Ogres Top 10 Moves And Mentions

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
leonized
War Lord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
i have no idea with regards to ogre so im gonna let those who know him fill this thread so newbies who wants to pick him up(like me) will have a great start

PLS JUST SHARE YOUR TOP 10 MOVES

Last edited by leonized on Mar 28th, 2012 at 07:33

Handbag
Clan Forever.Alone
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
This forum needs some support, Ogre's getting no love.

Ogre.

top 10 moves for me.

1/d1/f1 - jabs, self explanatory, high, i10, +1 (I think) on block, Best jab range ever

b2 - high, safe (-8), good range, Juggle on CH, 14f startup, +3 on normal hit.

uf 1+2,1+2 - like bob's old uf 1+2,1+2 hit comfirmable but don't delay it too long cause its launch punishable if the second 1+2 comes out, the first one is safe. I think it low crushes somewhat. good range, wallsplats

f3+4 1,2,1+2 - not bothered remembering so ill edit this later but basically the 1 is safe, the 2 is jab punish and the 1+2 is launch punish, its all NC and wallsplats, its been pretty common to see ogres do the 1 and then just grab or mix it up in some way. Don't just fly at them though set this up, the flight is easily sidesteppable on reaction.

WS2 - like kazuya's good range, good tracking, punishable but not too horribly (maybe -14?), gives you a taggable combo, mid, makes for a good half of a 50/50

FC df2 - anna's FCdf2, you get b1+2 for free, its a low, its launch punish (-27) i think but FUCKING crazy range, sometimes deceivingly so. pretty fast too at startup *looks it up* 20!!!??? wtf seems so much faste, o well range is all that move has going for it good to mix with WS2, but not too much since both are punishable.

f1+2 - startup 16f, mid, knocksdown on hit, literally Carries them foward heaps on CH which can W! too. safe, +8 on CH if no wallsplat.

df,df 2+4 - waning moon, just go a nerf with unlimited, I think its +14 now so you can launch with a few charaters I dont care too much about (bryan is one of them)

I only got to 8, but people also use ub3 for launching, I'm not sure thats a good idea though, they also use u3+4 into fly 1,2,1+2 B! Umm ss2 is DJ's launcher, but its not that good, db 2 is popular but its so linear, same as d2 although thats more used for oki when the opponent doesnt want to get up off the floor, good range on d2 as well.

What else... well uf4 is a gimmick i like to use in casuals for people who wakeup 3 too much. df212 is pretty decent but linear and overrated imo. ff1+2 is a fast high UB! that give you a free b1+2.

Yea thats all I can come up with for now but feel free to ask questions.

To sum up ogre as a character.

Pros - range, damage.

Cons - pretty much everything else, ESPECIALLY punishment, it helps if you're one of those players with a strong mental side of your game, since execution wise his punishers are pretty drole and his combos are definitly not hard.

Don't forget to utilize his grab game, mainly to set up waning moon and get them scared of it. What namco did to keep that grab game clean though is they didn't give him a 1+2 grab at all, so an opponent who's even just skimmed over his movelist will realize that the only breaks he has to worry about are 1 and 2 (with 2 being heavy on their mind due to WM)

Hope I helped.
Signature / - Team Andy Warhol
/ - Team Unnecessary Nudity
Paul/Heihachi - Team Iron Fist
Aking/Roger jr. - Team Brokeback Wilderness
Ganryu/Bruce/A.Ogre/Ogre - Team names Undecided
AZYG4LYFE
Winning Moon! #CKT
PSN: AZYG4LYFE
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Handbag, I need to ask after Ogre's WM throw, there was a video that I saw him BT launch an opponent with a move that looked like king's u/f+1+2, you could get a fairly good BT combo from it, is it guaranteed?

link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPaUlHhxUeA#t=0m19s

Also if WM is +14 I think jaycee can get her perfect ff+3 if it's still in the game and still i14...

AZ
Signature TTT2 360 UK Major 2013:8th
I am now using Lee/Ogre, Jaycee/Ogre, Violet/Jaycee, Violet/Michelle. I would like to thank Iron Lobster for being a great Changs player.
Passionate, Aspiring, dedicated Chaolan players, feel free to join the group!Worldwide Lee Players (Violet Included)]
Handbag
Clan Forever.Alone
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I would guess JC could, sorry I'm not a big fan on many of the girl characters so I lack a lot of knowledge on them.

