Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
I don't know, BT44b! seems super staple to me. I've pretty much changed every staple to use it now, I have yet to drop ff3 big hopkick 1+2,1 4,4. I don't know how effective to hit after W! though.

One thing I'm not getting used to (well, besides WS launcher), is the 3+4 transitions. They seem super slow, I know there's a punch parry but is anything guarenteed? I really don't understand why, when I have ss f/b2+3 into SNA or ub3 into CRA why I would prefer to use 3+4. The only stance I can think of that doesn't have a fast transition is PAN...

Speaking of transitions b2 into DRA seems fast, would be curious to see the frames. bb1 into lie down is all sorts of bonkers...

b+2 is like what Dynasty said, +2 on hit and CH, -9 on clock XD. But to stance or not its the same
3+4 only good is use for pressure and to TGR I found, so far no one expect to see TGR and react to TGR 3
Also df+1,1 does not jail.
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
daxchua
Iron Fist God
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
A few updates:

CH fn4,1~u_d_f can now go to stances. In BR, it was impossible.

Stance changing is much more evasive now. CRN to PAN, SNK to PAN, and DRG to TGR seems to evade alot more.
Signature I have faced a greater power, and with that clash all my would-be "strength" crumbled to dust. What would men do against such titanic might? Do we just succumb and bend our knees to this conqueror? I think not; one should always endure and strengthen thyself, to give his utmost not only for oneself but to those he calls comrades in the field of conflict but most important is the desire to rise above those that has defeated me. Behold! Impeding battle is upon us! I go to ready myself, for nothing is as sweet in combat as to be victorious over thy opponents.

-Adrian Mogul; Grandmaster of all Jibril
CaCarmen
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: cacacarmen
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice! I was one of those unfortunate few who would get screwed up by this (fn4 CH confirm is super easy, but if I was expecting to go into stance I'd get thrown off...)

I was getting this feel too, I feel his animal sidesteps are much better than before... also being able to tag assist, get Lei into a stance and go on to pressure them is really nice. db1 and b2 are super cool.

I was really thinking about switching characters this time through but honestly, Lei is really interesting in TT2...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by daxchua
A few updates:

CH fn4,1~u_d_f can now go to stances. In BR, it was impossible.

Stance changing is much more evasive now. CRN to PAN, SNK to PAN, and DRG to TGR seems to evade alot more.

Just... Amazing!
-N0WhereMan-
Master
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow! Is this for real? Lei now has instant transitions of stances? Are they still open once you go into transition animation?
Signature Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.
"Babangon ako at dudurugin kita!"
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you seen list changes to Lei in TTT2U?

Copy and paste this link, translation from the official web page.

Link

Click on "Ray"... ha, ha, ha!!!

To my understanding:
f+3,1,2 has a change on the way it hits.
u/b+4 does more damage.
1+2,1 seems like they reduced hit stun or block stun (not sure)
f,N+1,2,1,2 does more damage

I don't know the last move; a stance where you use f+4. Is it WS f+4 or SS f+4? Anyway, that attack has lower damage.
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
1. PHX f+4 is the unblockable. Could that be it?

Edit: maybe they consider PHX f+4 as a legitimate juggle ender (e.g. after balcony break), so that instead of not making it guaranteed, they just reduced the damage.

But that means CH PHX b+3 into unblockable will not hurt as much anymore.

2. If the damage buff to razor rush is true, then that is really nice. I hope the buff applies to SNK 1,2,1,2 as well.

3. 1+2,1
a. Block stun increased / more negative frames - this won't matter at all since AFAIK, 1+2,1 doesn't jail, so you should expect the 1 to ducked anyway.

b. Hit stun increased / more positive frames - this is nice since this makes 1+2,1 a better punisher

Last edited by Battousai on Mar 28th, 2012 at 03:14

Nameless03
Legend
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
Comparing with the other characters' notes, looks like 1+2,1 is now safer on block. No idea what the point of that is, considering it's duckable and already safe on block in the first place.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
the change in f+3,1,2 is taggable, the animation is still the same, was playing with that yesterday.
also balcony break unblockable is either harder to do or doesn't work anymore, did it yesterday on computer raven and it just backrolled out
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
Did 1+2,1 jail in TTT? If not, maybe it jails on block in TTT2U now.

