Page Splits 1...<1011121314>...19
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Guc11
One for Sorrow
#221 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sithlord
Deep Theater is on the left. Madman is in the center. Tobi is German (don't know if he went to Damagermany tournie) and the guy on the right looks....Korean?

Nin
Signature [空中 遊戯 専門 学校] [KYSG]

Guc BLOG
Youtube channel

A true master is an eternal student
Spinal Villain
Sodom Eyes
PSN: beastcrafttnbm
XBL: Beastcraft TNBM
#222 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, I just took a guess. I didn't see the link to the pic.

Nice. A CMV legend and a tournie legend.
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#223 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Guc11
omg dude you're so lucky!
Yeah man one of the best weekends of my life.

You is such a cool guy and very nice!

We talked a bit about random stuff (he asked me how I got interested in doing CMVs and similar), then we played a bit in VS, and he explained a lot about wall frames. Damn some would say his knowledge about the game is on the same level as the guys that programmed it, but I dare to say it goes even deeper because he knows how to implement it into the awesome combos we see. He let me in on some secrets (Guc's anniversary vid) and the most interesting thing I found out is that it took him 8 hours with a programmable stick to make that Yoshi combo in the Divine Trilogy. Now that is what I call dedication.

Later we went to practice mode (of course lol), and we played some Tekken on the Nintendo 3DS. He will for sure have some more surprises for us as soon as his stuff gets to Germany.

The rest of the weekend is probably not very interesting for this thread, but for me it was awesome. I got my ass kicked by some of the Tekken finest (Nin, JDCR, Malekith...) but it was totally wort the 20hr drive to get there.

The most awesome thing was most definitely the following sentence You said to Sabre (the tournament organizer):
''I saw that Mad Hittman will come to Damagermany so I decided to come too''

Fuckyea.

You I know you sometimes visit this thread, so once again a big thanks for making that weekend one of the best I ever had (for the 1st time met other Tekken players, my 1st tourney, meeting the legends, and to top it all meeting you, a very big privilege)

Inspired by our meeting I decided to make one more T6 Tekken CMV and I will most certainly continue doing combos in T2

Mass respect

And yeah, lol @ not recognizing Nin

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Guc edited my signature, and I can do nothing abou- I HAVE RETURNED!!!
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#224 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mad Hittman
and the most interesting thing I found out is that it took him 8 hours with a programmable stick to make that Yoshi combo in the Divine Trilogy. Now that is what I call dedication.

I'll let you in on a little secret as well:

Behind every combo lies a story
- Spinal Villain

It was this simple truth that convinced me to start doing my interviews. If most people knew how much time went into certain combos and videos in general, I think the combo aspect of the community would be more greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you had a blast! Who knocked you out of your bracket?

One last thing...

Is it a prerequisite to know what Nin looks like??
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#225 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally time to write about my 2nd most favorite ninja in the Tekken universe! That's right, it's time for a Brootal Yoshimitsu post! Unfortunately for me, my favorite Yoshi vid is blocked in my country so I will not embed it here, I'll give the place to a close 2nd. Iku ze!

THE UNORTHODOX

Published: I have no fuc*ing idea, 8 months ago!!

There is a ton of high quality Yoshi vids on youtube. And I'm talking here just about single char CMVs, don't even get me started about the insanity you see done by DeepTheater in the Divine Trilogy.

However, since most of you guys by now know that I prefer style, editing and skills on about the same level, it takes more than just mad skills to impress me. It has to be the whole package.

Guc's CMV impressed me a lot the 1st time watched it and every other time even more. I even ''borrowed'' some of the ideas for my Furious 6 project. The thing that stands out the most here is the choice of music. It is a perfect match, perfectly incorporated into the vid to put it high on the throne

PROS
- excellent customization choices
- everything featured: character sizes, FB!, WB! etc..., glitches, unique animations and even some unexplainable sh*t lol

HIGHLIGHTS
- The music. Especially the change @ 1:03 followed by a KI-charge vs Marduk. Makes me shiver every time
- 0:47 on Jin. Flash, Flea to u+3+4. Amazing
- 1:42 on Bob. LOL WTF did you do there to break the wall!?
- 1:49. Best combo in the vid. One of the best Yoshi combos ever. KI-charge and taunt after you KI-charge and taunt. And then you decide to even fly a little. You magnificent bastard
- 2:42 on Marduk. No need for words there. a CH f,f+2 in a combo, not even being the last move to hit, is perfection.
- Notable mentions include: 0:39 on Jin; 0:55 on Kuma. That must have been a huge pain in the ass to get into that position, but it was worth every try.