Umm the move you're thinking of is u1+2, I think the combo I saw listed somewhere on this forum is WM, u1+2, df1, df212 although I wouldnt be surprised if the df212 was unreliable. :S

I might test out the damage difference between whatever paul has at i14 and that combo when i make a trip into Osaka today.
Signature / - Team Andy Warhol
/ - Team Unnecessary Nudity
Paul/Heihachi - Team Iron Fist
Aking/Roger jr. - Team Brokeback Wilderness
Ganryu/Bruce/A.Ogre/Ogre - Team names Undecided
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AZYG4LYFE
Handbag, I need to ask after Ogre's WM throw, there was a video that I saw him BT launch an opponent with a move that looked like king's u/f+1+2, you could get a fairly good BT combo from it, is it guaranteed?

link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPaUlHhxUeA#t=0m19s

Also if WM is +14 I think jaycee can get her perfect ff+3 if it's still in the game and still i14...

AZ

WM should still be the same as before around +15 but the tag version is only +13....so far only the tag version was changed in unlimited patch
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
1.jabs
2.df1
3.db2
4.d2
5.f1+2
6.ss2
7.b3
8.b1
9.b2
10.u1+2
Signature FlyMagpie*

CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Handbag
This forum needs some support, Ogre's getting no love.

Ogre.

top 10 moves for me.

1/d1/f1 - jabs, self explanatory, high, i10, +1 (I think) on block, Best jab range ever

b2 - high, safe (-8), good range, Juggle on CH, 14f startup, +3 on normal hit.

uf 1+2,1+2 - like bob's old uf 1+2,1+2 hit comfirmable but don't delay it too long cause its launch punishable if the second 1+2 comes out, the first one is safe. I think it low crushes somewhat. good range, wallsplats

f3+4 1,2,1+2 - not bothered remembering so ill edit this later but basically the 1 is safe, the 2 is jab punish and the 1+2 is launch punish, its all NC and wallsplats, its been pretty common to see ogres do the 1 and then just grab or mix it up in some way. Don't just fly at them though set this up, the flight is easily sidesteppable on reaction.

WS2 - like kazuya's good range, good tracking, punishable but not too horribly (maybe -14?), gives you a taggable combo, mid, makes for a good half of a 50/50

FC df2 - anna's FCdf2, you get b1+2 for free, its a low, its launch punish (-27) i think but FUCKING crazy range, sometimes deceivingly so. pretty fast too at startup *looks it up* 20!!!??? wtf seems so much faste, o well range is all that move has going for it good to mix with WS2, but not too much since both are punishable.

f1+2 - startup 16f, mid, knocksdown on hit, literally Carries them foward heaps on CH which can W! too. safe, +8 on CH if no wallsplat.

df,df 2+4 - waning moon, just go a nerf with unlimited, I think its +14 now so you can launch with a few charaters I dont care too much about (bryan is one of them)

I only got to 8, but people also use ub3 for launching, I'm not sure thats a good idea though, they also use u3+4 into fly 1,2,1+2 B! Umm ss2 is DJ's launcher, but its not that good, db 2 is popular but its so linear, same as d2 although thats more used for oki when the opponent doesnt want to get up off the floor, good range on d2 as well.

What else... well uf4 is a gimmick i like to use in casuals for people who wakeup 3 too much. df212 is pretty decent but linear and overrated imo. ff1+2 is a fast high UB! that give you a free b1+2.

Yea thats all I can come up with for now but feel free to ask questions.

To sum up ogre as a character.

Pros - range, damage.

Cons - pretty much everything else, ESPECIALLY punishment, it helps if you're one of those players with a strong mental side of your game, since execution wise his punishers are pretty drole and his combos are definitly not hard.

