Asuka vs ________ thread

Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
pIchu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Same as always, if you need help against a particularly character, post here... any videos will be very helpful.

And yeah... I'm looking at you, Ash, to be active here. You know a lot more about other characters than I do.
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
lol i've been told!!!

yeah man will do...just need people to post with more details, fortunately for the most part ttt2's roster is similar in playstyle to t6 so far so the same strategies apply give or take a few frames

RE: my hopkick post - most hopkicks are now -13, mig's has gone from -14 to -13, julia's stays at -16 because of its options with uf4,3,1

there is s post on it in the GD thread, so far A.King and Zaf's do not have their new -frames up
Signature Changs of Ireland...Twice.
pIchu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
They're probably -13 as well.. I can 2,3 them at the very least.

I'm still at a loss when I'm against King players... his hopkick still fucking tracks (or at least has a very wide hitbox).
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
it could be the other way round (been a while since I've played a good King and that's not often sadly) but King tracks badly to his right = swl and A.King to his left = swr

apparently in TTT2 Kings, df1,2 is -12 now and b1+2 is now breakable meaning his low game is pretty shit as you can now risk ducking against him more

AK is still a dry df1 bastard, but ch4 will stuff his DU and his tech crouch options still aren't great - that said he is a massive threat in TTT2 thanks to DU~5

outside of punishment, my knowledge vs (good) Kings is still kinda lacking as UK's best King/A.King cannot be bothered to play the game

I will be learning them for TTT2 tho, so watch this space...

I heard Dilly knows a little King
albacore7
4th Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
in regards to Miguel, i dont really know his moves frames and stuff, i get pitbulled by him alot as a result.

- does his low have a weak side to SW? is it mainly to the right?
- is his weak side mainly to the right?

Another big one for me is Jack - 6 . I can't say which moves exactly since i didn't study jack 6, but whats the overall strategy? i always feel like it's difficult to close in on jack
pIchu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Ash
There's a King player here... you can't step his moves... you have to side walk. His hopkick hits me out of SSR (to his right) and almost everything else tracks the other way. I'll try SWL to avoid his shenigans.

AK DU is only -10... such a good move. I don't use 4 against him... I should.

albacore7
Against Jack, I just stay the fuck away. 2,3 his d/f+2... if you don't, he'll rinse that shit on you. Not much you can do about d/b+1... not much anyone can really.

As Ash said, there's not much else we can really help you with unless you had match videos or something.
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER
it could be the other way round (been a while since I've played a good King and that's not often sadly) but King tracks badly to his right = swl and A.King to his left = swr

apparently in TTT2 Kings, df1,2 is -12 now and b1+2 is now breakable meaning his low game is pretty shit as you can now risk ducking against him more

AK is still a dry df1 bastard, but ch4 will stuff his DU and his tech crouch options still aren't great - that said he is a massive threat in TTT2 thanks to DU~5

outside of punishment, my knowledge vs (good) Kings is still kinda lacking as UK's best King/A.King cannot be bothered to play the game

I will be learning them for TTT2 tho, so watch this space...

I heard Dilly knows a little King

I need access to the game if you want me to give anti king advice.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
pIchu
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm sure Jack has stuff at -13 that's scary.. hopkick would be a bigger risk.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Jack has df3+4 at i13 so try not to hopkick him. But if he's late and you manage to block it, launch him.
Signature
外壳必须打破之前,鸟能飞。
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
vs Jack in TTT2?

I played vs Emperor's Jack (best Jack in Europe) for a bit on the E3 beta so some of this could be out of date

Aside from the threat of FC db1 which is now +5 on hit and no longer +9 (and still safe on block), Asuka being an i11 magic 4 character with an i10 jab, i13 df1, i12 generic d4 and i12 df4 can still poke Jack really well plus she still gets very good punishment on all of his unsafe stuff

uf3 is your man on closing the gap vs db1/fc db1 as its still safe and if speed is the issue cancan's are you anti db1/fc db1 option - or just throw out b3 if your opp can't punish it. ff1+2 is his b3 punisher which asuka can launch punish back with df2

because of the movment buff in TTT2, jack has a much harder time now when trying to lock down his opponent - check the GD and Jack threads - its full of Jack players lamenting this - spacing and whiff punishing ff1, iFC db1 is a hell of a lot easier now

also 1+2 lariat is a high now lol

just remember than jack still whiff punishes like a bastard and gets very good damage for very little risk still

unsafe jack moves

df2 -14
ff1+2 -15
f3+4/fc df3+4 -12
df3+4 -19
d1+2 -18 (could be more)
debugger -30 something
deathfist -15 (I could be wrong on this someone double check please)
db1 -12
f1+2 -20
ws1 -12
fc df1+2 -19
ff3+4 -120...could be more
df1+2 -70
ff1+2, 2 -14 (again I could have this confused with deathfist)
ff1+2,1+2 -19

oh and his 2 jab is now -1 on block which is hella pink robot gay

Last edited by IRON LOBSTER on Jan 18th, 2012 at 16:00

XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER

This is all that is needed for the kings
ckuriyama
Warrior
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
miguel will always to lock you down using his pokes, but take note that most of then are negative frames on block. Asuka being a defensive character benefits from this.
If you can read d/b+1, don't duck so often anymore. He has low pokes that hurt but more mids to worry about
Signature - ckuriyama
- ckuriyama
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been having a ton of trouble with Leo for a while now. How the heck am I meant to beat someone who throws out FF+2 and D/B+4 1 as a mix-up? I find it hard to space properly against aggresive Leo players, and a Leo at 0 range is scary! I'm find myself constantly being KD'ed and rushed down again.
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jason4579
I've been having a ton of trouble with Leo for a while now. How the heck am I meant to beat someone who throws out FF+2 and D/B+4 1 as a mix-up? I find it hard to space properly against aggresive Leo players, and a Leo at 0 range is scary! I'm find myself constantly being KD'ed and rushed down again.

d/f+4 or any mid poke will beat out both option
Backdash cancel beats both options
Both options are punishable
etc.
Signature Flushking.
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I thought most jabs couldn't reach Leo's ff+2.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
pIchu
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
If you're eating the mix up then you won't be punishing anyway.

You're only getting smashed by the mixup because they're making you hold back and guess. Take the initiative and do something before you really need to guess.
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
PSN: XaingCass1
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
DO te panic move b+3 and you're fine Or df+1,2 so you can fish for a CH.
Signature TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
TEKKEN 6 COMBO ACT VOL. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeTbDQcyyY
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/YoshiKatYoko
pIchu
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
b+3 gets float for a lot of stuff now. The low crush frames are very late as well so sounds lows still get me. I should be doing what Dilly says and use d+3+4 instead
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
But d3+4 is much easier to punish on wiff.... but then again in TTT2 if you can't hit confirm the 4 after then maybe there is not much point in using b3 in the game? Just thinking out loud.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...