Lars Alexanderson - Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Page Splits 1...<119120121122123>...127
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
dr4g0n
Moderator
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 640
From: Australia
#2401 “Quote” Edit Post
Backrolling oki's pretty straightforward and has been covered already, so I won't go into that too much.

After ending with SE3, input DE straight away, and you'll be right over them. Thus, DE1 is really handy because you should be inputting the DE anyway.

DE2 works awesomely if your opponent likes to use get-up kicks, because it'll score a CH for another combo.

Teching/staying grounded, you don't really get anything guaranteed. The stuff Cosmic mentioned works, but again, not really guaranteed. Basically, if your opponent techs properly, then you mix up your options and force them to guess on wake-up.
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1006
From: Cuba
PSN: yeah right....
#2402 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway
but Faceup is only -13 or something, so do WS+2,1.


faceup is -11, so ws+4 is all you get
Signature Does it look like I give a shit?
chumzwolf
1st Dan
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
From: South Africa
#2403 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you play against lars he's speed and random moves are annoyin
Signature I HAVE NO EQUAL....
Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1006
From: Cuba
PSN: yeah right....
#2404 “Quote” Edit Post
I think he seems too fast and random to you only because you dont know him. that happens to everybody when first facing a character.

he has lots of good mids, so ducking too much will get you into trouble. he has damaging lows(d/b+4......f,f+3+4......d/b+1,3.....f,f+4,3) but they are all launch punishable. dont miss the opportunity to punish with a juggle. if you think he will u/f+4 you ss or sw and punish.

you need to defeat lars at mind games in the sense that he will want you to start ducking a lot by getting in your head with lows. if you fall for that youŽre doomed.

the key to winnig is being as much unpredictable as you can, but that, of course, goes for every fighting game regardless of what character youŽre up against. begin by getting to know lars, then youŽll a have better chance at beating him.
Signature Does it look like I give a shit?
leonized
War Lord
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 784
#2405 “Quote” Edit Post
can lars be played well mostly as a turtle and just rush down when having frame advantage?... im kinda used to that gameplay due to alisa and im thinking of using lars as a sub character for ttt2
dr4g0n
Moderator
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 640
From: Australia
#2406 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
can lars be played well mostly as a turtle and just rush down when having frame advantage?... im kinda used to that gameplay due to alisa and im thinking of using lars as a sub character for ttt2


Yes. Lars has enough tools to deal with whatever comes along. Read your opponent and play accordingly.
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
leonized
War Lord
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 784
#2407 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dr4g0n
Yes. Lars has enough tools to deal with whatever comes along. Read your opponent and play accordingly.


wow really? thank God he's so versatile
do you mind telling me his top 10 tools if he is going to be played as a turtle?

Last edited by leonized on Mar 28th, 2012 at 04:54

dr4g0n
Moderator
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 640
From: Australia
#2408 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
wow really? thank God he's so versatile
do you mind telling me his top 10 tools if he is going to be played as a turtle?


Jabs are good.
b1 is amazing
db21 is also good (not as good as BR, but still good)
db4 pretty much homes, but use with caution because it's launch on block and pretty slow.
Generic d1 can beat a surprising amount of pressure.
WS2 tracks pretty well and has good range.


I'll be honest I'm out here. I tend to play Lars somewhere between aggressive and defensive, but I tend towards aggressive because his pressure can be so awesome.

*shrugs*

Hope this helps
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
leonized
War Lord
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 784
#2409 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dr4g0n
Jabs are good.
b1 is amazing
db21 is also good (not as good as BR, but still good)
db4 pretty much homes, but use with caution because it's launch on block and pretty slow.
Generic d1 can beat a surprising amount of pressure.
WS2 tracks pretty well and has good range.


I'll be honest I'm out here. I tend to play Lars somewhere between aggressive and defensive, but I tend towards aggressive because his pressure can be so awesome.

*shrugs*

Hope this helps


im really not good with pressuring cause i really like to keep my opponents out, i tend to be on my opponents face only when im on frame advantage, but when im not, i just space the hell out... i got used to alisa's playstyle so trying the agressive based characters(anna comes to mind) is not just my thing anymore, i just space punish poke rinse and repeat... forcing whiffs are just bonus to me but i tend to do it if im at life disadvantage...

and so im kinda hesistating whether on picking up lars... maybe i should pick other assist for alisa i just dont know which are the available sub that could do very well with alisa's gameplay as well as be a good assist that dish out tons of damage during TA
DigitalCount
Mister Pittsburgh
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6537
From: USA Pennsylvania
PSN: DigitalCount
#2410 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
im really not good with pressuring cause i really like to keep my opponents out, i tend to be on my opponents face only when im on frame advantage, but when im not, i just space the hell out... i got used to alisa's playstyle so trying the agressive based characters(anna comes to mind) is not just my thing anymore, i just space punish poke rinse and repeat... forcing whiffs are just bonus to me but i tend to do it if im at life disadvantage...

and so im kinda hesistating whether on picking up lars... maybe i should pick other assist for alisa i just dont know which are the available sub that could do very well with alisa's gameplay as well as be a good assist that dish out tons of damage during TA
The thing is, you can do keep-out with Lars as well. b+1 is amazing with this. And d/b+2,1 and 1,2 are great in terms of pokes. If you know the SS points against certain characters, or what side is their weak side, you get a whole lot of mileage from SS f+1+2.

