Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#301 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
they already did take the Bound away from d+2,4... i wrote that a few pages back( and i think you responded to it)

Well then there you go.

Unless you mean she has 7 bound moves not including that one. Then that means she had 8 before, so now she could have at least one more bound(from MNT).

@Ieonized

Zafina's stance game might initially seem limited, but I think her room for creativity is greater than what it seems.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
leonized
War Lord
#302 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Melee_Sovereign
Well then there you go.

Unless you mean she has 7 bound moves not including that one. Then that means she had 8 before, so now she could have at least one more bound(from MNT).

@Ieonized

Zafina's stance game might initially seem limited, but I think her room for creativity is greater than what it seems.

hmm im puzzled, how should one define zafina's guessing game? is it unique among the casts, or with similarities... or the usually 50/50's... its a starting point on defining her core gameplay, or if she is versatile enough to hold a lot of gamestyles which depends on the player
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#303 “Quote” Edit Post
I would say it's situational. In certain situations her stances are ideal, but she doesn't have the kind of stances you wanna just randomly go into(except maybe MNT).

Julia Gulia, idk.....
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: X_Copies
#304 “Quote” Edit Post
Umm no. MNT should be the least one to randomly go into because can't even move. Well you can move but it's slow going forward, back, left, and right. Also going into the stance is also slow and doesn't evade anything.

Going into SCR when they're waking up near the wall is good because you can get them with 1+2. Going into TRT is good anywhere. It goes under highs and even some mids like a running 3. Also moving forward is pretty quick to 1+2 low crush or catch them from hoping over you. If they side walk you, then cancel out of the stance at a distance and fish for a wiff. If they trying to defend, then mix it up with 1 or 3~d. Where 1 is not safe but they cannot launch punish and 3~d is completely safe. You can also do 2 for a safe launcher if they stand still. If blocked, then follow it up by ws2 because they'll try to punish that launcher but can't.
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#305 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
Umm no. MNT should be the least one to randomly go into because can't even move. Well you can move but it's slow going forward, back, left, and right. Also going into the stance is also slow and doesn't evade anything.

It evades highs and some mids. I think that's pretty good. And it's the only stance she can block in.

But you're right that TRT is actually better for going into at random times. You can't block in it, but it's no big deal. Most of the time, the worst that can happen to you is getting a simply low kick out of it. You usually don't have to worry about being launched.

If only it had a faster transition, it would be even better.

I think SCR is probably the worst to go into randomly though.

Going into SCR when they're waking up near the wall is good because you can get them with 1+2.

This I would consider situational. It's just that SCR happens to have more situations for it than the other two stances.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#306 “Quote” Edit Post
You guys think it'd be cool if Zafina had d/b+2,1? It would end like the end ouf d/f+1,2,1.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
PECA
6th Dan
#307 “Quote” Edit Post
You guys think it'd be cool if Zafina had d/b+2,1? It would end like the end ouf d/f+1,2,1.

I REALLY want it NC
Signature

대한민국!
Khinhazzard
Kyu
#308 “Quote” Edit Post
is zafina/alisa pair good?
Signature There is no shame in losing, there is only shame in not trying..
PECA
6th Dan
#309 “Quote” Edit Post
Zaf/Ali is half/half

zaf main combo is very good but alisa main is not good...

Zaf main field combo

df2 - uf1 - f2,3b - 1+2 B! - Alisa B3+4,3+4 - Zaf d243
and so on... ff2 - other movement is possible but not tested

wall combo

B! - alisa b3+4,3+4 - zaf 1+2 - df1 - df121
Signature

대한민국!
Juanmig
1st Dan
#310 “Quote” Edit Post
Good day everyone! I've seen this done a while ago and wonder if it's assured and how to cancel the stance.

Lili/Zaf
at wall
B! zaf 3~d/b(?), d/f+1,2,1, Lili wall grab

and what's the best juggle/wall combo for a Lili/Zaf duo?
Signature
PSN: juanmigv
Pristine
2nd Dan
#311 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Juanmig
Good day everyone! I've seen this done a while ago and wonder if it's assured and how to cancel the stance.

