Page Splits 1...<373839
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#761 “Quote” Edit Post
His basics are too good, i mean look at his ss/sw, sikk. Definetly a player up there with Knee and Nin back in the days, he just needs dust of the rust of his shoulders.
Yes launch from ssr/swr to f+1+2 is good thinking since it leads you to onaxis full wallcombo and you dont end up offaxis, where you can only hit f3 insted f31
Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: ForestSkies
#762 “Quote” Edit Post
Way back in Tekken Tag, I used to use b+4,3 like nobody's business. Now, in Tekken 6, I notice people tend to backdash out of range alot when they see my Bruce closing in on them. This was no big deal in Tekken Tag 1 for Bruce, I would just f,f run into range, and then immediately do b+4,3. This was super good. since the input for the one two knee combo is with a back input, Bruce could do f,f~b+4,3 to get into their face and there was almost nothing that they could do about it.

Now, b+4 is 14 frames, slower, AND, it has shitty range compared to back then. Namco-Bandai nerfed the shit out of Bruce's bread and butter b+4,3 move. I remember doing things like

f,f~b+4,3 (blocked), they try to throw Bruce as retaliation, and Bruce did a standing basic jab (LP) and the standing basic jab beat out the throw attempt, even after the b+4,3 got blocked! So, since 1,2,4 (h,h,m) started with Bruce's standing basic left punch and ended in a super fast and safe mid kick with pushback and whatnot, f,f~b+4,3 (blocked), 1,2,4, then maybe another b+4,3, was all crazy, practically all uninterruptable.

My problem is, this is all engraved into my head when I play as Bruce. Now, in Tekken 6 BR, I try to use this same strategy. I do:

b+4,3, 1, 1, b+4,3, 1

Mixed up with b,f+4 or d+4 or throws. But, at 14 frames, b+4,3 is not working out, AND it is -10, which is so weird. I want to use Bruce like I did back then, but Namco-Bandai nerfed the hell out of him. He has no basic 13 frame df+1 for poking, 16 frames is hella slow for a df+1. You can not use his standing basic 3 to set up a throw attempt. 3,2,f into crouch dash mixups are punishable AND interruptable. df+4 is 14 frames. The list of nerfs and things I do not like goes on.

b+4,3 is too slow at 14 frames, and it should be like -3 on block for the second hit. And more range and more damage. If they did that and made his b+4,3 good again, they could take out his b+2 and I would be OK with it.
Hugo
Expert
#763 “Quote” Edit Post
b+4 was 14 frames in ttt aswell... (b+4,3 was also -7 on block, so 1,2,4 was by no means uninterruptable)

EDIT: I do however agree that it was much better in ttt, mostly due to having better range, and being safe on block.
Signature Fuck that bitch
Kairat
Kyu
#764 “Quote” Edit Post
Who is the best of Bruces?
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#765 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kairat
Who is the best of Bruces?

Adnanish is THE BEST.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#766 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lilleboff
Adnanish is THE BEST.

maybe i am in Europe

But imo, Rain from Korea used to be the best Bruce player around. But since hes stopped playing, id say its HelpMe at the moment whos returned from army services after some time, his performance in recent Tekken Crash Royal Rumble with Bruce wowed me completely.
Imo hes overall top3 in Korea alongside Nin and Knee.
Insanelee from the US and A is also a honorable mention
Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#767 “Quote” Edit Post
I stopped using Bruce maybe half a year ago. Something was missing from my Bruce. But now, I have my backdash down pat. With my backdash, for whiff punishing, or just as a random mixup, I use CD+2 mixed up with CD+3. I feel like I owe it to my recent playtime as Bob, though, I think that is what made me a better player overall.

I think that Bruce's db+2,1,4 as a wall combo is OK at best, but I think I have come up with a better wall combo that gives Bruce an insane amount of frames for wall OKI, which db+2,1,4 does not with its very long recovery time, giving up the momentum that Bruce should have! I mean, fuck, Bruce got a wall combo, he SHOULD be able to followup with wall pressure. He should not have to be at minus frames or even frames at the best of times as with the f+3, db+2,1,4 combo.

From a position reset on Electric Fountain stage:

uf+4, f+4,3,4, MTS f+1 (B!), 3,2,f,1,2 (W!), f,f, 1, df+4, MTS f+1 (11-hits, 89 pts)
With this combo, Bruce can sidestep in the direction that they tech roll in and f+3+4 for a safe wallsplat attempt that is a knee, unreversable! It looks uninterruptable, but I might be wrong. I found this combo after going into practice mode with the intention of finding a better, easier (less hits for the same damage) and better OKI wall combo for Bruce after playing with Bob for awhile.

