Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
Jody Tha Great
Iron Fist God
PSN: JTG777
XBL: JodyThaGreat777
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Kiets wants to run all X360 this year and he was just wanting to know if everyone in the tekken community only plays it on PS3. there's some players today that plays it on both but to double check he came asking us first do we prefer PS3 which was the best thing to do other than not posting the thread and not asking us what system we will be playing it on.

@Kiets much appreciated that you're giving us tekken this year and we all do PS3 for tekken. We will be happy if you can do that for us. See you at UFGT8

KIDD
Signature Facebook: Jody Jodythagreat Woods
Follow me @JodyThaGreat on twitter
UFGT7 champion, M.O.K. MK9 champion
STL Aftermath
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
I just want to know if its being ran on that Friday and if we can change that. I'm pretty sure I can get a saturday pool for AE but if Tekken is on Friday then I'm done....
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
fightinggm
new challenger
PSN: soma1672
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
il be driving down here. should be fun!
Signature http://www.facebook.com/BGFightingGM
www.twitter.com/fightinggm www.fightinggm.com www.facebook.com/fightinggm
GYG 08, Crown the king of NYC 2008, 2nd at MTG, 2nd at ECT 2010, 2nd at Mlg Columbus, 2nd at Mlg Raleigh, 4th NCSS 2010 1st WCG Fight Club 2010, Wcg 2010 usa national champion, MLG number 1 Seed 2010, 1st Midwest championship 2010 NEC 2010 teams 1st, NCSS 2010 teams 1st Winter Brawl 3 teams 1st ,ECT 2010 2nd, MTG 2010 2nd 1st extravangaza 14 1st Winter Brawl 3, Winter Brawl 4, Rumble in the thundra 3, KIT 2011, 1st ECT 2011, 1st Final round 2011,1st NEC 2011 , 1st Winter brawl 5 2012 tag 2, tekken 6, Assembly finland 2nd, 3rd final round 2012, 1st power up 2012, ECT 4 1st
Keits
1st Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Game

And on the debate of xbox vs. PS3, Tekken should be played on PS3. Everything else 360.

Tekken 6 will be on PS3. Everything else on 360.

I just want to know if its being ran on that Friday and if we can change that. I'm pretty sure I can get a saturday pool for AE but if Tekken is on Friday then I'm done....

The schedule will not be available until a few weeks from the tournament date, as I cannot finalize it until I have a clearer picture of how many people are coming. That said, you need to be prepared for every tournament to potentially start its pools at noon on Friday as a worst case scenario.

In the interest of fairness, you cannot make requests concerning pool times/placement. If I give you your preferential pool time on Saturday, that means I have to do the same for everyone. If I do that, the Friday pools will be empty and the entire tournament will come crashing down. We run things this way so that we can start everything on time and leave plenty of room for casuals for you guys throughout the weekend. This will not be changing. It is a three day event, and I apologize if you are unable to get off work for the Friday part.

Because Tekken is my only game running on ps3, you'd think it would be easy to just run it saturday. It shares its zone with another game, though, which means those monitors/space will be in use. Its 50/50 right now if it will be on Friday or Saturday. It really depends on entry numbers at this point. If at all possible, it will run Saturday, but I can make no guarantee on that at this time.
Tick
The Baekinator
PSN: Tikkuropolis
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Keits, I appreciate your efforts in catering to a game that is virtually dead in the region. I really hope you give special consideration to T6 for a Saturday start date - it's fair to say the majority of Tekken players do not play many other fighters, and it would probably help our numbers more than it would any other game to have this. I can't really back that up with fact but a high percentage of the pool will be traveling from out of the region, so it really would help a lot.

Me....I'll be taking off of work that Friday anyway.
Jody Tha Great
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I usually leave out from STL on a Thursday night so it don't matter to me. Friday or Saturfay is fine by me. I'm a be there for the whole weekend.

KIDD
STL Aftermath
The Game
EMP The Game
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jody Tha Great
I usually leave out from STL on a Thursday night so it don't matter to me. Friday or Saturfay is fine by me. I'm a be there for the whole weekend.

