Page Splits 1...<4748495051>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Sluch
Soul Crusher
PSN: Sluch
#961 “Quote” Edit Post
This is true. I have been playing some SC5 as of lately. It's a lot of fun. I wish I could play KOF13, but I'm just terrible at the game. I don't have the mexecution like you do in that game Phil.
Signature Proud Representative & Godfather of Cincy Tekken

- My Army Of Bitches

Galen- "I want my 100% broken top tier goddess plz... ALSO they should nerf the rest of the cast."
SwiftDemon
War Lord
PSN: Swiftdemon
#962 “Quote” Edit Post
Sluch,

When are you arriving for FR? I booked my flight and stuff already and will arriving on Friday around noonish..let me know and we can meet up to practice..

By the way, I'm definitely playing T6 and MK, but not too sure about SC5 yet, the game is too new still and I don't want to get rocked.

Swift
Signature Tekken is a MAN's game, SF has too much ESTROGEN!!!

~ Founder of Tekken's "JustFrame" Thursdays @ GGA
ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
XBL: ApocryphicV
#963 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice TZ, had to reset my password because of the hacker.

Luckily I associated this account with a different email and not the one that I was using when I first signed up here or I would have been lost in the world.

Mike: Mexcution comes with practice, something I know you can do if you had more time. Don't give up on it, I'll help you find a team that is up your alley if you need pointers.
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#964 “Quote” Edit Post
Swift: I'll be in Atlanta for sure for Final Round...just don't know when b/c I got to iron out the details w/ ppl around here that are going. One thing is for sure & that's I'll be there to get some Tekken in w/ ya w/out a doubt.

- My Army Of Bitches

Galen- "I want my 100% broken top tier goddess plz... ALSO they should nerf the rest of the cast."
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#965 “Quote” Edit Post
Just letting peeps know that if you're going to AL on Thursday, we'll be getting some Tekken in on that day for sure. Myself & the new guy to our scene Cory (Chrishin22) will be there for sure playing lots of Tekken, so hopefully some more peeps around here will head there Thursday to get some Tekken in as well.

- My Army Of Bitches

ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
#966 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sluch
Just letting peeps know that if you're going to AL on Thursday, we'll be getting some Tekken in on that day for sure. Myself & the new guy to our scene Cory (Chrishin22) will be there for sure playing lots of Tekken, so hopefully some more peeps around here will head there Thursday to get some Tekken in as well.

No.

Psych!

Seriously tho, I'll like to get some games with him this time. I might save the final capping session after I play some games first.
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#967 “Quote” Edit Post
That's what I like to see Phil. I'm glad you'll be getting some Tekken in on Thursday as well along w/ your usual dose of KOF13 & UMVC3.

Thursday should be pretty good for Tekken. I'll actually be picking up Dave as well that day before I go to the arcade. He was all gung-ho about going to the arcade & getting some Tekken in that day...especially since he heard Cory was going to be there. I know Dave has played Cory online before, so I guess he really wants to play him offline. Go Dave!

See peeps there on Thursday at AL.

- My Army Of Bitches

Sluch
Soul Crusher
#968 “Quote” Edit Post
Fun times this evening getting to chill with everyone at the arcade & at both the Asian Buffet & I-HOP as well tonight.

Good games to Cory, Brandon, & Dave tonight in Tekken 6. There was some damn good Tekken going on for sure & that makes me happy as a lark to see. There was five of us altogether playing Tekken tonight (Phil, Brandon, Dave, Cory, & myself), so that's great to see for sure.

Phil is gonna be hosting some games at his place on Monday (Tekken 6, Soul Calibur 5, & KOF13) are the games that are gonna be played, so if you're interested in going, hit Phil up & catch all the details on what's going on that evening. See you peeps on Monday for sure.

- My Army Of Bitches

ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
#969 “Quote” Edit Post
Let's be realistic people, unless Kris comes through, I don't think I'll be playing an KOF this Monday. Hence getting all my games in last night.

