T6BR Baek QnA/FAQ (1st post) thread

Page Splits 1...<41424344>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 539
From: India
#841 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Marin
That isn't reliable at all, in my opinion it's one of the hardest links that Baek has.
ws2 after db4 is pretty iffy, it requires perfect range and alignment. I use FC d+2, dash 4,3,3~f... to go to the standard bnb. But short juggles like
ws4,4,3~f
d4,3,3,3~f
d3,3,3
are the most reliable.


1. Thanks, but is d/b+4, d+2, ff~433~f reliable and consistent enough?? I have never seen anyone pull that off except a few American Baeks. Koreans Baeks usually go for d+1~f~(Crouch Cancel) 123~f ~ juggles....

2. Also, Baek's 3 enders are all punishable right?? Like d/f+443, d+4333, fla 3443, ws+443?? I guess all of them can be punished by Pauls shoulder d+1+2. How negative are each of them?? Pauls d+1+2 interrupts last 3 of d+4333. What to do against this??

3. Are d+43, Fla 33, Fla 344, d/f+44, ws+44, 1+2, d+44 safe???

4. What is the exact notation of Fla Super side step that is used in matches?? I know that its fla~f~b~3+4(while holding down 3), but in matches most players usually do One Fla~Super sidestep followed up with regular side steps right?? So that makes it for eg: 433(Held down)~f~f~b~3+4~u~u (While on 2p side) right?? or is it 433(Held down)~f~f~b~3+4~f~b~3+4~f~b~3+4....??

5.What are Baeks unparriable moves? I am having a really hard time against Asuka buffering chickens and abusing lows.
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16949
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#842 “Quote” Edit Post
1. d+2 has shorter recovery time than ws+4

2. They are punishable, but not punishable by generic launchers. This is part of the mind game. Also, are you positive that an i12 will beat out d+4,3,3,3?

3. Yes

4. There is no "u" in super FLA ss.

5. do the FLA faint, slower attacks, throws, or lows. He does not have moves that aren't parriable.
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 539
From: India
#843 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
They are punishable, but not punishable by generic launchers. This is part of the mind game. Also, are you positive that an i12 will beat out d+4,3,3,3?


Thanks for the reply...

Nothing can interrupt the 3 ender except a few built in sidestep moves like Eddys b+2 or Baeks b+3, u/f+3_f+3 etc . But Pauls d+1+2 interrupts all the 3enders: d/f+443, 33443,FLA 3443, d+4333(d+433 is atleat -13, so shoulder is guaranteed), ws+443[Free even if we stop at ws+44. Too Obvious cause it is -1?f on block] .

There is no "u" in super FLA ss.


Let me rephrase it this way.... What is the exact notation to get behind the opponent while in FLA stance using FLA Super Sidestep??
For eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2e3T56qIn4

In this particular vid Baek uses MULTIPLE FLA SUPER SSs eg: at 1:05s; to get behind the opponent except at 3:40s where he does JUST ONE FLA SUPER SS, FOLLOWED BY REGULAR FLA SS to get behind the opponent.

So my question is, Do they both work??
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16949
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#844 “Quote” Edit Post
That's not "interrupt," but rather evading. You may interrupt if your move hits Baek before Baek's attack hits you. Being able to evade his attack and deliver your own is not called interrupt.

That being said, Lili's d+3+4 is disgusting against Baek's string. About Paul's d+1+2.... I've got a tool: b+1. Doing FLA 3,4,4,3~f_d+4,3,3,3~f_d/f+4,4,3~f into b+1 will evade Paul's d+1+2. Trust me on this. I had fought my best friend's Paul countless times.

About the 3:40... It looks like 2 super FLA ss to me. This shouldn't be too much of a problem though. What works works.
BlueBolt
Expert
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 140
From: Serbia and Montenegro
#845 “Quote” Edit Post
can someone tell me all tracking/homing moves from baek? i only know b2 x)
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 539
From: India
#846 “Quote” Edit Post
Fla f+3, Fla f+4, f+3+4 Track both sides.
Fla u/f+3, Fla 33, Fla 34, Fla 2~3, d/b+33, d/f+13, b+1, b+4, 433.., d+433, d+33..., b+2, d/b+4, 11?? also track but only in one direction (I Dont know the directions in which these moves track but they surely do though )
jaysissmo
Expert
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 126
From: USA Texas
PSN: jaysissmo
#847 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, beginner baek user here.