I just noticed that Bob's wall combo, when bound was already used and Bob got a wallsplat, that he did (W!) 1, df+1, d+3+4. Bruce has a 10-frame jab, much like the first hit in Bob's wall combo, Bob's df+1 is 14 frames, the same as Bruce's df+4, and Bruce has a couple of mids out of MTS that can serve the purpose of being a wall combo ender with the damage reset back up to 70%. It just so happens that Bruce's f+1 gives Bruce massive OKI options!

uf+4, f+4,3,4, MTS f+1 (B!), 3,2,f,1,2 (W!), f,f, 1,2, db+2,1,4 (13-hits, 89 pts)
With this combo, Bruce is still recovering from the combo while they tech roll. The opponent will now dictate what happens next.

uf+4, f+4,3,4, MTS f+1 (B!), 3,2,f,1,2 (W!), f,f, 2,4, MTS f+1 (92 pts)
Even more damage and the same OKI options.

uf+4, f+4,3,4, MTS f+1 (B!), 3,2,f,1,2 (W!), f,f, df+4, MTS f+1 (86 pts)
Sometimes they are slumping down on the wall really far by the time Bruce can run over to the wall, making the wall jab miss. This wall combo should always hit in those situations.

uf+4, f+4,3,4, MTS 3 (W!), f,f, df+1,2 (B!), df+4, MTS f+1 (88 pts)
Now, THIS combo really feels like a Bob wall combo! All Bruce needs now is a Bob SS+1+2

Discuss! Isn't it time Bruce had a wall combo that gave him wall OKI? He has such great wall carry, but after the wall combo, the opponent always seems to be able to get away from the wall, Bruce has trouble due to a frame disadvantage and loss of momentum. The opponent can crush or beat out whatever Bruce does after the db+2,1,4 wall combo.

Last edited by forest16 on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 10:36

Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#768 “Quote” Edit Post
with db214 your sometimes not in range for mids like f3+4, which is why i after often prefer a cdmixup or lows like cd3 and db3+4 to close the range.
I agree with mts f1 having better recovery which gives more options and i use 24f1 myself at times as post b! wallcombo. But mostly i think a db214 wallcombo with delayed 4 is too much damage to give away, in most situations it gives 8 more points of damage than 24f1 as example, when the 4 is delayed.
Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#769 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish
with db214 your sometimes not in range for mids like f3+4, which is why i after often prefer a cdmixup or lows like cd3 and db3+4 to close the range.
I agree with mts f1 having better recovery which gives more options and i use 24f1 myself at times as post b! wallcombo. But mostly i think a db214 wallcombo with delayed 4 is too much damage to give away, in most situations it gives 8 more points of damage than 24f1 as example, when the 4 is delayed.
A long time ago, maybe a year or more, like maybe 2 years even, I went into practice mode and tried to get the delay on the last hit of db+2,1,4 to consistently reset the damage percentage back up to 70%. But I was unable to get it consistently, and at times I was letting them tech roll before the last hit every time, then the next time it was too early, then the next time they tech rolled before the last hit, etc., you get the idea. The window for the damage reset is so small and you are risking alot, possibly even getting launched if the last hit whiffs and they tech(?) I stopped delaying the last hit after that, I never delay it, I play it safe.
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#770 “Quote” Edit Post
Only times it gets inconsistent for me and i play it safe, is vs small characters such as Ling. Other than that it works out just fine, its a matter of timing
Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#771 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish
Only times it gets inconsistent for me and i play it safe, is vs small characters such as Ling. Other than that it works out just fine, its a matter of timing
Try doing it after using 2,4, f+1 as bound move it makes the timing different.
JaLoHa21
Kyu
PSN: JaLoHa21
#772 “Quote” Edit Post
When ever I do the first part of his CD2, f+3, f+4,3,4 BSf+1 B! combo. It never seems to connect, can anyone tell me why his BSf+1 isn't connecting?

Last edited by JaLoHa21 on Aug 10th, 2012 at 09:55

Signature I CANT WAIT TILL I MASTER LEI!!!
*Two years later*
FINALLY!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#773 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JaLoHa21
When ever I do the first part of his CD2, f+3, f+4,3,4 BSf+1 B! combo. It never seems to connect, can anyone tell me why his BSf+1 isn't connecting?
You need to really do all commands as fast as possible. Any slight delay makes it miss. If off axis a tiny bit or out of range a bit, the combo may miss too. I hold my breath and mash f+1.

I see almost all of the top players like Rain just using launch, f+3, df+4, f+1 (B!), f+3, 3,2,f,1 etc. Good damage, and it is the most consistent. I use that combo too.
JaLoHa21
Kyu
PSN: JaLoHa21
#774 “Quote” Edit Post
Alright, thanks. I'll try that sometime.
Signature I CANT WAIT TILL I MASTER LEI!!!
*Two years later*
FINALLY!
LetS
3rd Dan
#775 “Quote” Edit Post
Who can help me? How I can do juggle on Big chars, kuma/panda on wall?

Last edited by LetS on Aug 4th, 2013 at 05:32

Signature EWGF AbuseR
Spam BOT
DeathFIST_DM AbuseR
B! dash d/f~ff, d/b2~...