TTT2 Leo T6:BR to TTT2 Changes.

Page Splits 1...<910111213>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#201 “Quote” Edit Post
just played with Leo/Lars all combos are the same..same set up..you will just find that the characters are much heavier at first then you'll get used to it...only the b+4,1+2 changed with no push back..but safe on block..i tried it with a friend,he cant punish it with 1,2 on block the rest are the same as far as i know
Kirika
Virtuoso
#202 “Quote” Edit Post
Lars got many nerfs in the game. He became more punishable now.

Mishimas got nerfs too (they were way too overpowered in ttt2 so I see this as a good change).

Basically the characters that suffered got merits, and the powerful ones all got nerfs.

Leo is still doing pretty ok from what I played so far, so this is a really good thing.

I was worried about her bok losing it's crushing properties, but it's still there =)
Signature Silver_Devil

=Infinity=
Fr0zen
#203 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kirika
The changes for Leo's moves in Unlimited were posted in the Japanese Tekken Net. I'll translate them:

db+4= the time for guardback is lowered. (I guess this means it's a plus for Leo?)<-- I read it over again and realized it's a nerf. But db+4 was punishable from the beginning anyway, so I don't see this as a real change.

b+4~1+2= the first hit damage decreased. 2nd hit guardback changed (no idea what this means)

u+4 and u/f+4= guard properties changed. (will have to play to find out)

qcf3+4= first hit damage is lowered.

There's really nothing to fear I guess, since bokuho and her br moves are untouched. Her new moves- b+4~1+2 and qcf3+4 were hardly used anyway. They're too slow to be used in an actual match imo.

I hope this helps-

will post when I find more info/discover something else.

Thank you so much! I hope it isnt anything drastic! Anyway, yeah it is great that her stances were untouched, def. BOK.

-I think that the change for d/b+4 didnt matterr. Isnt already like -30? Pointless... They just needed something extra to put in, haha.

-As for the hopkick, when using Google Translate (which is sometimes unreliable) the change for it translates to: Time has been reduced rigidity of the side guard. <---- Could this mean that its safer?

-I am guessing that guardback = pushback? As referred in Evil_nurse_Anna's post. Or maybe its something else.

-Honestly, I find qcf3+4 to underestimated. I mean, it is there for a moment. Use when they side stepping and spacing? Or does it not have a far reach? Who knows...

But in the end, it isnt bad changes afterall.
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#204 “Quote” Edit Post
Yup i think The Guard up thing might be the Push back of B+4,1+2...its really near, i felt like i threw a 1,2 but the good thing is its safe from -14 with alot of push backs to probably -8 to-9
Kirika
Virtuoso
#205 “Quote” Edit Post
the problem with qcf3+4 is that it's too slow to use in an actual battle, unless you have good timing.

It's good that it's a homing/tracking move though.

I always felt that Leo's reach wasn't very good. On the plus side, many characters moves got nerfed so they became more punishable now. For example after blocking Heihachi's db+2, Leo gets a free launcher.

Will have to see how this game plays out. I also felt that from kinkei stance, her 1 felt sluggish and slower. Combos feel heavier and slower too. The timing feels a bit..off? Although the same combos are used and hit.
Signature Silver_Devil

=Infinity=
Fr0zen
#206 “Quote” Edit Post
I see... How many frames is qcf3+4 in the first place?

And I went back to the website recently with the changes for Leo and translated them. Seems like two have a new translation according to Google Translate. They seem atleast a tad bit clearer than they were before.

-d/b+4 - We reduced the amount of movement of the guard.
-b+4, 1+2 - Has lowered the power from a second attack.
We reduced the amount of movement of the guard of second shot.

Judging by the second change for b+4, 1+2; we were right about the pushback. But, now d/b+4 basically have the same change. So, maybe the pushback was only reduced for that move also. Or maybe it became safer now (not launch punishable maybe? -14?). I am saying this because I heard that b+4, 1+2 was originally like -14 frames but now its about -8 or -9. So, maybe it would apply to d/b+4. I can only hope.
Kirika
Virtuoso
#207 “Quote” Edit Post
the damage of qcf 3+4 got reduced. It was a slow move to start off with in the first place, but still a homing move. Nothing much has changed except the damage. Still safe it seems.

db+4, guardback got lowered. This move was launch punishable anyway, so I see this as an even more useless nerf. Nerfing an already punishable move...what was Namco thinking?

Her biggest nerf seems to be b+4~1+2. Reduced damage and no more guardback. This was one of her best moves to use when cornering opponents near the wall... sigh

I'm also concerned about her u+4/uf+4 launcher kick. Reduced guardback means...bad for Leo.

