Page Splits 1...<161718
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
porukun
Shihan
#341 “Quote” Edit Post
Saint does something after ff+1+2, he goes b+2,1 then b+2,1 again. How do I do that without ending up with ws+2?
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#342 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by porukun
Saint does something after ff+1+2, he goes b+2,1 then b+2,1 again. How do I do that without ending up with ws+2?

You have to do ff1+2, b21, cc, b21

What's cc you ask? It's short for CrouchCancel and you do it by pressing u or ff when in crouch. I myself do it by pressing uu, feels better to me. So what you have to do is b21, wait until the animation ends (which takes a while) and then press u~b21. It should connect then. You need this for most of Ganny's BR juggles so if you want to play him well this is a must. Good luck!
Signature
porukun
Shihan
#343 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks bro. I can finally carry people to the walls.
Signature In losing, you learn something. In winning, not so much...

Finally settling on +
Brennan
Master
PSN: Hyann
#344 “Quote” Edit Post
So I was messing around with some stuff and I discovered FC df+1.2.1.

The first to hit are NC, and all of them are safe (-8 on block). If you commit to use the full string or stop into the first two hits, Ganny will recover crouching, adding to his decent FC/WS mixups.

Is using FC 1.2 is a viable strategy at all? I think I never saw any Ganny player using it. May be worth digging more about it.
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#345 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brennan
So I was messing around with some stuff and I discovered FC df+1.2.1.

The first to hit are NC, and all of them are safe (-8 on block). If you commit to use the full string or stop into the first two hits, Ganny will recover crouching, adding to his decent FC/WS mixups.

Is using FC 1.2 is a viable strategy at all? I think I never saw any Ganny player using it. May be worth digging more about it.
I do use it sometimes in my FC game. I usually stick to FC, df12 for NC but you can delay the last 1 for a CH knockdown and oki or free 1+2 (I think it's free). I also thought (FC,df12)1 is -10.
Signature
Chamberjin
Fujin
PSN: Micah1-_
XBL: Chamberjin
#346 “Quote” Edit Post
A juggle for sandilord to add to his compilation

After FC df+1.2.1, with the counter hit delay hitting, you can do a low damage juggle with FC d+1,1,1,2,1 (42 dmg) I think some of it's other variations work too for 40ish damage.

You can get a really good oki backturned juggle if you time it right when they get up and get 1+2,1+2, d/f+1,4,1, 2,1,2,B!, f+3+4 (95 dmg). Of course you could end it different for oki options.

Last edited by Chamberjin on Aug 27th, 2011 at 13:45

Signature Micahjesus
InFeCtEd_InSiDe
2nd Dan
#347 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello guys, it's been a while since I post something here ^^'.

I have red almost anything in the Ganryu section (he is so fat <3) and I have discovered something pretty nasty (at least, for me were a discovery).

If you hit your opponent with fff+1+2, you have enough frame advantage to go under the opponent and launch with df+2 of ff+1+2. Sometimes I've also put FC df+2, but imho I think that are better the other 2 launchers.

That's how I tried this:

Practice mode against Lee.
Hit him with fff+1+2
After the hit, go on option and set "Guard All"
Then dash in and put either df+2 or ff+1+2.

Juggles after this move are damn high damaging but, due to the speed of fff+1+2, it's not so recommandable.

Imho, like the noob that I am lol, this move should be used the less is possible, maybe once or twice, just to see if our opponent knows the fatman or not. If the move will hit, we will probably win that round due to the enormous damage of the juggles after fff+1+2.

I post this "discovery" because I haven't see anything similar to this. If there's already something like that on Ganryu section and I haven't noticed, please just troll me lol ^_^

Have a nice night (10.50 pm in Italy)

PS. If I have not testet correctly, please tell me why
Signature Hunting memories is not a great thing; Good ones can't be catched and, the bad ones, can't be killed.
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#348 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm recently using Ganryu (Three days ago), and I'm having troubles against a Feng Wei. He uses only safe attacks and use his parries/reversal after each one. I can't reach him because he fall back to much, and if I reach him I get caught on the parry and got punished. I can only use long range unsafe attacks to catch him, like f+3+4, but is not enough to finish it every round... any ideas?
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#349 “Quote” Edit Post
@Infected: wr1+2 gives a guardstun on hit. It means your opponent is stunned and can't attack. What he can do is block. So nothing is guaranteed afterwards but you do get the liberty to do just about everything you like. It's +27 or something like that.