Don't forget to utilize his grab game, mainly to set up waning moon and get them scared of it. What namco did to keep that grab game clean though is they didn't give him a 1+2 grab at all, so an opponent who's even just skimmed over his movelist will realize that the only breaks he has to worry about are 1 and 2 (with 2 being heavy on their mind due to WM)

Hope I helped.

this is nice.. i hope someone who is a experienced ogre player may be able to categorize its movements like mid and low pokes, frame punishments, launcher, panic moves and the everything else... this big beast needs love xD
Signature FlyMagpie*

Paranormal Oreo
1st Dan
XBL: Paranormal Oreo
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
My top 10:
b+1+2: Insane range, good damage, good pushback, wall break, and KND on NH.
d+3+4: Quick, allows mixup between FC d/f+2 and WS 2.
WS 2: For mixups, big damage combos.
FC d/f+2: Good range, KND on NH.
hcf+2, 1+2: Long range whiff punishing.
1, 2: Jabs.
u/b+3: TJing LNCer, combo filler/ender.
f+3: Decent range, good damage, KND.
u+1+2: TJ, combo starter, neutral(?) on block.
u/f+1+2, 1+2: Combo starter, hit confirmable, big damage.
Keebs
6th Dan
PSN: BlackJaguarXD
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order:

• 1+3 - Oki, you can catch rolls with 3,2, db2 - etc
  • df/df2+4 - You get a full combo
  • d+3+4 - Mixup with WS2, FC df2 and WS1,2
  • f2 - good range, pushes opponent out, wall splats
  • b2 - Safe, opponent needs to respect your range, full combo on CH
  • 1,2 - Very good jab range
  • WS2 - full combo on hit but launch punishable
  • FC df2 - free b+1+2/d+3+4 on hit but launch punishable
  • uf+1+2,1+2 - (Whiff) punisher (since he doesnt have a i15 launcher), good damage. 1st hit jab punishable whilst 2nd is launch punishable
  • fly 1 - leads to throw,ub3 mixup

Subject to change.
Signature
AZYG4LYFE
Winning Moon! #CKT
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Handbag

Something to note, the b+1+2 setup after FCd/f+2 will not work on wang/roger jr (noted after playing The Phantom on PSN), if they keep still. Next best alternative if that is the case is to use b+1 otherwise d/b+2, the former doing more damage.

AZ
I am now using Lee/Ogre, Jaycee/Ogre, Violet/Jaycee, Violet/Michelle. I would like to thank Iron Lobster for being a great Changs player.
Passionate, Aspiring, dedicated Chaolan players, feel free to join the group!Worldwide Lee Players (Violet Included)]
Keebs
6th Dan
PSN: BlackJaguarXD
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
The b+1+2 setup after FC d/f + 2 also whiffs on Nina and Alisa sometimes. Not sure why.
Signature
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1+2 after fc,d/f2 also whiffs on wall situations, just go with d+3+4 then
AZYG4LYFE
Winning Moon! #CKT
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
New Top 10 for me as of now

1. WM - Standard, no Ogre user can live without this

2. d/f+2- I prefer to use this alone rather than the rest of the string to keep distance in check on opponents, if you use it very well most of the time you can keep them at bay. +6 on CH iirc so you can mount an offense from there

3.FCd/f+2 - My main offense tool (I abuse this quite a bit, if they guess wrong after d+3+4 that's literally half bar gone after 4 moves (FCd/f+2, d+3+4, -Guess 1- FC/df+2,b+1+2= Half bar)

4.Jabs -

5. iws+1,2 - Slowly implementing this move more into my game, delaying can catch them sometimes, it's not so bad

6.u/f+1+2,1+2 - Whiff punishment - Wonderful damage

7. b+3 - Dunno why, but it's there I guess, nice High crush,

8. d/f+1,1 - Nice meaty 13f punisher,

9. u+4~u - My panic button (works quite well to some extent)

10. d/b+2 - Nice low

Special mentions

b+1+2 - Slowly implementing this move more into my game for keep out, catches rollers nicely and raw tags (both going out and coming in) very few can punish it even though it's -18 (Ogre can punish it with his own u/f+1+2,1+2)

d+2 - Nice move on wakeup from a good distance, I use it randomly as well, sometimes they get it, sometimes not, I'd use it more if the recovery was a tad better (same with b+1+2)

ws+2 - Red life etc.

