Level Up Your Game - SFxT - Law/Paul

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
We’re back with another episode of Level Up Your Game! This time around we’re partnered with Capcom to cover some of the Tekken cast in Street Fighter x Tekken and give you an early look at how these characters have made their transition to the Street Fighter universe. First up is Law and Paul so I hope you guys enjoy it! Tekken Tag 2 style combos in 2D?! Yup

Last edited by Rip on Feb 16th, 2012 at 19:14

Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
DrBhup666
Deity
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not going to buy or play this game whatsoever! I just don't do Capcom or 2D fighters.

Also, I don't care for the gem-system...

So, are many of the Tekken-players going to give this game a try? It is basically a SF game with Tekken characters.
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
From what Ive seen so far, gems account for like 5% of the game. Its pretty minimal. Thats not to say it won't get crazy later, but its definitely not something like 'omg you picked the wrong gems now you lose.'

The game definitely plays like SF, but the Tekken characters are very new and its a lot of fun to just use them in a new way. The game also has a significantly low barrier of entry, so you just need like a couple hours and you'll be playing whatever character you want and having fun with it
legendary_dude
Kyu
PSN: Legendary_Dude
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
HELLLLL YEA!!!
LOVE TEKKEN N LOVE STREET FIGHTER!!!!
Pixel
Xiaoyu & Raven
PSN: NinthPixel
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I do worry the 65%-70% tag combo that allowed Paul to do a charge up super is only the beginning. We'll see, though, I suppose. It was a bit hard to keep up with what is being discussed at points, but I guess it is hard to stay focused being so excited.

I will definitely be playing this game. To continue showing those 2d fans that Tekken players can play their games. Only to laugh when Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken x Street Fighter comes and the 2d fans have no hope at all in our territory.
Signature I play on a Hit Box ( http://hitboxarcade.com )
I may be garbage, but I am the leakiest garbage you will ever take out to the dumpster.
stillmatic
7th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
So, are many of the Tekken-players going to give this game a try? It is basically a SF game with Tekken characters.

Are you kidding? ofcourse man look at those combos! imagine the King or mishima combos
KPractice
Virtuoso
PSN: K-Stick-Practice
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Saw the WNF SFxTK Stream last night and it was pretty cool that Tekken mixups were sorta in the game (mids and lows or low and overheads in SF terms) but it kinda felt like it was all we had to go with e.g after floe figured out everything and adapted, SF took over quick.

That scramble mode was just ridiculous, it looked like Tekken had no chance and *cough* rolento broken *cough*

I'm hoping it is all because it is still new and that we haven't figured out all the moves/tactics/counters yet and when we do it will paint a different picture.

On topic:

Can't Paul wavedash under a fireball? Also can't Laws flips kicks anti-air?

"Tekken characters will have the same move inputs in SFxTK" - Ono

Yeah right, except for moves that count such as Law's anti-fireball (hcb punch, kick) thats d12,3+4 right? Um they don't look the same to me, ones harder to exeute and not in Tekken Law's move list. I don't mind qcb,hcb's for supers or ultras but for simple essential moves.....

It's going to be weird because some moves are familiar and some moves are just wtf...qcf for a flip kick..wut? I think it goes for lots of Tekken characters. in SFxTK...

Looking forward to your up coming videos and

@Rip: could you let who ever is explaining talk, you interrupt too much like you are trying too hard.
OmegaSymbol
Kyu
PSN: OmegaSymbol
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
looks interesting. ill probably be purchasing it.
Signature Last Apex Predator
Bryan furry
5th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Not much of a SF fan but this looks really good
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KPractice
Can't Paul wavedash under a fireball? Also can't Laws flips kicks anti-air?

Paul cannot wavedash under a fireball. He only has his backsway not forward sway.
Law's flipkicks can anti-air but they have a slow startup so its not something I feel like you can use as an anti-air reliably.

As for the marketing about being able to just use the 4 buttons etc, there are unique attacks that work this way, but most special attacks (moves that you can cancel some normals into) follow the Street Fighter notation of qcf/hcf/shoryuken motion etc.

For example, we showed that Law has his dragontail (b+mk aka b+4 instead of db+4) which is a unique attack, but its a unique attack that is special cancellable and his flipkick is a special, so by b+4, hcf kick you get dragontail flip kick etc

The Tekken characters definitely require a lot of learning but thats honestly what makes it a ton of fun because we haven't seen these characters used like this before.
KPractice
Virtuoso
PSN: K-Stick-Practice
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
@Rip: Ah ok, thanks. Law and Paul as a Team will have a hard time against shotos then. Will need Kaz/Hei as backup to take care of them projectiles.
Rezz
War Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I so can't wait for the Jin episode.

BTW: When are you going to start sending those t-shirts out? I put in for my request on twitter.
Signature
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
I so can't wait for the Jin episode.

BTW: When are you going to start sending those t-shirts out? I put in for my request on twitter.

Only two shirts, one per week. So when the next episode goes up I'll announce the previous weeks winner etc
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: SMX-001
XBL: SPINMASTER X
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Great job guys on the video. Glad you guys are doing this to show people what this game is about. I had my doubts about it however after watching some videos I feel a lot better about the game and realized that the Tekken Characters still have a lot of their movie properties from Tekken.

Street Fighter fans are in for some serious comp cuz they aren't used to this level of Mixups and weird move properties unless of course they're 3rd strike players then this game shouldn't be too tough on 'em.

ENTER THE TEKKEN!
Signature Feng Wei: The sixth deadly venom.

"The word kenpō is a Japanese translation of the Chinese word "qu?nfǎ"

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
cikame
3rd Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I was originally excited by the prospect of being able to do Tekken against Street Fighter but that's not what this has turned out to be.
This is a Capcom game, it's Street Fighter with some new characters, they just happen to have familiar looking moves but the properties are nowhere near the same, i enjoy Marvel much more than Street Fighter so i'm hoping it's more like that, if it's like SF4 then i'm out.
Superstar_LBV
Fujin
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I might like Tekken vs SF , but I am not too impressed with SF vs Tekken.
Signature i would not hesitate to beat the hell out of and .