Page Splits 1...<456
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SnakeShot
2nd Dan
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
Welcome to the club, buddy! We all have been there! The truth is that Lili lacks effective mid pokes.

df1, jabs, crouchjab are the main poking tools. You might even throw in f2, but it is high though. For quick low you can do d4. ff4 is also a good low, but it is not too quick. You can do uf3+4, which is i15 and mid, has great range, safe (-9 on block), and +2 on hit. And if you do uf3+4,3 it is a natural combo and does 37 damage!

qcf3+4 is a great pressure tool, lot of +frames on block. But both kicks are high, so the opp can duck and launch you, but they track right. df3 is also good for pressure, +frames on block, but it is slow as well.

So yeah, Lili-players are screwed when it comes to mid-poking department. Her quickest mid is 1+2, which is i12, but it is also -12 on block and the range is poor...

well i think its quite alright if she lacks in mid poke department, since she isn't alisa and isnt played as one, she's supposed to be like a lady luck type, high risk but higher reward, baiting crush... well thats how i think lili is played atleast for me...

btw ws1 and ws 4 are also good pokes from duckjab mixing it up with ff4 or grab wouldnt be such a bad idea? please correct me if im wrong

as im digging more onto her gameplay... im beginning to love it even more ...Baiting is her specialty

i love b1+2 even though i use it once in a blue moon... its gold together with 3+4 against very aggressive opponents
Signature ~SnakeShot*
-go backroll, i dare you
DrBhup666
Deity
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SnakeShot
well i think its quite alright if she lacks in mid poke department, since she isn't alisa and isnt played as one, she's supposed to be like a lady luck type, high risk but higher reward, baiting crush... well thats how i think lili is played atleast for me...

btw ws1 and ws 4 are also good pokes from duckjab mixing it up with ff4 or grab wouldnt be such a bad idea? please correct me if im wrong

as im digging more onto her gameplay... im beginning to love it even more ...Baiting is her specialty

i love b1+2 even though i use it once in a blue moon... its gold together with 3+4 against very aggressive opponents

Yeah, she is a high risk, high reward kind of character. Baiting and crushing is a fundamental part of her gameplay, but in order to do that effectively you need to have great movement. You need to know how to backdashcancel and bait for whiffs and punish them accordingly. Most scrubs don't know how to move properly in Tekken in general, because the basic movement like BDC is so frikin difficult.

ws1 and ws4 from db1 is a good idea. Mixing of grabs into the gameplay is always a good idea since only a fraction of those who play Tekken are able to break throws.

You can use b1+2 when you know the opponent is going to attack after they block something that is only -4, -5 or -6 or something like that. Qcf2 --> block --> b1+2 hits them more often than not. Because they block they think they can attack, but with b1+2 Lili takes a step back and they often whiff whatever they desided to throw out and you get a counter or a clean hit. You can juggle if they get hit on counter. I still don't like to use b1+2 too much because it is -16, thus being launch-punishable on block.

And what do you mean by 3+4? How do you incorporate that with b1+2 against aggressive opponents?
SnakeShot
2nd Dan
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, she is a high risk, high reward kind of character. Baiting and crushing is a fundamental part of her gameplay, but in order to do that effectively you need to have great movement. You need to know how to backdashcancel and bait for whiffs and punish them accordingly. Most scrubs don't know how to move properly in Tekken in general, because the basic movement like BDC is so frikin difficult.

ws1 and ws4 from db1 is a good idea. Mixing of grabs into the gameplay is always a good idea since only a fraction of those who play Tekken are able to break throws.

You can use b1+2 when you know the opponent is going to attack after they block something that is only -4, -5 or -6 or something like that. Qcf2 --> block --> b1+2 hits them more often than not. Because they block they think they can attack, but with b1+2 Lili takes a step back and they often whiff whatever they desided to throw out and you get a counter or a clean hit. You can juggle if they get hit on counter. I still don't like to use b1+2 too much because it is -16, thus being launch-punishable on block.

And what do you mean by 3+4? How do you incorporate that with b1+2 against aggressive opponents?

