< >
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#301 “Quote” Edit Post
raven's 2,4 is a strange move.
i have yet to find a similar move in which:
on block - jails (cannot be interrupted)
on hit - doesnt jail (the 3 can be ducked if 2 is NH)
on CH is NC
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

markymarkov
Shihan
PSN: marky_markov
#302 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
raven's 2,4 is a strange move.
i have yet to find a similar move in which:
on block - jails (cannot be interrupted)
on hit - doesnt jail (the 4 can be ducked if 2 is NH)
on CH is NC

indeed a strange one ... i have a question for a possible followup from this but i can't confirm it myself:

juggle !B ff+3, f+1, 3~4 (the 3~4 part doesn't hit every char and i'm in the process of finding out which combos which char hit ) and afterwards they are close enough for a b+2 pickup or if they block is there enough distance to do a d/b turn ? ... and is there anything better for the float than SDW b+2, b+2, b+2,4 (does 31 i think or so ) ?
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#303 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by markymarkov
indeed a strange one ... i have a question for a possible followup from this but i can't confirm it myself:

juggle !B ff+3, f+1, 3~4 (the 3~4 part doesn't hit every char and i'm in the process of finding out which combos which char hit ) and afterwards they are close enough for a b+2 pickup or if they block is there enough distance to do a d/b turn ? ... and is there anything better for the float than SDW b+2, b+2, b+2,4 (does 31 i think or so ) ?

Maybe SDW f+2?

But yeah, 2,4 needs to become a NC or a safe and jailing on block and on hit.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
PSN: aAo-kpc
#304 “Quote” Edit Post
while yes 2,4 may jail, its unsafe. Now I know raven is an unsafe character but handing them health will just make them just block all day. if you want to jail someone 3,3 seems to do just fine plus you can NCC confirm.
Signature be predictable, apply your make up
attack without precision, practice with those of lesser skill
be impatient, learn from scrubs who are better than you
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#305 “Quote” Edit Post
2,4 is a shoulder on block. Possibly Bryan's Jet Upper, too. Don't remember how many frames JU is. Use 2,4 at your own risk.

3,3 is alright, but because of the lack of forward movement, it's easy to bait and force whiff the first hit and just duck the 2nd hit.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
#306 “Quote” Edit Post
2,4 isn't -14, I believe it is -12
3,3 has better range than 2,4 it jails as well, and safe on block. Withthe distance you need to make it whiff, if it does whiff you deserve everything coming to you

Btw- if you want to beat beta, use ravens standing unblockable
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#307 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, 2,4 is -12

3,3 is nice since it also tracks in one direction so its a good poke.

But they should make 2,4 safe or usefull. And atleast make it jail on hit, since it already jails on block.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
#308 “Quote” Edit Post
to make it jail without making it safe is still pointless. So thats like saying "if I`m going to through out a move, let me force them to block and punish me instead of them having to duck and punish me." yes its less damage but if your near a wall it doesnt matter as characters do have 12f knockbacks. I would take it being safe before jailing.
RDM
Navy Sailor
PSN: R_D_M
#309 “Quote” Edit Post
Haze 4......... How do you get it -2/-4 on block? You know, the opponent has different blocking animations

DJ Infinite
Signature Have fear, then it jumps at you like lightning. Dont have fear, then it glances gently, guiding you to Infinity DJ Infinite RDM

off to the Navy: tekken hiatus till the end of bootcamp
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#310 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RDM
Haze 4......... How do you get it -2/-4 on block? You know, the opponent has different blocking animations

i dunno if that a question or an answer to your question lol

but basically its distance. further away is -2 closer is -4? or maybe the other way around... i dunno lol
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

lowkickvictory
Iron Fist God
PSN: leiben
#311 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
i dunno if that a question or an answer to your question lol

but basically its distance. further away is -2 closer is -4? or maybe the other way around... i dunno lol

has to be further away = better frames. you complete more of your total attacking animation before the collision, which is when they begin their blocking animation.

i never realized the move was quite so safe. on block.

on another note, 4~3 is one helluva move. range, extensions, high/low evade, juicy launch.. yum!
Signature Trolling for Good.
RDM
Navy Sailor
PSN: R_D_M
#312 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol, well, you know how b1 from bryan looks like on block? That's what I want to do. Ya know?