Just got some pop (Fruit Punch mofo) and we are good to go.
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#970 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm pretty sure Kris won't be there Monday, so I guess it'll be a 3D Fight Night for sure...which I don't mind.

- My Army Of Bitches

ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
#971 “Quote” Edit Post
I did text the salty one and he said he would try but we all know he can be a bit of a cock tease. Ah well, Dave once to give KOF a try so Mike please bring your PS3 copy of said game.
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#972 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Phil, just to give ya a heads up I might not be able to make it there to your place for games tomorrow night. Since I'll be out & about doing stuff on Thursday like getting ready for Final Round & going to the arcade that night, plus be gone all weekend in Atlanta for Final Round, I won't be able to see the girlfriend at all those days. Plus I'll be working on Tuesday & Wednesday nights, so more than likely I won't see her or spend time with her those days at all, so tomorrow will probably be the only day & night I get to see her this week, so if that's the case, I won't be there at your place for games at all tomorrow night.

I'm not too sure if that will be the case or not since she's not sure if she has to work tomorrow, but if she is off work tomorrow, I'll be spending time with her for sure. I really didn't get to see her or spend time with her at all this past week besides last Monday, so I'll definitely wanna see her.

I was just posting this so that you know I may not be there tomorrow Phil.

- My Army Of Bitches

Sluch
Soul Crusher
#973 “Quote” Edit Post
^^^Added Note To Previous Post^^^

I just got done talking to my girlfriend & I was just posting back up to let ya know Phil that we'll be spending time w/ each other from about 3pm to about 7pm today, since she's off work, but has to spend some time w/ her parents doing whatever she needs to do later on tonight, so that makes me good to go for tonight to pick up Dave, then head over for games later on, but b/c of this, I probably won't be over till 8:30pm more than likely, so just giving ya a heads up on what's happening on my end Phil. Catch ya later on my good sir.

- My Army Of Bitches

Sluch
Soul Crusher
#974 “Quote” Edit Post
Big thanks to Phil for having us over for some games on Monday. It was great chilling there w/ Phil, Dave, Skeez, Pat, & Cory.

Good games to Cory & Phil in Tekken 6. Definitely some great practice for me going into Final Round this weekend.

Also, fun times at I-HOP w/ Skeez, Dave, & Cory. Being loud & trolling the shit out of each other FTW!

- My Army Of Bitches

ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
#975 “Quote” Edit Post
Micah versus Cory... I want a front seat and I'll dash down to Danberry and get some popcorn :-D
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#976 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ApocryphA
Micah versus Cory... I want a front seat and I'll dash down to Danberry and get some popcorn :-D

That would be some fun stuff to watch for sure...though it was a bummer that it didn't happen last week since Cory couldn't make it there to AL this past Thursday. I'll have to get these two to play some Tekken against each other for sure in the near future.

In other Tekken related news, Final Round was hella awesome. I did pretty well down there in terms of Tekken. I went 3 - 2 in the Tekken 6 tourney & I got 33rd place like I did last year out of 100 plus participants in that tournament. Not too shabby considering I didn't do my usual practice of going through all of the character list in Tekken 6 & doing my punishment training in practice mode, but only getting in practice through games with y'all these past few weeks. Not to mention that the competition down there was ridiculous as always, so I am happy with how I did for sure.

Also, I was doing hella awesome in TTT2 while I was down there. I gotta lot of games in on that down there & was doing some good work in that despite playing on arcade cabinet, so that was quite awesome. I'm glad that my Alisa & Lili were doing some good shit in both Tekken 6 & TTT2, so that's definitely hella sweet.

I'll be there at AL as usual on Thursday & I'll be picking up Dave as well that day, so with Cory, Phil, & Brandon being there as well, we should get some good Tekken matches in on Thursday also. I'll be looking forward to it.

Last edited by Sluch on Mar 5th, 2012 at 14:24

- My Army Of Bitches

ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
#977 “Quote” Edit Post
Good stuff about Final Round man. Who knocked you out? Were you able to get any games with AO (The Japanese Alisa player)?

