Page Splits 1...<111213
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
mithril04
4th Dan
#241 “Quote” Edit Post
@tuch_dis

Gee. Thanks. I really appreciate the effort. This will really help a lot.

A few questions though.
I noticed that in juggles using RLX+2,4 as for B! you end it with a HSP+d+4. Why is that?
And also, I've been doing your juggles in practice mode and I've managed to do them all (I still have timing problems with the b+3:3 but I'll manage. I also didn't attempt to do the one you said was hard to do with Eddy. ) except this one:
CH FC, d/f+4, RLX+2, b+3:3, RLX+2,4~b~f B!, RLX+2,4~b, HSP+d+4
Maybe its consistent for Christie only? I'm not sure.

Well. Thanks anyway. Will put this to good use.
Signature : I AM MANLY!!
tuch_dis
War Lord
PSN: FAULRN
#242 “Quote” Edit Post
First off, it's ok. I'm just glad I could help.

Now in regards to your question about the HSP d+4. If you look at the combo closely, it sais
"RLX 2,4~b~f b! RLX 2,4~b, HSP d+4"

so you do RLX 2,4 b! and as your doing it hold back, and as soon as you go into HSP, hold forward until you see yourself start to roll forward into RLX. You HAVE to let go very quickly so you don't go into a roll and stand up. This is required to go into RLX fast enough to continue the combo.

So to recap. As you do RLX 2,4 b! hold back, then as soon as your in HSp, hold forward (for only a very short time) then do the same thing again. RLX 2,4 and hold back so your in HSP and end with HSP d+4. Understand?

If this is all too hard then what you can do is. After RLX 2,4 b! do not hold back or forward and as soon as you recover standing, run up and do d+2,3. This has to be done very quickly. And once again, if this is too hard to land, run up and b+3,3.

And if you do happen to end up in RLX pre b! then what you can do is RLX 1,3~d and both will hit and you back into RLX. If not, just run up when they wall splat at do d+2,3. This will leave you in RLX for mix up as they get up.
Signature Christie WR3 = Sex! <3
DxJxTxAxKxA
Warrior
PSN: DJGUEY
XBL: N/A
#243 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mithril04

I noticed that in juggles using RLX+2,4 as for B! you end it with a HSP+d+4. Why is that?

Well, just some other extra info. In case you were wondering why that bound ender, HSP+d+4, is used is because it's actually guaranteed, though it does not register as part of the combo. Therefore, the scaling of the damage goes back to 100%, instead of perhaps ending with RLX 2, F+3, which the two hits will be scaled to 45% and 45% of the original damage, maybe 45% and 40% depending on how many hits took place beforehand.

tl;dr: HSP+d+4 is actually the most damaging bound ender for the combo you were referring to.
Signature DJ GUEY

tuch_dis
War Lord
PSN: FAULRN
#244 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh Sorry mithril, i didn't realise that's what you were saying. i thought you meant that you were doing HSP d+4 right after b!

it's like DJ said. Scaling is reset because it's not technically apart of a combo but it is unblockable because it's so fast. there is no time for the opponent to recover and block it. So it's apart of the juggle, just not counted as a juggle by the tekken system. For example, if you played Jin in DR you would know that one of his combo enders was 3~3 which knocked the opponent down and he was guaranteed a d+4. Technically, it's not apart of the combo but it's still unblockable so we consider it within the combo. And because it's not within the combo (as they've hit teh ground) the scaling is reset so damage is at 100%.

Christie also has anotehr one which isn't counted as a combo but still hit's fast enough to be a combo. it's at the wall. W! or b! on wall and you do b+4,4,3+4. Last hit doesn't register as a combo but hits 100% of the tiem and hits at 100% for huge damage!
Signature Christie WR3 = Sex! <3
mithril04
4th Dan
#245 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks guys.

I can get those juggles consistently on the d-pad now. I'm gonna try them out in the arcade (I'm an arcade newbie, only started playing there about a month ago.xD)
BlackChris
Shihan
PSN: Black_ChriS-
#246 “Quote” Edit Post
excuse me.. mind teaching me how to execute the RLX 2,4,B!~b~f, RLX 2,f+3 ?? i can't get the part B!~b~f .... new to christie so please a little help. help will be appreciated ..
Signature practice makes perfect
My lili cmbo vid: Click Here.
You are not ready to face me
-Chris--
--- Curse upon the Darkness, and the Maker shall guide their hands~!!
mithril04
4th Dan
#247 “Quote” Edit Post
What I do is I hold the b immediately after doing RLX+2,4 B! then after about half a second I tap f.

You can see this on screen yourself. RLX+2,4~b~f (hold the b until you see Eddy in HSP then immediately tap f).
BlackChris
Shihan
PSN: Black_ChriS-
#248 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mithril04
What I do is I hold the b immediately after doing RLX+2,4 B! then after about half a second I tap f.