Adding extra damage for the RR seems kinda lazy on Namco's part. It encourages average Lei players to spam bread and butter moves more than they already do. Still, any improvements at all is a good thing, but I wished they did a bit more with stance tweaks instead (like give a branching option to the Crane Dance or make PNS 1 a homing move).

I do like the added damage to u/b+4. It was already a decent panic button attack in the right situation.
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
daxchua
Iron Fist God
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
Ling f+2+3~5, Lei f,3,1,2~5, Ling f+3,1, RDS 22~b!, Lei ff+3,4, Ling 4~3

Gives 60% damage to solo player... Booyeah!!!
Signature I have faced a greater power, and with that clash all my would-be "strength" crumbled to dust. What would men do against such titanic might? Do we just succumb and bend our knees to this conqueror? I think not; one should always endure and strengthen thyself, to give his utmost not only for oneself but to those he calls comrades in the field of conflict but most important is the desire to rise above those that has defeated me. Behold! Impeding battle is upon us! I go to ready myself, for nothing is as sweet in combat as to be victorious over thy opponents.

-Adrian Mogul; Grandmaster of all Jibril
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
Did 1+2,1 jail in TTT? If not, maybe it jails on block in TTT2U now.

Adding extra damage for the RR seems kinda lazy on Namco's part. It encourages average Lei players to spam bread and butter moves more than they already do. Still, any improvements at all is a good thing, but I wished they did a bit more with stance tweaks instead (like give a branching option to the Crane Dance or make PNS 1 a homing move).

I do like the added damage to u/b+4. It was already a decent panic button attack in the right situation.

Or make db+4 homing, they did that for ling's ss+3, feng's db+4 and Bryan's df+3
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
feng's db+4 and Bryan's df+3 homing

CRAP!
Battousai
Iron Fist God
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
Some random thoughts:

1. DRU u/f+1+2~5 doesn't work. What a letdown.

2. I still can't get over the loss of pushback on a blocked f,f+3~b. It feels so unsafe now.

3. Why isn't BT considered a stance? I was hoping TA into 1+2, BT 1+2,1_2 would work. Or maybe f,f+3~b into BT moves. But no dice. You lose control of Lei after you enter BT stance.

4. TA into DRU 3,2,4 doesn't work. I'll try TA: 2,1~f, DRU 4 next time.
Nameless03
Legend
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
Curious here; what sorts of situations are you looking for TA options for? To be honest, I haven't really explored a lot of Lei's TA options, barring the usual:

-ff34
-ff4,3+4
-uf3, CRN4
-f312

They're usually sufficient enough for general use, so I didn't bother finding anymore. Just wondering if you've found something more damaging.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
Battousai
Iron Fist God
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
I just want to see if there are more damaging options than what are being commonly used right now. That, or TA fillers that lend themselves to good oki for Lei's partner.
2 risky
Dragon Lord
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nameless03
Curious here; what sorts of situations are you looking for TA options for? To be honest, I haven't really explored a lot of Lei's TA options, barring the usual:

-ff34
-ff4,3+4
-uf3, CRN4
-f312

They're usually sufficient enough for general use, so I didn't bother finding anymore. Just wondering if you've found something more damaging.

1+2,2
u/f3, 1+2
Signature [Lei2] <<CXR>>
Battousai
Iron Fist God
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
I was watching a match and I think I saw Lei parry a kick from Baek while Lei was in either PHX or CRN. I still can't say for sure since I wasn't paying full attention to the match when it happened.

Anyway I may have just been seeing things, so don't quote me on this one yet.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#119 “Quote” Edit Post
Does CRN 3,4,2,3 allow you to tag out?

Last edited by OffInBed on Apr 17th, 2012 at 02:41

Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#120 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah it does, but ain't worth throwing CRN 3,4,2,3 outside of a juggle, usually you just get low parried by the second hit and not get a launcher at the end...and -12 on block last hit too...