TTT2 Bruce Discussion

Page Splits 1...<45678>...16
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
jernie19
Kyu
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Just want to ask if Bruce has a flipping move that I can TA for Steve's b2?
~Mon5tar~
Destroyer
PSN: timabctim1989
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b 2,1,4 ??? see if that works ?
Signature Tim: =ToT= Currently located in hk... STC for life :p
Sydney's Greatest Rank Whore because i play every character and i miss lazy davs ass sooo MUCH!!!!
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jernie19
Just want to ask if Bruce has a flipping move that I can TA for Steve's b2?

I saw this in a vid with Steve and Bruce;
Steve: ch b2, ff2~5, cd2 (flips)

and im sure cd3+4 works aswell

Last edited by Adnanish on Jan 10th, 2012 at 17:53

Signature
jernie19
Kyu
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks! I'll try those out.

Btw, is ws 2,1, d+3, 4, guaranteed? I have had some trouble picking them up after ws 2,1.
~Mon5tar~
Destroyer
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
dash in
Sydney's Greatest Rank Whore because i play every character and i miss lazy davs ass sooo MUCH!!!!
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
yes you have to dash after ws21 to connect d34f1, takes practise
Signature
Phenex
Shihan
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
EVADE!!!!

share the love man
Phenex
Shihan
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Phenex
EVADE!!!!

share the love man

I gotcha man, now I think I know why you aren't sharing

Pick it apart guys,

bf4 bf4 f4 combo still possible
bf4 bf4 JACK ff1 possible

df1,4 still tracks

db3+4 still same, now with consistent juggle (d3)

f3+4 still sucks but has new KND on normal hit, it's the same as Hei's f3(?) move, the knee. Perhaps allows better oki or more consistent wall splats.

d3+4, I use this as a crush actually, and not it has oki, they land RIGHT in front of you, no space. d4/3 may actually be free.

4 - it's safe.

ws3 - safe too, fun little knee animation

uf3+4 - I believe it's 14 frames, and it's range is not bad. It knocked out Hei's ff2 (range) and always killed Lei's ff3 (like 20 times), and Julia's ff3, etc. Most important is the OKI. They can't tech when they hit, they need a second to move. This allows you time to move in.

f,f+1+2 can hold D yep, but who cares, this game you get stepped so easy and launched for so much life (sorry, just wanna say F this game) so yeah, why use this move? Hopkick >>>

f,f+4 has a cool animation but again, easy as hell to get to his back - HIS BACK. I did some testing and I think it has a small high crush window VERY late in it's animation. I think it's +5~6. And even though I have no passion for this game anymore, when I think of that KND animation it is pretty f'ing sweet. (I think of a gun being cocked and fired, chick,chick-BOOM!)

fff3 is less than +7, I think again - +5~6

B3,2 looks cool but I think sorta useless. Safe, and it's high, high, CH crumple

yeah that's all I can read out of my messy notes.

Hope somebody finds this game enjoyable so I may see a T7 without juggles

edit: somebody said he can't do his old wall carry like in BR, that's not true. He still has same distance ease of use - nothing changed. UB! taken out, etc but still wall carry. If you are insane enough to take this game seriously, I think Bruce is in the top tier. He lost some in the frame game but his range is still obnoxious and he has some new oki to play with. He's still dangerous, so have fun!
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
Great that you had time on a cabinet for testing, thx for sharing man, this forum doesnt get too much love nowadays from our asian testers so 4 is safe.. i heard a while ago that JC n Bruces 4's were the only unsafe ones in tag2?
Signature
Phenex
Shihan
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
It's ok man, it's not THIS forum, it's the whole site.
I don't know what it is but this game just turns me off in the wrong way.
I'll soon drop off but I think of this as tying up loose ends.

yes, 4 is safe.

correction:
d3+4, I use this as a crush actually, and now it has oki, they land RIGHT in front of you, no space. d4/3 may actually be free.

The point I didn't make so clear in the post was that he now has situations where his H3 are good in oki. I get a fanyboy grin on my face when I think of ff4's KND animation, so-fucking-cool. That it gives oki is a +. Though unexplored, I'm sure he has some nasty stuff for it. And uf3+4's oki looks ripe for exploration too! And d3+4 is just too easy. They are waxing your shoes, think Duk ss1+2 KND, right-at-your-feet. With quick lows, long reach lows and now a low pickup JG he was only missing SITUATIONS where they would be available for use. He now has though.

His d3,4 B! is a blessing I believe. There are odd floats that from DR-BR you could tack on only d3,4 and send them flying. Now it's a JG! and leads to more damage. Ditto with his SS1+2 etc.

If you're reading this and going into the game fresh, you need to input d3,4 and wait a second to hit f1, that took me longer than I'd like to admit to get down consistently (I mash)
~Mon5tar~
Destroyer
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
anyone know which side u SS to juggle off WS3 ? because i saw knees combo video of byran/bruce after he hit bruce ws3 he SS and did d3,4 f+1 B! anyone know which side ?
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ~Mon5tar~
anyone know which side u SS to juggle off WS3 ? because i saw knees combo video of byran/bruce after he hit bruce ws3 he SS and did d3,4 f+1 B! anyone know which side ?

SSR
Signature
~Mon5tar~
Destroyer
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
so as soon as ws+3 hits SSR d3,4 ?
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ~Mon5tar~
so as soon as ws+3 hits SSR d3,4 ?

yea try it
Signature
DrBhup666
Deity
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
No activity since March 2nd?? Why is the Bruce thread totally dead?? What happened to Bruce in TTT2U?
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
Nothing new to report? I've only heard a possible rumor that perhaps, maybe, cd+3 damage is toned down. But I have no reason to think it's a fact yet.

ps I guess he's just so brain dead easy that nothing has changed since T6 BR besides a few new moves and properties.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
relacjack
6th Dan
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
I believe d+4 is launch-punishable as compare his days in BR
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
d+4 is at least -15 in BR, so it was launch punishable.

Last edited by MCP on Apr 11th, 2012 at 20:30

Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#119 “Quote” Edit Post
Yep it was -16 in BR.
Theres only 2 changes in TTTU, but i cant really get a proper translation out of it.
Something about,
1. cd3 giving different enemybehaviour/animation on hit
2. ws21 (i think) being nerfed down in terms of damage output and something about the height of the attack
Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#120 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish ws21 (i think) being nerfed down in terms of damage output and something about the height of the attack
Hopefully more range.