I'm having issues dealing with people who ss after any string I do. I can do d433~f on hit, they do ssl up kick or ,in my particular case, lili's df2 and I get launched......every time.

I'm do use super ss but they just ss with me and launch me. My question is, what can I do besides using b1 to stop there ss launch?
Signature "To the Skies I Go! Army Aviation!"
Location: Fort Hood, TX
BlueBolt
Expert
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 140
From: Serbia and Montenegro
#848 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
Fla f+3, Fla f+4, f+3+4 Track both sides.
Fla u/f+3, Fla 33, Fla 34, Fla 2~3, d/b+33, d/f+13, b+1, b+4, 433.., d+433, d+33..., b+2, d/b+4, 11?? also track but only in one direction (I Dont know the directions in which these moves track but they surely do though )


thx a lot
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 539
From: India
#849 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jaysissmo
Ok, beginner baek user here.

I'm having issues dealing with people who ss after any string I do. I can do d433~f on hit, they do ssl up kick or ,in my particular case, lili's df2 and I get launched......every time.

I'm do use super ss but they just ss with me and launch me. My question is, what can I do besides using b1 to stop there ss launch?


That happens a lot to me too.... But here is what you can do ...... (123_d/f+44_433_Any move that cancels to~Fla) 33, 34, d/b+3~Fla, d+433, b+1, f+3, 11, d/f+2, d/f+1~Fla, f+4, 433~Fla, Fla Grab. All of these own sidesteppers.

The following moves are also good but are risky because if the opponent sidesteps and guards you can get PUNISHED HARD!! uf+3(Launches if they try to attack immediately after sidestep), b+4, f+3+4, D+333, d+333, d/b+4........
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 539
From: India
#850 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
That happens a lot to me too.... But here is what you can do ...... (123_d/f+44_433_Any move that cancels to~Fla) 33, 34, d/b+3~Fla, d+433, b+1, f+3, 11, d/f+2, d/f+1~Fla, f+4, 433~Fla, Fla Grab. All of these own sidesteppers.

The following moves are also good but are risky because if the opponent sidesteps and guards you can get PUNISHED HARD!! uf+3(Launches if they try to attack immediately after sidestep), b+4, f+3+4, D+333, d+333, d/b+4........


So sorry guys Actually, the moves that track 360degrees are fla~f+3 and fla~f+4.

All the remaining moves I mentioned are good against sidesteps but are TOTALLY USELESS AGAINST SIDEWALK!!! Pretty much everything WHIFFS ON SIDEWALK

WOW!! SUCKS
jaysissmo
Expert
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 126
From: USA Texas
PSN: jaysissmo
#851 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
So sorry guys Actually, the moves that track 360degrees are fla~f+3 and fla~f+4.

All the remaining moves I mentioned are good against sidesteps but are TOTALLY USELESS AGAINST SIDEWALK!!! Pretty much everything WHIFFS ON SIDEWALK

WOW!! SUCKS


WoW! what that being said, is fla f3 fast enough to stop some one from ssl/ssr hopkicking? However I do believe fla 344 will stop your opp from ssl and punishing.
Signature "To the Skies I Go! Army Aviation!"
Location: Fort Hood, TX
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 539
From: India
#852 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jaysissmo
WoW! what that being said, is fla f3 fast enough to stop some one from ssl/ssr hopkicking? However I do believe fla 344 will stop your opp from ssl and punishing.


Yes, it does. Fla~f+3 owns sidesteps!!


Hmmm.... I posted this already back in T5days, but here we go again....
HOW DO I PLAY BAEK?
Baek can be launched each time he goes into Fla~stance. If the previous hits dont connect then Baek is in MAJOR FRAME DISADVANTAGE. So, is it actually possible to HIT CONFIRM and then go into Fla~ stance?? ALL OF BAEKs LOWS ARE HORRIBLE ON BLOCK. HIS MID KICKS are also EQUALLY HORRIBLE!(-14)

The same goes for d+43 Series!! SIDEWALKS KILL BAEK. Except Fla`f+3 and f+4, all others can be sidewalked. The opponent has only two options against Baek, launch Baek the moment he goes to FLA or EAT MID KICK and BE READY TO BREAK THE STUN!! Pretty simple eh!!

I NEED SERIOUS HELP.
I want to know what can be done in situations like, Baek 43 gets BLOCKED and Baek cancels 433~fla~ and the opponent is ready to launch with a HOP KICK??? Can anything be done in such situations at all?? Fla sidestep is NO GOOD, I already tried that.......