CONS
- MOTHERFUC*ING PIECE OF SH*T YOUTUBE DOES NOT LET ME FUC*ING WATCH THE VIDEO!!! EMI blocked it in my country. Well excuuuuse me for living in fuc*ing Narnia ass*oles

Had to let that out. Thank you Guc for this masterpiece. But this is not all to it. If there are people reading this, but not watching enough youtube and not yet subscribed to Guc, go and check the fu*k out out Five Element Ninja! Let's move on now.

tmd02 gave oldKYSG's Yoshi vid a full review on sdtekken so I'll skip that, but instead move on to other Artists

DIAMOND CUTTER BY ogre KILLER

- A great work of art. oK didn't only create combos, but also the awesome music you can witness in this vid. But fu*k you if you didn't know that already Keeping it real with his trademark, combos are performed only on regulars and smalls. But fu*k you if you didn't know that either
- 0:43 on Anna. Beast. Flash as wallcarry, very nice
- 1:41 on Paul. Loved the wall juice and resplat
- 2:37 on Leo. Very stylish, especially the end
- 3:23 on Kazuya. Love it when he rides the swords lolol
- mostly everything else. oK is the type of artist who, IMO, prefers difficulty over stylish moves and editing, that's why we witness a lot of combos done in wall-free stages, just like TMM. Keep up the great work in TTT2!

Let's move on. we still have a lot of work to do. Another unique Yoshi Artist is Undead Nemesis Dropping two amazing Yoshi vids, he separates himself from other artists by introducing a lot of seriously badass techtraps. Now what I want you to do is check out his Combo Movie and his Combo Video ''From useful, to useless, various combos to help give new juggling options, or just to entertain.'' To quote the artist himself.

God damn do we have a lot of material here! Let's make a quick stop and revisit the next masterpiece:
Okaeshi by the mastermind behind the new Perfect Imput team, sir SMP. Check it out, enjoy it as much as I do, drink some fine wine and smackahoe. Well, alright, don't smackahoe.

And to sum it all up, time to take a trip to Egypt. That's right, by visiting the Youtube channel of T-Virus and The Cursed - EgyptianDarknessTeam - we find some serious Yoshi material. This has been a looong post, so just check this out by yourself, you damn sure won't regret it!
The Ultimate Predator vol. 3 - First Yoshi T6 Combo Video!
Ultimate Predator vol. 4
The Ultimate Predator vol. 5 - The Anger of Yoshi
The Ultimate Predator vol. 6 He said this would be his last Yoshi vid. But guess what? He lied!!
The Ultimate Predator vol. 7

So this is it! Sorry to all you guys I missed out, and I know I did, this post was very time consuming and I put a lot of effort in it, so at least watch the vids before you post TL; DR!!

Oh and ye, my new Raven is out...

Peace

Just reading this again, tbh I'm quite disappointed at he lack of review on Undead Nemesis Yoshi material compaed to the rest, a lot of his work can be seen in other peoples videos being released after.
Signature Perfect Input: S.M.P., tmd02, Eternal_EMZ, Orochimaru, A.X.L.(Kknator95), Mordrek
Undead_Nemesis
Dragon Lord
PSN: Manji_Nemesis
XBL: Not my cuppa.
#226 “Quote” Edit Post
I just appreciate being mentioned .
Signature Perfect Input Tekken 6 Team Combo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhhQKb0no4
Tekken 6 Yoshimitsu Combo Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=low7BmUQLrY
Tekken 6 BR Yoshimitsu Combo Movie: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFLSOIBx7w
Member of Team Perfect Input.
吉光 T4 - "Those who tread the path of evil shall face judgment eventually".
Guc11
One for Sorrow
#227 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah man one of the best weekends of my life.

You is such a cool guy and very nice!

We talked a bit about random stuff (he asked me how I got interested in doing CMVs and similar), then we played a bit in VS, and he explained a lot about wall frames. Damn some would say his knowledge about the game is on the same level as the guys that programmed it, but I dare to say it goes even deeper because he knows how to implement it into the awesome combos we see. He let me in on some secrets (Guc's anniversary vid) and the most interesting thing I found out is that it took him 8 hours with a programmable stick to make that Yoshi combo in the Divine Trilogy. Now that is what I call dedication.

Later we went to practice mode (of course lol), and we played some Tekken on the Nintendo 3DS. He will for sure have some more surprises for us as soon as his stuff gets to Germany.

The rest of the weekend is probably not very interesting for this thread, but for me it was awesome. I got my ass kicked by some of the Tekken finest (Nin, JDCR, Malekith...) but it was totally wort the 20hr drive to get there.

The most awesome thing was most definitely the following sentence You said to Sabre (the tournament organizer):
''I saw that Mad Hittman will come to Damagermany so I decided to come too''

Fuckyea.

You I know you sometimes visit this thread, so once again a big thanks for making that weekend one of the best I ever had (for the 1st time met other Tekken players, my 1st tourney, meeting the legends, and to top it all meeting you, a very big privilege)

Inspired by our meeting I decided to make one more T6 Tekken CMV and I will most certainly continue doing combos in T2

Mass respect

Peace

It must be a great experience. I hope someday I will meet most of you just for fun and sharing knowledge.
About YOU...He's a Tekken dictionary with 2 legs. He is superior in making combos without even entering practice mode, just using frames written down in a paper. Like Sith mentioned, there are stories behind every combos and I think most of us here have combos that leads to funny tales.
Most important, he isn't greedy, like you noticed. Whatever he finds, he will help anyone to know the depth of it, and will share every single important note that it requires.

Guc BLOG
Youtube channel

sniperjin
4th Dan
#228 “Quote” Edit Post
For starters, I'll just drop this here... Then I'll come back
Among the Legends

Peace

hey man, so how did the casual matches between deep theater and nin go? Im sure they played a bunch of casuals??
Signature Harada_TEKKEN RT @secondratesaint Assuming button 5 is 'tag'?
Katsuhiro Harada
No, Button 5 is my nipple.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The fighting spirit is in this bottle!"
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
#229 “Quote” Edit Post
@tmd:
I'm trying my best man, to review all of the awesome CMVs would be unreal to expect. I watch them and enjoy them, some more than others, and I try really hard not to leave anybody out. I give my favorite vid a bigger review, and mention other vids so that the people who are reading this can watch and enjoy them just like I do (if they missed them when they were released)

@Undead_Nemesis:
Thanks man. BTW a few peeps at Damagermany were asking about you and gave high praise to your CMVs

@sith:
being a combo maker among competitive Tekken players was not what you would wish for. I got destroyed (I managed to beat a girl in my group and surprisingly DevilKazuya. Had a few close matches but lost them (i did much better with Raven than Baek, lolol)

@sniperjin:
they didn't play, nin was very busy with group matches and other casuals (there was a line waiting to play against him)

@Guc
Yeah it was man, I just regret not being able to chill with him longer, and actually ask all the questions I wanted (but I got answers to the most important ones, especially ONE considering an epic combo that will be born in T2 )
Hey if you ever decide to visit Croatia (we are literally neighbors) I could probably arrange you a room in my hotel where I work

I believe this is the big next step for us, actually meeting IRL and share knowledge (tmd watch out I'll be hittin London some time this year I want you thurr )

Peace
Guc11
One for Sorrow
#230 “Quote” Edit Post

@Guc
Yeah it was man, I just regret not being able to chill with him longer, and actually ask all the questions I wanted (but I got answers to the most important ones, especially ONE considering an epic combo that will be born in T2 )
Hey if you ever decide to visit Croatia (we are literally neighbors) I could probably arrange you a room in my hotel where I work

You're very kind, thank you very much!