IMO, her movement is the best, feisty rabbit,snake dash,crouch cancels, i really like it, especially feisty rabbit, its a nerf version of ling's spin... grabs from snake dashes are incredibly awesome.. and mix ups from crouch cancels are ridiculous ...

lili's indepth gameplay is very perplex ,far from her newbie version

3+4 is an awesome move when your trapped in a wall... example, a ling or eddy cornered you, they go into their own stance... do a 3+4 and it beats every single option they have, since divine step crushes everything
Signature ~SnakeShot*
-go backroll, i dare you
SnakeShot
2nd Dan
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
May i also ask what are lili's crush move properties?... i tried qcf1,2 and it completely went under alisa's b+3+4 and i end up behind her, does it completely crushes mid?

also i might annoy the lili forums cause im been jumping from thread to thread.. but im doing this to master her completely, and i want to dig very deep into her gameplay... for that im sorry
Signature ~SnakeShot*
-go backroll, i dare you
redflash555
Sage
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
I use df+3+4~bt~1+2 as an ender. its consistent and decent damage though not maximum,but provides a good post juggle game. Now what i play here is,i use df+3+4 again,which hits backrollers,people who stay down or roll and people who get up and kick. The only option left is get up straight,if they start doing that i use a ff+3 and ff+4 mixup. The df+3+4 part is perfect and tested to the core. But can the ff+3 and ff+4 mixup be avoided by sidewalking or something,or or is this a perfect post juggle game? Any loop holes in this?
DrBhup666
Deity
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by redflash555
I use df+3+4~bt~1+2 as an ender. its consistent and decent damage though not maximum,but provides a good post juggle game. Now what i play here is,i use df+3+4 again,which hits backrollers,people who stay down or roll and people who get up and kick. The only option left is get up straight,if they start doing that i use a ff+3 and ff+4 mixup. The df+3+4 part is perfect and tested to the core. But can the ff+3 and ff+4 mixup be avoided by sidewalking or something,or or is this a perfect post juggle game? Any loop holes in this?

If you use df3+4, 1+2 ender, they can still sideroll your new df3+4 reset. If they get ut straight they should be hit by df3+4 for a reset if you do it right away. If you are slow and they start standing up and blocking it and you wanna mix up with ff3/ ff4, both of these can be sidewalked since ff3 is extremely linear and ff4 track a bit to the right, but it can still be sidewalked.

If you finish with df3+4,1+2, I suggest you should use more d3 in mix with df3+4. These two options will take care of most of the things the opponent can do. But do other stuff as well, if they start getting up straight, try to sidestep and do df3 for more pressure. It's plus on block. Or do a db3+4 for a surprise low when they are still on the ground. The point is not to be too predictible. Don't just do tha same mixups everytime. Keep them guessing.

Lili har a great oki game, try ending your combos with df3+4,3+4 and do backturned shenanigans like BT 1+2 for a full reset if they stand up straight or try to tech. Use BT d3+4 if they stay on ground or sideroll. If your opponent starts standing up straight and blocking your mid-options, throw them for gods sake!
redflash555
Sage
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
okay,pretty much got what i wanted. Thanks and mixing throws is a good idea.
DetonatorZX-12
2nd Dan
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
sorry if this has already been posted but i have an addition to the hole "df+3 doesnt hit" thing:
i realised while playing tekken 6 that it hits almost every time if the previous move is 1 (not just against big opponents but against all i've fought against so far). so for example if you want to be sure that the df+3 hits just rearange your juggles so that 1 is the move right before df+3. for example: i saw that kane does the ...df+1, 12, df+3... combo a lot (and of course it always hits) but if you can't manage to do what he described in the top post (wait a short amount of time and then input df+3) then do this for example: "launcher", then a 2-hit move like 12 or b+21 and then 1 and the df+3 bound move. should always work. now i know that you might deal a little less damage compared to the "pro version" of the combo, but i'd say its still better to dealing a little less damage than risking not dealing any.
another advantage of this: the 323 ender (which is the best in my opinion) will almost always hit (all 3 times) if you go forward just a little bit before executing it, which makes the combo more safe.

so a combo could look like this for example:
uf+3, b+21, 1, df+3, 323 (NOTE: 12 is a little easier to input than b+21 since you have more time before its too late for the move to hit, however b+21 does 2-4 more dmg).

some other examples:
df+2, 12_b+21, 1, df+3, 323
d+3+4, uf~4, df+2, 1, df+3, 323
df+3+4, 12, 1, df+3, 323
and so on and so on, just remember to input 1 right before you use df+3.