Yes.... SUCKS but what to do? I am already in love with him and his RISKY GAMEPLAY
khotebabu
3rd Dan
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 37
From: India
PSN: khotebabu
#853 “Quote” Edit Post
That 3+4 move of Baek is difficult to master.

You just have to focus The timing and animation.

Here is a quick way to execute that move:

Baek goes in flamingo only on moves that ends by pressing 3.

1) keep holding that last button press 3 in your strings.
2) i.e. df+1,3......... now keep holding 3 and press 4. (Note: df+1,3 includes Auto Flamingo... u don't need to tap F or B)
3)Now you executed your first 3+4 move.
4) Now Just Keep holding 3 and F or B to continue flamingo after 3+4.
5) As soon as the baek lands on the ground, stop holding F or B but keep holding 3,
6) Now you are again in flamingo....... Now press 4 while holding 3.

you have to repeat this step again and again to master this awesome move.
It is a bit similar to marshall law's DSS 'n' 2 (Cloud Gate).

enjoy!!!
Signature If fate means you to lose, give it a good fight anyhow

photobucket gallery
deviantart gallery
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3114
From: Australia
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#854 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
I NEED SERIOUS HELP.
I want to know what can be done in situations like, Baek 43 gets BLOCKED and Baek cancels 433~fla~ and the opponent is ready to launch with a HOP KICK??? Can anything be done in such situations at all?? Fla sidestep is NO GOOD, I already tried that.......


Yes.... SUCKS but what to do? I am already in love with him and his RISKY GAMEPLAY


no.1 dont cancel 4,3,3~f. do 4,3,4,3,3,3
no.2 do a 1-jab 4,3,3~f is -3 so your jab can connect before hand
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

Jiraiya-Sama23
Shihan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
From: USA Louisiana
PSN: Jiraiya-Sama2390
#855 “Quote” Edit Post
Quick question: with the combo df+2_hopkick, 4,3,3~f, u/f+2 B!, d/b+3,3~f, 1,2,3~f, d/f+3+4, how does uf+2 B!? I can never get it to hit?
Signature I walk my own path, regardless of what direction other men take.

Ling of New Orleans
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16949
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#856 “Quote” Edit Post
4,3,3~f needs to hit at opp who is at the absolutely highest possible height. The particular juggle is NOT recommended during a match.
Jiraiya-Sama23
Shihan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
From: USA Louisiana
PSN: Jiraiya-Sama2390
#857 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
4,3,3~f needs to hit at opp who is at the absolutely highest possible height. The particular juggle is NOT recommended during a match.


Yeah, kinda figured that it wouldn't be recommended during a match, but I saw it in the first post and thought I'd try it out. Is that max damage w/o a wall from that launcher?
Signature I walk my own path, regardless of what direction other men take.

Ling of New Orleans
tyrax
Expert
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 124
From: Venezuela
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#858 “Quote” Edit Post
Which would be the best punisher when you have your opponent back turned?

So far the most damaging I've found is ws+3,4,4,4, ws+4,4,4 (87dmg) and ws+3,4,4,4, FC+2, ws+4,4,4 (96dmg, but inconsistent). But the starter is a 16f and WS, too hard to get the right chance for this.

The most attack I've found so far is 4,3,4,3,3 (55dmg). But compared to ganryu or anna's punishment for back turned opponents I think baek's damage is extremly low.

Does anyone have anything better than this?

Edit: The game seems to recognize df+1,3, df+1,3, df+1,3, df+1 as a combo too (96dmg). This is not bad at all, yet I haven't tried it against a human opponent yet. after the third df+1,3 you could go for a fla db+4 and a small combo, people don't normaly try to block low attacks while being back turned.

Edit: nevermind the last edit. It doesn't work

Last edited by tyrax on Jul 10th, 2012 at 17:57

Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16949
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#859 “Quote” Edit Post
@Jiraiya: yes.

@ tyrax: FLA 3,4,4,4 ws+1,3 FLA b+3 d/f+3,4 should give you well above 100. (assuming that you either 3xSS or super FLA ss to get behind your opp)
tyrax
Expert
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 124
From: Venezuela
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#860 “Quote” Edit Post
I find this juggle ender very good, damage is lower than db+3,3~f, 1+2,4 but wall carry is way better, I haven't tried it yet on a real match: db+3,3~f, ub+4
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team

 All times are GMT. The time now is 13:48

Page Splits 1...<41424344>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump