T6 BR Wang Character Matchup Discussion

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
this eddy matchup is kicking my ass. its like i cant back dash his shit cause he will cross chop from relax back into my face stepping him is pretty useless seeing as how most of his moves track for days blocking his lows doesn't really get me anything cause our hopkicks blow and even if i was to block low and go for BnA 9 times out of 10 eddies doing a move that either crushes lows or puts him out of range. its also hard getting a read with back 1 seeing as how the timings on eddies moves vary so much. i've had some success with f1+2 and deathfist keeping him out but the second i fuck up i am back to square one with eddy all up in my shit. anything you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
First off, Eddy is so annoying to play against...he can just go at it most of the time and if you try and pressure him you'll eat a b2 (one of the most retarded moves in the game).
Try to space him and lots of ss in between. d2 is your friend in this matchup, spam it.
Use moves like d2, f1+2, db3, d3, d4, df4, f3 (to prevent him from using evasive moves).
If he's on the ground you could try df3+4 to pick him up if he twitches. b21 can pick up as well.

If I had to mention 3 moves to use I'd say d2, db3 and f1+2. d2 because it hits low and grounded and sets up a great mixup. db3 for a far reaching low that tracks and knocks down on CH. f1+2 because it hits very low, far reaching and -13 on block + pushback making it safe most of the time.
Signature
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
hey sandi, awesome advice D2 is the business in this matchup along with f1+2. also when i create space i like to try and bait the whiff so i can punish with DF so far its worked but i fear he might try and bait my DF... but for now i am beating ass and talking shit so thanks homeboy!
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Good job!
Signature
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys any word on the fang matchup? im getting ate up on his pokes and gimmicks any help would be much appreciated
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Lots of spacing. Feng gets scary when he can come in and poke you to death.
Lesser Fengs throw out random f34's (especially if you space well), punish with df21. Lots of fengs do frequent db12s, f14 it. His f1+2 shoulder (which is a high btw) gives + on block so don't be tempted to attack him afterwards.
ss4 block punish with uf4.
You can sw is fff3 to the right.
I also find Wangs b4 great for getting out of pressure situation. Safe, auto ss, good reach and CH juggle.

If you have more specific questions, fire away.
Signature
WangIsKhan
Virtuoso
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Lots of spacing. Feng gets scary when he can come in and poke you to death.
Lesser Fengs throw out random f34's (especially if you space well), punish with df21. Lots of fengs do frequent db12s, f14 it. His f1+2 shoulder (which is a high btw) gives + on block so don't be tempted to attack him afterwards.
ss4 block punish with uf4.
You can sw is fff3 to the right.
I also find Wangs b4 great for getting out of pressure situation. Safe, auto ss, good reach and CH juggle.

If you have more specific questions, fire away.

great tips as always sandi. two things that are tripping me up is fighting against his okie if i lay there i eat a db 4 or ss4 and if i get up i eat f3,4 now this might just be me being a dumbass and not making good reads but at the wall (especially in the corner) i get ate up with this nonsense.

the other thing i have a problem with (just my wang play in general) is i can never really take advantage of wangs okie and it sucks cause i always know what hes going to do. hes going to side roll down, stay on the ground until i make a move and get up kick. the only thing im getting for real is db 3. even d2 misses most of the time granted that could just be me just fucking up.

any tips would be greatly appreciated
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WangIsKhan
great tips as always sandi. two things that are tripping me up is fighting against his okie if i lay there i eat a db 4 or ss4 and if i get up i eat f3,4 now this might just be me being a dumbass and not making good reads but at the wall (especially in the corner) i get ate up with this nonsense.

the other thing i have a problem with (just my wang play in general) is i can never really take advantage of wangs okie and it sucks cause i always know what hes going to do. hes going to side roll down, stay on the ground until i make a move and get up kick. the only thing im getting for real is db 3. even d2 misses most of the time granted that could just be me just fucking up.

any tips would be greatly appreciated
Trying to get up in oki situations often measn a relaunch so be careful with that. Staying down or rolling (not the same as teching!) could lessen the damage you take. After a few times he'll probably start stomping you and that's the moment where you've trained him to not only go for the relaunch. Also, if he always comes for you in oki you might want to get up with an occasional D3 attack. I think a lot of people will disagree with me here because it's launch on block and - on hit but it does get you out of a potentially dangerous oki situation. As with everything, don't overdo it. The most important thing of all is DON'T BE PREDICTABLE.

When he is down d2 will take care of a lot of his actions. db3 will get rollers.
Signature