@tyrax: Feng is a poking nightmare. It seems like your opponent spaces well and pokes a lot. First thing you have to do/learn is space more/better. This is a general thing, not Ganny specific. If he parries you, you're too predictable and use too little lows and throws. Parrying is pretty good against Ganny because he has no elbow or knee attacks. Feng doesn't have a lot to parry kicks so you could use stuff like df4>1 more.
If you (have to) keep a distance, f1+2 is your friend. Make him whiff by spacing and give him a f1+2. If you're fast enough or his recovery is enough, launch him with df2 of ff1+2.
Feng is a poking beast but ganny is good up close as well. 1 is i12 and +3 on block so jab a lot in between moves to keep him on edge. Use moves like df4>1, df3, df1, b21 and db1. b21 and db1 put you in crouch and that's where ganny gets pretty dangerous. He gets a lot of options like: FC1 (annoying poke, on hit ws4 is uninterruptable) FC df12(>1), FC,df2, fc1+2, ws1+2>1+2, ws1(2) etc. You can really fuck with you opponents heads by putting yourself in crouch situations in front of them.
If your opponent does a lot of lows you can do uf1. Safe and on hit guaranteed 12 or b1+2. If you're confident you can lowcrush with uf3 for a guaranteed 1+2.

In case he does anything unsafe, here how to punish some stuff:
db12 - b1+2
f34 - df2 (or is it -15? If you're fast enough ff1+2 will launch. f1+2 will always hit)
b2432 - parry last hit
uf4 - 12
db3 - ws4_lowparry 4, b21, cc, b212
ss4 - ws2
b1+2 - df2_ff1+2

Good luck and if you still have problems, try to ask more specific questions: which specific move/setup are you having troubles with?
Signature
tyrax
Expert
#350 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx a lot. I'll try this out. I don't remember the pokes he used, I haven't play in a few days now. But I'll try it out next time I see him and tell you how it goes (Y)
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
tyrax
Expert
#351 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, this has been getting better lately. My ganny doesn't get raped so badly now. The solution is/was to become more selective when punishing "missed" attacks against that feng, lots of them are intentional to catch me with the parry/reversal (those moves should be punishable but they still caught me while retaliating)
IE: feng's f+3,4 has -14f recovery on block, but sometimes if I try to single jab it got parried or reversed. The funny thing is f+1+2 always hits

I found out that best of ganny's punishments is f+1+2, it hits really fast and has huge range, it catches feng's b+3+4 most of the times, bad thing is a lot of times the opponent attacks will go under yours.

Is there some good move to continue poking after df+1,4 and df+1,4,1? I see a small window to attack there, but almost always I get interrupted and therefor punished on counter hit
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#352 “Quote” Edit Post
Tyrax: Feng's f34 is -15 on block (maybe even -16 but I don't think so). f1+2 is i14 so it will always it. ff1+2 can be executed in 15 frames so you can launch Feng for doing it.
If it actually is -16 you can launch more easily with df2.

Isn't Feng b3+4 the stance? If it is, don't attack but sw (I think swr?) or backdash far enough.

df14 is -2 on hit so it's best not to attack afterwards. Use movement instead (ss_sw_ bd etc). IF you hit df141 (which is risky to use out in the open because the last 1 can and most of the time will be ducked) you're at +8 which means you can do pretty much everything you like. I use things like 1, df4>1 (hitconfirm: if the df4 hits press 1 and it will connect). Try to adapt to your opponent. If he's attackhappy, you could do stuff like b1+2 or df2 afterwards. If they like to ss_sw you can do b1 or uf2 etc.
Signature
tyrax
Expert
#353 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Tyrax: Feng's f34 is -15 on block (maybe even -16 but I don't think so). f1+2 is i14 so it will always it. ff1+2 can be executed in 15 frames so you can launch Feng for doing it.
If it actually is -16 you can launch more easily with df2.

Data frame says its -16f~-15f, but I think it's always -16f. Even though that, my df+2 get caught on fengs reversal each and everytime. I started mixing low unsafe attacks after that kind of moves, and surprisingly it works. Reversal fails and he is launched with a db+2. Bad thing is I may get used to it, and more experienced players may rape my ganny if I do that too often xD I think frame data may be wrong about feng's f+3,4 recovery time or ganny's df+2 impact time

Originally posted by sandilord
df14 is -2 on hit so it's best not to attack afterwards. Use movement instead (ss_sw_ bd etc). IF you hit df141 (which is risky to use out in the open because the last 1 can and most of the time will be ducked) you're at +8 which means you can do pretty much everything you like. I use things like 1, df4>1 (hitconfirm: if the df4 hits press 1 and it will connect). Try to adapt to your opponent. If he's attackhappy, you could do stuff like b1+2 or df2 afterwards. If they like to ss_sw you can do b1 or uf2 etc.

Yes, it is risky to use that 1 at the end of df+1,4, but I poke with that movement enough for my opponent start not expecting that last 1, and the fact that last movement can be delayed helps a lot. It ussually is a CH