We Can Stop This Criminal! (Important Video)

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Aozame32
Expert
PSN: Aozame32
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, at this point, I don't know what to believe anymore... I mean, I think it would be a bit hypocritical to say "Don't trust what the media says about this Kony 2012 nonsense, it's all a scam," and NOT also say "Don't trust what the media says about the Jason Russell masturbating in public, it's all a smear campaign." (I'm not saying anyone here is doing that.) As you pointed out, mafia, it seems a bit crazy (abnormal? farfetched?), but I dunno.

But hey! This is pretty neat. It's a little interactive article thing pitting two different bloggers against each other, each one trying to possibly change your mind about this whole Kony thing. You answer a quick question about the Kony 2012 movement, read two reasonably-sized blog posts detailing differing opinions, and then answer the question to see if your mind has been changed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._n_1362450.html

It looks like more people are beginning to disagree with the idea of the Kony 2012 movement being an effective means of creating social change.
Signature I try.
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Aozame32
I mean, I think it would be a bit hypocritical to say "Don't trust what the media says about this Kony 2012 nonsense, it's all a scam," and NOT also say "Don't trust what the media says about the Jason Russell masturbating in public, it's all a smear campaign."

But let's remember, it's not JUST the media that says things about Jason Russel. Even before his public nudity incident, him and his organization have had a history of being criticized by many groups of people OUTSIDE the mainstream media. In fact, the media started saying stuff WAY AFTER any non-mainstream anything were saying stuff.

And quite frankly, I thought the KONY 2012 viral seemed very shady from the start, even before reading anyone else's article about it or anything. And I'm not alone here. It has SO MANY basic characteristics of manipulative propaganda it's not even funny. I was afraid to say anything from the beginning, because... you know, people who are brave enough to come out and say something tend to get verbally attacked without giving any real thought to the whole thing.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
mafia
Iron Fist God
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Melee_Sovereign
I was afraid to say anything from the beginning, because... you know, people who are brave enough to come out and say something tend to get verbally attacked without giving any real thought to the whole thing.

I said something, but it was only based on a hunch; a feeling. But my gut never seems to fail me.
Signature "Who needs swag when you got mojo." - Zaibatsu Dragon
Saint Connor
F.Y.F.
PSN: SaintConnor
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and I fuckin' hurt people. I'm a force of nature.
The Formula: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoAxBK1bdE&NR=1
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mafia
I said something, but it was only based on a hunch; a feeling. But my gut never seems to fail me.

Yeah I saw you say that. I was surprised you didn't get attacked right away. lol

I saw people on youtube get attacked back when this whole thing started.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
mafia
Iron Fist God
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I was surprised as well. I think it's because people are more familiar with me here. I've stopped paying attention to this Kony thing, or Invisible Children. As quickly as the hype escalated, it diminished. An internet fad, and sense of worth is all it was, to me anyway. But I'm sure they've gotten a few new people to march with them, and that's not a bad thing, if their cause is just.
Signature "Who needs swag when you got mojo." - Zaibatsu Dragon