Guc BLOG
Youtube channel

Undead_Nemesis
Dragon Lord
PSN: Manji_Nemesis
XBL: Not my cuppa.
#231 “Quote” Edit Post
@Undead_Nemesis:
Thanks man. BTW a few peeps at Damagermany were asking about you and gave high praise to your CMVs

That's really good to hear, makes the work even more worthwhile . If you see them again say Undead said he takes donations. Only messing lol . If it's anyone I know say I hope to hit a tourny there some day.
Signature Perfect Input Tekken 6 Team Combo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhhQKb0no4
Tekken 6 Yoshimitsu Combo Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=low7BmUQLrY
Tekken 6 BR Yoshimitsu Combo Movie: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFLSOIBx7w
Member of Team Perfect Input.
吉光 T4 - "Those who tread the path of evil shall face judgment eventually".
sniperjin
4th Dan
#232 “Quote” Edit Post

@sniperjin:
they didn't play, nin was very busy with group matches and other casuals (there was a line waiting to play against him)

thats too bad. How did deep theater do in general? Did he play or just spectating.

I remember very well what the atmosphere was like when knee and nin came down to final round (US tourney in Atlanta Georgia) about 3 yrs back. A very well sized group of people waiting to test out their skills against them. If you wanted to get in games with either of the players money match was a requirement. Let me just say their wallets were getting thicker and thicker loL.
Signature Harada_TEKKEN RT @secondratesaint Assuming button 5 is 'tag'?
Katsuhiro Harada
No, Button 5 is my nipple.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The fighting spirit is in this bottle!"
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#233 “Quote” Edit Post
PMs to MH on YT!!!
Signature Perfect Input: S.M.P., tmd02, Eternal_EMZ, Orochimaru, A.X.L.(Kknator95), Mordrek
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
#234 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
PMs to MH on YT!!!
Replied.

In other news, I was forced to quit my job yesterday

The good thing is I will have time to make more reviews here! Expect a Bryan review incoming among others, there's a lot of quality material that has to be done.

I also decided that I will slowly move onto reviewing Tag Two vids (yeah that's my thing - I'm calling TTT2 Tag Two, yeah, I'm soo cool, yeah) Don't expect much though until the game hits the consoles, but expect to see this tread going.

I won't write about SF×T though...

Peace
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#235 “Quote” Edit Post
I won't write about SF×T though...

LOL!!

And I replied again lol
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
#236 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
LOL!!

And I replied again lol
I've got something special prepared for you too dude! Just stick around here for some time, I'm sure you'll like it.

Peace
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#237 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome :O!

Hey btw Mh, I saw you mention London in a previous post, are you refering to "The Lionz Den" Comp in 2 weeks? I'm going to it, are you??
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
#238 “Quote” Edit Post
Man I wish I could, but I don't have the moneys, I'll have to find a job and put some money aside after the summer season is over, so I'll try to hit London before doomsday (21/12/2012). We'll see, I can't promise anything, but I hope to come.

On another note, I have a vid with 5k views!!! Yaay finally! My Baek tech setup tutorial is the 1st to break the border.

I hope I'll make it to 10k with one of my Tag Two projects

Peace
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
#239 “Quote” Edit Post
OK its time to bring some more hype in this thread.

I plan to release not one, not two, but three big reviews in a short time period!
All the reviews have a meaning behind them, and I may or may not reveal why I choose to do them.

Also, since this is my thread, I'll review my vids that have been left out. Hey, don't blame me for self promotion!

Now that the intro is behind us, let's get to business. This review is long time overdue, but hey, better late than never.

REPRESENTING: PERFECT INPUT!

Yep yep, let's take a good look at these guys. Everybody heard of them, the name sounds familiar even to old school soldiers, so lets put them under the scope.

Created long time ago (my guess is during the Tekken 5 era) by Scary Mashed Potatoes (better known as SMP), they started with the name Celestial Beings. This was changed to P.I. some time later and the first cast was made out of the following playas:

- SMP
- Bullrage
- Ares
- Fhwoarang
- Guc11

Many projects have been released, but as far as I know there was no CMV that featured all P.I. members. The one that has to be mentioned though is UNFINISHED BUSINESS with SMP, Ares and Fhwoarang. A very sexy Tekken DR vid with not only combos, but also insane setups performed by Fhwoarang with various characters.

Members have released T5 and T6 vids, some collaborations were made (SMP & Bullrage released two Steve combos - clicky here and here), but it was mostly every member for himself. 2 of the most productive members were SMP and Guc11, who later joined the legendary KYSG team.