FINAL NOTE: this "trick" won't work too well if you do more than max 3. hits after the launcher.
for example: uf+3, df+2, 12, 1 (4 hits). then the last punch (1) or the bound move which you wanna execute (in this case df+3) might not hit, which will ruin your combo.
Signature Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that's why it is called present.

Lili FTW^^
also using lars, asuka and julia
DrBhup666
Deity
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
^ but why are you so hung up in df3 for bound? You can just use f1+2 evry time is you're having problem connecting df3.

Uf3, b21~b, BT 12, df3 B! df3+4,3+4 does more damage than any of the options you wrote.

If this combo is too difficult, then just do this:

uf3, 12, 12, f1+2 B! df3+4,3+4

This option will still do more damage than any combo you wrote and it's probably the easiest combo in the whole game.

If you wanna use the 323 ender, just dash in or use df2 as your launcher.

df2, 12, 12, f1+2, ff, 323

Combos don't get any easier than this. And this does more damage than your option as well.
DetonatorZX-12
2nd Dan
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
you got me wrong: i wast trying to show max dmg combos. i was just adding something to what kane said. my "trick" helps you integrate the df+3 move into the combo. that's all. i know that f+1+2 as boud move and df+3+4, 3+4 as ender are easier. but not everyone wants to play the easy way
Signature Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that's why it is called present.

Lili FTW^^
DetonatorZX-12
2nd Dan
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
uf3, 12, 12, f1+2 B! df3+4,3+4

This option will still do more damage than any combo you wrote and it's probably the easiest combo in the whole game.

by the way: i just checked: uf3, 12, 12, B! df3+4, 3+4 does only 59 dmg
but uf3, b+21, 1, df3, B! 323 does 63

Lili FTW^^
DrBhup666
Deity
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DetonatorZX-12
by the way: i just checked: uf3, 12, 12, B! df3+4, 3+4 does only 59 dmg
but uf3, b+21, 1, df3, B! 323 does 63

Well, then just just do:

uf3, b21, 12, f1+2 B! df3+4,3+4 and it does 63 damage as well.
DeTrun
Sage
PSN: DeTrun
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Using 1 to connect a df+3 without delay is already known. It's being used in her TT2 staple: f23, ff3~f~u,f+1,df3,B!.

---

In T6BR, if you really want to use df+3 without having to delay your df+3 (like b+21, 12, df+3, b!), not only ending your first part of a juggle with a jab would work, but BT12 and b21 would work too.

Here are some juggles, with total dmg (uf+3 is used as a launcher):

- b+21~B, BT 12, df+3, b! === 67 dmg (which is max dmg and mentioned by DrBhup666)
- df+2, 1, b+21, df+3,b! === 67 dmg
- b+21, 12, df+3, b! === 66 dmg

These have df3+4,3+4 as a bound ender (for oki), so if you want more dmg, do dash 323.

---

Anyways, when TT2 is released, her staples would be f23, df3+4, BT1+2,B! / f23, ff3~f~u,f+1,df3,B!, the latter being higher in dmg and difficulty. So f1+2 won't be used anyway (there might be exceptions for situational juggles/off-axis).
DetonatorZX-12
2nd Dan
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah you're right. using b+21 or BT 12 does more damage. but as i said i wasn't aiming for max dmg combos^^ using 1 is just really easy to do and helped me back when i didn't really know how to juggle but still wanted to use df+3 (i figured that i wasnt the first person to find it out ) i guess the best uf+3-combo IMO is ...b+21~B, BT 12, df+3, B!, 323. i don't think that having to delay df+3 is hard but its kinda annoying that's why i don't do it too often

Lili FTW^^
FloTheMachine
Kyu
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
Learned a few new things from your combo videos, well done they're amazing!
Signature How long will you stand my attacks?
jomkingal
Kyu
PSN: jomkingal
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
your combo vids are awesome!~ hope to see more updates sometimes. haha~
Signature <3 Lili!~
Luffy_Lili
Kyu
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh nice guide... I hope I can be a Lili pro like you ......