Damn son, ain't NOBODY talkin' up in here!

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
KPractice
Virtuoso
PSN: K-Stick-Practice
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
@Game: Yeah we are pretty strong as long as we get in. We do 300-400 staple damage and can extend our combo's quite easily while SF characters have to do links.

I wouldn't mind a little more power because I still feel it's still very difficult against shoto's (I am a shoto also and I pair up with either Kazuya/Hei/Nina) and the only one that can do anything against me is Raven (sorta plays like a shoto but can teleport). If Kazuya gets close its easy to counter every hit, easy to do a run-away air tatsu etc. Wave-dashing is pretty good, the timing is different (for me anyways) but sweeps beat it (they are just faster).

Despite all this, I am finding Tekken combo's coming together, now is the strategy and setups. I would love to go online and do some damage with just Tekken characters but online seems buggy atm, everyone teleporting and audio glitches.
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, after playing for more than a week. I'm liking the game a lot more. It's a lot deeper than I originally gave it credit for, the combos system is suprisingly fun now that I've otten the hang of it. Tag cancels and meter management are a huge part of my game now. I'm starting to experiment more with the gem system too, as you can really get a lot of use out of it. I've been using gems to optimize my combos, build extra meter, and give me the movement speed I want.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Ok, after playing for more than a week. I'm liking the game a lot more. It's a lot deeper than I originally gave it credit for, the combos system is suprisingly fun now that I've otten the hang of it. Tag cancels and meter management are a huge part of my game now. I'm starting to experiment more with the gem system too, as you can really get a lot of use out of it. I've been using gems to optimize my combos, build extra meter, and give me the movement speed I want.
I've been staying away from messing with gems since they'll be banned in tourneys
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
UncleKitchener
6th Dan
PSN: UncleKitchener
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Gonna main Rolento because he's super safe and hella easy to hit-confirm. Team him up with the other safe Tekken character, Raven and have a blast.
Signature Tekken (2009) was a stunning work of art. Please engage in pointless arguments with me and derail this thread.
Aruvarezu
Kyu
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I see lot of people here complaining about the "nerfed" Anti Air moves, is any of you guys aware about how AA's work in SF? especially in the old SF games?

SFX Tekken uses a variation of the SF2 AA system, some AA moves work better and/or have priority against certain type of moves and only against certain characters, for example: with Ryu/Ken to counter a jumping roundhouse you need to press fierce punch, and vice-versa, to counter a jumping fierce you need to press roundhouse kick, Guile's jumping fierce works against any roundhouse AA of any character, learning each character matchup is the key for AA attacks in SF2 and in SFx Tekken as well.

Last edited by Aruvarezu on Mar 17th, 2012 at 23:21

Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
And they say Tekken is overcomplicated.
Jordyce
The Third Way
PSN: Jordyce
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
They've been claiming since day one that they aren't releasing another edition of the game, even using it as the reason they put 12 locked characters on the disc(along with extra costumes and other shit, presumably). Theoretically with all the shit locked on the disc, they could just send retailers codes to print out and give to customers buying the game several months from now, no repackaging needed.

Did they really say this? I was under the impression that they said this was "the only version you'll ever need". Meaning that they'll probably make a repackaged one including the DLC (heaps of companies do this with Gold/GotY editions), which'll still support online against the original SFxT. Basically you buy now and pay $70-80USD incl DLC characters, or wait another six to twelve months and pay $40 for an upgraded or Vita version.

Basically you pay more to get it earlier, it's usual business. Personally I'm waiting for the Vita version because I prefer handhelds to consoles, and I don't mind waiting a few months to get everything at half the price.

...or just wait until May and get the PC version for considerably less.
Signature www.jordyce.tumblr.com [i tumblr thrice daily, sometimes there's tekken]
www.twitter.com/jordyce [i tweet constantly, but rarely about tekken]
www.youtube.com/jordyce [i watch videos constantly, but rarely post them]
Baraka
[REDACTED]
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs

It doesn't get anymore exciting than this folks.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
king_ruckus
Enter the Ruckus
PSN: king_ruckus
XBL: king ruckus
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
This game is fucking TRASH. I wish i had not bought it. On the trade in I'm losing 70% my money so in my mind it's not fucking worth it. All Capcom is good at is fucking hype man. Bought that shit hook line and sinker.

