Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
There are some characters that have a really linear WS4 that you can SS, but yeah for the most part you're going to get locked down with WS4.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
I think df+4 is much better at the wall. -4 on block, 18 points of damage if it hits, 12 frames. If they block the df+4, the pushback puts Nina at the range where, if they attack, it will likely whiff. And, you just went mid, so it might be good to go low with d+2 or db+3 next.

And how about 4,3,2 at the wall? -10, 11 frames. Just back to Nina's magic 4, if they choose to duck and punish Nina's magic 4, she has a full 3 hit string from her magic 4, which I think is great, she still gets the launch. ALSO! I saw only_practice using magic 4 at the wall against a cornered opponent.

I think Quicksilverman used uf+4,3,4,SS+1,b, etc. at the wall and won a round VS JDCR with it. You can always mix up the uf+4,3,4 with UF+4 which is a cH launch and wall combo at the wall with df+1, 1+4 (B!) etc., and it is -9, time for SSR+2.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest you can't really "mix" uf434 with df4 you can use uf434 once in a blue moon and even then its still really risky.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
Forest you can't really "mix" uf434 with df4 you can use uf434 once in a blue moon and even then its still really risky.
I know. BTW I beat this good Law player in a FT10 today with Nina, 10-7. I asked him if I could use throws and he said, "I don't really care if you use throws." SO, I was trying to go for df,df+1, but I noticed that I often got hit when I was trying to go for my special grab, but I was able to grab him with the f+1+3 or f+2+4 grab, but even then he had to not be attacking.

I found myself losing as a result of trying to grab rather than go for d,DF+4. WTF has much more range than her grabs. I noticed this and switched back to d,DF+4 for the big low mixup with much better results. I did still use grabs, though. I just thought it was interesting that, against a player with good movement, d,DF+4 is the thing to use when going low.

Once, I found myself up 2 rounds to 0, in the third round, and I was up on health by about 50%. It was looking like I was going to win, basically, in that game. I thought it might be good to use uf+1s to close it out. But he blocked every single one. uf+1 is really slow...TOO SLOW!

But also, I took your advice Galen, I used cc d+2 as a mixup for the guaranteed hit after WTF and I got him to the wall sometimes with the combo!! And, after the wall combo, as wall OKI, instead of a df+1, I was using uf+3 to re-wall splat if he tried to use a getting up kick or if he got up and crouched, with very good results. Once, he got up from the wall combo, this was towards the end of the FT10, and he was not going to crouch at the wall at that point after eating uf+3s. So what else to do but df,df+1, then wait for him to get up, then df,df+1 AGAIN for a KO! I have been using db+3 alot, just want to mention that. uf+3 after a db+3 hit at the wall is the juice.

When using df+3,2,d+3,2 in the past week, I launched many people with it. Some people just standing block against the whole string just like Law's Junkyard Kick Combo, and sometimes I like to watch them block the low kick from the string and hope they get hit by the uppercut due to lag!

1,2 punches (blocked), SSR+2 was great.

I used WS+1,1+2 as a punisher, or even a random. I punished a blocked Dragon's Tail with it. Yeah, I know. uf+2,1 is probably what I should have used.

uf+2,1 when he was at range 1 or 2 and it looked like he was waiting to counter-hit me.

I threw out alot of b+1+4s when I noticed he was moving in, or d,DF+4 as a crush option to mix it up. db+3+4, too, from time to time. I felt like uf+1 was just too slow against that Law player, he could totally see it. I feel like Nina has to just throw it out sometimes.

d+4 or uf+3 were my crushing options. In Tekken 6, I feel like you always have to think about crushing, it is so important. He used ALOT of Law d+2,3s and uf+4. He was using magic 4 against my b+1+4 or db+3+4s. At that point I switched to QCF+2, which seems to avoid highs. I was doing it as d,df,F,+2, holding the forward from the QCF as long as possible to avoid the 4,3,DSS. He did use the parry, but I guess the QCF+2 was counter-hitting him out of the 4,3. I am going to miss the Tekken 6 version of QCF+2. d+3,2 was getting blocked and launched so I stopped using it, using d+3,4,3 instead. QCF+2 has great range, too, which is another thing d+3,2 is lacking in.

One highlight for me in the FT10 was when my Nina was close to having her back against the wall on Temple Grounds stage. I hit a QCF+2, df+1, df+3,2, f+4,3,3 (B!), iWS+1,1+2 and it made it to the opposite wall for a wall splat, I dashed over and did 1, df+1,2,f+1+2 FULL COMBO OMG highlight reel moment.

Last edited by forest16 on Mar 15th, 2012 at 08:06

zer0kage
&#40658;&#39438;&#22
PSN: MrZaKaGi
XBL: zer0kage
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
So.. how is this essay related to Galen's post?
Signature 我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!我は一繰り剣にて全ての罪を刈り取り悪を滅する!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
How about

2,f+1+2

...as a frame trap at the wall after they block a move that is positive on block? For instance,

1 (blocked), 2,f+1+2

df+3,2 (blocked), 2,f+1+2

df+1, 1 (blocked), 2,f+1+2

Her standing basic 2 is 10 frames! The 2,f+1+2 seems to always give huge pushback at the wall, at least after they block the standing jab.

I guess you could also do 1 (blocked), 4, and it would be much safer. Both hits are high and the 4 will only wallsplat on counter-hit, though. The 2,f+1+2 will wallsplat them if they so much as duck.

Or should I just stick to uf+3...?
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
How about

2,f+1+2

...as a frame trap at the wall after they block a move that is positive on block? For instance,

1 (blocked), 2,f+1+2

df+3,2 (blocked), 2,f+1+2

df+1, 1 (blocked), 2,f+1+2

Her standing basic 2 is 10 frames! The 2,f+1+2 seems to always give huge pushback at the wall, at least after they block the standing jab.

I guess you could also do 1 (blocked), 4, and it would be much safer. Both hits are high and the 4 will only wallsplat on counter-hit, though. The 2,f+1+2 will wallsplat them if they so much as duck.

Or should I just stick to uf+3...?

2,f+1+2 is still launch punishable by most of the cast... uf+3 is a lot safer option. Sometimes I'll do a 1,2,1,2,f+1+2. But that really only works once against someone, then they'll never fall for it again.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah. Remind me not to play online.