Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Organizers can't be held responsible for that. How can they keep track of shit like then when they had over 1000 entries spread out of different games? Really it should be the players responsibility to let them know that they are in another game so they can skip over to the next match.

Plus it didn't help that they were extremely short on consoles. AE pools took FOREVER since each pool only had two setups. I was glad I went 0-2. I didn't want to be bothered with a shitty game like that taking so long anyways.

Add that and the amount of dlcs to be downloaded and thats the result. But I hope it doesn't result in people not coming next year. This was my first Final Round and it definitely lived up to the hype. I had more fun at this event, more than evo and CEO.
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
On the real, I'll take being in chaos with Tekken players any day. <3 <3
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
WayGamble
Iron Fist God
PSN: WayGamble
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Cuz they know how get with the dq hammer...it changed you...like chronicle or juice
Signature I Am a Master of Those I Survey.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
But it comes at the cost of my soul D:
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
sciolist
Bad Lt.
PSN: Bacon-B-Godlike
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Paying attention is so free.

Also,

I'll take being in chaos with Tekken players any day.

^this
Insane Axes
Legend
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
vids?
WayGamble
Iron Fist God
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Afaik only the top 8 stream was recorded go to www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky check out the day 3 stream Tekken was near the beginning
The Game
EMP The Game
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
We were supposed to get a stream I guess with the chaos they decided not to but at least we got love from sp00ky <3
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
JuStBlAzEiTuP
Iron Fist God
PSN: Warm_Rhino_Poo
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
that entire weekend was hell. glad i was apart of the small group who kept it going even though i wasnt pretty. glad you guys were patient with us. josh, angela nor myself had no control of the chaos that was going on. it just happened lol.
Signature NO PRACTICE= deserving losses
3-0 Done Representative
The Steve of GA
www.gmma.us
The Game
EMP The Game
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
forgot to mention whoever pushed the home button during my match with clint can eat a dick
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
LOC
Iron Fist God
PSN: DCS_LOC_4HM
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
^^^^^^^ I so hate that phrase...
Who actually eats dick?
Signature NYC TEKKEN
Gosu NY Tekken Watch me battle here :p
NY Tekken on Facebook
WayGamble
Iron Fist God
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Fear factor contestants, liberals and big girls
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LOC
Who actually eats dick?

Umm...

*leaves thread*
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
The Game
EMP The Game
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LOC
Who actually eats dick?

Originally posted by WayGamble
Fear factor contestants, liberals and big girls
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Late ass quick shoutouts. Good seeing everyone again. Appreciate my guy Sluch for my only T6 casuals in a long time besides for a handful in Kodee and Devil Reborn's room. Props also to Icege, Angie, and Just Blaze for trying to get peeps through brackets. I know it was rough. Big ups to the young punk Hoa fucking with your boy as always, and for being super clutch. Is it not understood??

But yea it was good playing Tekken again. Tag 2 was crack, and dabbling in this new gen bullshit just made me realize just how much I love Tek at competitive level and also the scene. Oh my God the scene, full of regular hype and chill cats. Everyone takes a bath now too. It's all fucking good. I holla'ed at majority of dudes in person so y'all know what's up.

Seriously gonna hibernate and fallback until TTT 2, or if a random T6 tourney with decent headcount pops up. Will play a bit beforehand next time. Because I can't trust these newer fgs. Tek can get dumb but will remain legit.
Signature Retired...........unless MMs.

ATLShinBlanka
Shihan
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello everyone, i'm official back and it has been a crazy 2 weeks for me personally and T.O. wise and I would like to look at what happen during FRXV from my own eyes. Hopefully this can help others not to make the mistakes I did moving forward in T.O.!

While the matches on sunday was great and everyone enjoyed watching/playing on sunday at frxv SATURDAY WAS A CLUSTER ON A MASSIVE SCALE! There is nothing I can say or do to make that any better than it was. It was a total dropped ball by ME because I didn't have enough system or volunteers to handle the amount of players/spectators that would attend this years event. So let's run through the list of fuck up's on my part during FRXV:

1. short staff= stress to the staff/volunteers I had and that lead to problems with players and the tournament itself. People shouldn't have to leave their vacations like Eric Small, John Gallagher robin, Hal, and countless others that volunteer onsite to help me out with FR like they did! I really appreciate that fella's. That was some real stand up/respect you guys gave me during FRXV.