In regards to Thursday, I'll be taking this Thursday off for two reasons, one I have an usher meeting and two it's the Thursday before the ranbats and I usually take that off anyway lol.

I'll def be gaming on Saturday tho.
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#978 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the heads up for Thursday Phil. I probably won't be there at the ranbats this Saturday, so I'll see you next Thursday then at the arcade.

In regards to who beat me in T6 down in Final Round, Drum EFX (the awesome Asuka player from Atlanta who won Ling Massacre's Island Invitational a few weeks ago & got Top 8 in last year's Final Round) knocked me into Losers after we played two very close matches that went down to the wire & the final round against my Alisa. It was a lot of fun playing against him b/c he was super solid with Asuka in terms of keeping it safe & setting you up for traps when you tried to attack. That b&3 with Asuka is too good. It got me a few times b/c it does such a great job in crushing all highs, lows, & some mids, plus at that sweet range (mid to long range) is difficult for Alisa to punish. I can punish b&3 with Alisa's robot bitch push (f1&2), plus stuff her b&3,4 low option & b&3,2 mid option with my f1&2, but if it's at that sweet spot, I'll whiff that & get launched, so each one of Drum's b&3s were at that sweet spot, so I couldn't get him for doing that, making it very hard to capitalize on that. I played pretty damn well & actually avoided most of his counter frame traps so I'm quite proud of that. The only thing that irked me was I got screwed over in the 1st match on the 4th round. I had a game winning juggle on a CH wake-up low sweep which I took him to the wall on the Rustic Asia stage, but when I wall carried him & proceeded to b&4,3 bound him on the wall to finish him off with a wall juggle, since he got juggled right into one of the corners, the 2nd hit of my b&4,3 bound missed, he teched out of the ground on the corner there, & tagged me with a while standing move that killed me in the round since I had hardly any life left on my bar. I was a bit upset about being on the bad end of some Tekken bullshit that cost me a close tournament match, but what can you do eh? Regardless, it was some damn good matches & I was glad I got the chance to play some damn good Tekken against him.

Ben111 (a good buddy of mine that's a super-solid Devil Jin player from Upstate New York) beat me 2 - 1 after a close, 1st match that he beat my Alisa, a great 2nd match which my Lili beat him, then he came back & had a solid win over my Lili in the 3rd match to take the set. I can't be mad at all b/c Ben is good ppl, one of my favorite people to play against, a solid player, & we always have good matches against each other. Plus, what's crazy is that the same scenario happened at NEC this past year where we went 2 - 1 in our tournament set where I prevailed over him in a close set with my Alisa & Lili against his Devil Jin, so it was cool to have that happen again. He got me this time, but I can't wait to play Ben again the next time around. Always fun & good Tekken when I play against him.

All in all, Tekken at Final Round was hella awesome. I'm pumped up to play some more Tekken & I can't wait for Power Up to get here in April. I'm ecstatic about that goodness.

- My Army Of Bitches

ApocryphA
Iron Fist God
#979 “Quote” Edit Post
I knew Final Round would be the place for good Tekken comp. I also cracked up about how Fighting GM popped off before the event and said he'll beat Anakin and then Anakin beat him in the finals.

BTW during your time out of town this was announced, you interested Mike?

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/02/mlg.../#disqus_thread

Lol Calibur for you, KOF for me.... Energy drinks all around lol.
Signature #bufflars
Sluch
Soul Crusher
#980 “Quote” Edit Post
Final Round is always one of the best tournaments to go to for Tekken for a reason. Damn good comp down there for sure.

Though the link is down for some reason Phil, I think I heard about this MLG stuff for SC5 & KOF13 in Columbus, Ohio. Depending on when that is & if I can get time off of work for this, I'd probably be down for it, but I gotta get some things squared away for it before I make any commitments for this though.

- My Army Of Bitches