You can see this on screen yourself. RLX+2,4~b~f (hold the b until you see Eddy in HSP then immediately tap f).

i see.. it's seems difficult. the timing. oh man i need more practice.

oh. when i try it on practice mode i get it now. thaanks.
Signature practice makes perfect
My lili cmbo vid: Click Here.
You are not ready to face me
-Chris--
--- Curse upon the Darkness, and the Maker shall guide their hands~!!
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#249 “Quote” Edit Post
db+1+2 into f,f,F+3

Probably possible by hand, not just pstick (just not my hands). Pity there's nothing that really follows on.

Not sure if wr+3 on CH double hit yields anything. Uncertain if it's airborne.
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#250 “Quote” Edit Post
So you could actually do f,f,F+3 double hit with Bryan 1+3+4 into db+1+2 into f,f,F+3.

Two f,f,F+3s in a combo.
chey29
7th Dan
PSN: CraveENT
XBL: Laggy ang connection
#251 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello, its been a while.

Can I ask those JGs which require a b + 3:3?

Stuck with eddy. Christie's range screwed me last tournament.
Signature
Mahilig Maghandstand at humiga

EASTERNBORDER
Iron Fist God
PSN: Easternborder
XBL: Easternborder
#252 “Quote” Edit Post
Dunno if this was posted already:

CH b+3<3
-RLX 2,4,B!, SS+4,3
-RLX 2,4,B!,b+3,3, RLX 1+2,1+2

the RLX 2,4 bound combo doesn't work for Kuma and Jack-6. The last combo has a strict timing using forward dash (f,f) to follow up b+3,3 after the bound. The follow up works better if you do not delay the RLX 2,4. Also the last 1+2 hit won't work on Christie.

d/b+1+2
-u/f+3~D,B!, RLX 1,4,4,3+4 (basic juggle that has a decent damage)
-u/f+3,B!, qcf+3, b+3,3, RLX 1+2,1+2
-u/f+3,B!, b+3,3 RLX 2,f+3 (buffer a forward dash after B!)
Signature "If you want to live, you gotta die trying."
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#253 “Quote” Edit Post
Low Parry, ~SSR, b+3,3, neg 2, ~d+2,3, neg 3 (37 pts + otg hit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...G9fKdvH8#t=368s It was Chitowns Deuce's combo, not mine. It is much easier with Eddy, to the point where a SSR might not even be required. But with Christie, the SSR is a must or the combo resets after neg 2. You have to mash the d+2 after the neg 2, basically a just frame, but not a hard one since you just mash it.

MASSIVE OKIZEME if you elect not to do the neg 3 otg hit and instead do neg f+1+2, HSD 1 for a reset attempt or any number of other scary things out of Negativa that lead to frame traps, launches, and mixups.

I think that if you are not playing Chreddy to get the frame advantage to get further rushdown mixups you are playing the character incorrectly. When I saw the above combo it made my day. Before, I was doing:

Low Parry, f,f, df+1, df+1,1, f,f+1,2,4~4 (35 pts)

...which does allow a running mixup, especially if you tap back to roll back to get out of Negativa after the combo.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#254 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 6 - Eddy / Christie CMV act 2 by CJ800
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWkoRe7NYU0

Tekken 6 BR Eddy/Christie Combo Video - Kknator95
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT1AmYuVWAc

Eddy Combo Video by Orochimaru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf53...player_embedded

Eddy Combo Video By Drake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwV1...player_embedded

Last edited by forest16 on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 03:57

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#255 “Quote” Edit Post
I was SERIOUSLY thinking about using Nina and Eddy as my main team in Tag 2. I just decided to turn on my PSP, pick Eddy in Practice, and do some of my straightforward, signature Christie combos with Eddy instead of Christie.

I tried the combos

3~4, Neg 2, b+3,3, Neg 2,4,B,N,F,N (B!), Neg 2,4,B,N, Hsd D+3, Neg

and

Neg 4~3, Hsd 2, b+3,3, Neg 2,4,B,N,F,N (B!), Neg 2,4,B,N, Hsd D+3, Neg

I was is for a HUGE surprise and wakeup call!!! These combos work with Christie, but they completely miss when you are using Eddy!!!

Dropped combos is not what I am about. These STANDARD, SIGNATURE combos only hit about 10% of the time when I use Eddy, but they hit 100% when I use Christie. Looks like I will be sticking to Christie in Tag 2!!!

Do people know about this??? I mean, WHAT THE...?

:edit:
My combo reset with Hsd 1 is also missing with Eddy.

It seems like Eddy's Neg 4~3 combo is FAIRLY consistent. It does miss when it would hit with Christie often though, I think due to range. Not 100% like with Christie.

Eddy's standing 3~4 is definitely not a combo with Neg 2, b+3,3, Neg 2. The 6th hit whiffs, the second Neg 2.

I think they made it so that Christie has longer arms than Eddy, am I right? That is why Christie can get 3~4, Neg 2, b+3,3, Neg 2,4 to bound and Eddy can not?

It would ne nice to get some feedback in the Chreddy section.

Last edited by forest16 on Aug 20th, 2012 at 16:23