Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
raven uf+3 not launching is by far the worse nerf. so many times i catch it on a low-attacking opponent or BT opponent, and no followup...

sure 2,4 and 4,1 upgrade for punishing is great... but now uf+3 has less priority and used mainly as ground hitting (whereby b+3 would do a similar job)

Originally posted by Mr Adam0
Does the HAZ 3 have to be CH or does NH work too?

CH only

Originally posted by Melee_Sovereign
So there's no use in throwing it out randomly then, like I keep seeing in all these video -_- Just when I thought it was a good high poke.

that's like saying it is useless to throw out law's 4,3 randomly.

simple: you use it, not abuse it

Edit: and just to make it clear, Law's 4,3 DOES NOT JAIL

Last edited by yip_noob on Jan 18th, 2012 at 14:41

Signature
RAVEN+FENG CH b+1... b+3 SHING!!
CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

KUMA+PANDA BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!
BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!

Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
Well that depends. Can the 1 in 4,1 be ducked on reaction, or does the opponent have to take a guess whether 4,1 is gonna be thrown out, or just 4.

Maybe Law's 4,3 is useless but people still do it anyway because they get away with it a lot. If the second part of the string can always be ducked on reaction, then it's virtually useless. And anyone not ducking it just isn't reacting quick enough.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
Not_Available
Master
PSN: Mc_T-W-A-T-T
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
Does 3,3 still jail? And is 3,3,4,b+4 useful in anyway? I read somewhere on here that if Raven is hit during the slow recovery he does a Blind Ghost counter (HAZ 4). At least that applied in T6...

Also, is there anyway to integrate his doppelganger moves in TA's or in his game at all, (the u/b+1,f etc)? My latest tekken is T5 so I haven't had any chance to try it out, I need as much mindgame-arsenal I can get when I'll eventually pick TTT2 up.

And thirdly, since the b+(1+3_2+4) doesn't cost any damage, could you use that for a safe tag? Maybe you can b+1+3~5 and tag in your partner instantly?

Grateful for answers AND KEEP THE RAVEN THREAD ALIVE, DAMMIT!
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Not_Available
Does 3,3 still jail? And is 3,3,4,b+4 useful in anyway? I read somewhere on here that if Raven is hit during the slow recovery he does a Blind Ghost counter (HAZ 4). At least that applied in T6...

Also, is there anyway to integrate his doppelganger moves in TA's or in his game at all, (the u/b+1,f etc)? My latest tekken is T5 so I haven't had any chance to try it out, I need as much mindgame-arsenal I can get when I'll eventually pick TTT2 up.

And thirdly, since the b+(1+3_2+4) doesn't cost any damage, could you use that for a safe tag? Maybe you can b+1+3~5 and tag in your partner instantly?

Grateful for answers AND KEEP THE RAVEN THREAD ALIVE, DAMMIT!

3,3 doesnt jail. 3,3,B+4 (hold) never went to blind ghost counter. it just went to automatic backflip ub~b

doppleganger in TA not really...

b+1+3_2+4 yes you can safe tag, timing is more strict now. and no you cant tag your partner in.
Signature

BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!

Not_Available
Master
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
My bad about the 3,3,B+4 and that's a shame about the doppelganger, I had a vision where Raven doppelganger'd into a sandwich combo awesomeness but I guess that will remain but a vision unless the moveset revamp in Unlimited somehow makes it possible. Saw someone in a CV cd under the opponent for a sandwich combo but the u/b+1~f would've been flashier.

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated. I think it's time they buff Raven as an apology for the nerf he got between 6.0 and BR. Make d/f+3+4 a JGc or JGco or something, anything besides the crap it currently is! ...and the skull crusher series safer, and the other 15 entries on my Raven wishlist come true...
Ravenboy<RH>
6th Dan
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
Unlimited is out tomorrow. I will investigate into what changes Raven has received.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
df+3+4 is pretty decent as a sometimes groundhitting, low crush, kinda sidestep move... just doesnt deserve to be launch on block

Ravenboy- And so shall I. Is the update out to Aus too? I hope for the best, but I aint expecting much...
Signature

BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!

KNITEMAREX
Virtuoso
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
For you guys who played him, how's his new move (f,f,n,3+4)? And his qcf+3 supposedly has different juggle properties, anybody tried that out?
Ravenboy<RH>
6th Dan
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
his new move f,f,n,3+4 is his old f,f,n,4

qcf+3 can now launch tag.

qcf+3 does more damage

qcf+3 is useful for a combo ender for safe switching and animation for hits in air are same animation as armor king's u/f+3. Pops them up nice and high after tag assaults.

Welcomed changes in my opinion but still finding ways to exploit them with Lei. qcf+3 will prob become my favourite move due to the importance of red life damage against solo opponents.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
tekken net mentioned something about ravens f+3 ?
also db+2 in TA! might be able to continue from SDW?
Signature

BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!

KNITEMAREX
Virtuoso
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ravenboy<RH>
his new move f,f,n,3+4 is his old f,f,n,4

qcf+3 can now launch tag.

qcf+3 does more damage

qcf+3 is useful for a combo ender for safe switching and animation for hits in air are same animation as armor king's u/f+3. Pops them up nice and high after tag assaults.

