That is all about that

ST GEORGE!! Are you gypsys Australian friend I got a text about? I believe you must be! Do you have a place to stay yet? Im going to japan on april 17, coming back to seoul april 20, so cant help you out in person but im looking for english speaking tekkendudes not busy those days. If you already have a hotel, the current most populated arcade is 100m walk from Seoul Station so as long as you can get there from where ur staying you should be all set up on the tekken front at least.

Potchiwotchi, are you covered on green arcade? Search green arcade directions on ldmaxi youtube otherwise. Though the current hot spot for tekken is game city at seoul station: take exit 1, walk down the large front stairs and follow the right hand sidewalk for 50-100m.
Signature www.Bitterharmony.se/forum - The Swedish fighting game community.
devil_unleashed
Warrior
#323 “Quote” Edit Post
@blixbob-- i agree with u , that overall tournament for other games was not good , but tekken was in diferent section , there was not any kind of problem where tekken was being organised..
devil_unleashed
Warrior
#324 “Quote” Edit Post
Nin { steve } vs Lion Hart { Bob } --- Match videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7C9B_sBVc
Siddhartha Rao
Virtuoso
potchiwotchi
You dont say?
#326 “Quote” Edit Post
i wasn able to go to green arcade but not Seoul station. but i was able to meet KNEE which was totally worth it next time i go i will go to seoul station ) thanks for the info guys
Signature ELITE
MCRDLR <3
why so ortho?
Mr. Kaz
Iron Fist God
#327 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by potchiwotchi
i wasn able to go to green arcade but not Seoul station. but i was able to meet KNEE which was totally worth it next time i go i will go to seoul station ) thanks for the info guys

did you also meet nin? btw whose nightingale on our team?
Signature rpL:// Mizrachi
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#328 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlixtBob

ST GEORGE!! Are you gypsys Australian friend I got a text about? I believe you must be! Do you have a place to stay yet? Im going to japan on april 17, coming back to seoul april 20, so cant help you out in person but im looking for english speaking tekkendudes not busy those days. If you already have a hotel, the current most populated arcade is 100m walk from Seoul Station so as long as you can get there from where ur staying you should be all set up on the tekken front at least.

That would be me. Too bad about the timing of your trip, but I'm sure I can cope. I'm not exactly sure where I will be staying, probably somewhere around the Hongdae region... Just sending a few emails now.
Signature Flushking.
BlixtBob
7th Dan
#329 “Quote” Edit Post
St. George --> you got some pms. Enjoy your stay!
Signature www.Bitterharmony.se/forum - The Swedish fighting game community.
GrandeCapo
2nd Dan
PSN: AndongPear
#330 “Quote” Edit Post
Exact address of Green Arcade please! I went to Daerim a while ago and asked students where it is. No one knew where it was, got lost like a blind man in a labyrinth. Might try to go back this coming Monday if I can get the address
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#331 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GrandeCapo
Exact address of Green Arcade please! I went to Daerim a while ago and asked students where it is. No one knew where it was, got lost like a blind man in a labyrinth. Might try to go back this coming Monday if I can get the address

Get out of Daerim station exit 10, continue walking straight ahead for 7-10 minutes until you see a Family Mart on the OPPOSITE side of the road. Cross the road, and just after the Family Mart you will see a small lane to cross and a couple of BBQ restaurants. Look above the BBQ restaurants and you should see the second floor is painted green. Should also be able to hear Tekken noises...go upstairs.
Signature Flushking.
GrandeCapo
2nd Dan
PSN: AndongPear
#332 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
Get out of Daerim station exit 10, continue walking straight ahead for 7-10 minutes until you see a Family Mart on the OPPOSITE side of the road. Cross the road, and just after the Family Mart you will see a small lane to cross and a couple of BBQ restaurants. Look above the BBQ restaurants and you should see the second floor is painted green. Should also be able to hear Tekken noises...go upstairs.

Good! Thanks St. George! What time does it open on weekdays though? Closing time?
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#333 “Quote” Edit Post
Not really, sure, probably no point in getting there any earlier than 3-4pm, and it must close rather late.
Signature Flushking.
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#334 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm taking a trip to Busan in December, any idea how the scene is over there?

Also, is there any tekken players there I could contact to show me the arcades and stuff. Just wondering hah.

Hopefully I can learn enough Korean by then to get by. <_<
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
Draelor
Iron Fist God
PSN: Qudais
#335 “Quote” Edit Post
The only play I know of in Busan is Gipsy. He can speak good enough english so contact him.
Signature
Zhan
Sydney Help_me!!
PSN: KNEE2nd
#336 “Quote” Edit Post
Did some Korean went to ShangHai using dual Capo floored everyone in LieHuo?
Signature with KNEE(?)
Me vs Knee(?) 2013
Originally Written by cgas123: If using the same move over and over to defeat a person is cheap, then the player eating it over and over is dumb. There is a way to stop everything in tekken so in the highest level of gameplay there is no cheap. -=T:SB=-
SopSop
=ToT=
PSN: attentiontactics
#337 “Quote” Edit Post
Moving to Seoul in ~3 weeks. Anyone want to teach an aussie how to use Korean sticks?

If your answer is no, then come say hi to me anyway if you see me around... card name same as my forum one. I'll probably use my aussie tekken-net card for a while until I set up a Korean tekken-net account (since I'll be there for a good while) but regardless it'll be the same.

... there are still people here who live in Seoul right? haha
Signature Sydney Tekken Blog
SopSop
=ToT=
#338 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm in Seoul now, I have going to green every day for a few hours but I'm sure there's gotta be a few people out there I'm missing, let me know if you're around!

EDIT: I'll check out Seoul Station later today (Sunday), will be in for a few hours.

EDIT2: right so apparently this place has shut down...

Last edited by SopSop on Jul 29th, 2012 at 12:54

drhwang
Expert
#339 “Quote” Edit Post
watering for this thread
& my survival report! lol
SopSop
=ToT=
#340 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi DrHwang!

I'm living fairly far from Green Arcade, I live in Songpa which isnt too far from Gangnam/Shinnonhyeon for the Tekken Cafe, but do you know of any other popular Tekken locations that might not be too far for me?

I found a few arcades near me, but the level of competition isn't very good. Are good players only really at Green and Shinnonhyeon?