Basically a lot of characters got their launchers nerfed someway or the other.

Combos in this game feel heavier too. I feel like I have to relearn strategies and how to play my characters.
Thanks a lot Namco, for overwriting the old TTT2. We all have to adapt and learn how to play a new game again.. I just hope this isn't the final version, because this game is not so good compared to TTT2.

Solo vs duo is pretty tough. Tag teams have to work twice as hard to win, due to solo having rage TWICE. Once in 50% life, and another when they're almost about to die. This is a really bad design imo..
Signature Silver_Devil

=Infinity=
Knix
3rd Dan
PSN: NixFearowarms
#208 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kirika
Lars got many nerfs in the game. He became more punishable now.

Mishimas got nerfs too (they were way too overpowered in ttt2 so I see this as a good change).

Basically the characters that suffered got merits, and the powerful ones all got nerfs.

Leo is still doing pretty ok from what I played so far, so this is a really good thing.

I was worried about her bok losing it's crushing properties, but it's still there =)

about time.. His gravity defying hair lost its charm...

anyway guys what's a good replacement for BOK CH1 setup after the stun was removed?
DrBhup666
Deity
#209 “Quote” Edit Post
Leo doesn't have a magic 4 in TTT2 any longer???

That sucks!!!

Isn't that like a HUGE nerf?? Why are people on this thread saying she didn't suffer much?? Namco basically took away an 11-frame CH launcher, probably her best keep-out move. What does she have for keeping out now?
Bunny-
Deity
PSN: Nightbunny
#210 “Quote” Edit Post
Her magic 4 was never 11 frames fast, I think it is 12.

But it doesn't matter, she has enough other good high cruch ch-launcher. With better dmg and easier execution.
Like Bok2 or df2+3. In Tekken 6 there was also Bok1.

Ofc it is right that it is a nerf, because of missing ch 12 frame launch. But Leo didn't have to rely on this move in the first place, like a Law for example.
Signature Oh, it's a coin!
Battle Jitni
AS SOLiD AS jELL-O
PSN: BATTLEJITNI
XBL: BATTLEJITNI
#211 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
Leo doesn't have a magic 4 in TTT2 any longer???

That sucks!!!

Isn't that like a HUGE nerf?? Why are people on this thread saying she didn't suffer much?? Namco basically took away an 11-frame CH launcher, probably her best keep-out move. What does she have for keeping out now?

Stop Trolling...

Leo's Magic 4 @1:10
Signature ~Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.~

My Secret Weapons
Green Red Yellow
DrBhup666
Deity
#212 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Battle Jitni
Stop Trolling...

Phew..! That's great CH 4 still juggles. I wasn't trolling, I just asked about something some idiot had posted in some forum! Fucking idiot making my bloodpressure go up without any reason!!!!!
DrBhup666
Deity
#213 “Quote” Edit Post
Double post
Fr0zen
#214 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Battle Jitni
Stop Trolling...

Actually, he was not trolling. On the front page, I issued that CH 4 had a nerf. And, honestly, it was nerfed; however, I am guessing that they put it back to the status of T6. There was a video and all showing that CH 4 was nerfed. That video is now gone due to the fact that you found a video that confirmed that they put it back. So, at the end of the day, he was not trolling... Js.
Battle Jitni
AS SOLiD AS jELL-O
#215 “Quote” Edit Post
can someone confirm for me if leo's qcf3+4 is safe or unsafe? someone told me it's -10, but I think they might be wrong.

I don't know the exact frames. Is it heavy negative like -8 or -9? or is it like -2 or -3? Someone please confirm. Thanks
Signature ~Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.~

My Secret Weapons
Green Red Yellow
Battle Jitni
AS SOLiD AS jELL-O
#216 “Quote” Edit Post
b+4, 1+2 is unsafe now? no pushback and -10???

Leo's b+4, 1+2 @ 2:40

My Secret Weapons
Green Red Yellow
KiwE
Warrior
#217 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty hard to tell the pushback since marduk was against the wall
Signature Listen to my latest DJset (Electro/House) @
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBHCx1
Edabricsin
7th Dan
#218 “Quote” Edit Post
what does nerfs mean?
Signature Don't let me down...
Tofma
Legend
PSN: toffeemandariini
#219 “Quote” Edit Post
It means that something was made worse than it was before.

For example. ss1+2 doesnt give a launch on CH anymore so it's nerfed
Signature
goldhedgehog
Iron Fist God
#220 “Quote” Edit Post
b4,1+2 is still safe
Signature u wot m8