b+2 - I should be using this move more

AZ
grumpy64
Sage
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok mine would be
1 WM hard to break as his huge arms hide his throws and it leads to sick damage
2 fc/d/f+2 kinda slow to use in the standing game but it's great for oki mix ups.
3 b+1+2 great for hitting people on the ground and does good damage
4 d+3+4 also a good oki mix up. Mix it up with ws+2 and ws+12.
5 B+2 safe on block and leads to big damage on counter hit. it also has great range and wall splats
6d/f11 his go to 13 frame punisher on top of that it in be used in oki mix ups
7F+2 technically not safe but the push back makes it safe for the most part
8 d/f+2 a safe mid poke. is also guaranteed after fc,d/f+2 and if the move on the ground you can get the full string
9 u+4u trying to work this more into my game mainly working on oki set ups
10 12 i just use it for pressure
grumpy64
Sage
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
starting to like u+4u as a combo ender more and more. Great scrub killer as lots of people don't know that you can escape the fire by teching then stepping and even if they do u can force a mix up
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
My top 10 would be (In no particular order):
1- 1,2_1,2,2 = great poke, decent damage, outstanding range for a 10f poke, plus frames

2- b+1 = outstanding range, safe, wallsplat, hit grounded. It's a shame damage is lower than kuma's version, still a great move

3- uf+1+2_uf+1+2,1+2 = wallsplat, great damage, no reversable, great tool for pressure, opening for mix ups

4- b+2 = safe, fast, CH launcher

5- u+1+2 = plus frame on block, launcher on hit, damage and range are sick

6- wm = no need to explain this

7- df+1,1 = punishable, but good damage, fast (I think only 13f), and plus frames on hit

8- db+4 = my fav low poke (with ogre, ancient ogre and paul), very fast and instant FC

9- f+1+2 = safe, wallsplat on hit and CH, great damage on CH

10- f+3+4,1,2,1+2 = NC, confirmable, great damage, insane range, instant mix ups, wallsplat. Last hit is launch punishable, so I strongly recommend to confirm the first hits
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
yoloswag
5th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Too easy

- WM (d/f, d/f, 2+4). Grapple which is hard to see. Best throw in da whole game. At the wall this is very threatening cause the opponent should fear also f+1+2 and SS 4.

- Jabs. The range is ridiculous and great frames on block and hit.

- b+2. Great range, safe, CH combo, +frames on hit, great panic move.

- f+1+2 aka TRAIN. This move is cool. Okayish range, tracks somehow, on CH u are at +8, at the wall mix with SS+4, WM to make ur opponent fear.

- d/f+1,1. Great i13 punisher. Does good chuck of damage, puts ur opponent into FC. Tracks to Ogres left. d/f+1 is +6 by itself but d/f+1,1 is +5 which is great.

- FC d/f+2. Range and speed is absurd and this makes Ogre so scary. After this move hits, u can start ur offensive from here.

- d/b+4. Since Ogres lows are horrible, this is an important move. It's only -11 rather than minus million. OK range but quite slow. To bad it's 0 on hit.

- ws+1,2. If u dont wanna go big or go home from FC, use this! safe on block, the 1st hit has better frames (-6, +5) but 2nd hit (-7~8, +3~4) bounds.

- u/f+1+2,1+2. the 1st hit is -12 but the second hit is launch punishable. Ogres best whiff punisher. HC, W! Great move.

- ss+4. At the walls mix things with SS f+1+2 and WM to maintain fear. It's lottery time.

True Ogre has so many good moves that can't make to list.

Last edited by yoloswag on Jun 1st, 2013 at 02:09

Baron West
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Since Jabs are pretty much a given, I'm not going to bother mentioning them.

uf+1+2,1+2 - One of the greatest whiff punishers in the game, without exception. It's fast, has massive range, and wall splats. I have made far too many comebacks by having rage, and whiff punishing with this.

ws2 - My second favorite whiff punisher. From a well timed BDC this moves comes out brutally fast, and has huge range. Between TO, AO, and Kaz, TO has the best version; It has more range than Kaz or A.Ogre's version AND has a much bigger hitbox allowing it to hit a lot closer to the ground.

ufN4 - I use this as a low parry substitute with both Ogres because it leads to massive damage, and it's still only -13. Even when I misread, I will often still score a hit and get a big juggle. Since it's easy to float, it's not something to be spammed, but with a little timing this move will brutally shift the momentum in my favor. Fantastic move, especially since T.Ogre does not have great launchers.

f+2 - A safe simple long range poke. Deceptively fast, and good for reminding people that they have to work to get close to Ogre.