2. short on equipment= stress on everyone! I had to take some monitors from other area's to get the bigger events rolling.

3. Equipment being ready onsite= stress on me/players and delaying the tournament. Just make sure all of your systems have all of the correct info/patches before the event starts. I know to do that, but some way some how things got lost in the matrix and it didn't happen until the systems was on site.

4. at the door registration= is the devil that i'm leaning towards getting rid of at this moment. For me it's becoming a hassle to sign people up at the door with the size FR is becoming. While I could still have at the door reg next year without problems, it would be easier to just arrive at the venue not worry about rebalance the brackets due to late entry's at the door. I see why Evo doesn't fool with that BS anymore. I may have to follow suit next year.

5. Multiple huge tournaments going on the same day= Now that FRXV has gone and past I see SCV and KOF13 are not going anywhere in attendance! At this year event we set records for those games in attendance with 254+ in SCV and 174 in KOF13. They both was on the same day as the 2 huge events umvc3 and ae that had 400+ players. That = I need a bigger boat! lol

6. Room size= I could have move something around to give us more room, but the way the room was set up we used every inch of that room for tournament and it was just too freaking small for that size of event PLUS sponsors/vendor booths! I'm already looking into a bigger venue for next year!

7. I wasn't as hands on with the brackets like i'm normally are during FR= a problem I could catch everything that happen during FRXV. Somethings shouldn't happen during a tournament regaurdless of how late things are running. These are things we'll correct in the future.

Those are the main problems I had during FRXV from the tournament aspect, but I can correct those things. By all means i'm not telling others how to run their own event, but i'm simply going over things that went horribly wrong at FRXV and for you guys to avoid my mistakes. Most of these things should have never happen, but they did and I take full responsibility for those things as it was a piss poor performance in organizing an event imo!

I will not use my personal issue as an excuse! That would be disrespecting my mother memory and I won't do that! If I start something I must see it through! That's what she taught me and that's why i didn't cancel FRXV. Thanks to everyone that attended FRXV and I hope you return for next years event.
Signature FINAL ROUND "A Staple in the Fighting Game Community!"
Left_Iron_Fist
Shihan
PSN: SilentRain123
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
No need to apologize sir. Every time I saw you you had a stressful look on your face. Also I saw the line for at the door registrations, line was stupid before it even began >_<. Worst case scenario is if the power cut off during matches(thankfully it was only the lights on 2 occasions).

Btw are any of the shirts still available for purchase?
ATLShinBlanka
Shihan
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Left_Iron_Fist
No need to apologize sir. Every time I saw you you had a stressful look on your face. Also I saw the line for at the door registrations, line was stupid before it even began >_<. Worst case scenario is if the power cut off during matches(thankfully it was only the lights on 2 occasions).

Btw are any of the shirts still available for purchase?
We'll get some more made and put them on the site.
Signature FINAL ROUND "A Staple in the Fighting Game Community!"
Jody Tha Great
Iron Fist God
PSN: JTG777
XBL: JodyThaGreat777
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
I say personally for next year run it like EVO where Street Fighter is Friday and Marvel is Saturday that way we won't have two giant number entry on the same day.

@Shinblanka we understand man you was stuck in tough times. Everyone on here still respect you and you brought tekken alive at Final Round and I believe you had a bigger entry than EVO last year and we not gonna have it this year. You gave us tekken players a chance to come together and play in another huge major. I'll be back again next year man and I know everything is gonna run smooth next year. Again sorry for your lost but I know you're bouncing back up. Stay up dude

KIDD
Signature Facebook: Jody Jodythagreat Woods
Follow me @JodyThaGreat on twitter
UFGT7 champion, M.O.K. MK9 champion
STL Aftermath
DEZ 187
Iron Fist God