Lili/Zaf
at wall
B! zaf 3~d/b(?), d/f+1,2,1, Lili wall grab

and what's the best juggle/wall combo for a Lili/Zaf duo?

Yes, Zaf 3~db,df121 to Lili wall grab is guaranteed but sometimes inconsistent when I'm using BT1+2 as wall bound.

For the timing on 3~d/b:
Doing 3~b won't work because it'll read it as a single attack and just switch back to your first character. As I described above, you have to do 3 then stay in SCR then db to cancel. After cancelling the SCR, you have about 2 secs to do something else before switching back.

For Lil/Zaf pairing wall combos, I've been using:
Lili on point
W! d/f+3~5 B! TA! [zaf 3~db, df+1,2,1] b+1,4

Zaf on point
W! 1+2~5 B! TA! [lil f+3+4,3,4] u/f+1 d/f+1,2,1

It's a little bit risky to use 3~db df121 wall combo to end a match, as I had a few instances where my opponent was able to tag crash between 3~db and df121.

Last edited by Pristine on Mar 12th, 2012 at 07:30

Signature

Juanmig
1st Dan
#312 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Pristine
Zaf on point
W! 1+2~5 B! TA! [lil f+3+4,3,4] u/f+1 d/f+1,2,1

Is this guaranteed? i can't seem to make the d/f+1,2,1 hit after Lili comes in
Thank you and nice game the other day btw Mr. Pristine
Signature
PSN: juanmigv
Pristine
2nd Dan
#313 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Juanmig
Is this guaranteed? i can't seem to make the d/f+1,2,1 hit after Lili comes in
Thank you and nice game the other day btw Mr. Pristine

You have to input u/f+1 immediately as soon as control is given back to zafina (even if lili hasn't finished garland kick animation) so that the u/f+1 and the last hit of garland kick will hit at the same time.

Enjoyed playing with you it's rare to find other Lil/Zaf players
Signature

Conrad
Warrior
PSN: Disruptr-
#314 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree that going into MNT randomly is bad, but the stance does have decent/good evasion.

Example: Feng's df3+4 will go right over her head in MNT and Marduk's uf3 (or uf4 whichever one's the knee) will whiff at 0 range allowing you to float him with MNT 1 or do MNT df2 for a launch.
Signature /
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#315 “Quote” Edit Post
NOTE

doing ff+3~b on the enemys back can cause a FREE d/f+1,2,1. Now i dont know if it can work by human verses human but it always seems to work on CPU(and yes Unknown too)

and yes that does a heap of damage.
Signature "I Still haven't forgiven myself for the Mona business, but i knew that was just grief".
Max Payne.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#316 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Conrad
I agree that going into MNT randomly is bad, but the stance does have decent/good evasion.

Example: Feng's df3+4 will go right over her head in MNT and Marduk's uf3 (or uf4 whichever one's the knee) will whiff at 0 range allowing you to float him with MNT 1 or do MNT df2 for a launch.

hrm I'm going to look into that. I never thought of going into MNT as an evasion. Also she can block from that stance so she really has nothing to lose.
leonized
War Lord
#317 “Quote” Edit Post
can someone suggest a noobie friendly partner for zaf? apparently my sister wants to main zaf, after 2 days of explaining how she isn't easy, so she asked me for a partner, i dont know which is a good newbie partner for zaf... BTW it must be male thank you everyone
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#318 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd say Lars is likely the best choice.

Lars is easy, and he likes Zafina. So he'll rage early for her.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
leonized
War Lord
#319 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd say Lars is likely the best choice.

Lars is easy, and he likes Zafina. So he'll rage early for her.

yeah, thats what i told her too, apparently she wants to die of difficulty, she told me she wants eddy/zaf team o.O *facepalm thats like one of the hardest tag team to control... anyways what are your thoughts regarding this team?
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#320 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
yeah, thats what i told her too, apparently she wants to die of difficulty, she told me she wants eddy/zaf team o.O *facepalm thats like one of the hardest tag team to control... anyways what are your thoughts regarding this team?

The only thing I know what's good for that team is that Eddy can tag out from df1+2 throw Zafina for more damage.