KIDD

You don't have to worry about work. -_-; That's the main reason I asked. I know for sure I can't take off and Tekken on a friday is lame either way.
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Keits
1st Dan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Theoretically, if the Tekken 6 comes in at 32 or less players, I could have it play Sunday morning to avoid a Friday timeslot.

If this sounds like a reasonable option to you guys, I will consider it when writing the schedule.
Jody Tha Great
Iron Fist God
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
You don't have to worry about work. -_-; That's the main reason I asked. I know for sure I can't take off and Tekken on a friday is lame either way.

Theoretically I do and its called bills and car note. I already request off on this event since January. At the sametime I'm looking for a better 2nd gig at this time. My first job is messing me up right now unless they bump my hours back up to normal until then, job searching.

KIDD
STL Aftermath
The Game
EMP The Game
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jody Tha Great
Theoretically I do and its called bills and car note. I already request off on this event since January. At the sametime I'm looking for a better 2nd gig at this time. My first job is messing me up right now unless they bump my hours back up to normal until then, job searching.

KIDD

I think you just missed the point but I'm not surprised lol.

Keits Saturday would be better. Final Round had over 100 ppl but the lack of systems was really what messed it up for them. I don't think it will conflict with anything running.
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
Keits
1st Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Altanta is a Tekken hotspot. They are getting numbers for Tekken unseen literally everywhere else in the USA. My events are scheduled very carefully. If you haven't been to one, you'll just have to see for yourself what that means. I'm prepared for 128 in Tekken 6, but I honestly expect less than 32 of you.
fightinggm
new challenger
PSN: soma1672
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
you guys giving out trophies?
Signature http://www.facebook.com/BGFightingGM
www.twitter.com/fightinggm www.fightinggm.com www.facebook.com/fightinggm
GYG 08, Crown the king of NYC 2008, 2nd at MTG, 2nd at ECT 2010, 2nd at Mlg Columbus, 2nd at Mlg Raleigh, 4th NCSS 2010 1st WCG Fight Club 2010, Wcg 2010 usa national champion, MLG number 1 Seed 2010, 1st Midwest championship 2010 NEC 2010 teams 1st, NCSS 2010 teams 1st Winter Brawl 3 teams 1st ,ECT 2010 2nd, MTG 2010 2nd 1st extravangaza 14 1st Winter Brawl 3, Winter Brawl 4, Rumble in the thundra 3, KIT 2011, 1st ECT 2011, 1st Final round 2011,1st NEC 2011 , 1st Winter brawl 5 2012 tag 2, tekken 6, Assembly finland 2nd, 3rd final round 2012, 1st power up 2012, ECT 4 1st
Jody Tha Great
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
that glass trophy is dope. Everybody in my house couldn't I believe I brought that home last year.

KIDD
STL Aftermath
Sluch
Soul Crusher
PSN: Sluch
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Since Power Up has come & gone, I'm ready for UFGT to get here. I can't wait.
Signature Proud Representative & Godfather of Cincy Tekken

- My Army Of Bitches

Galen- "I want my 100% broken top tier goddess plz... ALSO they should nerf the rest of the cast."
Keits
1st Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/

I show you love, you show me love. Tekken 6 starts at 6PM SATURDAY on the tentative schedule.

For trophies, it will just be medals this year. There are not enough people playing Tekken 6 to for me to buy a trophy.

Last edited by Keits on May 4th, 2012 at 14:53

Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
PSN: Xiang_Allard
Keits
1st Dan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
More than last year, thankfully. I believe Tekken has about 22 right now.
Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
PSN: Xiang_Allard
Jody Tha Great
Iron Fist God
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I still need to register and I got a few from STL that are playing too. I'm a register next week.

KIDD
STL Aftermath
Sluch
Soul Crusher
PSN: Sluch
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
That's pretty cool that T6 has 22 entrants so far & that number should be increasing. Gotta love that shiznite.

Keits: I'm confused about when the T6 tournament starts. On the tentative schedule, T6 starts at 6pm Saturday, but you posted up that T6 starts 6pm Friday a few posts back. Was that post just a typo or is the tentative schedule wrong?
Signature Proud Representative & Godfather of Cincy Tekken

- My Army Of Bitches

Galen- "I want my 100% broken top tier goddess plz... ALSO they should nerf the rest of the cast."