After Guc left, some time later SMP recruited a new member to join his team and dismissed the rest of the crew (probably due inactivity, IDK, but I would like for somebody from PI to come here and clear all facts). The new member was no other than the T6 wunderkind tmd02, who, well, got kicked out pretty soon lol This was over some stolen combos and sh*t, but I don't actually care cuz that was just a minor bump in the project of bringing PI back from the ashes.

Then it happened. On july 26th, 2011 SMP created a thread here in the Zaibatsu forum revealing the new Perfect Input team!!

Check out their thread to see how they develop (lol I ain't gonna put a link you lazy bastards )
The cast now consists of

- SMP
- Eternal_EMZ
- Undead_Nemesis
- Orochimaru
- tmd02
- Bmeister

Yes, SMP recruited tmd02 back to the team. TBH he would be insane not to give a 2nd chance to such a talented and productive combo maker just because there was a misunderstanding, or whateva, like I said, I don't care. The guy known as BMeister is included here because the new PI team makes other CMVs now, outside the Tekken world. That is not very interesting to me at the moment (sorry dude, Tekken CMVs ar sirrsz bizznit )

Ok after this long ass intro lets finally check out why the new Perfect Input team is teh shitz on the scene. Here's why:

OLD DOG, NEW TRICKS

Published: Nov 17, 2011

Yes. In a period of 6 months time the new PI team managed something the old team never did: All crew members CMV... almost, lol. Due to a lack of free time and being very busy with two jobs and school, the very own founder of the Team was unfortunately left out.

But hey, don't cry, because before this work of art there was, as it is supposed to be with big projects, a trailer! With ALL members!
->HERE YOU GO<-
With a short display of skills by these now well established combo makers, the trailer prepares us for the big vid I'm about to write now. So let's see what we got!

Project leader: tmd02

PROS
- a proof that the T6 combo scene is still alive (fun fact - T6 vanilla hit the arcades on November 26, 2007)
- choice of music fits the vid well in every aspect
- logos / symbols / avatars - call them however you want they mad style!
- special guest - Velone, my idol in terms of editing CMVs, along with Tobi, was a nice surprise
- combo stages: Stage one - Prologue; two - Electric Entry; three - Frost Bite; four - Our Finale

HIGHLIGHTS
- 2:29 Eddy vs Kuma. 155dmg combo with that stylish ender, I love that move. Same can be said about the combo @3:56, great
- 3:30 Baek vs Steve. Running under Steve and then get him back on track, niice!
- 5:15 Yoshi vs Marduk. This was just soo amazing to watch, mass respect
- 8:06 AK vs Feng. Those wall resplats almost returned you to the point from where the combo started. One of the most stylish combos in the vid
- 10:07 Kaz vs Marduk. tmd02 mostly displayed his Steve and Roger Jr. in this vid, but my personal favorite from him was this piece of creative art. Very unique, new and refreshing
- Some Raven love now. 10:43 Raven vs Kuma. u/b+1~f is always sexy in the middle of a combo. I love how this idea expanded. Then 11:29 Raven vs Marduk. b+4,4B! to f,f+3 is excellent!
- 12:21 AK vs Marduk. Seriously, this was insane
- 13:35 Steve vs Paul. Great UB combo
- 13:44 Steve vs Panda. Loved it
- 13:56 Devil Jin vs Nina. Loved it a lot!!
- 14:11 King vs Panda. 3 throws in a combo, that's whats up

Note: all combos were awesome in their own way, the above ones are simply my favorites

CONS
- Not much to write in this section actually, a lot of combos were on bigs, but that was expected, position reset was mostly turned off. Really, I got nothing

Their official channel is starting to expand slowly with more and more videos being added, so make sure to stay tuned and subscribe if you already haven't.

An important side note that had to be added here, in case it was missed by some fans:
SMP is the director of the best Tekken 6 combo video released up to date - The Divine Combo trilogy, divided in three parts (and a trailer - made by Tobi) that features the best Tekken combo artists on the planet united in a gigantic project - made possible by this guy. :slowclap:

Recently, a new member joined the PI team: A.X.L-Kknator95!! To see why, best would be to go and check his youtube channel. GO NOW!!

So, that's what I have to say about the team Perfect Input, feel free guys to abandon your thread and post trivia up in this bish

More awesomeness coming pretty soon!

So much for this post

Peace
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#240 “Quote” Edit Post
Holy shit epic review, I'm keeping this tab open as I don't have the internet for long! Reading!