WM - A dash bufferable throw that leads to an easy 80 damage solo, and can be tag buffered for even more damage.

f+1+2 - One of my favorite pokes. Very hard for opponents to get around, safe, and excellent on counter hit. It also seems to go under jabs at times, but regardless a great move due to the potential wallsplat.

Fcdf+2 - In my experience T.Ogre's cold blade is harder for people to see than Anna's or A.Ogre's. It definitely has the most range. Good in FC mix-ups, but also good after a BDC to crouch. The massive range makes it very easy to whiff punish things. This and WM are the main reason why people will duck after a crouch jab.

f+3+4 strings - T.Ogre cuts through a pretty good amount of distance in a short amount of time. Even against people who are used to this, it's a good way to get close to an opponent and create a lot of pressure. First hit is safe, and allows for a lot of mix-ups. Hopefully in the future, he'll have a low, or a throw mix-up from this stance.

ss4 - Fantastic near the wall, but good in general. Very easy to use, when T.Ogre isn't being too flow-charty or telegraphed.

df+1(1) - It's a fast, has a nice hit box, and has a beefy follow-up. I use this often when trying to apply pressure.

Honorable Mention

iws1,2 - I like this both as a poke, and as a move to do after a BDC. The range is very good, it hits low to the ground, and catches people who try to tag out. The range makes it better than AO or Jins version.

f,F+3 - A safe launcher that's great out of FC mix-ups and very good in wakes. Range is not so great, but it's enough to get the job done, but the damage is great considering the safety.

b+3 - Despite being very slow, it can and will hit a lot of good players. This is T.Ogre's most evasive move, as it high crushes and goes under a lot of mids. Combos on counter hit, plus on regular hit, decent tracking and not terrible on block. I use this to get out of tight situations, and it has been a life saver.

db+4 - A quick low poke. 0 on hit, doesn't put opponent in FC which allows for decent mix-ups. T.Ogre needs this move.

Heartbreak Shot - This unblockable has ridiculous range, and an evasive animation. It's very easy to connect with, and it's demoralizing for people when they eat this, especially more than once per match. I hit with this alot with both Ogres, but T.Ogre's is the best version even though Steve's does more damage.

b+2 - I use this a lot less now than when I first played, but sometimes people will get over zealous, and it's good for reminding people to slow down. Even with out the counter hit it's not a bad poke.

Dishonorable Mention

d+1+2 - In TTT this used to be one of the BEST raw tag punishers hands down, if not the best. Now it's useless. It went from 25 frames to 48 frames AND starting super far to T.Ogre's left. Namco, would it have killed you to keep it the same? D.Kaz/Angel Lasers are better than they were in TTT. I'm salty about this because it looks so badass in the opening moving, and then it just sucks in game.

f+4 - The only time I use this move is with Moku-T.Ogre. Does anyone use this move ever? I don't really see a reason to do this over f+1+2.

Last edited by Baron West on Jan 24th, 2014 at 17:17

Signature The danger's real enough. Let's not imagine it where it doesn't exist.

grumpy64
Sage
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
U use ws2 the same way I do.
AZYG4LYFE
Winning Moon! #CKT
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Baron West about f+4, I use this move quite a bit if I know my opponent will sidestep in certain scenarios such as 1,2,2 on hit. The best guaranteed followup is iWR+3+4

Also about f+1+2, it doesn't track well/reliably, despite Ogre's hitbox, I've had this sidewalked occasionally after 1,2, on block (I think it was to Ogre's left). It doesn't go 'under' jabs, it's more of a back evasive move, I like to think of it as a super mini version of Lars' d/b+1, bob's b,f+1, they have inbuilt back evasion, useful if they're at a certain frame disadvantage and want to counter attack.

AZ