And it has nothing to do with distance......... I think. I know that if you do haze 4 up close at some point, you get that Bryan b1 animation on block. But I don't know how it works, lol

DJ Infinite
Signature Have fear, then it jumps at you like lightning. Dont have fear, then it glances gently, guiding you to Infinity DJ Infinite RDM

off to the Navy: tekken hiatus till the end of bootcamp
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#313 “Quote” Edit Post
I was thinking the same thing, probably has something to do with range, on Ina it says "long distance" -4-2. But then you're talking about Bryan's b+1 which makes me think you're talking about a successful b,b+2 parry which looks identical to Haze 4 except for the Haze startup animation. If you get reveresed by b,b+2 and then recover in time to block, you get hit by the guard stun, but otherwise I don't think Haze 4 actually does the guard stun animation.
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#314 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
I was thinking the same thing, probably has something to do with range, on Ina it says "long distance" -4-2. But then you're talking about Bryan's b+1 which makes me think you're talking about a successful b,b+2 parry which looks identical to Haze 4 except for the Haze startup animation. If you get reveresed by b,b+2 and then recover in time to block, you get hit by the guard stun, but otherwise I don't think Haze 4 actually does the guard stun animation.

Yeah, HAZ 4 does not have the guard stun, i think. I use bb+2 alot and their forced to recover from the block for much longer then from HAZ 4. HAZ 4 just gives you enough time to get out of there, but bb+2 lets you start an offense

Also, does anyone know how many frames it takes Raven to turn around from BT and block using B+3+4?

Last edited by Mr Adam0 on Sep 10th, 2011 at 08:08

WadeTWilson
Shihan
PSN: WadeTWilson
#315 “Quote” Edit Post
is this still alive? anyway can anyone give me some pro raven's to watch? want to see how pros use him.
Signature Ang kagandahan mo ay parang thesis...
Kelangan pa i-defend.
"People get better by learning as they play. The moment they stop trying to learn while playing is the moment they stop getting better. That's all there is to it. Tekken appeals to those who are curious and rewards those who satisfy that curiosity."
-Wu2003
raven_venom
2nd Dan
PSN: <BTS>
#316 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys, how to do raven's double bound... i tried it a lot of times but i really cant do it.. plz help
Signature <BTS> Bohol Tekken Society

<BTS> xD_Silver!
Lee takes "Nobody is Perfect" as a personal insult...
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: EpicStoffer
XBL: EpicStoffer
#317 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys

So i`m messing around to see if Raven had a cross-over in the open (which he did to my suprise), but it`s acting kind of strange. I`ve only connected it several times when opponent tech rolls to the right, but when tech rolling to the left, i`ve only been able to hit it once in many attempts.

The cross-over gives you the bt 3+4 launch (fx. bt 3+4 vs bt opponent, f+3, db+2,1 etc), but it still seems a bit inconsistent, even when the opponent tech rolls right.

Staples i tested it on was:

ff+3, ssl db+2, sdw+1, ff+3, f+1, b+1 B!
ff+3, ff+3 f+1, ssl+1 b+1 B!
ff+3, ff+3 f+1, f+1 b+1 B! (seemed a bit more consistent from this than when ssl`ing, might be because of the range).

Anyone got any suggestion as to what would make the cross-over become consistent?

Last edited by EpicStoffer on Mar 10th, 2012 at 20:35

Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#318 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.gamespot.com/street-figh...owcase-6371142/

"On the latest collaboration episode between GameSpot Asia and Cross Counter Asia, Xian shows us why his main tournament pick of the Frenchman and Canadian ninja is awesome and dangerous."

Raven is a Canuck, oh Canada, eh?
Swisher
Shihan
PSN: N/A
XBL: Swishermonium
#319 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cynnik
I would guess that playing online with raven is not fun when you miss knee juggles and whatnot due to lag.... at least thats my take on it.

Yeah missing those really suck a**!

Also: What is the purpose of Ravens summon mirage?! Like who has time to spam d+3+4 right into d,u,f,b+3+4 anyway...

I have only done this move a couple times. It's cool i guess...just wondering if it has any gameplay value.
Not_Available
Master
PSN: Mc_T-W-A-T-T
#320 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven b,B+2 1~8
1+2 1~3
qcf+1+2 1~5
BT 1+2 1~3
d+1+2 1~5
b+1+3 or b+2+4 1~7
BT f+1+2 1~7

Firstly, got these from the TTT2 reversal window thread, (yay noodalls) does it apply to T6 as well?
Secondly, qcf+1+2 parries?! Whaaaaaa?!