This game is fucking TRASH.
Signature You two are on some grade school bullshit. Just put an end to it already.
Jordyce
The Third Way
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I finally got a chance to play this, and people are right; this is SFxSF, no Tekken involved.

There is no sense of a hybrid game here, it feels pretty much exactly like SFIV (which feels slow as hell after UMvC3). The Tekken characters don't play or feel at all like their real counterparts... where's Kuma's sense of range? Where's the creativity? Where's the f+1? Not to mention thanks to the deformed art style, the Tekken characters look like imitations rather than official representations.

I'll grab it in six months or something when there's a new version or it's bargain binned, mainly just for my collection's sake.
Signature www.jordyce.tumblr.com [i tumblr thrice daily, sometimes there's tekken]
Xiaho
Champion
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
It is SFxSF, but they did make an attempt at adding some features inspired from Tekken. There's the little explosion and thunder hit effects during an attack, the supercharge, combo system, cinematic throws, TTT K.O. rules, customization, strings/ABC's, launchers, bound, probably more I can't think of..

The characters might not feel like their Tekken selves but they did do some research on the characters when creating them. Law transitioned really well and I feel like they added all the right strings and specials for him.

Anyway, it's Capcom so we shouldn't expect a perfect hybrid mix of the two games. They only create 2D fighting games and this is their first time making a fighting game crossover with another fighting game series, I think. SF fans will most likely complain about TxSF not feeling enough like a SF game because I can't even imagine how they're going to implement all that shit in a T6 engine. There really has to be some serious changes to make those characters work in a 3D game. And do you think when Ryu enters Tekken he's going to be a zoning character? The SF team definitely have it easier than the TKN team with the crossover games.
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
The "strings" are much more similar to MVC3 than Tekken. You can't "catch" or "push" a char midair Tekken style. You can hit "wrongly", losing the rest of the combo. You hit in the exact time or you dont hit at all.
Mixups barely works, unless you are extremely close an your opponent is using a Tekken char.

Theres a very shy attempt to emulate the deep standing up game Tekken has(The "forward roll"), but in the end you will "shoryuken" from the ground anyway.

To say it on other way, they success to mimic some Tekken gimmicks, but don't event have sight of the core mechanics.
d3c0d3d
Expert
PSN: Dec0de022
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
SFxTK's PC version is now out btw

I bought it on the PS3 and I'm kinda regretting it now (Fuck you Capcom and your disc locked shit...), but I still downloaded it on my PC (pirated btw, cuz I don't want to give Capcom my money for a game I already bought) just to try the disc locked characters and after installing it, I couldn't find the DLCs so I tried to look in the internet if someone knows where Capcom placed the DLCs in the PC version but instead I found an article that was published last month saying that Capcom will not be including the DLCs on the PC version... fuck. ;_;
Signature TTT2 Arcade name: Decode
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by d3c0d3d
SFxTK's PC version is now out btw

I bought it on the PS3 and I'm kinda regretting it now (Fuck you Capcom and your disc locked shit...), but I still downloaded it on my PC (pirated btw, cuz I don't want to give Capcom my money for a game I already bought) just to try the disc locked characters and after installing it, I couldn't find the DLCs so I tried to look in the internet if someone knows where Capcom placed the DLCs in the PC version but instead I found an article that was published last month saying that Capcom will not be including the DLCs on the PC version... fuck. ;_;

smart move on there part tbh. Overall they are stupid lol.

Anyway, it's Capcom so we shouldn't expect a perfect hybrid mix of the two games. They only create 2D fighting games and this is their first time making a fighting game crossover with another fighting game series, I think. SF fans will most likely complain about TxSF not feeling enough like a SF game because I can't even imagine how they're going to implement all that shit in a T6 engine. There really has to be some serious changes to make those characters work in a 3D game. And do you think when Ryu enters Tekken he's going to be a zoning character? The SF team definitely have it easier than the TKN team with the crossover games.

*thinks about CvS1 and 2*
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Jordyce
The Third Way
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
CvS2 is lightyears ahead of this mess.