Welcomed changes in my opinion but still finding ways to exploit them with Lei. qcf+3 will prob become my favourite move due to the importance of red life damage against solo opponents.

Nice. Never understood why f,f,n,4 got removed in the first place. Any idea if it comes with the same properties? (safe, CH crumple, etc.)

qcf+3 actually sounds useful now

If it's spins them like AK's u/f+3 do you think qcf+3, f,f+3, f,f+4 will be possible after a TA!? (might depend on how many hits you do before the ender)
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
qcf3 to ff+3 after TA! is (probably) impossible. for one thing, raven doesnt recover fast enough.
it will become useful if say as a one hit TA! filler...

on a sidenote, f+3,2 has more range in respect to the second hit. before unlimited, opponents could backdash away from the second punch and whiff punish.

ffn+3+4 is the same as BR ffn+4. exact same properties, frame data i do not know
Signature

BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!

Ravenboy<RH>
6th Dan
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b+2 in TA doesn't do anything... need someone to translate that. I never used it as a TA before so can't compare. All I can note is that it is quick recovery and you cannot continue from SDW.

Things seem different in unlimited for raven. I can't figure it out but every now and then something will happen where I go ?!?!... Only way I can explain.

Also guys. When playing any character with access to a backturn,try to get into a habit of going backturned before pressing 5 if you plan on raw tagging. Less obvious for opponent to punish when trying to escape. Faster and literally dissappear as you go into SDW. Seriously funny stuff when I turtle with Raven and Lei constantly press b+3+4~5 over and over again.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
hahahaha yea i dunno what the change of db+2 is either.
3+4~5 works well as a discreet tag out as well.
i havent noticed much difference with raven, overall not that much better.
i dont play raven as much as i used to, but ill see what changes i can find.
Signature

BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!

ThePostman
5th Dan
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
Can I use f,f+4 to flip the opponent in the air? Like after Steve´s b+1, f,f+2 B! ??
If not, is there an other possibilty?
Signature /
Not_Available
Master
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
I read on here that they added new items listed as "Special" for each character and costs 1mil. Apparently Roger's item (don't remember what it was called or how it looked) enabled him to do Roger's T6 item throw by inputting 2+4~b. Has anyone here been able to try Raven's out, and if so, is it the same as in T6 (throwing star, smoke bomb)?
Ravenboy<RH>
6th Dan
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven has a Ninja Scroll that sits on his lower back. It allows him to shoot a fireball like Sasuke from Naruto? I can't test it as it is not available in International version yet. Only Japan and Korea have access to unique item moves for now... There was an item moves video for New Years on Youtube. You can see Raven use it on this.
Not_Available
Master
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven has a Ninja Scroll that sits on his lower back. It allows him to shoot a fireball like Sasuke from Naruto? I can't test it as it is not available in International version yet. Only Japan and Korea have access to unique item moves for now... There was an item moves video for New Years on Youtube. You can see Raven use it on this.

Alright, thanks! I saw they changed b+1 on CH. Can someone with access to the game clarify a bit what this means in terms of followups? Iirc it KDs FDFT so I guess b+3 is guaranteed, but would Raven be able to pick them up for a juggle with f,f+4? Are there any important frame changes worth noting as well?

Last edited by Not_Available on May 8th, 2012 at 20:37

Ravenboy<RH>
6th Dan
#99 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven's u/f+4,4 is at least -15 now (Raven cannot punish with d/f+2)
Raven's d/b+4 is at least -13 now (from what I recall, Raven cannot punish with ws+1)
Also Raven's d/b+4 feels that it has more frame adv on hit but that's just me.

Definitely sure about u/f+4,4 but not so sure about d/b+4 (Maybe Yip can confirm?). Doesn't affect the way you play regardless but it is a pleasant surprise when an incoming T6 punish fails.

Also if you land a cartwheel on non CH, you have to get used to doing BT b+2,3 for pickup and not BT 4.

Thought I might mention that I was playing around with a Raven + Yoshimitsu combo:

Raven: ws+1, ff+3, 1, ssl 1, ff+3, b+4,4~5 (B!) Yoshimitsu: TA 4~3 Raven: f+1+2

Yoshimitsu's kangaroo kick will sandwich so Raven can land f+1+2 for doppelganger shenanigans. Yet to test positioning of Raven and opponent after the possible outcomes (eg. Opponent tags, tag crashing, cancelling doppelganger).
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#100 “Quote” Edit Post
db+4 is a weird move hahahaha
it's definitely more +frames on hit.

on block, i've been launched by bob ws+2,1, but only sometimes. Never been hopkick-punished though.
perhaps it's based on distance? if so, i would assume further away = safer

appx -11~-14 is what i will say.

---

about 3~4 you get a better juggle now from SDW b+2,3 but i feel as though it is more punishable now. also it's stupid how it's not a low crush, i get so annoyed at that cos it looks kinda like lili's df+3+4 which low crushes..

---

other changes qcf+3 = safe, more damage, and flips opponent high during juggles.

i shall update first post on front page now

Last edited by yip_noob on May 9th, 2012 at 17:51

Signature

BTP df+2,1 Boom, BOOM!!