Page Splits 1...<56789>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Keaven
Legend
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Like he said, I don't believe AP has any invul frames (though it can be tested to confirm). I simply think his hit box moves rapidly enough to evade many attacks. When I played there was considerable lag time on AP if no attack was input in time. Not sure if you're completely vulnerable while you stand there, but I tend to believe there is ~20-30 frames of lag where you probably are vulnerable. I was unable to back AP, back AP; so unless it's been changed, it's not possible without the lag in between transitions.
No invulnerability and massive recovery without input. Any character can launch punish without difficulty despite range.
Signature Kevin Massey
National Operations Manager Timezone Franchisee
Shop 5/505 George Street, Sydney. 2000
GeorgeStreet@timezone.com.au www.timezonegames.com.au
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
damn thats unfortunate thanks for the heads up guys
Keaven
Legend
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anyone played around with Pachi's FC df+2? looks like a very useful tool.
Signature Kevin Massey
HarvTarv
Kyu
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
I remember using cheats to play Jinpachi on Tekken 5 (looool) and I used combos with the back+triangle swipe a lot. Do they still have that move in TTT2 or did it change? Seriously, I'm not exactly familiar with the arcade style key and I don't know what the heck "m, homing KND/W!, CH launch" means.
Signature I don't play consoles.
: RAWR!
: Get out of my way, stupid! I'm in the middle of a fighting tournament! *b-slap heals jin*
: Aww
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
b+2 (back+triangle) has been completely reworked, it no longer hits the ground for an OTG (off the ground) attack. It's now a mid-hitting attack that tracks all directions (homing), knocks-down/wallsplats (KND/W!) on normal hit (NH), and causes a stun on counter hit (CH) that leads to a launch/juggle opportunity.

For all legend questions, check out the legend
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
Im pretty sure that i saw in some video Jinpachi trying to get throw to crouching opponent by crouch throw, any info about Jinpachi having crouch throw??

Oh and is df2 taggable launcher?

Thanks
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
He has a crouch throw. I think it can be seen in the last vid posted in the vid section. He throws his opponent up in the air and can juggle from there.
Signature
NazTH
Expert
PSN: Naz_Mk2
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Does the df1,1 jail? I got slaughtered last night from a guy who spamming df1,1 -> db1,2 and db2, 1...
Keaven
Legend
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
I was about to troll about reading OP for crouch grabs before I checked and saw they aren't there.

Time to update OP sandilord.

I'm pretty sure they are in the rest of the thread though, but they are d+1+3_d+2+4

No, df+2 is not a Tag Launcher.
Signature Kevin Massey
poking starter
Virtuoso
PSN: -
XBL: -
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f1+2 to u/b1,5 doesn't work anymore

u/b1,5 no longer hit ground

FC d/f1 on ch knock down like ch d+3

now I use d+1,5 after d/f1+2 it's hit 80% of time
Signature -
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Keaven
I was about to troll about reading OP for crouch grabs before I checked and saw they aren't there.

Time to update OP sandilord.

I'm pretty sure they are in the rest of the thread though, but they are d+1+3_d+2+4
Done. Btw, the crouchthrows have been mentioned since day 1. The link was still missing though.
Signature
tyler2k
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
Interesting enough it appears that King's crouch throw was the only crouch throw in the game that was buffed. Now granted Jinpachi's is the only one that launches, but it's interesting none the less. BTW, any footage of his d+2+4 yet?
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
hey does anyone know the changes effecting jinpachi in the ultimte tag 2 update?
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
Jinpachi changes

Originally posted by alucard81
woops...

uf 3,4 universal hopkick change
fF 3 increased active frames?
db 4 less damage, less negative frames, adjusted property on hit
ub 1 whether you Tag or not, active frames are the same?
u 4 hopkick change
df 1+2 less negative frames, less damage, less negative on block
ws 2 easier to hit when close
FC df 1 more damage, changed property on hit
teleport 1 (I am not sure of the name of the teleport) more negative frame on block
ironmokujin
4th Dan
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
any one have try this
fly[uf3+4] 112:2
or
ub12>F>112:2
the last hit is a throw move when the enemy on air, but it is not easy to perform
Signature http://tkmove.com/ english Move List with frame data Android now online will Frame data https://play.google.com/store/apps/...move.pro.revise
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
i have a question about fly 112:2 as well. is it strictly an air throw? or can i attempt it on a standing opponent too?

also has anyone played around with his charge stance yet? i fear for its usefulness... i was thinking maybe you could use it in combos to either let your tag partner hit more or as a juggle ender seeing as how it reaches pretty far and its easy to pull off. any suggestions would be appreciated.

edit: also will charge evade highs?

Last edited by WangIsKhan on Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:20

Handbag
Clan Forever.Alone
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
Guess what, I believe b2+4 has low crushing properties, a rojer kept missing his d2(?) whenever I parried in time thinking he was gonna jab.
Signature / - Team Andy Warhol
/ - Team Unnecessary Nudity
Paul/Heihachi - Team Iron Fist
Aking/Roger jr. - Team Brokeback Wilderness
Ganryu/Bruce/A.Ogre/Ogre - Team names Undecided
poking starter
Virtuoso
PSN: -
XBL: -
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
I believe b2+4 has low crushing properties, a rojer kept missing his d2

you mean his punch parry ?
Signature -
Handbag
Clan Forever.Alone
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
Indeed, although it turns out its kind of like Feng's long range low shoulder attack that does this weird ghosting through the other player depending on what move tries to collide with it.
Signature / - Team Andy Warhol
/ - Team Unnecessary Nudity
Paul/Heihachi - Team Iron Fist
Aking/Roger jr. - Team Brokeback Wilderness
Ganryu/Bruce/A.Ogre/Ogre - Team names Undecided
tyler2k
#140 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Handbag
Indeed, although it turns out its kind of like Feng's long range low shoulder attack that does this weird ghosting through the other player depending on what move tries to collide with it.

It's possible the hit box extends further than his hurt box confusing the game. Who knows, maybe it's possible that Jinpachi can naturally OS certain characters due to this glitch, i.e. punch parry when you think they'll do a short low which will OS any punch as well, so you right away remove 1/2 the options in the game as well as eat shallow lows, therefore at negative frames where there would normally be an inc 50/50, you can instead turn it to your favor 60/40 or 70/30 (possibly). That would be very interesting and needs a hell of a lot more testing.