I've found d/b+4 to work best at tip range where people get lazy with blocking, especially when you mix it with 1+2 or 1+2~b. Starting point, I guess.
-DC
Signature <CDHP> Chicks Dig Heihachi Players
Steve Gets Fresh

2012: Manji Assassins Political Party
SCT4LIFE
KiwE
Warrior
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 165
From: Sweden
#2411 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the maxcombo/bnb for uf~n~4?
Signature Listen to my latest DJset (Electro/House) @
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBHCx1
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1517
From: USA Delaware
PSN: Heavenstrider
#2412 “Quote” Edit Post
u/f~n~4: f+1,2,3~DE1, f,b+2,1 B! d/f+1, d/b+2~SE3
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
Superboltboy
Destroyer
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 398
From: USA New York
PSN: Boltgear
#2413 “Quote” Edit Post
How to you do Lars' ''jump cancel'' on u/f+4? What I mean is, I heard you can cancel a few frames of it. Lastly how do I know that I've done it correctly? Does the move come out faster? Any special animations? Thanks in advance.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1517
From: USA Delaware
PSN: Heavenstrider
#2414 “Quote” Edit Post
Hold down u/f for a few frames, and then press 4 right after. If you've done it correctly, some of the startup animation (where Lars is turning around to wind up the kick) should be gone.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
Superboltboy
Destroyer
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 398
From: USA New York
PSN: Boltgear
#2415 “Quote” Edit Post
Ah I see, kinda 'delay' it a little hence a few frames. Let me get this straight this is not a real just frame? Thanks for the animation 'sign' to tell if it's done correctly.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1517
From: USA Delaware
PSN: Heavenstrider
#2416 “Quote” Edit Post
It's not a real just-frame, no. It's not something that was intended to happen, it's just in the game because of how the engine works and how the game accepts inputs.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
Mr.C
Kyu
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
From: USA Michigan
XBL: YeahyouRight12
#2417 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm a sucky lars main.. I can't get fb 2,1 for anything when im comboing.. not to mention my dash combos(FF, df 2. Ect) finishers, Plus its hard playing when you can't read your opponent and keep getting hit while trying to block and punish.. a little help before I quit :/

Last edited by Mr.C on Apr 11th, 2012 at 23:01

Signature "If you can't beat em, join em!" Mr.C(aka theskillfulcommander)
YouCantBeatMe
2nd Dan
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
#2418 “Quote” Edit Post
I like and i'm decent with him. I have a 60% win loss ratio on the ps3 with over 1400 games. I'm looking for another character for TT2. Have any suggestions for me? I've been working with jin but i'm not sure if he is the right person. Any suggestions?
Signature My skill is without rival.
Superboltboy
Destroyer
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 398
From: USA New York
PSN: Boltgear
#2419 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going for Bryan. as Lars' partner. I hear Drag has pretty good synergy. And if you want you can go with Wang Lars. Use Waning Moon~5 tag into a free Arkblast (f+1+2) for Lars. It's like a ''double launcher'' in a way, basically it's free. I think this might have changed in unlimited. Correct me if I'm wrong.
To sum up
-Lars x Bryan
-Lars x Wang
-Lars x Drag
in that order
YouCantBeatMe
2nd Dan
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
#2420 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Superboltboy
I'm going for Bryan. as Lars' partner. I hear Drag has pretty good synergy. And if you want you can go with Wang Lars. Use Waning Moon~5 tag into a free Arkblast (f+1+2) for Lars. It's like a ''double launcher'' in a way, basically it's free. I think this might have changed in unlimited. Correct me if I'm wrong.
To sum up
-Lars x Bryan
-Lars x Wang
-Lars x Drag
in that order


I'm not looking for just a TT2 i'm looking for a 2nd chacter in general. Is there someone else whos playstyle somewhat flows like lars. Like jin.. he is like... when he attacks he doesn't extend his limbs for enough so if i want to hit my enemy i gotta be like.. hugging them so i might give up on using him .Anyway IDK, i was thinking of going with bruce? He had a some interesting stuff.
Signature My skill is without rival.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09

Page Splits 1...<119120121122123>...127
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump